Jump to topic:

Feminism and Chivalry

Frederick53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2012 7:30:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
People seem to be confusing these things lately.

When you start claiming that customs that pressure men to be more polite towards women and treat them like delicate, inferior possessions is a result of recent feminism rather than centuries old traditionalism, which is precisely what feminism exist to combat, I think you need to take a step back and think about what you're trying to prove.
In 1975, the Second Vietnam War began -1Historygenius

Like no wonder that indian dude rejected you.- Darkkermit to royalpaladin

Social Darwinism is a justification- 1Historygenius

Equal opportunity exists, so there is no problem- EvanK
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2012 7:36:56 PM
At 8/23/2012 7:30:46 PM, Frederick53 wrote:
People seem to be confusing these things lately.

When you start claiming that customs that pressure men to be more polite towards women and treat them like delicate, inferior possessions is a result of recent feminism rather than centuries old traditionalism, which is precisely what feminism exist to combat, I think you need to take a step back and think about what you're trying to prove.

I am for both. I was thought of Chivalry as being polite to women, because women are awesome in just about every way (I believe that most women arn't as strong as men,but still just as capable), and I thought Feminism combated the sence of male dominion over women.
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
Frederick53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2012 7:43:24 PM
I'm not advocating either, but they both have had practical reasons for existing.

I'm speaking to those who are claiming that feminists are trying to shackle men with practices like holding doors and paying for drinks, when clearly those are the EXACT OPPOSITE of feminist goals.
In 1975, the Second Vietnam War began -1Historygenius

Like no wonder that indian dude rejected you.- Darkkermit to royalpaladin

Social Darwinism is a justification- 1Historygenius

Equal opportunity exists, so there is no problem- EvanK
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2012 8:02:13 PM
At 8/23/2012 7:43:24 PM, Frederick53 wrote:
I'm not advocating either, but they both have had practical reasons for existing.

I'm speaking to those who are claiming that feminists are trying to shackle men with practices like holding doors and paying for drinks, when clearly those are the EXACT OPPOSITE of feminist goals.

There is people who say that? Wow They should read a book of Feminism..lol
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."