Total Posts:42|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Paul Ryan GOP's Biggest Mistake *

inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 8:55:02 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
A Conservative White Male caller from Tennessee said it best this morning. How can Mitt Romney win this election when he should not have picked a person
who is the same color as he. The numbers do not add up, and the face of
America has changed. The majority of Mitt Romney's followers or crowds are
Caucasian American. Now there is nothing wrong with that technically speaking.
But politically it is a no brainer. Most of his loyals are Conservatives that are from
that demographic, mainly males. So the momentum has shifted back in Obamas
favor and the polls do more than just prove this to be so. It shows us that
this country does not feel comfortable with Romneys policies, especially
foreign. And Paul Ryan was just the worst mistake that this Republican Party
could have made. No females ? No Condi Rice, or Mark Rubio ?
You must be outta your freakin mind. The game is over and I have proof
that Obama will win this 2012 election. See site below. What do you think.

http://www.star-telegram.com...
imabench
Posts: 21,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 9:19:05 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
as much as I think Ryan has a good point, Inferno does point out that Romney's support comes almost entirely from white conservative males, and that Paul Ryan's selection as VP didnt add him anybody new.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Posts: 21,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 9:19:24 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/13/2012 9:19:05 AM, imabench wrote:
as much as I think Ryan was a good pick, Inferno does point out that Romney's support comes almost entirely from white conservative males, and that Paul Ryan's selection as VP didnt add him anybody new.

fixed it
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 9:26:12 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/13/2012 9:19:05 AM, imabench wrote:
as much as I think Ryan has a good point, Inferno does point out that Romney's support comes almost entirely from white conservative males, and that Paul Ryan's selection as VP didnt add him anybody new.

The odds are very much in President Obamas favor. I told everyone beforehand
that this election would be won through culture wars and race related propaganda.
We can talk economics, war, health care, etc. But the truth remains and that is that we are collectively emotional beings. We are more inclined to vote by what is
in our heart rather than logic.
It may appear that Romney is the better choice because of his resume or
business savviness and ideas. But the reality is that he may not do what it best for this country for personal reasons which includes the monetary gains for the rich
and big corporations. The circumstances are greater than technicality.
Obama will win.
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 9:31:14 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/13/2012 9:19:24 AM, imabench wrote:
At 8/13/2012 9:19:05 AM, imabench wrote:
as much as I think Ryan was a good pick, Inferno does point out that Romney's support comes almost entirely from white conservative males, and that Paul Ryan's selection as VP didnt add him anybody new.

fixed it

The conservatives weren't coming out in droves like he needed them too as obama wont get his new voter swarm like he did in '08. So the choice helps influence his base to actually vote, and so that he gets more energized supporters then before. Obama took that route, it worked fine last time. Though him being black and knowing how to speak also helped.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 9:38:18 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/13/2012 9:31:14 AM, 16kadams wrote:
At 8/13/2012 9:19:24 AM, imabench wrote:
At 8/13/2012 9:19:05 AM, imabench wrote:
as much as I think Ryan was a good pick, Inferno does point out that Romney's support comes almost entirely from white conservative males, and that Paul Ryan's selection as VP didnt add him anybody new.

fixed it

The conservatives weren't coming out in droves like he needed them too as obama wont get his new voter swarm like he did in '08. So the choice helps influence his base to actually vote, and so that he gets more energized supporters then before. Obama took that route, it worked fine last time. Though him being black and knowing how to speak also helped.

You underestimate the Liberal enthusiam. My friend, please do not be a fool.
Obama's strategy is working and that is because he knows how to influence
people and empower them. Mitt Romney does not.
It is going to take much more than logic to be this guy. Obama is good. =)
NixonianVolkswagen
Posts: 481
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 10:24:30 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I still totally agree with whoever suggested Condoleeza Rice for VP.

In any case, Romney's pick is an attempt to energize the Conservative base, which it may well do, but it has limitations vis-a-vis other demographics, as you rightly point out.
"There is an almost universal tendency, perhaps an inborn tendency, to suspect the good faith of a man who holds opinions that differ from our own opinions."

- Karl "Spartacus" Popper
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 10:39:37 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/13/2012 10:24:30 AM, NixonianVolkswagen wrote:
I still totally agree with whoever suggested Condoleeza Rice for VP.

In any case, Romney's pick is an attempt to energize the Conservative base, which it may well do, but it has limitations vis-a-vis other demographics, as you rightly point out.

Yes. It sounds quite simple, but reality trumps any and everything.
Mark Rubio and Condi Rice were not interested in going up against Obama
and his Liberal Machine. They can see Romneys weaknesses as he is not going to be able to capitalize on them.
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 10:45:09 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/13/2012 9:38:18 AM, inferno wrote:
At 8/13/2012 9:31:14 AM, 16kadams wrote:
At 8/13/2012 9:19:24 AM, imabench wrote:
At 8/13/2012 9:19:05 AM, imabench wrote:
as much as I think Ryan was a good pick, Inferno does point out that Romney's support comes almost entirely from white conservative males, and that Paul Ryan's selection as VP didnt add him anybody new.

fixed it

The conservatives weren't coming out in droves like he needed them too as obama wont get his new voter swarm like he did in '08. So the choice helps influence his base to actually vote, and so that he gets more energized supporters then before. Obama took that route, it worked fine last time. Though him being black and knowing how to speak also helped.

You underestimate the Liberal enthusiam. My friend, please do not be a fool.
Obama's strategy is working and that is because he knows how to influence
people and empower them. Mitt Romney does not.
It is going to take much more than logic to be this guy. Obama is good. =)

Republicans actually get bumped up in some polls as we have always been more motivated and organized. We usually (08 is the exception) come out in larger percentages then democrats. That's one of our benefits. Romney is trying to leech that out. Data shows we are more enthusiastic and, on balance, more organized in elections.
http://www.elephantwatcher.com...

Obama empowers people on welfare. Wahoo!!
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
NixonianVolkswagen
Posts: 481
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 10:48:11 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/13/2012 10:39:37 AM, inferno wrote:
At 8/13/2012 10:24:30 AM, NixonianVolkswagen wrote:
I still totally agree with whoever suggested Condoleeza Rice for VP.

In any case, Romney's pick is an attempt to energize the Conservative base, which it may well do, but it has limitations vis-a-vis other demographics, as you rightly point out.

Yes. It sounds quite simple, but reality trumps any and everything.
Mark Rubio and Condi Rice were not interested in going up against Obama
and his Liberal Machine. They can see Romneys weaknesses as he is not going to be able to capitalize on them.

I thought Condoleeza Rice was ruled out due to the presumption of a "Bush tarnish"? Was she actively disinterested?

I think that if they spin it right, Ryan might be able to augment Romney's economic credibility, but that picking him has forced them into embracing Obama's "vision for America vs. vision for America" argument: this empowers the gatekeepers of Conservatism, those who shape its creed, which includes a number who will accidentally turn off independent voters.
"There is an almost universal tendency, perhaps an inborn tendency, to suspect the good faith of a man who holds opinions that differ from our own opinions."

- Karl "Spartacus" Popper
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 10:53:54 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/13/2012 10:45:09 AM, 16kadams wrote:
At 8/13/2012 9:38:18 AM, inferno wrote:
At 8/13/2012 9:31:14 AM, 16kadams wrote:
At 8/13/2012 9:19:24 AM, imabench wrote:
At 8/13/2012 9:19:05 AM, imabench wrote:
as much as I think Ryan was a good pick, Inferno does point out that Romney's support comes almost entirely from white conservative males, and that Paul Ryan's selection as VP didnt add him anybody new.

fixed it

The conservatives weren't coming out in droves like he needed them too as obama wont get his new voter swarm like he did in '08. So the choice helps influence his base to actually vote, and so that he gets more energized supporters then before. Obama took that route, it worked fine last time. Though him being black and knowing how to speak also helped.

