Total Posts:14|Showing Posts:1-14
Jump to topic:

Undecided now

Microsuck
Posts: 1,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 5:46:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I am now undecided as to whom I should endorse and vote for as President. I do not like neither Obama nor Romney and I LOVE Gary Johnson. However, I would much rather have Romney than Obama.

Now, I would vote for Johnson if Romney picked someone like Pawlenty or Palin; but I trust Ryan much more than Obama and some of the other choices. I am seriously thinking about endorsing him.

Whom should I vote for and why?
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
Microsuck
Posts: 1,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 5:49:06 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/11/2012 5:47:59 PM, MrBrooks wrote:
Vote for Johnson, because Maryland isn't a swing state.

True, but still...I feel like I'm giving a bigger edge for Obama.
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
MrBrooks
Posts: 831
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 5:51:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/11/2012 5:49:06 PM, Microsuck wrote:
At 8/11/2012 5:47:59 PM, MrBrooks wrote:
Vote for Johnson, because Maryland isn't a swing state.

True, but still...I feel like I'm giving a bigger edge for Obama.

Maryland is a winner take all state, so you aren't really going to accomplish anything by voting for Romney. All the Libertarian Party needs is 10-15% of the popular vote to gain some credibility, and every vote in non-swing states will count toward that at least.
LaissezFaire
Posts: 2,050
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 5:53:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
You should stay home on election day (or go out and do something more fun than voting). Even if the vote in your state will be close, it won't be so close that it's decided by 1 vote, so your vote won't make a difference in the outcome.
Should we subsidize education?
http://www.debate.org...

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
Microsuck
Posts: 1,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 5:54:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/11/2012 5:51:54 PM, MrBrooks wrote:
At 8/11/2012 5:49:06 PM, Microsuck wrote:
At 8/11/2012 5:47:59 PM, MrBrooks wrote:
Vote for Johnson, because Maryland isn't a swing state.

True, but still...I feel like I'm giving a bigger edge for Obama.

Maryland is a winner take all state, so you aren't really going to accomplish anything by voting for Romney. All the Libertarian Party needs is 10-15% of the popular vote to gain some credibility, and every vote in non-swing states will count toward that at least.

True though. Obama, according to Gallup, has about 55% approval rating in MD -- which is enough to secure the electoral votes.
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
Ron-Paul
Posts: 2,557
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 5:57:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/11/2012 5:56:50 PM, MrBrooks wrote:
I can't help but wonder if Ron Paul had something to do with this pick.

What do you mean?
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,212
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 5:59:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
You shouldn't vote because you think it will make a difference.

You should always vote with anger in your soul, otherwise stay home.
MrBrooks
Posts: 831
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 6:02:10 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/11/2012 5:57:45 PM, Ron-Paul wrote:
At 8/11/2012 5:56:50 PM, MrBrooks wrote:
I can't help but wonder if Ron Paul had something to do with this pick.

What do you mean?

What I mean is, maybe Ron Paul pressured Romney into picking a Libertarian Republican.
Ron-Paul
Posts: 2,557
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 6:03:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/11/2012 6:02:10 PM, MrBrooks wrote:
At 8/11/2012 5:57:45 PM, Ron-Paul wrote:
At 8/11/2012 5:56:50 PM, MrBrooks wrote:
I can't help but wonder if Ron Paul had something to do with this pick.

What do you mean?

What I mean is, maybe Ron Paul pressured Romney into picking a Libertarian Republican.

Good point. Ron Paul has had a lasting effect.
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 6:06:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Johnson, unequivocally.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus