Jump to topic:

You, Harry Reid, are terrible.

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 2:21:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Stewart calls out Harry Reid on being a total diick, by suggesting that Mitts father would be ashamed of him. It's hilarious

http://www.hulu.com...
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 2:42:33 PM
At 8/10/2012 2:21:00 PM, thett3 wrote:
Stewart calls out Harry Reid on being a total diick, by suggesting that Mitts father would be ashamed of him. It's hilarious

When John Stewart calls out the democratic senate majority leader... that's a pretty good indication that Reid overstepped the line. I do have a hypothesis as to why Reid is behaving in this way though. I think that in his mind, he realizes that if Romney gets elected, his career in the senate will end in a Republican administration. The man is getting old, and wants to preserve his legacy, but in the effort of doing so he is disgracing himself and his party. (I wonder when/if Pelosi will chime in on this.)
Tsar of DDO
Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 2:46:01 PM
At 8/10/2012 2:21:00 PM, thett3 wrote:

LOL! Thanks for the belly laugh. Anyway,Reid is terrible!
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 3:01:15 PM
What's wrong with saying that his father would be ashamed of him? ...and while we're on the topic. Why was it wrong for Hilary Rosen to say that Ann Romney hasn't worked a day in her life? ...she hasn't.

It's funny how Democrats distanced themselves from Rosen's comment without hesitation,...whereas republicans have say far more disgusting comments, like calling Sandra Fluke a slut,...and the GOP candidate for the highest office in the land has no better response than "that's not the language I would have used".
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 3:15:10 PM
At 8/10/2012 3:01:15 PM, 000ike wrote:
What's wrong with saying that his father would be ashamed of him?

It's classless, unbecoming and therefore pathetic. He is the senate majority leader. This sort of nonsense should be below him.
Tsar of DDO
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 3:15:33 PM
What's wrong with saying that his father would be ashamed of him? ...and while we're on the topic. Why was it wrong for Hilary Rosen to say that Ann Romney hasn't worked a day in her life? ...she hasn't.

Depends how you define work. Raising 3 (?) children by yourself classifies as work to me and pretty much everybody else.

It's funny how Democrats distanced themselves from Rosen's comment without hesitation,...whereas republicans have say far more disgusting comments, like calling Sandra Fluke a slut,...and the GOP candidate for the highest office in the land has no better response than "that's not the language I would have used".

The logic for Limbaugh calling Fluke a slut does make perfect sense, although his word choice was a bit unfortunate.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 3:16:00 PM
You, Thett, are terrible. Hulu doesn't work in Canada.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 3:17:57 PM
At 8/10/2012 3:16:00 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
You, Thett, are terrible. Hulu doesn't work in Canada.

Go on the daily show website... Hulu didn't work for me either.
Tsar of DDO
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 3:19:34 PM

Who the f*ck is Harry Reid to say something like that? Would you like it if someone said that your dead father would be ashamed of you, especially some guy who didnt even know him? Reid should be ashamed for what he said, and you should be ashamed for defending it.

...and while we're on the topic. Why was it wrong for Hilary Rosen to say that Ann Romney hasn't worked a day in her life? ...she hasn't.

Lol, a stay at home mom would vehemently disagree with that. Raising 5 kids is a lot of work. She needs to stfu about what she doesnt understand.

It's funny how Democrats distanced themselves from Rosen's comment without hesitation,...whereas republicans have say far more disgusting comments, like calling Sandra Fluke a slut,

Maybe because she wants the taxpayers/insurance companies to pay for her to be able to have sex. Besides, thats completely irrelevant.

...and the GOP candidate for the highest office in the land has no better response than "that's not the language I would have used".

Maybe because they're against being forced to pay for someone elses sexual habits. Buy your own fcking birth control pills
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 3:30:46 PM
http://www.thedailyshow.com...
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 3:36:58 PM
I keep watching this. It's hilarious.

Best quote: "And who the f*ck are you Harry Reid to even suggest that I'm not proud of my son lets see how you like it when I go poltergeist on your *ss"
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 3:41:28 PM
At 8/10/2012 3:36:58 PM, thett3 wrote:
I keep watching this. It's hilarious.

