Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2012 9:39:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'm beginning to like her.

Am I crazy?????????
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2012 9:44:14 PM
You Serious?
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2012 9:48:55 PM
THE WORLD IS ENDING!!!!!!!

Wait, what specifically do you like about her?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2012 10:16:06 PM
At 8/23/2012 9:48:55 PM, imabench wrote:

Some of her political views. The Green New Deal doesn't sound too bad.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2012 10:25:30 PM
At 8/23/2012 10:16:06 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

--Government-led investment in energy efficiency and microgeneration

--Low-carbon infrastructure redevelopment as a job creation strategy

--A directed windfall tax on the profits of oil and gas companies (already established in Norway) with expanding renewable energy and energy efficiency investment

--Further financial incentives for green investment and reduced energy usage, including reduction of private bank interest rates for green investment

--Break up large financial institutions into smaller units to facilitate more explicit and detailed fundamental risk management, as opposed to an approach based on sheer size and diversifying into every activity regardless of its harms

--Re-regulation of international finance including capital controls, increased scrutiny of financial derivatives, likely along the lines of Basel II

--Prevent corporate tax evasion by demanding financial reporting and by clamping down on tax havens.

That is the "Green New Deal". ^
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2012 10:32:39 PM
At 8/23/2012 9:39:16 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

Am I crazy?????????

http://www.google.com...
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2012 10:37:23 PM
You seem to jump around with your viewpoints/ideologues a lot....
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2012 11:05:10 PM
At 8/23/2012 10:25:30 PM, Contra wrote:
At 8/23/2012 10:16:06 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

--A directed windfall tax on the profits of oil and gas companies (already established in Norway) with expanding renewable energy and energy efficiency investment

--Further financial incentives for green investment and reduced energy usage, including reduction of private bank interest rates for green investment

--Break up large financial institutions into smaller units to facilitate more explicit and detailed fundamental risk management, as opposed to an approach based on sheer size and diversifying into every activity regardless of its harms

--Re-regulation of international finance including capital controls, increased scrutiny of financial derivatives, likely along the lines of Basel II

--Prevent corporate tax evasion by demanding financial reporting and by clamping down on tax havens.

That is the "Green New Deal". ^

I can google, ya know :)
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2012 11:05:33 PM
At 8/23/2012 10:37:23 PM, OberHerr wrote:

God forbid one is open-minded. OH THE HORROR!
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2012 11:14:25 PM

Am I crazy?????????

Nope :)
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2012 11:15:44 PM
At 8/23/2012 11:05:33 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

God forbid one is open-minded. OH THE HORROR!

+1
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2012 11:22:31 PM
First Contra becomes conservative, then LK becomes Green? WHAT IS GOING ONNNNNN!!!!
I love her decentralization and stuff. I'm voting for Obama though, just so Romney doesn't win.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2012 11:25:21 PM
At 8/23/2012 11:22:31 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
First Contra becomes conservative, then LK becomes Green? WHAT IS GOING ONNNNNN!!!!
I love her decentralization and stuff. I'm voting for Obama though, just so Romney doesn't win.

NOOOO Vote Jill Stein! Show America there is a better way!

16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2012 11:37:44 PM

What's wrong with that?
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2012 11:41:51 PM
But then again, her views of social justice are a little unnerving.

If only there was a socially libertarian party with fiscally conservative views, but not so much as to give a giant middle finger to the environment and say "the private sector will figure it out."
Frederick53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2012 12:21:39 AM
(:

If only we could have coalition governments like Great Britain so that the Green Party and the Libertarian Party could possibly gain equal footing.
In 1975, the Second Vietnam War began -1Historygenius

Like no wonder that indian dude rejected you.- Darkkermit to royalpaladin

Social Darwinism is a justification- 1Historygenius

Equal opportunity exists, so there is no problem- EvanK
NixonianVolkswagen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2012 6:32:10 AM
At 8/24/2012 12:21:39 AM, Frederick53 wrote:
(:

If only we could have coalition governments like Great Britain so that the Green Party and the Libertarian Party could possibly gain equal footing.

If you're interested in that sort of thing, New Zealand might be worth looking into.
"There is an almost universal tendency, perhaps an inborn tendency, to suspect the good faith of a man who holds opinions that differ from our own opinions."

- Karl "Spartacus" Popper
Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2012 8:52:06 AM

Am I crazy?????????

Yes you are crazy.
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2012 11:54:51 AM
At 8/23/2012 11:16:20 PM, Apollo.11 wrote:
I just hope Obama supporters don't vote for en masse.

The problem would only be if she doesn't win any states. Which, because of the political system in America, would very probably happnen.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2012 2:14:38 PM
At 8/23/2012 11:41:51 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
But then again, her views of social justice are a little unnerving.

If only there was a socially libertarian party with fiscally conservative views, but not so much as to give a giant middle finger to the environment and say "the private sector will figure it out."

Her Green New Deal is not libertarian. The decentralizing gov't part is, but her actual plan is not.

So, have government create alternative energy infrastructure to compete with the private sector? This would be unfair to the energy companies, as they must (GE being the exception) pay taxes, and have all other costs, and cause the industry to become, eventually, nationalized.

Incentivizing the private sector to create clean, renewable energy to improve public health, reduce global warming, and create millions of high wage, high skill jobs, will help America's economy vastly, but by improving the market economy, instead of instilling a gov't led energy sector, which would adversely harm the economy.

Green retrofits, that are not voluntary or gov't led, instead.

Maybe, but only a low rate. A high rate will make oil companies increase prices to keep their profits stable. This will cause higher oil prices, and cause a negative ripple effect through the economy.

Mandatory lower bank rates is not a good idea. First, it involves a potentially corrupt gov't giving special interests special bank treatment, a large gateway for corruption. The market will set interest rates at the optimal rate, based on their risk.

Deregulation, and free markets would work instead. First, free entry allows competition to occur, and prevents pure monopolies. Regulation has facilitated monopolies much more than the free market has.

Ok, regulate financial derivatives, and hold bankers liable to their customers whose money they are using, like they should of done.

Ok.

I do support some simple, principle based regulations when it comes to global warming and air quality, such as limiting the amount of mercury released in our air, preventing widespread CFC's, but you have to simplify the regulations to make it effective and efficient.

OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2012 11:16:25 AM
At 8/23/2012 11:37:44 PM, 16kadams wrote:

What's wrong with that?

Nothing normally, but if you CONSTANTLY RADICALLY switch......I dunno, just seems like your not questioning your views enough to begin with.

Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2012 11:22:40 AM
At 8/25/2012 11:16:25 AM, OberHerr wrote:

What's wrong with that?

Nothing normally, but if you CONSTANTLY RADICALLY switch......I dunno, just seems like your not questioning your views enough to begin with.

If by radically switch you mean stop giving the middle finger to the environment while believing that the free market is still more or less superb, then I agree with you.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2012 11:25:09 AM
At 8/25/2012 11:22:40 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 8/25/2012 11:16:25 AM, OberHerr wrote:

What's wrong with that?

If by radically switch you mean stop giving the middle finger to the environment while believing that the free market is still more or less superb, then I agree with you.

Ah, I love loaded language.