Jump to topic:

It wasn't me

twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 7:08:06 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I recently did a debate where I argued that God was moral. When my opponent brought up seemingly "evil" things by God, like the 10th plague and Amelekite genocide, I tried to argue that they did not happen. I said that God did not do them. It seems often theists believe that God did these things and say things like "if you create life, you have the right to kill life". However, I don't think any reasonable person can think this, or believe a good God committed these acts. Are there any good arguments for God not doing the 10th plague or ordering Amelekite genocide?
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 7:09:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/9/2012 7:08:06 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
I recently did a debate where I argued that God was moral. When my opponent brought up seemingly "evil" things by God, like the 10th plague and Amelekite genocide, I tried to argue that they did not happen. I said that God did not do them. It seems often theists believe that God did these things and say things like "if you create life, you have the right to kill life". However, I don't think any reasonable person can think this, or believe a good God committed these acts. Are there any good arguments for God not doing the 10th plague or ordering Amelekite genocide?

Religion section
-------------->
that way
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"