Best quote: "And who the f*ck are you Harry Reid to even suggest that I'm not proud of my son lets see how you like it when I go poltergeist on your *ss"

John Stewart callin' it like he sees it. Fkn hilarious, indeed.
Tsar of DDO
Apollo.11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 4:08:35 PM
At 8/10/2012 3:32:45 PM, MrBrooks wrote:
Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi: paragons of the Democratic Party.

In the same way that Rush Limbaugh, Rick Santorum, and Michele Bachman are paragons of the Republican Party.
Sapere Aude!
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 4:17:54 PM
At 8/10/2012 4:08:35 PM, Apollo.11 wrote:

In the same way that Rush Limbaugh, Rick Santorum, and Michele Bachman are paragons of the Republican Party.

Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi are the heads of the democratic branch of Congress. Limbaugh is a talk show host. Santorum is a former senator who was never in charge, and Bachman is a single representative. Come on man, can't you just admit that Harry Reid is a d1ck?
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

MrBrooks
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 4:22:20 PM
At 8/10/2012 4:17:54 PM, thett3 wrote:

Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi are the heads of the democratic branch of Congress.

^

These are the leaders the Democrats picked to represent their party, so it is only logical to assume that they are the image that the Democratic Party wants to project to the American public.
MrBrooks
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 4:22:34 PM

^
Apollo.11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 4:26:02 PM

Michele Bachman and Rick Santorum where both at one point leading candidates in the Republican party for the presidency.
Limbaugh is a talk show host.
Who gets more listenership every week and has more followers than Harry Reid ever has.
Santorum is a former senator who was never in charge, and Bachman is a single representative. Come on man, can't you just admit that Harry Reid is a d1ck?
He probably is. I don't know. I don't follow him at all. This was kind of a low blow, but that politics. It was nowhere near anything some of the right-wingers have said about Obama.
Sapere Aude!
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 4:30:55 PM
At 8/10/2012 4:26:02 PM, Apollo.11 wrote:

Michele Bachman and Rick Santorum where both at one point leading candidates in the Republican party for the presidency.

So what? They still ended up losing in an extremely weak field. They don't represent the republican party as Pelosi and Reid do the democratic one.

Who gets more listenership every week and has more followers than Harry Reid ever has.

zzz...you're missing the point. People listen to his show, ok...that doesnt make him the voice of the republican party.

Santorum is a former senator who was never in charge, and Bachman is a single representative. Come on man, can't you just admit that Harry Reid is a d1ck?
He probably is. I don't know. I don't follow him at all. This was kind of a low blow, but that politics. It was nowhere near anything some of the right-wingers have said about Obama.

You're right, it was worse. Saying he wasnt born he might be stupid, but it isnt insulting and outright cruel like Reids attack was. Ever lost a loved one, Apollo? If you have, you would probably want to punch me in the face for daring to suggest that they would be ashamed of you, and rightfully so.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 4:31:44 PM

It's funny how Democrats distanced themselves from Rosen's comment without hesitation,...whereas republicans have say far more disgusting comments, like calling Sandra Fluke a slut,...and the GOP candidate for the highest office in the land has no better response than "that's not the language I would have used".:

Reverse roles, and then you'll figure it out, Ikey.

Hypocrisy is your single greatest failure... your father must be ashamed of you.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
MrBrooks
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 4:31:50 PM

Backman won a straw poll, Santorum never had any real chance of winning the nomination.

Brad Pitt is a Democrat and more people hear and see him than Harry Reid, so he must be the heart and soul of the Democratic Party, eh?
Apollo.11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 4:35:24 PM
At 8/10/2012 4:30:55 PM, thett3 wrote:

So what? They still ended up losing in an extremely weak field. They don't represent the republican party as Pelosi and Reid do the democratic one.
Ideologically, Harry Reid probably does represent democrats pretty well. Does that mean, by default, all democrats agree with everything he says?

zzz...you're missing the point. People listen to his show, ok...that doesnt make him the voice of the republican party.
Not THE voice, a voice of conservatism.

