Total Posts:14|Showing Posts:1-14
Jump to topic:

You Must Read This!

Ashley17
Posts: 20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2009 6:37:14 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
I need information on a Bill to increase funding for space exploration.
A bill to entend "wet foot", dry foot policy to all immigrants.
A Bill to rebuild America's infrastructure.
A Bill to legalize marjuana.
A Bill to require mandatory test for senior citizens over the age of 65. Please provide as much information as possiable, and PRO and CON. Elaborate and give your reasoning. Thank You
Ashley Bruneus
Ashley17
Posts: 20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2009 7:01:13 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/10/2009 6:53:51 PM, wjmelements wrote:
I have no idea what she wants either, Nags.
Even am confussed by it but that's how they gave it to us, I think were suppose to write a bill stating why should majuana be legalized and why it shouldn't be?
Ashley Bruneus
Nik
Posts: 552
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2009 7:03:49 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
she wants Information and proof which would be sufficient to put forward the bills she is proposing.

Which, looking at the bills she has put forward, (most notably the marajuwana bill) would need to be equal to the amount of Info and proof necessary to ask Obama to shove a nuclear missile up his arse and take a picture and send it to the daily mail along with FBI footage of a Sarah Palin sex tape.
"If you could tell the world but one truth, I could convince it of a thousand lies"
wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2009 7:04:58 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/10/2009 7:01:13 PM, Ashley17 wrote:
At 9/10/2009 6:53:51 PM, wjmelements wrote:
I have no idea what she wants either, Nags.
Even am confussed by it but that's how they gave it to us, I think were suppose to write a bill stating why should majuana be legalized and why it shouldn't be?

That makes more sense.

PRO:
Eliminates victimless crime
Cuts costs of law enforcement in lives and money
Cuts the costs of drugs, and therefore almost eliminating drug-related crime
Boosts economy in GDP and is medical field

CON:
...I don't believe there is a legitimate reason not to...
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
SportsGuru
Posts: 1,648
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2009 7:05:07 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/10/2009 6:37:14 PM, Ashley17 wrote:
I need information on a Bill to increase funding for space exploration.
A bill to entend "wet foot", dry foot policy to all immigrants.
A Bill to rebuild America's infrastructure.
A Bill to legalize marjuana.
A Bill to require mandatory test for senior citizens over the age of 65. Please provide as much information as possiable, and PRO and CON. Elaborate and give your reasoning. Thank You

I assume this is for Student Congress? In order for me to help you, need to be more detailed. How does the bill propose to rebuild America's infastructure? What exactly is the bill doing to legalize marjuana? What test are we giving to seniors over 65? If need be, just post the text of each bill.

P.S. its wet feet, dry feet; not wet foot dry foot. That will probably help you on your search :)
Ashley17
Posts: 20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2009 7:11:06 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/10/2009 7:04:58 PM, wjmelements wrote:
At 9/10/2009 7:01:13 PM, Ashley17 wrote:
At 9/10/2009 6:53:51 PM, wjmelements wrote:
I have no idea what she wants either, Nags.
Even am confussed by it but that's how they gave it to us, I think were suppose to write a bill stating why should majuana be legalized and why it shouldn't be?

That makes more sense.

PRO:
Eliminates victimless crime
Cuts costs of law enforcement in lives and money
Cuts the costs of drugs, and therefore almost eliminating drug-related crime
Boosts economy in GDP and is medical field

CON:
...I don't believe there is a legitimate reason not to...??? not do do what?

You want it legalized? or not?
Ashley Bruneus
Ashley17
Posts: 20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2009 7:12:44 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/10/2009 7:05:07 PM, SportsGuru wrote:
At 9/10/2009 6:37:14 PM, Ashley17 wrote:
I need information on a Bill to increase funding for space exploration.
A bill to entend "wet foot", dry foot policy to all immigrants.
A Bill to rebuild America's infrastructure.
A Bill to legalize marjuana.
A Bill to require mandatory test for senior citizens over the age of 65. Please provide as much information as possiable, and PRO and CON. Elaborate and give your reasoning. Thank You

I assume this is for Student Congress? In order for me to help you, need to be more detailed. How does the bill propose to rebuild America's infastructure? What exactly is the bill doing to legalize marjuana? What test are we giving to seniors over 65? If need be, just post the text of each bill.

P.S. its wet feet, dry feet; not wet foot dry foot. That will probably help you on your search :)

Thank you for the correction but this is the only information they provided to me, I have no further information, there's more bills but am just going to do a few.
Ashley Bruneus
wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2009 7:13:09 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/10/2009 7:11:06 PM, Ashley17 wrote:
At 9/10/2009 7:04:58 PM, wjmelements wrote:
At 9/10/2009 7:01:13 PM, Ashley17 wrote:
At 9/10/2009 6:53:51 PM, wjmelements wrote:
I have no idea what she wants either, Nags.
Even am confussed by it but that's how they gave it to us, I think were suppose to write a bill stating why should majuana be legalized and why it shouldn't be?

That makes more sense.

PRO:
Eliminates victimless crime
Cuts costs of law enforcement in lives and money
Cuts the costs of drugs, and therefore almost eliminating drug-related crime
Boosts economy in GDP and is medical field

CON:
...I don't believe there is a legitimate reason not to...??? not do do what?

You want it legalized? or not?
From http://debate.org...
Drug Legalization ProComments
Such laws against drug use are hardly enforcable and hinder liberty and the pursuit of happiness more than they can effectively do help. I do not advocate drug use, but I do not believe that the government should punish users.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
regebro
Posts: 1,152
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2009 12:56:26 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/10/2009 6:46:34 PM, Ashley17 wrote:
At 9/10/2009 6:43:58 PM, Nags wrote:
You were asking for a Bill.

Is Bill Clinton the Bill you were looking for?

No

I think he might be looking for you.
So prove me wrong, then.