You underestimate the Liberal enthusiam. My friend, please do not be a fool.
Obama's strategy is working and that is because he knows how to influence
people and empower them. Mitt Romney does not.
It is going to take much more than logic to be this guy. Obama is good. =)

Republicans actually get bumped up in some polls as we have always been more motivated and organized. We usually (08 is the exception) come out in larger percentages then democrats. That's one of our benefits. Romney is trying to leech that out. Data shows we are more enthusiastic and, on balance, more organized in elections.
http://www.elephantwatcher.com...

Obama empowers people on welfare. Wahoo!!

False. Off record the enthusiam of the Democrats will be incredible after the
convention. Obamas lead will widen after the onslaught of attack ads are
launched from the Liberal Machine. Need I go on.
Trust me my friend. Its over.
Contra
Posts: 3,941
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 11:28:53 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/13/2012 10:45:09 AM, 16kadams wrote:
At 8/13/2012 9:38:18 AM, inferno wrote:
At 8/13/2012 9:31:14 AM, 16kadams wrote:
At 8/13/2012 9:19:24 AM, imabench wrote:
At 8/13/2012 9:19:05 AM, imabench wrote:
as much as I think Ryan was a good pick, Inferno does point out that Romney's support comes almost entirely from white conservative males, and that Paul Ryan's selection as VP didnt add him anybody new.

fixed it

The conservatives weren't coming out in droves like he needed them too as obama wont get his new voter swarm like he did in '08. So the choice helps influence his base to actually vote, and so that he gets more energized supporters then before. Obama took that route, it worked fine last time. Though him being black and knowing how to speak also helped.

You underestimate the Liberal enthusiam. My friend, please do not be a fool.
Obama's strategy is working and that is because he knows how to influence
people and empower them. Mitt Romney does not.
It is going to take much more than logic to be this guy. Obama is good. =)

Republicans actually get bumped up in some polls as we have always been more motivated and organized. We usually (08 is the exception) come out in larger percentages then democrats. That's one of our benefits. Romney is trying to leech that out. Data shows we are more enthusiastic and, on balance, more organized in elections.
http://www.elephantwatcher.com...

Obama empowers people on welfare. Wahoo!!

Lol. Romney's tax plan increases taxes on the middle class by about $2000 while cutting taxes on the rich by $250,000. It's simply bad economics that cannot work. Any benefit of additional wealth for the wealthy (used for private investment) is simply useless or minimally beneficial when the economy is weak and sales are poor.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 11:43:09 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/13/2012 11:28:53 AM, Contra wrote:
At 8/13/2012 10:45:09 AM, 16kadams wrote:
At 8/13/2012 9:38:18 AM, inferno wrote:
At 8/13/2012 9:31:14 AM, 16kadams wrote:
At 8/13/2012 9:19:24 AM, imabench wrote:
At 8/13/2012 9:19:05 AM, imabench wrote:
as much as I think Ryan was a good pick, Inferno does point out that Romney's support comes almost entirely from white conservative males, and that Paul Ryan's selection as VP didnt add him anybody new.

fixed it

The conservatives weren't coming out in droves like he needed them too as obama wont get his new voter swarm like he did in '08. So the choice helps influence his base to actually vote, and so that he gets more energized supporters then before. Obama took that route, it worked fine last time. Though him being black and knowing how to speak also helped.

You underestimate the Liberal enthusiam. My friend, please do not be a fool.
Obama's strategy is working and that is because he knows how to influence
people and empower them. Mitt Romney does not.
It is going to take much more than logic to be this guy. Obama is good. =)

Republicans actually get bumped up in some polls as we have always been more motivated and organized. We usually (08 is the exception) come out in larger percentages then democrats. That's one of our benefits. Romney is trying to leech that out. Data shows we are more enthusiastic and, on balance, more organized in elections.
http://www.elephantwatcher.com...

Obama empowers people on welfare. Wahoo!!

Lol. Romney's tax plan increases taxes on the middle class by about $2000 while cutting taxes on the rich by $250,000. It's simply bad economics that cannot work. Any benefit of additional wealth for the wealthy (used for private investment) is simply useless or minimally beneficial when the economy is weak and sales are poor.