You're right, it was worse. Saying he wasnt born he might be stupid, but it isnt insulting and outright cruel like Reids attack was. Ever lost a loved one, Apollo?
3 days ago, in fact.
If you have, you would probably want to punch me in the face for daring to suggest that they would be ashamed of you, and rightfully so.
Not really, they haven't know my name for at least six years. I think it was insensitive and wrong, but to insinuate that it was representative of democrats is absurd.
Whereas, with Republicans, 30%+ of them believe he is muslim, un-american, wants terrorism to win, was born in kenya, is the antichrist.
Sapere Aude!
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 4:38:50 PM
At 8/10/2012 4:35:24 PM, Apollo.11 wrote:
At 8/10/2012 4:30:55 PM, thett3 wrote:

Ideologically, Harry Reid probably does represent democrats pretty well. Does that mean, by default, all democrats agree with everything he says?

No, it just means that he's the man they choose to lead their senate delegation.

Not THE voice, a voice of conservatism.

You're right, it was worse. Saying he wasnt born he might be stupid, but it isnt insulting and outright cruel like Reids attack was. Ever lost a loved one, Apollo?
3 days ago, in fact.

I'm sorry...didnt mean to use something like that against you, i had no idea
If you have, you would probably want to punch me in the face for daring to suggest that they would be ashamed of you, and rightfully so.
Not really, they haven't know my name for at least six years. I think it was insensitive and wrong, but to insinuate that it was representative of democrats is absurd.

The man represents the democratic party...

Whereas, with Republicans, 30%+ of them believe he is muslim, un-american, wants terrorism to win, was born in kenya, is the antichrist.

Stats please. I'm sure some believe he's a muslim, or un american, but who the hell cares? That's nothing compared to what Reid did
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

JamesMadison
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 4:39:10 PM

Um, right. It is totally appropriate for the senate majority leader to claim that the presidential candidate of the opposing party's father would not be proud of his son.

I mean seriously, that is a disgusting blow. It is really, really wrong. And, to say otherwise, makes me wonder about somebody's own morals.

And, Ann Romney has worked a day in her life... Unless you don't consider raising 5 boys working.

Lol, that's probably because Limbaugh was basically right about Fluke.
As a general rule, you'll find that, when a conservative is talking about policy, history, economics, or something serious, liberals are nowhere to be found. But, as soon as a conservative mentions Obama's birthplace or personal life, liberals are everywhere, only to dissappear again when evidence enters the discussion.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 4:42:54 PM
At 8/10/2012 3:19:34 PM, thett3 wrote:

Who the f*ck is Harry Reid to say something like that? Would you like it if someone said that your dead father would be ashamed of you, especially some guy who didnt even know him? Reid should be ashamed for what he said, and you should be ashamed for defending it.

No. I wouldn't care. But if I was running for president, and wanted to exploit the situation and suck some sympathy out of it for political leverage,....yeah, I'd act offended.

...and while we're on the topic. Why was it wrong for Hilary Rosen to say that Ann Romney hasn't worked a day in her life? ...she hasn't.

Lol, a stay at home mom would vehemently disagree with that. Raising 5 kids is a lot of work. She needs to stfu about what she doesnt understand.

Give me a freakin break. Rosen did not say "she does not work hard". She said "she hasn't worked". This was a nod to organized labor, whom the Romney's don't seem to have sympathy for. You turn the comment on its head and make it about stay-at-home moms vs. working moms, and suddenly the Right-wing machine has something to whine about.

It's funny how Democrats distanced themselves from Rosen's comment without hesitation,...whereas republicans have say far more disgusting comments, like calling Sandra Fluke a slut,

Maybe because she wants the taxpayers/insurance companies to pay for her to be able to have sex. Besides, thats completely irrelevant.

Maybe Romney's dad would be ashamed because he's a tax evading flip flopper just in search of power. It's a perfectly valid comment then.

...and the GOP candidate for the highest office in the land has no better response than "that's not the language I would have used".

Maybe because they're against being forced to pay for someone elses sexual habits. Buy your own fcking birth control pills

No, she's asking for it to be covered under her health care plan because it's expensive and an essential medical need. And in any case, your comment in no way vindicates Limbaugh calling her a slut,...and Romney not distancing himself from it.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 4:46:47 PM
At 8/10/2012 4:39:10 PM, JamesMadison wrote:

Um, right. It is totally appropriate for the senate majority leader to claim that the presidential candidate of the opposing party's father would not be proud of his son.

I mean seriously, that is a disgusting blow. It is really, really wrong. And, to say otherwise, makes me wonder about somebody's own morals.

And, Ann Romney has worked a day in her life... Unless you don't consider raising 5 boys working.

What kind of brazon nonsense is this?

The opening "ice breaker" to a tea party convention read:
""A black kid asks his mom, ‘Mama, what's a democracy?'

"‘Well, son, that be when white folks work every day so us po' folks can get all our benefits.'

"‘But mama, don't the white folk get mad about that?'

"‘They sho do, son. They sho do. And that's called racism.'"

and then calling Sandra Fluke a slut on national radio

That stuff's not offensive, but of course mention Romney's father being disappointed or Ann Romney not working (WHICH SHE DOESN'T), is some how cause to raise all hell. I swear, sometimes you people make me sick
Apollo.11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 4:49:30 PM
@thett. How does the fact that he was chosen by congressman (not the people) to be leader make his every action and statement representative of democrats? Do you honestly believe that the majority of democrats would pick Pelosi or Reid as their first choice were it left up to them?

And,
http://www.livescience.com...
Sapere Aude!
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 4:49:49 PM
At 8/10/2012 4:42:54 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 8/10/2012 3:19:34 PM, thett3 wrote:

No. I wouldn't care. But if I was running for president, and wanted to exploit the situation and suck some sympathy out of it for political leverage,....yeah, I'd act offended.

Well, I cant say if you'd care or not, but I know I would be greatly offended. It's a disgusting thing to say.

Give me a freakin break. Rosen did not say "she does not work hard". She said "she hasn't worked". This was a nod to organized labor, whom the Romney's don't seem to have sympathy for. You turn the comment on its head and make it about stay-at-home moms vs. working moms, and suddenly the Right-wing machine has something to whine about.

You're the one who said she hasnt worked a day in her life. Raising kids is work. You were wrong.

Maybe Romney's dad would be ashamed because he's a tax evading flip flopper just in search of power. It's a perfectly valid comment then.

You have literally no proof that he evaded taxes, and to say that someone would be ashamed is much more complex than saying someone is a slut. A slut is an adjective. The fact that she wants someone else to pay for her sexual habits is almost as disturbing as the fact that she actually got a congressional hearing.

No, she's asking for it to be covered under her health care plan because it's expensive and an essential medical need.

Lol? Use a fcking condom. Moreover, sex is not essential.

She's entitled only to what her and her employer contractually agreed to.

And in any case, your comment in no way vindicates Limbaugh calling her a slut,...and Romney not distancing himself from it.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 4:52:13 PM
At 8/10/2012 4:49:30 PM, Apollo.11 wrote:
@thett. How does the fact that he was chosen by congressman (not the people) to be leader make his every action and statement representative of democrats? Do you honestly believe that the majority of democrats would pick Pelosi or Reid as their first choice were it left up to them?

The democratic party congressional delegation is not composed of the people who vote democrat. It's composed of those voted in. So yes, Reid and Pelosi represent democratic congressmen.

And,
http://www.livescience.com...

Cool, now name any prominent politician (who should be above such nonsense) that said that
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 4:53:58 PM
At 8/10/2012 4:46:47 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 8/10/2012 4:39:10 PM, JamesMadison wrote:

What kind of brazon nonsense is this?

The opening "ice breaker" to a tea party convention read:
""A black kid asks his mom, ‘Mama, what's a democracy?'

"‘Well, son, that be when white folks work every day so us po' folks can get all our benefits.'

"‘But mama, don't the white folk get mad about that?'

"‘They sho do, son. They sho do. And that's called racism.'"

and then calling Sandra Fluke a slut on national radio

Maybe because both of those are statements of fact, where as it's unknowable what Romney's dad would think, making it a cheap and pathetic tactic.

That stuff's not offensive, but of course mention Romney's father being disappointed or Ann Romney not working (WHICH SHE DOESN'T),

Raising children is work, you should try it sometime

is some how cause to raise all hell. I swear, sometimes you people make me sick
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett