Jump to topic:

Paul Ryan - Rape as contraception

Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2012 5:42:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
It is curious to include rape among mere "method[s] of conception." I don't know how anyone can vote for people who believe and say things like this.

http://www.rawstory.com...

Paul Ryan is way too conservative for me on the social aspects. I feel that Paul Ryan is going to take a lot of the women's vote away from Mitt Romney.
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2012 5:52:36 PM
GOP candidates need to just stfu about rape
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2012 6:22:24 PM
If men could get pregnant just like women, then there would be harly any debate abortions.
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2012 6:27:10 PM
At 8/24/2012 6:22:24 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:
If men could get pregnant just like women, then there would be harly any debate abortions.

More women are pro life than pro choice..... http://www.nationalreview.com...
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2012 6:53:20 PM
At 8/24/2012 6:27:10 PM, thett3 wrote:

Thanks for reminding me why I hate this country..
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2012 6:55:27 PM
"I believe that the State should tell me how to be a moral person"
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2012 6:58:31 PM
At 8/24/2012 6:55:27 PM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:

I believe that I should tell me how to be a moral person
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2012 7:00:05 PM
At 8/24/2012 6:58:31 PM, Microsuck wrote:
At 8/24/2012 6:55:27 PM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:

I believe that I should tell me how to be a moral person

A "Fvcking" men..! -____-

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2012 7:03:32 PM
At 8/24/2012 5:52:36 PM, thett3 wrote:
GOP candidates need to just stfu about rape

^^^
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2012 7:04:49 PM

doesnt separate regular abortion from late term abortion
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2012 7:06:32 PM
At 8/24/2012 7:04:49 PM, imabench wrote:

doesnt separate regular abortion from late term abortion

That is true, but at least most of the people don't vote anti-choice. lol

Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2012 7:08:54 PM
This is why I hate Supreme Court cases- they make it ridiculously hard to overturn anything. If laws are decided by society, then it should be noted that more people are pro-life than pro-choice, in which case, the law should reflect that.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2012 7:10:31 PM
At 8/24/2012 7:08:54 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
This is why I hate Supreme Court cases- they make it ridiculously hard to overturn anything. If laws are decided by society, then it should be noted that more people are pro-life than pro-choice, in which case, the law should reflect that.

The majority are indeed anti-choice however, most of them don't vote that way which is good.

Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2012 7:16:14 PM
At 8/24/2012 7:10:31 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:

The majority are indeed anti-choice however, most of them don't vote that way which is good.

Stop with the childish "anti-choice" or "anti-life" slogans. They are pathetic and demeaning to your credibility.

Since the majority of the public is pro-life, then the law should be overturned. If this was just some regular law, then it wouldn't be too hard. However, since it was ruled upon by the SC, overturning it will be nigh impossible, which reflects the sad and abysmal status of our law system.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Frederick53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2012 7:20:23 PM

What happened to combating the tyranny of the majority? People are only more Pro-life by a small percentage.
In 1975, the Second Vietnam War began -1Historygenius

Like no wonder that indian dude rejected you.- Darkkermit to royalpaladin

Social Darwinism is a justification- 1Historygenius

Equal opportunity exists, so there is no problem- EvanK
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2012 7:21:54 PM
At 8/24/2012 7:20:23 PM, Frederick53 wrote:

What happened to combating the tyranny of the majority? People are only more Pro-life by a small percentage.

What happened to the fact that laws are decided by societal consensus because there is no such thing as objective right or wrong?
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2012 7:22:07 PM
At 8/24/2012 7:16:14 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

Stop with the childish "anti-choice" or "anti-life" slogans. They are pathetic and demeaning to your credibility.
Childish? No, I refuse to say their "pro-life" because they are most certainly NOT pro-life!

Since the majority of the public is pro-life, then the law should be overturned. If this was just some regular law, then it wouldn't be too hard. However, since it was ruled upon by the SC, overturning it will be nigh impossible, which reflects the sad and abysmal status of our law system.

So I take it you you favor democracy over republicanism then? I do however, I still think that the act of what you are stating is tyrrany by the majority.. :/

Frederick53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2012 7:29:49 PM
At 8/24/2012 7:21:54 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 8/24/2012 7:20:23 PM, Frederick53 wrote:

What happened to the fact that laws are decided by societal consensus because there is no such thing as objective right or wrong?

I don't know. It's a toss up between the 2 I guess.
In 1975, the Second Vietnam War began -1Historygenius

Like no wonder that indian dude rejected you.- Darkkermit to royalpaladin

Social Darwinism is a justification- 1Historygenius

Equal opportunity exists, so there is no problem- EvanK
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2012 7:31:05 PM
At 8/24/2012 7:22:07 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:

Childish? No, I refuse to say their "pro-life" because they are most certainly NOT pro-life!

Then at least say "those opposed to abortion." Pointless slandering isn't winning you any points.

So I take it you you favor democracy over republicanism then?

I favour neither; they are both downright awful.

I do however, I still think that the act of what you are stating is tyrrany by the majority.. :/

Tyranny of the majority is the only way that laws can be decided. Otherwise, you would have tyranny of the minority, which is not reflective of the wishes of general society.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2012 8:11:05 PM

I was not aware that autonomy rights were subject to popular choice.
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2012 8:20:00 PM
At 8/24/2012 8:11:05 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

Because attempting to simplify a nuanced issue is fun.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2012 8:23:12 PM
At 8/24/2012 7:31:05 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 8/24/2012 7:22:07 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:

Then at least say "those opposed to abortion." Pointless slandering isn't winning you any points.
I didn't know we were taking points. That is just what I call them, and so does most of the left-wing media. lol

So I take it you you favor democracy over republicanism then?

I favour neither; they are both downright awful.

I do however, I still think that the act of what you are stating is tyrrany by the majority.. :/

Tyranny of the majority is the only way that laws can be decided. Otherwise, you would have tyranny of the minority, which is not reflective of the wishes of general society.

Or we can have a society that respects everyone's rights and doesn't try to take them away whether the majority or minority want to either way. lol Either way, I don't care if they are the majority or not. They will never overturn Roe vs Wade. That is a fact.

royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2012 8:41:51 PM
At 8/24/2012 8:20:00 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

It's a pretty simple case. The homeless men I see outside my dorms are not entitled to any of my possessions even if they need them to survive. Need does not impose moral obligations on others to provide. This is only a controversial issue because of religion. Even Jesus was against imposing religion on others. Read Matthew 10:42-1
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2012 8:43:32 PM
I'm not saying that I would use abortion or that I wouldn't provide for the homeless man, but I just try to be a nice person. I don't see why we should be forcing people to be nice.
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2012 8:44:21 PM
At 8/24/2012 8:41:51 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

It's a pretty simple case. The homeless men I see outside my dorms are not entitled to any of my possessions even if they need them to survive. Need does not impose moral obligations on others to provide. This is only a controversial issue because of religion. Even Jesus was against imposing religion on others. Read Matthew 10:42-1

I'm not disagreeing with you on the overall position. But your main reasoning for the position is one that is, to me, a little bit overly simplistic, with its many many presuppositions.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2012 8:44:35 PM
Also, I am fairly certain that the Bible permits abortion in cases of adultery. This was supposed to be a punishment to the women involved; the "rights" of the child were not even considered.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2012 8:45:14 PM
At 8/24/2012 8:44:21 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 8/24/2012 8:41:51 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

I'm not disagreeing with you on the overall position. But your main reasoning for the position is one that is, to me, a little bit overly simplistic, with its many many presuppositions.

I notice that you have not explained what these complications are . . .
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2012 9:22:35 PM

Of course they are. Rights by themselves are subject to popular choice and societal consensus.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2012 9:50:15 PM
At 8/24/2012 9:22:35 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

Of course they are. Rights by themselves are subject to popular choice and societal consensus.

You do realize that this presumes the existence of rights in the first place? Why should they be subject to popular choice and societal consensus? Like, why should we not impose our culture of rights on Asian countries?

LK: Cultural relativism

Royal: So because they consented to have the culture, it's ok?

LK: Yup

Royal: That presupposes the existence of the right to autonomy. Why is it just or some in the culture to impose that culture and its implications on others in the culture?

LK: