Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 5:15:41 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'm not sure if this has been done yet.

We need a big debate. The biggest Obama fan Vs. The biggest Romney fan
aka Obama Vs Romney.

Anyone know who the biggest Obama and Romney fans are there on this site?
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 7:48:24 AM
At 8/26/2012 5:15:41 AM, jj43zz wrote:

aka Obama Vs Romney.

people have this debate all the time in the forums.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 7:50:46 AM
At 8/26/2012 7:48:24 AM, imabench wrote:

aka Obama Vs Romney.

people have this debate all the time in the forums.

Yeah. I'd rather see two DDO members and thier political views instead of those two and thier views.
TheAsylum
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 8:12:40 AM

aka Obama Vs Romney.

No one is a "fan" of romney, they just hate obama.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 8:34:52 AM
At 8/26/2012 8:12:40 AM, 16kadams wrote:

aka Obama Vs Romney.

Truth.

And it's astounding how far that hatred alone can take a man.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 9:49:18 AM

aka Obama Vs Romney.

I personally hate them both. :/
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 11:20:00 AM
At 8/26/2012 9:49:18 AM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:

aka Obama Vs Romney.

Doesn't everyone? Pick the one you hate less, that's the beauty of American Democracy.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 11:36:29 AM
At 8/26/2012 11:20:00 AM, lewis20 wrote:

aka Obama Vs Romney.

Doesn't everyone? Pick the one you hate less, that's the beauty of American Democracy.

I vote Green. So I vote neither! By the way, we are a Republic not a Democracy. :)
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 11:38:16 AM
No, you (or we, rather) are a liberal democracy. Everywhere where the people elect the leader en masse is a democracy. You can call it a republican democracy, or a democratic republic, but it's still a democracy.

That argument still makes no sense.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 11:44:08 AM
At 8/26/2012 11:38:16 AM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
No, you (or we, rather) are a liberal democracy. Everywhere where the people elect the leader en masse is a democracy. You can call it a republican democracy, or a democratic republic, but it's still a democracy.

We are a "Constitutional Republic" bro. Here is the difference:

1. Democracy and Republic are two forms of government which are distinguished by their treatment of the Minority, and the Individual, by the Majority.

2. In a Democracy, the Majority has unlimited power over the Minority. This system of government does not provide a legal safeguard of the rights of the Individual and the Minority. It has been referred to as "Majority over Man".

3. In a Republic, the Majority is Limited and constrained by a written Constitution which protects the rights of the Individual and the Minority. The purpose of a
Republic form of government is to control the Majority and to protect the God-given, inalienable rights and liberty of the Individual.

The United States of America is founded as a Republic under the Constitution.

Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 11:49:26 AM
At 8/26/2012 11:44:08 AM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:
At 8/26/2012 11:38:16 AM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:

We are a "Constitutional Republic" bro. Here is the difference:

1. Democracy and Republic are two forms of government which are distinguished by their treatment of the Minority, and the Individual, by the Majority.

2. In a Democracy, the Majority has unlimited power over the Minority. This system of government does not provide a legal safeguard of the rights of the Individual and the Minority. It has been referred to as "Majority over Man".

3. In a Republic, the Majority is Limited and constrained by a written Constitution which protects the rights of the Individual and the Minority. The purpose of a
Republic form of government is to control the Majority and to protect the God-given, inalienable rights and liberty of the Individual.

The United States of America is founded as a Republic under the Constitution.

I would like to note that I got that from another website, and so I forgot to take out the "God given".

lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 11:51:49 AM
At 8/26/2012 11:36:29 AM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:

aka Obama Vs Romney.

I vote Green. So I vote neither! By the way, we are a Republic not a Democracy. :)

Not anymore, the government hasn't been bound by the Constitution for a while. It's majority rule for all intents and purposes.

Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 11:59:25 AM
At 8/26/2012 11:51:49 AM, lewis20 wrote:
At 8/26/2012 11:36:29 AM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:

aka Obama Vs Romney.

Not anymore, the government hasn't been bound by the Constitution for a while. It's majority rule for all intents and purposes.

No, the Supreme Court gets rid of all bills that it deems unconstitutional. For example: The Majority doesn't vote on Abortion nation wide right now inspight of the ajority being pro-life. Why? Because the the Supreme Court has already deemed Roe v. Wade constitutional. How I will admit that Democracy, but the government is not being decided by the majority or the Constitution anymore. It is being bought out. :/

lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 12:39:14 PM
At 8/26/2012 11:59:25 AM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:
No, the Supreme Court gets rid of all bills that it deems unconstitutional. For example: The Majority doesn't vote on Abortion nation wide right now inspight of the ajority being pro-life. Why? Because the the Supreme Court has already deemed Roe v. Wade constitutional. How I will admit that Democracy, but the government is not being decided by the majority or the Constitution anymore. It is being bought out. :/

The supreme court hasn't struck down major legislation since FDR threatened to pack the courts, they base everything on precedent and not the Constitution. Majority decides between two awful parties, those parties can implement any legislation they want with little to no judicial restriction.
As for Roe V. Wade, Abortion shouldn't even be a federal issue as it's not an enumerated power.

Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 12:52:03 PM
At 8/26/2012 12:39:14 PM, lewis20 wrote:

The supreme court hasn't struck down major legislation since FDR threatened to pack the courts, they base everything on precedent and not the Constitution. Majority decides between two awful parties, those parties can implement any legislation they want with little to no judicial restriction.
As for Roe V. Wade, Abortion shouldn't even be a federal issue as it's not an enumerated power.

Roe v. Wade should be because the right to privacy and liberty are fundemental rights in the CONSTITUTION therefore, it is a federal problem. The people een more then two parties it's just those are the only ones that give breaks to the rich people who give them way more money then the other parties. The Supreme Court struck down Prop. 8. and they haven't struck down Roe v. Wade. Because the first is unonstitutional while the latter is constitutional. But hey who cares, I want democracy anyway but big money buys the votes and the constitution is out dated on a lot of things. :/

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 12:52:04 PM

aka Obama Vs Romney.

^^^^
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 1:07:44 PM
At 8/26/2012 12:52:03 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:

Roe v. Wade should be because the right to privacy and liberty are fundemental rights in the CONSTITUTION therefore, it is a federal problem. The people een more then two parties it's just those are the only ones that give breaks to the rich people who give them way more money then the other parties. The Supreme Court struck down Prop. 8. and they haven't struck down Roe v. Wade. Because the first is unonstitutional while the latter is constitutional. But hey who cares, I want democracy anyway but big money buys the votes and the constitution is out dated on a lot of things. :/

Ya big money buys the votes, social spending programs are the largest part of the budget and those dependent on said services vote for people who promise them more money. That and unconstitutional wars is why we are running a 1 trillion dollar deficit.
It's the fault of big money, but Goldman Sachs bankrolling both candidates is only half the story. Candidates feeding the dependency of the electorate is a much larger chunk of the pie.
Alexander Tytler: 'A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until a majority of voters discover that they can vote themselves largess out of the public treasury.'

16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 11:05:10 PM
At 8/26/2012 12:52:03 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:

I find Justice Whites dissenting opinion very strong
http://womenshistory.about.com...

To get the important quotes and summary go here
http://endroe.org...

And Justice Scalia is brilliant

Justice William Rehnquist also makes valid points.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross