Total Posts:38|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

What's Obama hiding?

RoyLatham
Posts: 4,488
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2012 11:48:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
We know what Romney is hiding in not revealing his tax returns. He is avoiding Democrats demanding that he explain and justify every line of hundreds of pages of returns. We know there is nothing illegal, because high paid public accountants prepared the returns, and the IRS audits them.

President Obama has gone to great effort to conceal every detail of his college years: admissions, grades, thesis, SAT scores, ... nothing is revealed. So what is he hiding? In his autobiography, he admits he spent high school stoned and indifferent. So how did he get the high grades required for admission to top schools?

Someone has a theory: he posed as a foreign student from Kenya. Foreign students are given special treatment, including much lower admission requirements. That's done to promote diversity. There are documents related to publicizing his books that describe him as a student from Kenya. That fueled the birther thing. The birth announcements in Hawaii newspapers are convincing evidence he was born in Hawaii, but he could have advantageously posed as a Kenyan.

This is all speculation and completely unproved. But why else the great pains to conceal every detail of his college history? Maybe just poor grades? But he graduated with high honors, so that can't be it. Maybe radical writing? But then why conceal absolutely everything, rather than just the thesis?

Other ideas?
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2012 11:52:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/8/2012 11:48:09 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
We know what Romney is hiding in not revealing his tax returns. He is avoiding Democrats demanding that he explain and justify every line of hundreds of pages of returns. We know there is nothing illegal, because high paid public accountants prepared the returns, and the IRS audits them.

President Obama has gone to great effort to conceal every detail of his college years: admissions, grades, thesis, SAT scores, ... nothing is revealed. So what is he hiding? In his autobiography, he admits he spent high school stoned and indifferent. So how did he get the high grades required for admission to top schools?

Someone has a theory: he posed as a foreign student from Kenya. Foreign students are given special treatment, including much lower admission requirements. That's done to promote diversity. There are documents related to publicizing his books that describe him as a student from Kenya. That fueled the birther thing. The birth announcements in Hawaii newspapers are convincing evidence he was born in Hawaii, but he could have advantageously posed as a Kenyan.

This is all speculation and completely unproved. But why else the great pains to conceal every detail of his college history? Maybe just poor grades? But he graduated with high honors, so that can't be it. Maybe radical writing? But then why conceal absolutely everything, rather than just the thesis?

Other ideas?

I don't know, but everyone single person on either side that complains about 'disclosure' should band together to make a single, all-encompassing disclosure requirement for any presidential candidate.

But that's not as fun as calling out the other side.
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
NixonianVolkswagen
Posts: 481
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 12:04:50 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
We've already had Obama's witchhunts, based upon his religion, place of birth, political history and even loyalty to the United States of America. It's Romney's turn to divulge something that America cares about - or else to have some backbone and publicly chide Donald Trump, etc., for their actions in the relevant past.
"There is an almost universal tendency, perhaps an inborn tendency, to suspect the good faith of a man who holds opinions that differ from our own opinions."

- Karl "Spartacus" Popper
Contra
Posts: 3,941
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 12:05:13 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Being stoned in high school is one thing. Engaging in assault is another.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
JamesMadison
Posts: 381
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 12:47:12 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
In my opinion, the reason Obama doesn't release these things is that it would expose his radicalism. Based on what he has done as Senator and President, we know he is a man of the hard left.

But, based on all relevant information, he was even more than that in college, a real marxist. I don't think he has privately abandoned this, but he has adopted a gradualistic approach by merely becoming a guy of the mainstream left... the far left of the mainstream. It would ruin his career if we found he was a radical in college.

I think Romney should push this. They can both agree to release. We'll find out that Romney paid a low tax rate and maybe even held some assets in foreign countries and we'll also find out that Obama is a radical I think that is a win for Romney.
As a general rule, you'll find that, when a conservative is talking about policy, history, economics, or something serious, liberals are nowhere to be found. But, as soon as a conservative mentions Obama's birthplace or personal life, liberals are everywhere, only to dissappear again when evidence enters the discussion.
RoyLatham
Posts: 4,488
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 1:11:57 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
America does not care about Romney's tax returns. Only Democrats looking for diversions from Obama's records care. It's certainly fair to ask for them. It's a political question as to whether to respond. My point is that we know why they are requested and why romney doesn't immediately reveal them.

