Sometimes, in the Politics Forum...

JamesMadison
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 7:24:10 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Lol, I feel the same way.
As a general rule, you'll find that, when a conservative is talking about policy, history, economics, or something serious, liberals are nowhere to be found. But, as soon as a conservative mentions Obama's birthplace or personal life, liberals are everywhere, only to dissappear again when evidence enters the discussion.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 7:27:50 PM
At 8/10/2012 7:24:10 PM, JamesMadison wrote:

No you don't. Conservative/Libertarian majority. In fact, you were aiding in the "surrounding" earlier today in our argument over Harry Reids comment. -__-
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
MrBrooks
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 7:30:35 PM
At 8/10/2012 7:27:50 PM, 000ike wrote:

No you don't. Conservative/Libertarian majority. In fact, you were aiding in the "surrounding" earlier today in our argument over Harry Reids comment. -__-

You said something very stupid; a libertarian would get the same treatment if he said something equally stupid.
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 7:34:17 PM

Face
+
Palm
=
Face-Palm

It's not about 'surrounding'. It's about 'idiots'.

WHIFF(guess that sound)
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 7:35:38 PM
At 8/10/2012 7:30:35 PM, MrBrooks wrote:

You said something very stupid; a libertarian would get the same treatment if he said something equally stupid.

Yeah, like if a conservative/libertarian claimed that corporate taxes are paid on gross revenues... that would be a stupid thing.

Or if someone said that EITC is only available to joint couples if they both work... that would be a stupid thing.

Stupid doesn't belong to a party. Anybody can be stupid. Some just are more often than not.
JamesMadison
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 7:36:53 PM

You say conservative and libertarian as if they are simply different words for the same thing.

I am a conservative Republican, and I do not feel like I am in a majority. Anyways, it wasn't the cons who were making a full out of themselves in the Harry Reid forum.
As a general rule, you'll find that, when a conservative is talking about policy, history, economics, or something serious, liberals are nowhere to be found. But, as soon as a conservative mentions Obama's birthplace or personal life, liberals are everywhere, only to dissappear again when evidence enters the discussion.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 7:37:07 PM
At 8/10/2012 7:34:17 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:

Face
+
Palm
=
Face-Palm

WHIFF(guess that sound)

Oh okay, no need to be a douche about it
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 7:38:11 PM
At 8/10/2012 7:37:07 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 8/10/2012 7:34:17 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:

Face
+
Palm
=
Face-Palm

WHIFF(guess that sound)

Oh okay, no need to be a douche about it

Sorry, sometimes I enjoy being a douche. Especially when idiots get me riled up. :D

*not talking about you, talking about the idiot who got me riled up*
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 7:45:32 PM
I had a strange feeling that he would say that, even though I haven't seen that video in probably 5 years.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 7:47:50 PM
At 8/10/2012 7:45:32 PM, Contra wrote:
I had a strange feeling that he would say that, even though I haven't seen that video in probably 5 years.

I've only seen it... well, off and on... some 20 or 30 times in the last year. :)
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 9:10:37 PM
At 8/10/2012 7:20:10 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
I feel like this.

That feeling that you are having, it is called "arrogance" which is often linked to "ignorance" (often willful ignorance).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 9:27:50 PM
At 8/10/2012 9:10:37 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 8/10/2012 7:20:10 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
I feel like this.

That feeling that you are having, it is called "arrogance" which is often linked to "ignorance" (often willful ignorance).

Yes, totally Ore

When I look at the SEC filing for Exxon Mobile, and see that they paid over 30% in US taxes, and someone else comes along and says 'nu-uh!', I am being arrogant based off of ignorance.

Seriously, you have picked issues with my claims several times, until I substantiated them at which point you just never responded again.

If I'm arrogant, it's because I do research before I post, and I have primary sources(instead of HuffPost) to back up my claims.

Just like I'm being arrogant with you about Obama and the deficit.

When he provides his first budget(after promising to cut deficits), which calls for $2.5 trillion in increased spending, and a reduction in revenues, I'm going to ignorantly assume that I'm right.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 9:28:54 PM
That happened at my school. I was debating conceal carry, and cited multiple academic papers... The room looked at me and one of them said "use a credible source like the huffington post"

And the teacher just kinda died...

...my brain melted that day
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 9:30:50 PM
At 8/10/2012 9:28:54 PM, 16kadams wrote:
That happened at my school. I was debating conceal carry, and cited multiple academic papers... The room looked at me and one of them said "use a credible source like the huffington post"

Lol.

I had a discussion about GE's taxes on another forum. This guy posted the link to the NYTimes articles(which was retracted later, by the NYTimes). I then posted the link to the SEC 10K, which showed their tax allowance. He said 'That's garbage, only a CPA could make sense of that(I posted the page and line number for the figure), I'll just stick to what the NYTimes says".
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 9:34:50 PM
At 8/10/2012 9:30:50 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:

Lol.

I had a discussion about GE's taxes on another forum. This guy posted the link to the NYTimes articles(which was retracted later, by the NYTimes). I then posted the link to the SEC 10K, which showed their tax allowance. He said 'That's garbage, only a CPA could make sense of that(I posted the page and line number for the figure), I'll just stick to what the NYTimes says".

And in science class when I dare challenge man made global warming my teacher was like "al gore says..."

I then cited the NIPCC reports, and she said it was less credible then gore... And my class agreed... Idiots
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 9:45:08 PM
At 8/10/2012 9:34:50 PM, 16kadams wrote:

Lol.

And in science class when I dare challenge man made global warming my teacher was like "al gore says..."

I then cited the NIPCC reports, and she said it was less credible then gore... And my class agreed... Idiots

Quit it you two. You are making me further lose my faith in humanity.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 9:47:24 PM

Lol.

When do you plan to bring this circle jerk to a close?
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Apollo.11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 9:49:13 PM

Lol.

Oh you're that kid...
When I hear blatant political bullish*t (I live in Texas so it happens a lot), I keep the fvck quiet.

Idiots won't listen to fact because they only care about being right. All you'll accomplish is pissing them off.
Sapere Aude!
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 9:49:32 PM
At 8/10/2012 9:47:24 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

Lol.

LmfaooOoooOoOoo http://i1.kym-cdn.com...
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 9:49:41 PM

Lol.

You're a circle!

...jerk
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 9:50:29 PM
At 8/10/2012 9:49:13 PM, Apollo.11 wrote:

Lol.

Oh you're that kid...
When I hear blatant political bullish*t (I live in Texas so it happens a lot), I keep the fvck quiet.

Idiots won't listen to fact because they only care about being right. All you'll accomplish is pissing them off.

Yeah, you're one to talk...
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 9:51:16 PM
At 8/10/2012 9:49:32 PM, Ren wrote:

Lol.

LmfaooOoooOoOoo http://i1.kym-cdn.com...

REN!

My favorite EvaderDebater!
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 9:53:11 PM
I know that the circle jerk comment was supposed to be clever, however, it honestly sums up how I feel sometimes in Politics.

Like, honestly 16k: all you're doing is basically sitting around talking about how smart you are and how dumb your classmates/teachers are by citing events which may or may not be made up.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 9:54:55 PM
At 8/10/2012 9:53:11 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
I know that the circle jerk comment was supposed to be clever, however, it honestly sums up how I feel sometimes in Politics.

Like, honestly 16k: all you're doing is basically sitting around talking about how smart you are and how dumb your classmates/teachers are by citing events which may or may not be made up.

LOloL http://cdn.memegenerator.net...
MrBrooks
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 9:56:06 PM

Discussion in this forum are always one of two things;

1) Circle jerks.
2) Long arguments that go on for 20+ pages and devolve into semantics.

Honestly once you see people talking about actual IRS forms you know something has gone terribly wrong.
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 9:58:16 PM
At 8/10/2012 9:56:06 PM, MrBrooks wrote:

Discussion in this forum are always one of two things;

1) Circle jerks.
2) Long arguments that go on for 20+ pages and devolve into semantics.

Honestly once you see people talking about actual IRS forms you know something has gone terribly wrong.

http://t.qkme.me...