Total Posts:7|Showing Posts:1-7
Jump to topic:

Trouble for Obama and the Liberal Media?

chrumbelievable
Posts: 210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2012 10:50:33 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
In his latest blog post (http://blog.debate.org...), ConservativePolitico uses the latest Newsweek cover as evidence that the liberal media is turning tides against President Obama.

Do you agree? Has the media heretofore glorified the Democratic party? Are they beginning to change their minds? Could this skepticism have an impact on the upcoming election?
imabench
Posts: 21,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2012 10:55:16 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/23/2012 10:50:33 AM, chrumbelievable wrote:
In his latest blog post (http://blog.debate.org...), ConservativePolitico uses the latest Newsweek cover as evidence that the liberal media is turning tides against President Obama.

Do you agree? Has the media heretofore glorified the Democratic party?

From what Ive seen the media isnt glorifying Dems, its just sh*tting all over the GOP at an astounding rate. The GOP have had numerous cases of shoving their foot in their mouth after that Congressmen dropped the ball on pregnancies from women's rape while at the same time been exposed for disproportionally focusing on voter fraud which is a non-issue, and all the media has done is show this to the US.

Basically, the media isnt glorifying Dems in my opinion, they are simply showing the (unfortunately timed) spotlight on the GOP's activities and beliefs of its most radical members
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
MrBrooks
Posts: 831
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2012 11:00:48 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I think that news organizations are taking notice of Fox's success. America as a whole has always been center-right, and most people don't enjoy listening to reporters that don't share their world views. It only makes sense for the media to shift its bias toward what the majority thinks, and the majority is center-right.
imabench
Posts: 21,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2012 11:15:33 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/23/2012 11:00:48 AM, MrBrooks wrote:
I think that news organizations are taking notice of Fox's success. America as a whole has always been center-right, and most people don't enjoy listening to reporters that don't share their world views. It only makes sense for the media to shift its bias toward what the majority thinks, and the majority is center-right.

thats true to a large degree but majority center right =/= agree with the actions of the GOP all the time...
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
MrBrooks
Posts: 831
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2012 11:19:15 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/23/2012 11:15:33 AM, imabench wrote:
At 8/23/2012 11:00:48 AM, MrBrooks wrote:
I think that news organizations are taking notice of Fox's success. America as a whole has always been center-right, and most people don't enjoy listening to reporters that don't share their world views. It only makes sense for the media to shift its bias toward what the majority thinks, and the majority is center-right.

thats true to a large degree but majority center right =/= agree with the actions of the GOP all the time...

That's why they can get away with attacking the GOP. You'll notice that they focus on attacking the fringe of the GOP though, i.e, the far right. The Democratic leadership has shifted the party far enough to the left that it is profitable for the media to attack them now, because most people actually aren't on board with having the government involved in every aspect of their lives.
NixonianVolkswagen
Posts: 481
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2012 2:43:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'm not sure how Obama receiving negative press attention is evidence that the press has a liberal bias... I can only assume that this was a "InB4PeopleBeginToQuestionWhetherTheMediaIsReallyLeftWing" blog post.
"There is an almost universal tendency, perhaps an inborn tendency, to suspect the good faith of a man who holds opinions that differ from our own opinions."

- Karl "Spartacus" Popper
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2012 4:43:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
WHEN DID WE GET MUTHERTRUCKING BLOGS!?!?!??

nac
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-