Jump to topic:

Barack Obama, Economic Illiterate

JamesMadison
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 4:23:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Barack Obama has called for policies that go against everything that we know works in real world economies. This ranges from price and wage controls, large government spending programs in the name of "creating jobs", dramatically higher tax rates on capital, and even protectionism.

Furthermore, Mr. Obama has justified some of these policies by typical populist lines that are as incorrect as they are appealing to the lower rungs of society, the Democratic parts of society.

Examples of such rhetoric are blaming profits for rising prices in some industries, when in fact government intervention or other outside factors are to blame. On top of this, profit almost seems to be a dirty word with Obama.

Another example of illiteracy came when Obama blamed ATM's for higher unemployment, committing one of these most common economic fallacies of all time.

All in all, I am astounded that a man this uninformed on economics could be president. And, I am sure, with the selection Paul Ryan, we will be seeing plenty more illiteracy from Obama.
As a general rule, you'll find that, when a conservative is talking about policy, history, economics, or something serious, liberals are nowhere to be found. But, as soon as a conservative mentions Obama's birthplace or personal life, liberals are everywhere, only to dissappear again when evidence enters the discussion.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 7:30:21 PM
At 8/12/2012 4:23:21 PM, JamesMadison wrote:
Barack Obama has called for policies that go against everything that we know works in real world economies. This ranges from price and wage controls, large government spending programs in the name of "creating jobs", dramatically higher tax rates on capital, and even protectionism.

Furthermore, Mr. Obama has justified some of these policies by typical populist lines that are as incorrect as they are appealing to the lower rungs of society, the Democratic parts of society.

Examples of such rhetoric are blaming profits for rising prices in some industries, when in fact government intervention or other outside factors are to blame. On top of this, profit almost seems to be a dirty word with Obama.

Another example of illiteracy came when Obama blamed ATM's for higher unemployment, committing one of these most common economic fallacies of all time.

All in all, I am astounded that a man this uninformed on economics could be president. And, I am sure, with the selection Paul Ryan, we will be seeing plenty more illiteracy from Obama.

your posts are coated in so much conservative bias that its getting hard for people to take you seriously....
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Apollo.11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 7:31:26 PM
At 8/12/2012 7:30:21 PM, imabench wrote:

your posts are coated in so much conservative bias that its getting hard for people to take you seriously....
JT?
Sapere Aude!
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 7:36:35 PM
At 8/12/2012 7:31:26 PM, Apollo.11 wrote:

JT?

Sooner or later that could be the case
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

JamesMadison
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 7:48:36 PM

I am a conservative. Have no doubts about that.

So, these are my views. They are biased, as are everyone elses.

I'm not sure I see what you're trying to say here.
As a general rule, you'll find that, when a conservative is talking about policy, history, economics, or something serious, liberals are nowhere to be found. But, as soon as a conservative mentions Obama's birthplace or personal life, liberals are everywhere, only to dissappear again when evidence enters the discussion.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 8:48:12 PM
At 8/12/2012 7:48:36 PM, JamesMadison wrote:

I put it in bold.

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 8:52:19 PM

You are assuming "he believes" his economic policies are "Pro Capitalism" but doesn't understand how capitalism works or what makes it thrive. It could be he knows what he is doing and implementing anti-capitalist economic policies in order to end capitalism. I believe the later, I would never in a million years think he is stupid or does not understand what is bad for capitalism or what makes it work.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 8:54:16 PM
At 8/12/2012 8:48:12 PM, imabench wrote:

I put it in bold.

This doesn't apply. Madison clearly stated Obamas policies only work in theory but in practice either have no effect or negative effect, both at great costs.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 9:12:46 PM
At 8/12/2012 8:54:16 PM, 16kadams wrote:

I put it in bold.

This doesn't apply. Madison clearly stated Obamas policies only work in theory but in practice either have no effect or negative effect, both at great costs.

he states that but pours on so much conservative bias in this and all of his other posts that sooner or later the only people that will give a damn about what he thinks is himself and only those who agree with him. JamesMadison's obsession with Obama is almost comparable to Geo's obsession with conspiracies, they mean well but sooner or later are just going to look crazy

JamesMadison
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 9:30:58 PM
At 8/12/2012 9:12:46 PM, imabench wrote:

I put it in bold.

he states that but pours on so much conservative bias in this and all of his other posts that sooner or later the only people that will give a damn about what he thinks is himself and only those who agree with him. JamesMadison's obsession with Obama is almost comparable to Geo's obsession with conspiracies, they mean well but sooner or later are just going to look crazy

I'm not sure it is an obsession. I mean, I am a conservative, and he is our president.