Right, 'cause you know... Obamacare totally won't be a huge tax increase.

Also, statistics on the 2k please.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Contra
Posts: 3,941
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 11:51:28 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/13/2012 11:43:09 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 8/13/2012 11:28:53 AM, Contra wrote:
At 8/13/2012 10:45:09 AM, 16kadams wrote:
At 8/13/2012 9:38:18 AM, inferno wrote:
At 8/13/2012 9:31:14 AM, 16kadams wrote:
At 8/13/2012 9:19:24 AM, imabench wrote:
At 8/13/2012 9:19:05 AM, imabench wrote:
as much as I think Ryan was a good pick, Inferno does point out that Romney's support comes almost entirely from white conservative males, and that Paul Ryan's selection as VP didnt add him anybody new.

fixed it

The conservatives weren't coming out in droves like he needed them too as obama wont get his new voter swarm like he did in '08. So the choice helps influence his base to actually vote, and so that he gets more energized supporters then before. Obama took that route, it worked fine last time. Though him being black and knowing how to speak also helped.

You underestimate the Liberal enthusiam. My friend, please do not be a fool.
Obama's strategy is working and that is because he knows how to influence
people and empower them. Mitt Romney does not.
It is going to take much more than logic to be this guy. Obama is good. =)

Republicans actually get bumped up in some polls as we have always been more motivated and organized. We usually (08 is the exception) come out in larger percentages then democrats. That's one of our benefits. Romney is trying to leech that out. Data shows we are more enthusiastic and, on balance, more organized in elections.
http://www.elephantwatcher.com...

Obama empowers people on welfare. Wahoo!!

Lol. Romney's tax plan increases taxes on the middle class by about $2000 while cutting taxes on the rich by $250,000. It's simply bad economics that cannot work. Any benefit of additional wealth for the wealthy (used for private investment) is simply useless or minimally beneficial when the economy is weak and sales are poor.

Right, 'cause you know... Obamacare totally won't be a huge tax increase.

Also, statistics on the 2k please.

http://www.burntorangereport.com...

And I don't support Obamacare, the PPACA.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 12:15:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/13/2012 11:51:28 AM, Contra wrote:
At 8/13/2012 11:43:09 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 8/13/2012 11:28:53 AM, Contra wrote:
At 8/13/2012 10:45:09 AM, 16kadams wrote:
At 8/13/2012 9:38:18 AM, inferno wrote:
At 8/13/2012 9:31:14 AM, 16kadams wrote:
At 8/13/2012 9:19:24 AM, imabench wrote:
At 8/13/2012 9:19:05 AM, imabench wrote:
as much as I think Ryan was a good pick, Inferno does point out that Romney's support comes almost entirely from white conservative males, and that Paul Ryan's selection as VP didnt add him anybody new.

fixed it

The conservatives weren't coming out in droves like he needed them too as obama wont get his new voter swarm like he did in '08. So the choice helps influence his base to actually vote, and so that he gets more energized supporters then before. Obama took that route, it worked fine last time. Though him being black and knowing how to speak also helped.

You underestimate the Liberal enthusiam. My friend, please do not be a fool.
Obama's strategy is working and that is because he knows how to influence
people and empower them. Mitt Romney does not.
It is going to take much more than logic to be this guy. Obama is good. =)

Republicans actually get bumped up in some polls as we have always been more motivated and organized. We usually (08 is the exception) come out in larger percentages then democrats. That's one of our benefits. Romney is trying to leech that out. Data shows we are more enthusiastic and, on balance, more organized in elections.
http://www.elephantwatcher.com...

Obama empowers people on welfare. Wahoo!!

Lol. Romney's tax plan increases taxes on the middle class by about $2000 while cutting taxes on the rich by $250,000. It's simply bad economics that cannot work. Any benefit of additional wealth for the wealthy (used for private investment) is simply useless or minimally beneficial when the economy is weak and sales are poor.

Right, 'cause you know... Obamacare totally won't be a huge tax increase.

Also, statistics on the 2k please.

http://www.burntorangereport.com...

When I say statistics, I don't mean the redneck version of Think Progress. Preferably at least some somewhat non-partisan sources please.

And I don't support Obamacare, the PPACA.

That's nice, but you can't just highlight Romney's supposed tax increases while forgetting Obama's.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Contra
Posts: 3,941
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 12:26:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/13/2012 12:15:28 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 8/13/2012 11:51:28 AM, Contra wrote:
At 8/13/2012 11:43:09 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 8/13/2012 11:28:53 AM, Contra wrote:
At 8/13/2012 10:45:09 AM, 16kadams wrote:
At 8/13/2012 9:38:18 AM, inferno wrote:
At 8/13/2012 9:31:14 AM, 16kadams wrote:
At 8/13/2012 9:19:24 AM, imabench wrote:
At 8/13/2012 9:19:05 AM, imabench wrote:
as much as I think Ryan was a good pick, Inferno does point out that Romney's support comes almost entirely from white conservative males, and that Paul Ryan's selection as VP didnt add him anybody new.

fixed it

The conservatives weren't coming out in droves like he needed them too as obama wont get his new voter swarm like he did in '08. So the choice helps influence his base to actually vote, and so that he gets more energized supporters then before. Obama took that route, it worked fine last time. Though him being black and knowing how to speak also helped.

You underestimate the Liberal enthusiam. My friend, please do not be a fool.
Obama's strategy is working and that is because he knows how to influence
people and empower them. Mitt Romney does not.
It is going to take much more than logic to be this guy. Obama is good. =)

Republicans actually get bumped up in some polls as we have always been more motivated and organized. We usually (08 is the exception) come out in larger percentages then democrats. That's one of our benefits. Romney is trying to leech that out. Data shows we are more enthusiastic and, on balance, more organized in elections.
http://www.elephantwatcher.com...

Obama empowers people on welfare. Wahoo!!

Lol. Romney's tax plan increases taxes on the middle class by about $2000 while cutting taxes on the rich by $250,000. It's simply bad economics that cannot work. Any benefit of additional wealth for the wealthy (used for private investment) is simply useless or minimally beneficial when the economy is weak and sales are poor.

Right, 'cause you know... Obamacare totally won't be a huge tax increase.

Also, statistics on the 2k please.

http://www.burntorangereport.com...

When I say statistics, I don't mean the redneck version of Think Progress. Preferably at least some somewhat non-partisan sources please.

That is freaking funny.

And I don't support Obamacare, the PPACA.

That's nice, but you can't just highlight Romney's supposed tax increases while forgetting Obama's.

The PPACA taxes are more directed towards the top income earners.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
yoda878
Posts: 902
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 3:23:39 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Well maybe but I'm a girl voting for them and I'm so excited for him picking Ryan. Also we will see once Biden and Ryan debate. Ryan is an expert and Biden well hes Biden, he puts his foot in his mouth alot. The debates will make or break Romney.
Me
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 3:28:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/13/2012 3:23:39 PM, yoda878 wrote:
Well maybe but I'm a girl voting for them and I'm so excited for him picking Ryan. Also we will see once Biden and Ryan debate. Ryan is an expert and Biden well hes Biden, he puts his foot in his mouth alot. The debates will make or break Romney.

No. Despite the fact that noone can out debate Obama who has a master mind
orators skills. These debates have no bearing on the outcome of the elections.
yoda878
Posts: 902
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 3:33:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/13/2012 3:28:52 PM, inferno wrote:
At 8/13/2012 3:23:39 PM, yoda878 wrote:
Well maybe but I'm a girl voting for them and I'm so excited for him picking Ryan. Also we will see once Biden and Ryan debate. Ryan is an expert and Biden well hes Biden, he puts his foot in his mouth alot. The debates will make or break Romney.

No. Despite the fact that noone can out debate Obama who has a master mind
orators skills. These debates have no bearing on the outcome of the elections.

Really Obama has been lying and I believe Romney's waiting for the debates to call him out>>> I cant wait!!
If Romney does it right Obama will stumble and fall.
Me
yoda878
Posts: 902
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 3:35:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/13/2012 3:28:52 PM, inferno wrote:
At 8/13/2012 3:23:39 PM, yoda878 wrote:
Well maybe but I'm a girl voting for them and I'm so excited for him picking Ryan. Also we will see once Biden and Ryan debate. Ryan is an expert and Biden well hes Biden, he puts his foot in his mouth alot. The debates will make or break Romney.

No. Despite the fact that noone can out debate Obama who has a master mind
orators skills. These debates have no bearing on the outcome of the elections.

Also he was a good debater B/4 he was president and b/4 mistakes.
Me
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 5:13:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/13/2012 3:49:36 PM, MrBrooks wrote:
At 8/13/2012 3:41:21 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
Carter was a shoe-in for re-election too.

Was he really?

President Obama is not Jim Carter. And that is because this is not an oil crisis
we are dealing with right now. And GM is not having the same automotive dysfunctions that they had back during that era.
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,337
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 8:09:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/13/2012 5:13:28 PM, inferno wrote:
At 8/13/2012 3:49:36 PM, MrBrooks wrote:
At 8/13/2012 3:41:21 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
Carter was a shoe-in for re-election too.

Was he really?

President Obama is not Jim Carter. And that is because this is not an oil crisis
we are dealing with right now. And GM is not having the same automotive dysfunctions that they had back during that era.

People still hate bad economies.
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,337
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 8:11:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
and really inferno. Your OP suggests we have a few more decades before a colored man can trust a white man to lead him to a happier future.
MrBrooks
Posts: 831
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 8:14:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/13/2012 8:11:40 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
and really inferno. Your OP suggests we have a few more decades before a colored man can trust a white man to lead him to a happier future.

Inferno is the reason why we have white supremacists.
imabench
Posts: 21,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 11:03:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Paul Ryan helps get the conservative vote that Romney was supposed to already have....
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,337
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2012 12:40:17 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/13/2012 11:03:49 PM, imabench wrote:
Paul Ryan helps get the conservative vote that Romney was supposed to already have....

Worrying about turning into the next Greece isn't an issue owned by conservatives.
RoyLatham
Posts: 4,488
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2012 8:27:34 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Believing that race or gender is the most important factor is explicitly racist. It is shameful when Americans vote based upon racist sentiments, but leftists do. Personally, it rarely occurs to me that Obama is black. It's just not relevant.

Ryan is a fan of Ayn Rand, and he is now heir apparent in the Republican world, so he may draw a few libertarian votes that would otherwise go to Gary Johnson. Otherwise, it just underlines the choice between socialism and capitalism in the election. Burke said that democracy only works until voters discover they can vote themselves unlimited benefits. The election is set up to make that test clear.
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2012 8:34:40 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/14/2012 8:27:34 AM, RoyLatham wrote:
Believing that race or gender is the most important factor is explicitly racist. It is shameful when Americans vote based upon racist sentiments, but leftists do. Personally, it rarely occurs to me that Obama is black. It's just not relevant.

Ryan is a fan of Ayn Rand, and he is now heir apparent in the Republican world, so he may draw a few libertarian votes that would otherwise go to Gary Johnson. Otherwise, it just underlines the choice between socialism and capitalism in the election. Burke said that democracy only works until voters discover they can vote themselves unlimited benefits. The election is set up to make that test clear.

Where that is where you are wrong my friend. I never implied that this is the most important factor. But it is an issue, and whether we believe it to be logical is not within our range to decide. Because reality trumps any and everything and it cannot be defied. People are collective beings who usually are emotional rather than logical, especially when they are vulnerable which makes them expendable.
So again, President Obama has the clear cut advantage because he has the profound ability to influence people in a way that Mitt Romney cannot.
This election will be won by the one who makes you feel the most secure.
And confidence is one of our Presidents strongest points. This is why he will win.