Total Posts:17|Showing Posts:1-17
Jump to topic:

Asian Rights?

1dustpelt
Posts: 1,970
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 3:52:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
There is always a bunch of crap on the media about how Blacks are always being discriminated against, etc. however Asians are always ignored, when they are actually the most discriminated against.

They have to score higher than anyone else to get into college, are regularly discriminated against even more than Blacks or Hispanics, but for some reason there isn't an Asian rights movement and the media ignores this.
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
1dustpelt
Posts: 1,970
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 3:53:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
http://www.hrc.co.nz...
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
yoda878
Posts: 902
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 4:07:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Asian....
go give me the fist words off the top of your head?

Maybe words like smart, ninja, inventors...
all power words, I hate to say it but people put people in a category.

Blacks...
first words

Slavery would be one of the first words most people would say...

I'm not saying its right, I'm just saying people do it. People will more likely sympathies with African Americans.
Me
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 4:10:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/22/2012 3:52:02 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
There is always a bunch of crap on the media about how Blacks are always being discriminated against, etc. however Asians are always ignored, when they are actually the most discriminated against.

They have to score higher than anyone else to get into college, are regularly discriminated against even more than Blacks or Hispanics, but for some reason there isn't an Asian rights movement and the media ignores this.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the best way to end discrimination is to stop segregating ourselves into nationalistic movements that place an emphasis on race.

F*** this African/Asian liberation crap! How about an American liberation movement?!

F***ing racists.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 4:13:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/22/2012 3:52:02 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
There is always a bunch of crap on the media about how Blacks are always being discriminated against, etc. however Asians are always ignored, when they are actually the most discriminated against.

They have to score higher than anyone else to get into college, are regularly discriminated against even more than Blacks or Hispanics, but for some reason there isn't an Asian rights movement and the media ignores this.

People don't have to "score" anything to get into college. And, Brown University, for example, is inundated with Asians. So is CalTech.

How are Asians "discriminated against?"
1dustpelt
Posts: 1,970
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 4:18:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/22/2012 4:10:36 PM, DanT wrote:
At 8/22/2012 3:52:02 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
There is always a bunch of crap on the media about how Blacks are always being discriminated against, etc. however Asians are always ignored, when they are actually the most discriminated against.

They have to score higher than anyone else to get into college, are regularly discriminated against even more than Blacks or Hispanics, but for some reason there isn't an Asian rights movement and the media ignores this.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the best way to end discrimination is to stop segregating ourselves into nationalistic movements that place an emphasis on race.

F*** this African/Asian liberation crap! How about an American liberation movement?!

F***ing racists.

I agree with this, I was just criticizing the media and how this "equal rights" thing is not actually promoting equal rights.
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
1dustpelt
Posts: 1,970
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 4:21:05 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/22/2012 4:07:56 PM, yoda878 wrote:
Asian....
go give me the fist words off the top of your head?

Maybe words like smart, ninja, inventors...
all power words, I hate to say it but people put people in a category.
Stereotypes, evidence of discrimination


Blacks...
first words

Slavery would be one of the first words most people would say..

I'm not saying its right, I'm just saying people do it. People will more likely sympathies with African Americans.

Let's just end this fvcking racism. Let's say race didn't exist. Everything would be so much more simpler so just forget about what race people are!
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
yoda878
Posts: 902
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 4:26:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/22/2012 4:21:05 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
At 8/22/2012 4:07:56 PM, yoda878 wrote:
Asian....
go give me the fist words off the top of your head?

Maybe words like smart, ninja, inventors...
all power words, I hate to say it but people put people in a category.
Stereotypes, evidence of discrimination


Blacks...
first words

Slavery would be one of the first words most people would say..

I'm not saying its right, I'm just saying people do it. People will more likely sympathies with African Americans.

Let's just end this fvcking racism. Let's say race didn't exist. Everything would be so much more simpler so just forget about what race people are!

ok I didn't say it was right, I was just explaining why it happens. I am not here to defend it. lol
Me
1dustpelt
Posts: 1,970
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 4:27:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/22/2012 4:26:45 PM, yoda878 wrote:
At 8/22/2012 4:21:05 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
At 8/22/2012 4:07:56 PM, yoda878 wrote:
Asian....
go give me the fist words off the top of your head?

Maybe words like smart, ninja, inventors...
all power words, I hate to say it but people put people in a category.
Stereotypes, evidence of discrimination


Blacks...
first words

Slavery would be one of the first words most people would say..

I'm not saying its right, I'm just saying people do it. People will more likely sympathies with African Americans.