The birther deal never gained traction with anyone other than Donald Trump. Once the newspaper announcements were revealed, everyone fro Anne Coulter to Rush Limbaugh pronounced it a non-issue. Obama deliberately kept it alive to milk it.

So why not answer the question rather than deflect? Why is Obama's college career a bigger secret than the military secrets that got bin Laden?

Extreme radicalism is a reasonable guess.
NixonianVolkswagen
Posts: 481
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 1:53:58 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/9/2012 1:11:57 AM, RoyLatham wrote:
America does not care about Romney's tax returns. Only Democrats looking for diversions from Obama's records care. It's certainly fair to ask for them. It's a political question as to whether to respond. My point is that we know why they are requested and why romney doesn't immediately reveal them.

The birther deal never gained traction with anyone other than Donald Trump. Once the newspaper announcements were revealed, everyone fro Anne Coulter to Rush Limbaugh pronounced it a non-issue. Obama deliberately kept it alive to milk it.

So why not answer the question rather than deflect? Why is Obama's college career a bigger secret than the military secrets that got bin Laden?

Extreme radicalism is a reasonable guess.

According to a joint Gallup poll, a majority think he should release his returns (54%), including Independents (53%). Now, how strongly they feel he should is a separate question.

You seem to preclude the possibility that Donald Trump, being rich and famous, could, with his coterie in line, keep something alive. I'm not saying Obama isn't trying to get his spin out there though, I appreciate that.

Maybe he took part in an orgy? Who knows. If a mere sexual orientation can prevent someone from having a political career in certain regions, the net is pretty wide. At the level of Presidential politics, it could be that he dated two girls at once - which would be a Clinton-reminiscent embarrassment.
"There is an almost universal tendency, perhaps an inborn tendency, to suspect the good faith of a man who holds opinions that differ from our own opinions."

- Karl "Spartacus" Popper
HelterSkelter
Posts: 281
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 6:43:43 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I don't think it's that important. Who cares about his transcripts? He graduated Summa Cum Laude. I'm sure his transcript was filled with As.
MrBrooks
Posts: 831
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 7:14:00 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/9/2012 6:43:43 AM, HelterSkelter wrote:
I don't think it's that important. Who cares about his transcripts? He graduated Summa Cum Laude. I'm sure his transcript was filled with As.

*I don't think it's that important. Who cares about his transcripts? He paid his taxes in 2011 and 2010. I'm sure his tax transcripts aren't shady in the least bit.
NixonianVolkswagen
Posts: 481
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 7:42:35 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/9/2012 7:14:00 AM, MrBrooks wrote:
At 8/9/2012 6:43:43 AM, HelterSkelter wrote:
I don't think it's that important. Who cares about his transcripts? He graduated Summa Cum Laude. I'm sure his transcript was filled with As.

*I don't think it's that important. Who cares about his transcripts? He paid his taxes in 2011 and 2010. I'm sure his tax transcripts aren't shady in the least bit.

If only Romney had a history of making massively gratuitous gestures to stifle his critics, like releasing his birth details, to fall back on.
"There is an almost universal tendency, perhaps an inborn tendency, to suspect the good faith of a man who holds opinions that differ from our own opinions."

- Karl "Spartacus" Popper
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 7:55:00 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/8/2012 11:48:09 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
We know what Romney is hiding in not revealing his tax returns. He is avoiding Democrats demanding that he explain and justify every line of hundreds of pages of returns. We know there is nothing illegal, because high paid public accountants prepared the returns, and the IRS audits them.

President Obama has gone to great effort to conceal every detail of his college years: admissions, grades, thesis, SAT scores, ... nothing is revealed. So what is he hiding? In his autobiography, he admits he spent high school stoned and indifferent. So how did he get the high grades required for admission to top schools?

Someone has a theory: he posed as a foreign student from Kenya. Foreign students are given special treatment, including much lower admission requirements. That's done to promote diversity. There are documents related to publicizing his books that describe him as a student from Kenya. That fueled the birther thing. The birth announcements in Hawaii newspapers are convincing evidence he was born in Hawaii, but he could have advantageously posed as a Kenyan.

