Jump to topic:

The subtle genius of the Obama Campaign

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 9:55:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Romney is an anagram for "R" "Money"...."morrre money". Coincidence? I think not. This candidate is the unholy invention of corporate and political greed, with absolutely no interests beyond his own. How such a disconnected character can ever be considered to hold our country's highest office is nothing short of baffling.

Democrats, Republicans, media, and almost all of the electorate seem to believe this. Despite some not being persuaded by it,...they still believe it. Romney does not represent the middle class, and is absolutely disconnected. The psychological damage of this argument is pure genius. As we get closer to the election, it will become more and more persistent. The beauty of it is,...it's incontestable. Lets face it, candidates win on money and character, hardly on message. Where the funding doesn't have an overwhelming difference, the character will be the defining quality. As such, Obama should win (not jinxing).
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 9:58:15 PM
Are you suggesting that Obama picked his opponent based on his name? Because if Obama could have chosen his opponent, he really should have stuck with Mr. 9-9-9.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 10:03:51 PM
At 8/9/2012 9:58:15 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Are you suggesting that Obama picked his opponent based on his name? Because if Obama could have chosen his opponent, he really should have stuck with Mr. 9-9-9.

GTFO, Hermain Cain is badass.

/endtrolling
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 11:26:52 PM
So let me get this straight. You are against anybody attacking Obama for anything other than political reasons but attacking Romney for him being a successful wealthy man is O.K? Man, you cannot think of the amount of adjectives that I have in my head to describe you right now.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 11:33:50 PM
At 8/9/2012 11:26:52 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
So let me get this straight. You are against anybody attacking Obama for anything other than political reasons but attacking Romney for him being a successful wealthy man is O.K? Man, you cannot think of the amount of adjectives that I have in my head to describe you right now.

I said that Mitt Romney was disconnected with the American people, and was only motivated by greed.

How does that compare to calling Obama a communist, Kenyan, unAmerican, lying person with an ugly wife?

Get a grip, I haven't even begun to insult Shmitt Romney.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 11:36:43 PM
At 8/9/2012 11:33:50 PM, 000ike wrote:

I said that Mitt Romney was disconnected with the American people, and was only motivated by greed.

I wasnt aware that you were an authority on Romney's desires /:

You know that he had to leave the business world to pursue politics, right?

How does that compare to calling Obama a communist, Kenyan, unAmerican, lying person with an ugly wife?

Romney is a boss, idk what you're talking about. I would chill with him
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 11:36:50 PM

Because none of them have anything to do with politics or policy making. Some of the richest men were some of the most successful presidents (Washington). Wealth is an arbitrary distinction in determining whether somebody would "connect" with the middle class. You don't need "connection," you need a firm understanding of economics, which Romney has.

Also, I would encourage it that everybody was motivated by greed. We are naturally selfish, after all.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 11:39:57 PM
At 8/9/2012 11:36:43 PM, thett3 wrote:

Greed is the undying pursuit of power...whether in the form of money or direct political gain. He wants to be president for the sake of saying "yes I was president of the United States", not because he actually cares about anything or anyone. MAYBE he might care about corporations, but that's on a maximizing money and limiting human responsibility kind of playing field.

Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 11:41:26 PM
At 8/9/2012 11:39:57 PM, 000ike wrote:

Greed is the undying pursuit of power...whether in the form of money or direct political gain. He wants to be president for the sake of saying "yes I was president of the United States", not because he actually cares about anything or anyone. MAYBE he might care about corporations, but that's on a maximizing money and limiting human responsibility kind of playing field.

You seem to have a lot of insight into a man whom you surely have never met nor conversed with.

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 11:42:20 PM
At 8/9/2012 11:39:57 PM, 000ike wrote:

Again, I didn't know you were an authority on how Romney felt.

Like ike you should know I respect you a lot, but your argument is basically "Mitt Romneys wants to be president because he wants to be president". It just doesnt make sense. He's pursuing power along with every other politician...

DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right