Republican (Mens) View About Rape *

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2012 9:31:59 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
How many of you are aware about the apathy that comes from Republican Men
and their view on major social issues that concern that well being of Women.
It seems that once again the more sexist of the two parties have showed their
true feelings about what Women deal with on a daily basis. See the site here.

http://www.boston.com...
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2012 9:34:14 AM
At 8/20/2012 9:31:59 AM, inferno wrote:

I believe that this type of ignorance is what causes division among the sexes.
This kind of apathetic behavior is dangerous and allows us to ignore
the truth about rape and other social issues that plague our society today.
Frederick53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2012 9:39:08 AM
Yet again, you're purposely antagonizing half the people here. But to a degree, you're right.
In 1975, the Second Vietnam War began -1Historygenius

Like no wonder that indian dude rejected you.- Darkkermit to royalpaladin

Social Darwinism is a justification- 1Historygenius

Equal opportunity exists, so there is no problem- EvanK
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2012 9:40:07 AM
At 8/20/2012 9:31:59 AM, inferno wrote:

Leave it to my fellow man to shoot off their mouth about something when they have no idea what they are talking about. Furthermore, I want to know how this congressman has been elected six times.
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2012 9:43:35 AM
At 8/20/2012 9:39:08 AM, Frederick53 wrote:
Yet again, you're purposely antagonizing half the people here. But to a degree, you're right.

No atagonization here. Im just giving you the raw facts as usual.
It is not my fault if your skin is too thin.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2012 9:43:44 AM
He claims to have obtained this information from doctors. I'd love to know which doctors argued this, because they most certainly need to have their licenses stripped if they have such little knowledge of the human body.

In addition, I don't think he understands world affairs. Rape has been used as a tool of warfare for thousands of years. The Spanish did it to the Aztecs, and it's happening right now in several African nations . . .
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2012 9:46:34 AM
At 8/20/2012 9:43:44 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
He claims to have obtained this information from doctors. I'd love to know which doctors argued this, because they most certainly need to have their licenses stripped if they have such little knowledge of the human body.

In addition, I don't think he understands world affairs. Rape has been used as a tool of warfare for thousands of years. The Spanish did it to the Aztecs, and it's happening right now in several African nations . . .

He is getting his information from sexist ideologues who have a serious predisposition about Women in general. It sounds almost as if this guy just came out of a juke joint for crying out loud.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2012 9:47:13 AM
Seems like it was taken way out of context and is much ado about nothing. The contention is that he used the phrase "legitmate rape," right?
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2012 9:48:25 AM
At 8/20/2012 9:47:13 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
Seems like it was taken way out of context and is much ado about nothing. The contention is that he used the phrase "legitmate rape," right?

No. He claimed that abortion should not be permitted in cases of rape because women who were actually rate ("legitimately raped") cannot get pregnant in the first place.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2012 9:49:09 AM
He claimed to have scientific evidence from doctors, but 1. He never gave us the information, 2. He never gave us his sources, and 3. He's ignoring like all empirical evidence from history . . .
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2012 9:51:44 AM
At 8/20/2012 9:48:25 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

No. He claimed that abortion should not be permitted in cases of rape because women who were actually rate ("legitimately raped") cannot get pregnant in the first place.:

It's a bad argument against abortion, and obviously women can get pregnant. But it is true that pregnancies from forcible abortions comprise a very low percentage of abortions. Not even a full 1%.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2012 9:52:31 AM

When he used the word "legitimate" he was being very patronizing not to mention
a sexist demagogue. It was very insulting for him to use that term as if any form of rape is a good thing.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2012 9:55:26 AM
At 8/20/2012 9:52:31 AM, inferno wrote:

a sexist demagogue. It was very insulting for him to use that term as if any form of rape is a good thing.:

Where did he say or even allude that rape was ever a good thing? Sure, the word "legitimate" was careless, but it's a minor gaffe blown way out of proportion.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2012 9:56:30 AM
At 8/20/2012 9:55:26 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:

a sexist demagogue. It was very insulting for him to use that term as if any form of rape is a good thing.:

Where did he say or even allude that rape was ever a good thing? Sure, the word "legitimate" was careless, but it's a minor gaffe blown way out of proportion.

No, it's not being blown out of proportion. He was implying that people who wanted to get abortions due to rape or who became pregnant as a result of rape were actually not raped. He was directly assailing the victims.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2012 9:56:57 AM
At 8/20/2012 9:39:08 AM, Frederick53 wrote:

YEAH INFERNO LAY OFF, THATS MY JOB!!!!
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2012 10:01:29 AM
At 8/20/2012 9:55:26 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:

No. He was not being sincere about this because this is where his heart dwells on this issue. It is sad to see a lawmaker use this kind of rhetoric in a public forum.
It shows you why so many turn a deaf ear to rape victims and Women who are
sexually abused. This type of conversation only adds fuel to the fire and promotes
apathy. Apathy is lethal.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2012 10:07:41 AM
No, it's not being blown out of proportion. He was implying that people who wanted to get abortions due to rape or who became pregnant as a result of rape were actually not raped. He was directly assailing the victims.:

If that's the case, then I would obviously agree. That's not how I interpreted it, however. I interpreted that, based on what he knows, he thinks the science shows that a woman's body will reject the sperm in most cases thereby not resulting in pregnancy. It's a stupid argument in favor of pro-life, and he opened himself up to being misinterpreted, but I don't think that's what he was alluding to.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2012 10:12:38 AM
At 8/20/2012 10:07:41 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
No, it's not being blown out of proportion. He was implying that people who wanted to get abortions due to rape or who became pregnant as a result of rape were actually not raped. He was directly assailing the victims.:

If that's the case, then I would obviously agree. That's not how I interpreted it, however. I interpreted that, based on what he knows, he thinks the science shows that a woman's body will reject the sperm in most cases thereby not resulting in pregnancy. It's a stupid argument in favor of pro-life, and he opened himself up to being misinterpreted, but I don't think that's what he was alluding to.

That is your biased and highly predictable opinion. But if this was a Liberal
candidate who said such a thing, your words would be different.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2012 10:18:29 AM
At 8/20/2012 10:07:41 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:

If that's the case, then I would obviously agree. That's not how I interpreted it, however. I interpreted that, based on what he knows, he thinks the science shows that a woman's body will reject the sperm in most cases thereby not resulting in pregnancy.

What are the implications of this for women who are pregnant but who claim to have been raped?

His argument is that people who are raped won't seek abortions since they won't get pregnant. What does that say about people who say they were and seek abortions?
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2012 10:31:44 AM
Pretty sure that when women get raped they secrete some kind of hormone that lessens the chance of pregnancy.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2012 10:32:25 AM
candidate who said such a thing, your words would be different.:

The pot calling the kettle black again. I'm not a conservative or a liberal. I have no problem calling either one out. I base it on evidence, not party lines, which is the very definition of unbiased.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2012 10:34:11 AM
At 8/20/2012 10:32:25 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
candidate who said such a thing, your words would be different.:

The pot calling the kettle black again. I'm not a conservative or a liberal. I have no problem calling either one out. I base it on evidence, not party lines, which is the very definition of unbiased.

Regardless of your political affiliation you often lean Right and your ideology shows that to be true.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2012 10:36:08 AM
What are the implications of this for women who are pregnant but who claim to have been raped?

His argument is that people who are raped won't seek abortions since they won't get pregnant. What does that say about people who say they were and seek abortions?:

I didn't say that it was a good argument, just not that it was intended to be as nefarious as is being portrayed by media outlets. That's all.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2012 10:36:18 AM
At 8/20/2012 10:31:44 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
Pretty sure that when women get raped they secrete some kind of hormone that lessens the chance of pregnancy.

Source? I'm pretty sure that plenty of women who have been raped have gotten pregnant. It's about 32,000 per year in the U.S. alone . . .
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2012 10:37:26 AM
Regardless of your political affiliation you often lean Right and your ideology shows that to be true.:

Depends on the issue. I tend to lean right on fiscal issues and to the left on social issues.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2012 10:37:55 AM
At 8/20/2012 10:36:18 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

Source? I'm pretty sure that plenty of women who have been raped have gotten pregnant. It's about 32,000 per year in the U.S. alone . . .

Trying to find it with no luck. It was probably just something I read on those Christian Answers abortion sites for a debate.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2012 10:40:25 AM
At 8/20/2012 10:37:55 AM, Lordknukle wrote:

Trying to find it with no luck. It was probably just something I read on those Christian Answers abortion sites for a debate.

I found something, but it only applies to ducks.

http://www.mediaite.com...

I read another article. The idea stems from medieval nonsense about how women had to have orgasms to get pregnant. The logic was that since they needed orgasms, which they wouldn't get if raped, they couldn't get pregnant.

It was obviously nonsense.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2012 10:42:59 AM
At 8/20/2012 10:40:25 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

I read another article. The idea stems from medieval nonsense about how women had to have orgasms to get pregnant. The logic was that since they needed orgasms, which they wouldn't get if raped, they couldn't get pregnant.

Lol. It would probably be helpful if human women has something akin to the Bruce Effect in play.
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2012 10:50:44 AM
I usually consider your practical and mature perspective on point, Paradigm, but this time around, I fear you may be off base.

Asserting that"legitimate" rapes don't result in pregnancies isn't only a pro life ; it's also an argument that suggests this man is inclined to believe that women who were reaped and desire to abort the resulting pregnancy are lying, and moreover, that every rape must meet given violent standards that far exceed a lack of consent. In other words, that a lack of consent is not enough to claim rape.

It is the sort of retarded rationale that leads to the assertion that husbands can't rape thirty wives. The man is likely a misogynist.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2012 10:50:56 AM
At 8/20/2012 10:42:59 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 8/20/2012 10:40:25 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

Lol. It would probably be helpful if human women has something akin to the Bruce Effect in play.

What does that suppose to mean.