This is all speculation and completely unproved. But why else the great pains to conceal every detail of his college history? Maybe just poor grades? But he graduated with high honors, so that can't be it. Maybe radical writing? But then why conceal absolutely everything, rather than just the thesis?

Other ideas?

I think that anything demanded of one party, should be demanded of both parties. So, if Romney wants Obama to bust out his college transcripts, he should do so first.

But, what I think is more important, is that this is completely irrelevant and frivolous.
HelterSkelter
Posts: 281
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 8:02:53 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/9/2012 7:14:00 AM, MrBrooks wrote:
At 8/9/2012 6:43:43 AM, HelterSkelter wrote:
I don't think it's that important. Who cares about his transcripts? He graduated Summa Cum Laude. I'm sure his transcript was filled with As.

*I don't think it's that important. Who cares about his transcripts? He paid his taxes in 2011 and 2010. I'm sure his tax transcripts aren't shady in the least bit.

If he wasn't paying his taxes earlier than that, then it shows that he doesn't have a commitment to our country and shouldn't be president. Obama's grades have nothing to do with this.
RoyLatham
Posts: 4,488
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 8:57:12 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/9/2012 7:55:00 AM, Ren wrote:
I think that anything demanded of one party, should be demanded of both parties. So, if Romney wants Obama to bust out his college transcripts, he should do so first.

But, what I think is more important, is that this is completely irrelevant and frivolous.

Sounds fair that everything be released. So far, Romney has not asked anything of Obama, but Obama is demanding Romney's tax records. Anything asked of Obama is irrelevant and frivolous, whereas anything asked of Romney is a serious matter demanded by the American people.

Note that leftists challenged McCain's citizenship. McCain was born in the Canal Zone. Of course, the press didn't characterize the entire left as being nuts for making the demand.

The poll that showed a majority wanting tax records released also showed only 44% thought it relevant. There was no poll question about releasing college records. I wonder how many know Romney is running for President?

Obama did not graduate with honors from Columbia, his undergraduate school, so maybe he is covering up poor grades. But then how did he get into Harvard with poor grades?

John Kerry went to great pains to conceal his Navy records when he was running against Bush. The records finally came out after the election. The records included an IQ test score that showed his IQ was a point or two lower than Bush. Of course, great effort had been made during the campaign to portray Bush as stupid and Kerry as a brilliant intellectual.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 9:11:32 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/8/2012 11:48:09 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
We know what Romney is hiding in not revealing his tax returns. He is avoiding Democrats demanding that he explain and justify every line of hundreds of pages of returns. We know there is nothing illegal, because high paid public accountants prepared the returns, and the IRS audits them.

President Obama has gone to great effort to conceal every detail of his college years: admissions, grades, thesis, SAT scores, ... nothing is revealed. So what is he hiding? In his autobiography, he admits he spent high school stoned and indifferent. So how did he get the high grades required for admission to top schools?

Someone has a theory: he posed as a foreign student from Kenya. Foreign students are given special treatment, including much lower admission requirements. That's done to promote diversity. There are documents related to publicizing his books that describe him as a student from Kenya. That fueled the birther thing. The birth announcements in Hawaii newspapers are convincing evidence he was born in Hawaii, but he could have advantageously posed as a Kenyan.

This is all speculation and completely unproved. But why else the great pains to conceal every detail of his college history? Maybe just poor grades? But he graduated with high honors, so that can't be it. Maybe radical writing? But then why conceal absolutely everything, rather than just the thesis?

Other ideas?:

I'm sure he's hiding his radical, Marxist ideology that was probably worse during his college years.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 9:19:13 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/8/2012 11:48:09 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
We know what Romney is hiding in not revealing his tax returns. He is avoiding Democrats demanding that he explain and justify every line of hundreds of pages of returns. We know there is nothing illegal, because high paid public accountants prepared the returns, and the IRS audits them.

President Obama has gone to great effort to conceal every detail of his college years: admissions, grades, thesis, SAT scores, ... nothing is revealed. So what is he hiding? In his autobiography, he admits he spent high school stoned and indifferent. So how did he get the high grades required for admission to top schools?

Someone has a theory: he posed as a foreign student from Kenya. Foreign students are given special treatment, including much lower admission requirements. That's done to promote diversity. There are documents related to publicizing his books that describe him as a student from Kenya. That fueled the birther thing. The birth announcements in Hawaii newspapers are convincing evidence he was born in Hawaii, but he could have advantageously posed as a Kenyan.

This is all speculation and completely unproved. But why else the great pains to conceal every detail of his college history? Maybe just poor grades? But he graduated with high honors, so that can't be it. Maybe radical writing? But then why conceal absolutely everything, rather than just the thesis?

Other ideas?

The Fool: I cant tell if this is a joke. who cares if he smoked Crack. And worshiped the Devil. What matters is how he runs the country.. Just the question, assumes irrational reasoning. But you are joking right?
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 9:21:41 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
The Fool: From Canadian perspective you guys are freaking me out. Its makes Democracy sound like its based from evil intentions. WTF is going on?
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
MrBrooks
Posts: 831
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 9:24:35 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/9/2012 8:02:53 AM, HelterSkelter wrote:
At 8/9/2012 7:14:00 AM, MrBrooks wrote:
At 8/9/2012 6:43:43 AM, HelterSkelter wrote:
I don't think it's that important. Who cares about his transcripts? He graduated Summa Cum Laude. I'm sure his transcript was filled with As.

*I don't think it's that important. Who cares about his transcripts? He paid his taxes in 2011 and 2010. I'm sure his tax transcripts aren't shady in the least bit.

If he wasn't paying his taxes earlier than that, then it shows that he doesn't have a commitment to our country and shouldn't be president. Obama's grades have nothing to do with this.

You blindly trust Obama based on knowledge that he put out there, but not Romney? Not only are you a pretend conservative, but you're also a hypocrit. I personally would mind seeing both Romney's tax returns and Obama's college record, but I'm not going to base my vote off the fact that these two individuals don't want to release them. For one thing I can understand why both don't want to, and the reasoning is that it'll open a can of worms for pundits and political opponents to pick at and blow way out of proportion.

Man, if you think this election is negative now, just wait until the Obama and Romney transcripts are released.

Obama: You took a tax credit for X, that means you don't support Y!

Romney: You took class X, that means you're a socialist!
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 9:29:51 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
The Fool: But he already surved a term. Therefore what logical connection would anything in the pass have NEW affect anything. Honestly, there is nothing SANE about this thread. Trust what, WTF are you guys talking about. Do you think he has a special attack on US this time round. HOLY SH!T you guys Fvcking Crazy.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
HelterSkelter
Posts: 281
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 9:34:13 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/9/2012 9:24:35 AM, MrBrooks wrote:
At 8/9/2012 8:02:53 AM, HelterSkelter wrote:
At 8/9/2012 7:14:00 AM, MrBrooks wrote:
At 8/9/2012 6:43:43 AM, HelterSkelter wrote:
I don't think it's that important. Who cares about his transcripts? He graduated Summa Cum Laude. I'm sure his transcript was filled with As.

*I don't think it's that important. Who cares about his transcripts? He paid his taxes in 2011 and 2010. I'm sure his tax transcripts aren't shady in the least bit.

If he wasn't paying his taxes earlier than that, then it shows that he doesn't have a commitment to our country and shouldn't be president. Obama's grades have nothing to do with this.

You blindly trust Obama based on knowledge that he put out there, but not Romney? Not only are you a pretend conservative
Just because I am not the same type of conservative as you does not mean I am not a conservative. The Founding Fathers were not libertarians.
but you're also a hypocrit.
It's properly spelled "hypocrite" and I've already explained the difference between the two documents.
I personally would mind seeing both Romney's tax returns and Obama's college record, but I'm not going to base my vote off the fact that these two individuals don't want to release them.
I'm not basing my vote off of this either, although it does contribute to the sense of character that I have about these two individuals (which is ultimately what I am voting on).
For one thing I can understand why both don't want to, and the reasoning is that it'll open a can of worms for pundits and political opponents to pick at and blow way out of proportion.

So what? Let's see his tax returns.
Man, if you think this election is negative now, just wait until the Obama and Romney transcripts are released.

Obama: You took a tax credit for X, that means you don't support Y!

Romney: You took class X, that means you're a socialist!

I don't have a problem with negative campaign. All of the information about character needs to be present.
HelterSkelter
Posts: 281
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 9:36:41 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
How about this: why don't you guys show me a list of socialist classes at any college. I don't even think there is a such thing as a "socialist class". There might be classes that teach about socialism (probably one or two in the entire school), but that doesn't mean that 1. People who take them are socialists (maybe they're capitalist and they don't want to spend their lives strawmanning socialism or maybe they're just interested in learning) and 2. That the class is aimed at indoctrinating people to make them socialists.
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 11:29:39 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/9/2012 8:57:12 AM, RoyLatham wrote:
At 8/9/2012 7:55:00 AM, Ren wrote:
I think that anything demanded of one party, should be demanded of both parties. So, if Romney wants Obama to bust out his college transcripts, he should do so first.

But, what I think is more important, is that this is completely irrelevant and frivolous.

Sounds fair that everything be released.

What's "everything?" Are you averring that mudslinging should evolve to completely eradicate any president's right to privacy? Are you suggesting that a President's personal effects are more important than his or her qualifications or performance?

So far, Romney has not asked anything of Obama, but Obama is demanding Romney's tax records.

Well, yeah, because that's relevant to both Romney's platform as well as how he is inclined to approach economic policymaking. Neither of their transcripts are relevant to any political dialectic.

Anything asked of Obama is irrelevant and frivolous, whereas anything asked of Romney is a serious matter demanded by the American people.

Is that what you've arbitrarily concluded? I think this post holds a great deal more merit:

At 8/9/2012 12:04:50 AM, NixonianVolkswagen wrote:
We've already had Obama's witchhunts, based upon his religion, place of birth, political history and even loyalty to the United States of America. It's Romney's turn to divulge something that America cares about - or else to have some backbone and publicly chide Donald Trump, etc., for their actions in the relevant past.

Note that leftists challenged McCain's citizenship. McCain was born in the Canal Zone. Of course, the press didn't characterize the entire left as being nuts for making the demand.

Wow, you're really going to be this misleading?

When McCain's citizenship was called into question, it was by bloggers:

"Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., and his advisers are doing their best to brush aside questions — raised in the liberal blogosphere — about whether he is qualified under the Constitution to be president. "

And, it was a good question, too, because he was literally born outside of the U.S.:

"Sen. McCain is undoubtedly a citizen. He was born on Aug. 29, 1936, in the Panama Canal Zone, and Congress has specifically provided that anyone born there of U.S. parents, as he was, is a citizen. Indeed, the general rule is that anyone born of U.S. parents outside the United States is a citizen...Besides, many legal scholars say the Canal Zone never was sovereign U.S. territory. In a February 1978 speech to the nation on the Panama Canal Treaty, heavily vetted by government lawyers, President Carter said, "We have never had sovereignty over it. We have only had the right to use it. The US Supreme Court and previous American presidents have repeatedly acknowledged the sovereignty of Panama over the Canal Zone.""

On the other hand, political opponents literally tried to sue Barack Obama, but the case was rejected by the supreme court:

"Without comment, the justices rejected an appeal from three political opponents who claim Obama is ineligible to serve as commander in chief."

Obama, on the other hand, was born on U.S. territory.

So, yes. The attacks against Obama were outrageous, whereas those questions raised about Sen. McCain were not.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com...

http://content.usatoday.com...

The poll that showed a majority wanting tax records released also showed only 44% thought it relevant. There was no poll question about releasing college records. I wonder how many know Romney is running for President?

That's interesting... are you suggesting that those who took the poll were more interested in general controversy than they are politics, domestic economics, or the legality of Romney's finances?

Obama did not graduate with honors from Columbia, his undergraduate school, so maybe he is covering up poor grades. But then how did he get into Harvard with poor grades?

How did he get into Colombia with poor grades?

John Kerry went to great pains to conceal his Navy records when he was running against Bush. The records finally came out after the election. The records included an IQ test score that showed his IQ was a point or two lower than Bush. Of course, great effort had been made during the campaign to portray Bush as stupid and Kerry as a brilliant intellectual.