Let's just end this fvcking racism. Let's say race didn't exist. Everything would be so much more simpler so just forget about what race people are!

ok I didn't say it was right, I was just explaining why it happens. I am not here to defend it. lol

lol That part at the end was not aimed at you, it was aimed at the Pro Affirmative Action people
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 4:41:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/22/2012 4:07:56 PM, yoda878 wrote:
Asian....
go give me the fist words off the top of your head?

Maybe words like smart, ninja, inventors...
all power words, I hate to say it but people put people in a category.

Blacks...
first words

Slavery would be one of the first words most people would say...

I'm not saying its right, I'm just saying people do it. People will more likely sympathies with African Americans.

But why should they? The children of slaves/slave owners aren't alive anymore, let alone the actual slaves/slave owners.

The 13th amendment was passed in 147 years ago.

Say a generation is 25 years.

Generation 1(born before Dec. 1865): slave/slave-owner (100% blood related)
Generation 2(born between Dec. 1865-1890): slave/slave-owner's children (50% blood related)
Generation 3(born between Dec. 1890-1915): slave/slave-owner's grand children (25% blood related)
Generation 4(born between Dec. 1915-1940): slave/slave-owner's great grand children (12.5% blood related)
Generation 5(born between Dec. 1940-1965): slave/slave-owner's great great grand children (6.25% blood related)
Generation 6(born between Dec. 1965-1990): slave/slave-owner's great great great grand children (3.125% blood related)
Generation 7 (born between Dec. 1990-2015): slave/slave-owner's great great great great grand children (1.5625% blood related)

I don't see why anyone from generation 5 onwards would wine about slavery; they are not even 1/10th slave, and there is no way they knew their great great grand parents.

I'm a quarter Jewish; should I be harboring ill will towards the Egyptians? Should I hold a grudge against Italians too? Seriously, this is BS! I don't even hold a grudge against the damn Germans, because WWII ended before my mother was even born.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
Contra
Posts: 3,941
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 5:00:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/22/2012 4:18:15 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
At 8/22/2012 4:10:36 PM, DanT wrote:
At 8/22/2012 3:52:02 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
There is always a bunch of crap on the media about how Blacks are always being discriminated against, etc. however Asians are always ignored, when they are actually the most discriminated against.

They have to score higher than anyone else to get into college, are regularly discriminated against even more than Blacks or Hispanics, but for some reason there isn't an Asian rights movement and the media ignores this.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the best way to end discrimination is to stop segregating ourselves into nationalistic movements that place an emphasis on race.

F*** this African/Asian liberation crap! How about an American liberation movement?!

F***ing racists.

I agree with this, I was just criticizing the media and how this "equal rights" thing is not actually promoting equal rights.

Equal rights. The idea that you can make both sexes/races/orientation etc. equal by focusing on the issues of only one side is pure crap. Equal rights pure and simple, end discrimination (which would include affirmative action).
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
imabench
Posts: 21,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 5:02:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Duspelt omg, the source you got that from is about discrimination against asians IN NEW ZEALAND
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Posts: 21,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 5:03:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
This is the source that duspelt got it from

http://www.hrc.co.nz...
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Posts: 21,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 5:04:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/22/2012 5:03:25 PM, imabench wrote:
This is the source that duspelt got it from

http://www.hrc.co.nz...

"The survey, conducted annually by UMR Insight Ltd since 2000, showed that 77 per cent of New Zealanders consider that Asians are discriminated against more than any other group"
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Contra
Posts: 3,941
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 5:05:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/22/2012 5:04:21 PM, imabench wrote:
At 8/22/2012 5:03:25 PM, imabench wrote:
This is the source that duspelt got it from

http://www.hrc.co.nz...

"The survey, conducted annually by UMR Insight Ltd since 2000, showed that 77 per cent of New Zealanders consider that Asians are discriminated against more than any other group"

Lol.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 5:14:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/22/2012 4:10:36 PM, DanT wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the best way to end discrimination is to stop segregating ourselves into nationalistic movements that place an emphasis on race.

F*** this African/Asian liberation crap! How about an American liberation movement?!

F***ing racists.

Spot on.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 5:16:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/22/2012 5:05:30 PM, Contra wrote:
At 8/22/2012 5:04:21 PM, imabench wrote:
At 8/22/2012 5:03:25 PM, imabench wrote:
This is the source that duspelt got it from

http://www.hrc.co.nz...

"The survey, conducted annually by UMR Insight Ltd since 2000, showed that 77 per cent of New Zealanders consider that Asians are discriminated against more than any other group"

Lol.

Even if it was a US poll, why would a majority vote mean its true?

That's like saying if 77% of people think torturing animals is ok. Does this mean it is ok? Relying on a poll is the bandwagon fallacy.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross