Jacking it for Kony!

MrBrooks
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 6:22:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
http://www.nbcsandiego.com...

Oh my god, I haven't laughed this hard in years. The co-founder of Invisible Children was caught jacking off and vandalizing cars (I assume he was doing it with his tally-wacker,) while apparently high.
LaissezFaire
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 6:23:53 PM
lol, did you just hear about this? It happened 5 months ago.
Should we subsidize education?
http://www.debate.org...

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
MrBrooks
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 6:25:31 PM
At 8/11/2012 6:23:53 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:
lol, did you just hear about this? It happened 5 months ago.

Yes, but it is still funny.
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 6:32:13 PM
I thought this thread was about jacking off to satisfy the sexual desires of Kony.

I am very disappointed.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
MrBrooks
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 6:33:47 PM
At 8/11/2012 6:32:13 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
I thought this thread was about jacking off to satisfy the sexual desires of Kony.

I am very disappointed.

In the movie business they call that the hook.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 9:06:42 PM
dude..... late
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
MrBrooks
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 10:19:45 PM
At 8/11/2012 10:18:31 PM, Koopin wrote:
Oh MY GOODNESS GUYS! Abraham Lincoln was SHOT!!!!one!!!11!!!oneone!!!

I'm laughing my balls off right now.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 10:25:50 PM
At 8/11/2012 10:19:45 PM, MrBrooks wrote:

I'm laughing my balls off right now.

+1
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 11:27:39 PM

Not Lincoln!!

Noooooo!

I hope reconstruction will still go smoothly...

too soon?
Debate.org Moderator
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 12:47:39 AM

While I am generally against quoting any particularly interesting, insightful, or comical post and adding nothing more of value or substance than just a "+1" or some other statement to indicate my level or enjoyment and satisfaction. I do find that this individual one was of exquisite comical material. So much in fact that I have decided to sit down and rethink my previous rules of being anti "+1."

So I sat here in front of my computer and mulled over my past reasoning for the above personal policy. I do find that most cases of the "+1" do little to nothing to further discourse or intellectual pursuit, for any party involved and usually just work to re-affirm a position without challenge to test its strength in the field of logic and fact. It quite frequently results in having a lower quality discussion with an abhorrent inflation of post counts. What is the reason of inflating one's post count if one gets nothing out of it? Why go to the effort, even if it is only so small to be just a "+1," which only takes a few seconds? It does not help the person you are doing that too, since it does not make their argument any stronger or more logical. It only adds a sense of popularity, which can deride into a false sense of correctness. But anyone here should surely be able to point out that this is nothing more than an appeal to popularity, a classic logical fallacy. This in turn, actually weakens the side.

But I started looking more at this particular example, this one that is trying to drive me to say the same thing, even against my self-determine moral code. Why is it that I want to do this for this post?

It occurred to me that this post was not something I was trying to say "yeah, you're right! Go tell that other side who's boss!" but merely that I received a serious level of entertainment from the post. So on that, it is entirely and completely different from the examples that I used in my past reasonings to be against the "+1." But what good does it do me to say it? What value is there in it for me? This would require some additional thinking and drinking (not necessarily in that order).

I realized that even though it doesn't add anything to the discussion or any value to the post, it does, in fact, let the author know that I found his work to be of such humorous enjoyment that I wish for him to be aware of my enjoyment. This will let him know that his work is appreciated and that he should continue with it, so that we may receive future enjoyment from future quips.

With that said, I set out on a quest in my mind to determine how my policy of the "+1" should be altered. Should I do away with it altogether? Or simply modify it in a way to distinguish between the different cases? Would that lead to a horrendous slippery slope with countless different steps in an infinite algorithm? It was painstaking to logically go over the various possibilities. But I did reach a conclusion that satisfied my person.

I realized that this post is likely a fluke. And I cannot change based on a single isolated event, just like gun laws can't and shouldn't change based on single acts, but based on logic and statistics. Anything else would be illogical and poor personal moral practices.

So I shall not say "+1" to this post. However, I do want to let the poster know that I did quite thoroughly enjoy it and I am even still laughing now towards the end of this post. I do hope with all my heart that they continue their comical way, and should more of these occur, to where they show a trend, rather than an isolated incident, I may be able to logically and justly revise my policy of the "+1."
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 12:52:29 AM
At 8/12/2012 12:51:10 AM, Koopin wrote:
That touched my soul Ore_Ele.

You're not gonna press charges are you?
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 12:56:09 AM
At 8/12/2012 12:52:29 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:

I'm afraid I have no other choice.
kfc
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 1:03:23 AM
hey guiz

guiz hey

hey guiz thiz iz rully kool

guiz thare iz thiz plase

thiz plase is kool

GUIZ

thiz plase

thiz place cald debatt.urg

jus herd it

iz rully kool

shud go

thot i tell ya
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Add Post
Forum Moderator

8/12/2012 1:27:34 AM
At 8/12/2012 12:56:09 AM, Koopin wrote:
At 8/12/2012 12:52:29 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:

I'm afraid I have no other choice.

The member known as Ore_Ele is currently under investigation for sexual assault against the soul of Koopin. Due to the nature of the charges, the member Ore_Ele has been banned to ensure the safety of all other souls here.

This administration takes sexual assault a little seriously and this member got the unlucky roll of the dice. Should any other members be considering sexually assaulting someone's soul, they should be aware that we take action on most accusations. So they'll have to ask themselves one question. "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punks?!
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 1:31:12 AM
At 8/12/2012 1:27:34 AM, Forum Moderator wrote:

The member known as Ore_Ele is currently under investigation for sexual assault against the soul of Koopin. Due to the nature of the charges, the member Ore_Ele has been banned to ensure the safety of all other souls here.

This administration takes sexual assault a little seriously and this member got the unlucky roll of the dice. Should any other members be considering sexually assaulting someone's soul, they should be aware that we take action on most accusations. So they'll have to ask themselves one question. "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punks?!

I am finaly free of him! He can no longer hurt me!

HE HAS NO POWER OVER ME!
kfc
Add Post
Forum Moderator

8/12/2012 2:06:44 AM
At 8/12/2012 1:31:12 AM, Koopin wrote:

HE HAS NO POWER OVER ME!

Upon an in-depth investigation on the incident, it was discovered that Koopin's soul was wearing a skirt that reveal his ankles. Such suggestive clothing is a known invitation to sexual advances. Koopin's soul must take responsibility for what happened to it and acknowledge that it is his own fault. As a result, Ore_Ele has been found "not guilty" on all charges.

This administration holds the view that ignorance of turning people on does not excuse you from the invitation that you've sent out, and we hold firm to that.
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 2:10:55 AM
At 8/12/2012 2:06:44 AM, Forum Moderator wrote:

HE HAS NO POWER OVER ME!

Upon an in-depth investigation on the incident, it was discovered that Koopin's soul was wearing a skirt that reveal his ankles. Such suggestive clothing is a known invitation to sexual advances. Koopin's soul must take responsibility for what happened to it and acknowledge that it is his own fault. As a result, Ore_Ele has been found "not guilty" on all charges.

This administration holds the view that ignorance of turning people on does not excuse you from the invitation that you've sent out, and we hold firm to that.

Best.

Moderator.

Ever.
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 2:11:07 AM
At 8/12/2012 2:08:46 AM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
Koopin, that's what you get for being such a slut.

That's inaccurate, just his soul is a slut. :P
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 2:12:52 AM
I hereby decree that anybody who types with the letter 'e' is openly inviting sexuspirtual assaut upon their personoul.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 2:14:15 AM
At 8/12/2012 2:12:52 AM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
I hereby decree that anybody who types with the letter 'e' is openly inviting sexuspirtual assaut upon their personoul.

You just did! You got a purty mouth!
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 2:16:05 AM
At 8/12/2012 2:14:15 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:

I'm not an anybody, silly.

And my SOUL has a purty mouth, you pervert!

Kudos though, for avoiding the 'e'. Unfortunately, not using an 'e' in a post is an invitation for much worse things...
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 2:19:59 AM
At 8/12/2012 2:16:05 AM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 8/12/2012 2:14:15 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:

I'm not an anybody, silly.

And my SOUL has a purty mouth, you pervert!

Kudos though, for avoiding the 'e'. Unfortunately, not using an 'e' in a post is an invitation for much worse things...

Shhhhhh.... this won't hurt at all, for moi!
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 3:01:44 AM

HE HAS NO POWER OVER ME!

looooooool
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 7:43:13 PM
At 8/12/2012 2:10:55 AM, JaxsonRaine wrote:

HE HAS NO POWER OVER ME!

Best.

Moderator.

Ever.

^ agreed