Total Posts:4|Showing Posts:1-4
Jump to topic:

<sarcasm>Paul Ryan - Insider Trader - Evil!

JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2012 1:13:21 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Did you know that Paul Ryan sold shares in banks on the day that all the Washington types had a meeting with the Fed types, and were told about the impending problems of the banking crisis?

Lol, I love major news, especially when it gets so perpetuated by social sites, only to be completely debunked a few hours later.

Anyway, here are the (apparent) facts.

On the evening of September 18, 2008, Ryan learned that the country was heading for a fertilizer-hurricane. Acting upon that information, earlier that day, Ryan personally sold shares he held in an account he didn't control, of various financial institutions. In fact, such an insider was he, that he had actually started exiting out of those investments months before the meeting even took place!
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
Apollo.11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2012 1:40:41 AM
I'm much more interested in how much of an ignorant partisan ideologue you have to be to call him a fiscal conservative when he voted for the first bush tax cuts, the war in iraq, the war in afghanistan, the largest entitlement expansion in history, the second bush tax cuts, the auto-bailouts, and TARP.

Only an idiot or a fool would say he is a fiscal conservative.
Sapere Aude!
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2012 1:56:00 AM
At 8/16/2012 1:40:41 AM, Apollo.11 wrote:
I'm much more interested in how much of an ignorant partisan ideologue you have to be to call him a fiscal conservative when he voted for the first bush tax cuts, the war in iraq, the war in afghanistan, the largest entitlement expansion in history, the second bush tax cuts, the auto-bailouts, and TARP.

I'm much more interested in whether or not the dinner I ate is going to kill me.

But that doesn't have anything to do with the OP...

Hmmm... ideas
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2012 1:56:53 AM
At 8/16/2012 1:40:41 AM, Apollo.11 wrote:
I'm much more interested in how much of an ignorant partisan ideologue a person has to be to call him a fiscal conservative when he voted for the first bush tax cuts, the war in iraq, the war in afghanistan, the largest entitlement expansion in history, the second bush tax cuts, the auto-bailouts, and TARP.

Fixed for you, to avoid any unintended consequences due to poor wording.