So, it would make sense that a politically interested conservative or liberal would talk a lot about Barack Obama, especially in a reelection year.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 9:50:00 PM
At 8/12/2012 9:30:58 PM, JamesMadison wrote:

I put it in bold.

I'm not sure it is an obsession. I mean, I am a conservative, and he is our president.

So, it would make sense that a politically interested conservative or liberal would talk a lot about Barack Obama, especially in a reelection year.

im not protesting that and no one else is. Im just pointing out that the rage you put in your posts makes you look kinda crazy and sooner or later you may end up getting treated like a crazy person, and that is something no one deserves, including you

JamesMadison
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 10:19:55 PM
At 8/12/2012 9:50:00 PM, imabench wrote:
At 8/12/2012 9:30:58 PM, JamesMadison wrote:

I put it in bold.

im not protesting that and no one else is. Im just pointing out that the rage you put in your posts makes you look kinda crazy and sooner or later you may end up getting treated like a crazy person, and that is something no one deserves, including you

If that's true, I will try to tone it down. Perhaps it is.

But, I don't feel like this particular post was filled with rage, although the title was admittedly overprovacative.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 10:43:01 PM
Would that make Bush economically illiterate too? They put the same people in charge and keep the same monetary and basic fiscal policy.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
MrBrooks
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 10:44:12 PM
At 8/12/2012 10:43:01 PM, lewis20 wrote:
Would that make Bush economically illiterate too? They put the same people in charge and keep the same monetary and basic fiscal policy.

Look, nobody here is going to defend Bush.
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 10:45:28 PM

Yeppers
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
JamesMadison
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 10:46:15 PM

I'm not Bush was really much better. But, he isn't president anymore.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 10:47:27 PM
At 8/12/2012 10:44:12 PM, MrBrooks wrote:

A conservative in name only might.

JamesMadison
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 10:53:23 PM
At 8/12/2012 10:47:27 PM, lewis20 wrote:

A conservative in name only might.

CINO?
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 11:02:21 PM

Somebody might, but you're right, I should have pointed out that Romney and Ryan aren't going to change fiscal or monetary policy.

16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 11:10:29 PM

I put it in bold.

Any post would be biased. He states his opinions and thoroughly shows Obama has failed. Next time a liberal makes a post like this I will respond the same way you have, which is illogical. His opinions are biased, mine are as well. As are yours. But it does not make it incomprehensible. Instead of attacking the opinion, try a take at the argument. Discuss it with him. Its more enjoyable :)
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 11:40:01 PM
At 8/12/2012 11:10:29 PM, 16kadams wrote:

Any post would be biased. He states his opinions and thoroughly shows Obama has failed. Next time a liberal makes a post like this I will respond the same way you have, which is illogical. His opinions are biased, mine are as well. As are yours. But it does not make it incomprehensible. Instead of attacking the opinion, try a take at the argument. Discuss it with him. Its more enjoyable :)

1) Saying that anything JamesMadison posts would be biased isnt very nice
2) If someone whose facts comes from the sh*t that comes out of Sean Hannity's mouth thinks that im wrong about something...... It probably means that im RIGHT about something..... So if I am biased PLEASE let me know so that I can wear it as a badge of honor <3

JamesMadison
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 11:50:22 PM
At 8/12/2012 11:40:01 PM, imabench wrote:

2) If someone whose facts comes from the sh*t that comes out of Sean Hannity's mouth thinks that im wrong about something...... It probably means that im RIGHT about something..... So if I am biased PLEASE let me know so that I can wear it as a badge of honor <3

Lol, I'll admit that I am biased.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 11:53:37 PM

Not always. It's biassed, though not discredited.

He showed that:

It failed, he mainly used governmental figures to my recollection
Never worked before
Criticized Ryan, an economist, on economics.

Imabench, instead of dancing around this just say: "source?"
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 11:54:43 PM
At 8/12/2012 11:53:37 PM, 16kadams wrote:

He showed that:

Never worked before

im not saying hes wrong, im saying hes sounding biased 16k....

16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 11:59:11 PM
At 8/12/2012 11:54:43 PM, imabench wrote:
At 8/12/2012 11:53:37 PM, 16kadams wrote:

He showed that:

Never worked before

im not saying hes wrong, im saying hes sounding biased 16k....

Bias and incomprehensible.

Only one was correct.
NixonianVolkswagen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 8:04:48 AM
To be fair, if you look through the titles of the last two pages of threads, there're loads which are in-fact critiques of Obama, some reasonable, others not. Whilst simultaneously, liberals are periodically reminded how quick they are to heap attacks on Romney.

Leaving aside the particulars of this case for a moment, something was going to give eventually.
"There is an almost universal tendency, perhaps an inborn tendency, to suspect the good faith of a man who holds opinions that differ from our own opinions."

- Karl "Spartacus" Popper