I don't understand the relevance of this at all.
thett3
Posts: 14,371
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 11:40:47 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/9/2012 9:36:41 AM, HelterSkelter wrote:
How about this: why don't you guys show me a list of socialist classes at any college. I don't even think there is a such thing as a "socialist class". There might be classes that teach about socialism (probably one or two in the entire school), but that doesn't mean that 1. People who take them are socialists (maybe they're capitalist and they don't want to spend their lives strawmanning socialism or maybe they're just interested in learning) and 2. That the class is aimed at indoctrinating people to make them socialists.

*facepalm*
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Frederick53
Posts: 1,037
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 11:51:35 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
You know what, maybe Obama is hiding something. Personally I don't like him much more than Romney. In fact, Obama's foreign policy (that is his actual actions, not his diplomatic speeches) has been EXTREMELY right wing. Anyone who denies that probably hasn't heard about his drone strike related measures, not to mention that we're still just as involved in hegemonic overreaching as we were 4 years ago. You guys are trying so hard to hate Obama, and he's trying so hard to hate you conservatives, but when it comes to foreign policy you guys are on the level with him.

But who wants to acknowledge that when you could just go on despising him, right?
In 1975, the Second Vietnam War began -1Historygenius

Like no wonder that indian dude rejected you.- Darkkermit to royalpaladin

Social Darwinism is a justification- 1Historygenius

Equal opportunity exists, so there is no problem- EvanK
HelterSkelter
Posts: 281
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 11:54:19 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/9/2012 11:40:47 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 8/9/2012 9:36:41 AM, HelterSkelter wrote:
How about this: why don't you guys show me a list of socialist classes at any college. I don't even think there is a such thing as a "socialist class". There might be classes that teach about socialism (probably one or two in the entire school), but that doesn't mean that 1. People who take them are socialists (maybe they're capitalist and they don't want to spend their lives strawmanning socialism or maybe they're just interested in learning) and 2. That the class is aimed at indoctrinating people to make them socialists.

*facepalm*
I'm not sure I understand. People claim that he won't show his transcript because it will reveal that he is a socialist. I am attacking that idea. Why does that merit a facepalm?
thett3
Posts: 14,371
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 11:57:50 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/9/2012 11:51:35 AM, Frederick53 wrote:
You know what, maybe Obama is hiding something. Personally I don't like him much more than Romney. In fact, Obama's foreign policy (that is his actual actions, not his diplomatic speeches) has been EXTREMELY right wing. Anyone who denies that probably hasn't heard about his drone strike related measures, not to mention that we're still just as involved in hegemonic overreaching as we were 4 years ago. You guys are trying so hard to hate Obama, and he's trying so hard to hate you conservatives, but when it comes to foreign policy you guys are on the level with him.

But who wants to acknowledge that when you could just go on despising him, right?

You do realize that foreign policy is nowhere near the top issue for this election....right? Who cares if Obama's foreign policy is neo-con? You're basically saying they would do the same thing, so we need to look to other issues like the economy, where I will despise Obama. Like it or not, I live in this country and my future is being stifled by his ridiculous spending.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
thett3
Posts: 14,371
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 11:59:31 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/9/2012 11:54:19 AM, HelterSkelter wrote:
At 8/9/2012 11:40:47 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 8/9/2012 9:36:41 AM, HelterSkelter wrote:
How about this: why don't you guys show me a list of socialist classes at any college. I don't even think there is a such thing as a "socialist class". There might be classes that teach about socialism (probably one or two in the entire school), but that doesn't mean that 1. People who take them are socialists (maybe they're capitalist and they don't want to spend their lives strawmanning socialism or maybe they're just interested in learning) and 2. That the class is aimed at indoctrinating people to make them socialists.

*facepalm*
I'm not sure I understand. People claim that he won't show his transcript because it will reveal that he is a socialist. I am attacking that idea. Why does that merit a facepalm?

Oh is that so? My bad then. I just saw you arguing that academia doesn't have a socialist bias and thought "lolwut" and posted. Obama learning from socialist professors is irrelevant I agree
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Frederick53
Posts: 1,037
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 12:02:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/9/2012 11:57:50 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 8/9/2012 11:51:35 AM, Frederick53 wrote:
You know what, maybe Obama is hiding something. Personally I don't like him much more than Romney. In fact, Obama's foreign policy (that is his actual actions, not his diplomatic speeches) has been EXTREMELY right wing. Anyone who denies that probably hasn't heard about his drone strike related measures, not to mention that we're still just as involved in hegemonic overreaching as we were 4 years ago. You guys are trying so hard to hate Obama, and he's trying so hard to hate you conservatives, but when it comes to foreign policy you guys are on the level with him.

But who wants to acknowledge that when you could just go on despising him, right?

You do realize that foreign policy is nowhere near the top issue for this election....right? Who cares if Obama's foreign policy is neo-con? You're basically saying they would do the same thing, so we need to look to other issues like the economy, where I will despise Obama. Like it or not, I live in this country and my future is being stifled by his ridiculous spending.

Yeah, I guess I'm alone on caring more about foreign policy than domestic (but that is for a good reason- I believe that a bad foreign policy will not only waste our tax dollars but also cause future terrorist attacks) But the thing is, I see people all the time say that Obama's foreign policy is 'too soft' or 'leftist'. People who say that are obviously just clamoring for extra reasons to hate him, even if they already have plenty of economic reasons.
In 1975, the Second Vietnam War began -1Historygenius

Like no wonder that indian dude rejected you.- Darkkermit to royalpaladin

Social Darwinism is a justification- 1Historygenius

Equal opportunity exists, so there is no problem- EvanK
Frederick53
Posts: 1,037
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 12:04:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/9/2012 11:59:31 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 8/9/2012 11:54:19 AM, HelterSkelter wrote:
At 8/9/2012 11:40:47 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 8/9/2012 9:36:41 AM, HelterSkelter wrote:
How about this: why don't you guys show me a list of socialist classes at any college. I don't even think there is a such thing as a "socialist class". There might be classes that teach about socialism (probably one or two in the entire school), but that doesn't mean that 1. People who take them are socialists (maybe they're capitalist and they don't want to spend their lives strawmanning socialism or maybe they're just interested in learning) and 2. That the class is aimed at indoctrinating people to make them socialists.

*facepalm*
I'm not sure I understand. People claim that he won't show his transcript because it will reveal that he is a socialist. I am attacking that idea. Why does that merit a facepalm?

Oh is that so? My bad then. I just saw you arguing that academia doesn't have a socialist bias and thought "lolwut" and posted. Obama learning from socialist professors is irrelevant I agree

It has a extremely socially progressive bias (that even sickens me at times), but not an economic one. Kind of like CNN, except CNN has a war mongering bias to challenge Fox News as well.
In 1975, the Second Vietnam War began -1Historygenius

Like no wonder that indian dude rejected you.- Darkkermit to royalpaladin

Social Darwinism is a justification- 1Historygenius

Equal opportunity exists, so there is no problem- EvanK
thett3
Posts: 14,371
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 12:04:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/9/2012 12:02:01 PM, Frederick53 wrote:
At 8/9/2012 11:57:50 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 8/9/2012 11:51:35 AM, Frederick53 wrote:
You know what, maybe Obama is hiding something. Personally I don't like him much more than Romney. In fact, Obama's foreign policy (that is his actual actions, not his diplomatic speeches) has been EXTREMELY right wing. Anyone who denies that probably hasn't heard about his drone strike related measures, not to mention that we're still just as involved in hegemonic overreaching as we were 4 years ago. You guys are trying so hard to hate Obama, and he's trying so hard to hate you conservatives, but when it comes to foreign policy you guys are on the level with him.

But who wants to acknowledge that when you could just go on despising him, right?

You do realize that foreign policy is nowhere near the top issue for this election....right? Who cares if Obama's foreign policy is neo-con? You're basically saying they would do the same thing, so we need to look to other issues like the economy, where I will despise Obama. Like it or not, I live in this country and my future is being stifled by his ridiculous spending.

Yeah, I guess I'm alone on caring more about foreign policy than domestic (but that is for a good reason- I believe that a bad foreign policy will not only waste our tax dollars but also cause future terrorist attacks) But the thing is, I see people all the time say that Obama's foreign policy is 'too soft' or 'leftist'. People who say that are obviously just clamoring for extra reasons to hate him, even if they already have plenty of economic reasons.

Yeah, you're right. And the people that get pissed at him for bowing to the Saudi king like ok. Him not bowing would be like him coming into my house, and refusing to shake my fathers hand.

On a side note, it is scary that the issue of interventionism isnt even up for debate. The only issue is when, how, or why.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right