Total Posts:30|Showing Posts:1-30
Jump to topic:

City to Be Watched By Permanent Eye InThe Sky

GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 10:58:45 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
"The Californian city of Lancaster will be the first to experience a "new era in law enforcement surveillance" with residents set to be watched by a permanent eye in the sky which will beam constant video footage back to police headquarters including crimes in progress as well as "scenes of mundane day-to-day life."

A Cessna plane fitted with sophisticated video surveillance technology will fly loops around the city and send footage directly back to a Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department dispatch center. Officials plan to add a second aircraft to the arsenal at a later date.

According to a report by ABC 7, the camera can zoom in to a person walking down the street from three miles away. The system also has a 5 second response time, meaning it can swiftly pinpoint a car and track its movements indefinitely.

Despite claims that the surveillance system will only target crimes in progress, officials admit that the video footage will be stored for two years and can be reviewed in case a crime or suspect was "unwittingly" captured on camera."

http://www.prisonplanet.com...

Oh wait, I thought Alex Jones was a crazy conspiracy theorist when he said there is a plan to turn us into big brother 1984 police state.

.
.
.
.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
YYW
Posts: 36,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 11:20:05 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/27/2012 10:58:45 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
"The Californian city of Lancaster will be the first to experience a "new era in law enforcement surveillance" with residents set to be watched by a permanent eye in the sky which will beam constant video footage back to police headquarters including crimes in progress as well as "scenes of mundane day-to-day life."

A Cessna plane fitted with sophisticated video surveillance technology will fly loops around the city and send footage directly back to a Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department dispatch center. Officials plan to add a second aircraft to the arsenal at a later date.

According to a report by ABC 7, the camera can zoom in to a person walking down the street from three miles away. The system also has a 5 second response time, meaning it can swiftly pinpoint a car and track its movements indefinitely.

Despite claims that the surveillance system will only target crimes in progress, officials admit that the video footage will be stored for two years and can be reviewed in case a crime or suspect was "unwittingly" captured on camera."

http://www.prisonplanet.com...

Oh wait, I thought Alex Jones was a crazy conspiracy theorist when he said there is a plan to turn us into big brother 1984 police state.



.
.
.
.

Alex Jones is an -arguably- insane consipracy theorist, David Ike too. But a broken clock is still right twice a day...
Tsar of DDO
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 12:32:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/27/2012 11:20:05 AM, YYW wrote:
Alex Jones is an -arguably- insane consipracy theorist, David Ike too. But a broken clock is still right twice a day...

You don't understand anything.

The premise is that there is a shadow government controlled by global elites who don't have our best interests in mind, but rather consolidation of power on a global scale. Part of this global plan involves taking our freedoms away, enslavement, and bringing us closer to Big Brother 1984 combined with a more subtle Nazi Germany.

The elites use various means to achieve this, primarily Problem-Reaction-Solution, the Hegelian Dialect applied politically. They create, manipulate, or take advantage of crisis and problems then offer "solutions" which were simply previously desired policies.

You're basically saying "so what Alex Jones was right about Big Brother, even a broken clock is right sometimes." You gotta be kidding me, a big chunk of his entire premise has been proven true.

The only things Alex Jones is wrong about are his predictions concerning the future like what specific staged false flags the government will commit next. He's not psychic so it is to be reasonably expected that his predictions will sometimes be wrong. He knows what the elites agenda is, he knows what they've done in the past to advance their agenda so he guesses what they might do next.

But Alex Jones is absolutely correct when he days that they want to destroy our freedoms and invade our privacy.

There's the:
Patriot Act
Drones on the homeland
RFID chipped IDs, credit cards, cars, and devices
Police using cell phones to track your location
FEMA Camps found throughout the nation
More and more laws, a growing stack
The suspension of due process
UN Treaty that attempts to disarm law abiding citizens in America
TSA checkpoints
Devaluing the currency
The global elites openly and publically calling for New World Order
Bilderberg meetings held illegally and dictating US policy

And the list goes on. Alex Jones is correct, you are wrong.

.
.
.
.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 12:55:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/27/2012 12:32:47 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 8/27/2012 11:20:05 AM, YYW wrote:
Alex Jones is an -arguably- insane consipracy theorist, David Ike too. But a broken clock is still right twice a day...

You don't understand anything.


That is the best forum response ever.

Anyway, it feels weird that I don't mind this new surveillance measure. I actually appreciate it. I've been a victim of a number of violent crimes in the past and I'm willing to trade off this bit of privacy for added security.

Now I'm off; the slope of this thread seems a bit slippery.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 12:57:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/27/2012 12:32:47 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 8/27/2012 11:20:05 AM, YYW wrote:
Alex Jones is an -arguably- insane consipracy theorist, David Ike too. But a broken clock is still right twice a day...

You don't understand anything.

The premise is that there is a shadow government controlled by global elites who don't have our best interests in mind, but rather consolidation of power on a global scale. Part of this global plan involves taking our freedoms away, enslavement, and bringing us closer to Big Brother 1984 combined with a more subtle Nazi Germany.

The elites use various means to achieve this, primarily Problem-Reaction-Solution, the Hegelian Dialect applied politically. They create, manipulate, or take advantage of crisis and problems then offer "solutions" which were simply previously desired policies.

You're basically saying "so what Alex Jones was right about Big Brother, even a broken clock is right sometimes." You gotta be kidding me, a big chunk of his entire premise has been proven true.

The only things Alex Jones is wrong about are his predictions concerning the future like what specific staged false flags the government will commit next. He's not psychic so it is to be reasonably expected that his predictions will sometimes be wrong. He knows what the elites agenda is, he knows what they've done in the past to advance their agenda so he guesses what they might do next.

But Alex Jones is absolutely correct when he days that they want to destroy our freedoms and invade our privacy.

There's the:
Patriot Act
Drones on the homeland
RFID chipped IDs, credit cards, cars, and devices
Police using cell phones to track your location
FEMA Camps found throughout the nation
More and more laws, a growing stack
The suspension of due process
UN Treaty that attempts to disarm law abiding citizens in America
TSA checkpoints
Devaluing the currency
The global elites openly and publically calling for New World Order
Bilderberg meetings held illegally and dictating US policy

And the list goes on. Alex Jones is correct, you are wrong.




.
.
.
.

Just because people don't come to the same conclusion as you does not mean they don't understand what is happening. Your problem is that you see everything as confirmation of your belief in a global conspiracy, whether it is or not.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
imabench
Posts: 21,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 1:01:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/27/2012 12:57:50 PM, DanT wrote:

Just because people don't come to the same conclusion as you does not mean they don't understand what is happening. Your problem is that you see everything as confirmation of your belief in a global conspiracy, whether it is or not.

^ This x 10,000
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 1:21:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/27/2012 1:01:15 PM, imabench wrote:
At 8/27/2012 12:57:50 PM, DanT wrote:

Just because people don't come to the same conclusion as you does not mean they don't understand what is happening. Your problem is that you see everything as confirmation of your belief in a global conspiracy, whether it is or not.

^ This x 10,000

False. I see it as a result of global conspiracy as well the complacency and ignorance of the human race.

People either see things as whoopsies done by politicians incompetence, as a result of greed, or as a result of coldly calculated design.

"In politics, nothing happens by accident. If it happens, you can bet it was planned that way."
-- Franklin D. Roosevelt (http://www.brainyquote.com...)

Your line of thinking is absurd. You think politics is
"whoops, I accidently shredded the Constitution,"
"whoops, I accidently stripped away your rights,"
"whoops, I built 300 FEMA camps,"
"whoops, I forgot to declare war on 5 countries,"
"whoops, I unleashed thousands of spy drones on US citizens,"
"whoops, I voted to destroy internet freedoms,"
"whoops, I got rid of due process,"
"whoops, my entire campaign was funded by Goldman Sachs,"
"whoops, I printed trillions of dollars, devalued the currency, and wrecked the economy."
.
.
.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 1:30:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/27/2012 12:57:50 PM, DanT wrote:
Just because people don't come to the same conclusion as you does not mean they don't understand what is happening. Your problem is that you see everything as confirmation of your belief in a global conspiracy, whether it is or not.

Perfect.

I'm not a big fan of what the government is doing by any means, but none of the aforementioned measures signify a conspiracy of epic propositions. The "global elite" certainly exist insofar as I believe a handful of really powerful people have a set of goals (that primarily operate around generating wealth) and a lot of influence to be able to pull a lot of strings, and get away with pretty much everything. However knowing more of what Geo's beliefs are - where he thinks this global take over originated and who is behind it, and how far it extends - this kinda just makes me smirk, as it does to everyone I'm sure. The implications of tyrannical policy are in themselves dangerous and alarming. You don't need to add an element of science fiction to make them any more scary. Two things I'm wondering (and I think I've brought them up before) - What would the purpose of this "global take over" be for the people/ reptiles behind it, and how can we stop it? There aren't any real clear answers, because there isn't a clear problem. There are just facts we can take and speeches we can manipulate to make it seem as if messed up government is not only messed up but other-worldly and powerful beyond reason.
President of DDO
YYW
Posts: 36,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 1:51:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
See below:

At 8/27/2012 1:30:28 PM, Danielle wrote:
At 8/27/2012 12:57:50 PM, DanT wrote:
Just because people don't come to the same conclusion as you does not mean they don't understand what is happening. Your problem is that you see everything as confirmation of your belief in a global conspiracy, whether it is or not.

Perfect.

I'm not a big fan of what the government is doing by any means, but none of the aforementioned measures signify a conspiracy of epic propositions. The "global elite" certainly exist insofar as I believe a handful of really powerful people have a set of goals (that primarily operate around generating wealth) and a lot of influence to be able to pull a lot of strings, and get away with pretty much everything. However knowing more of what Geo's beliefs are - where he thinks this global take over originated and who is behind it, and how far it extends - this kinda just makes me smirk, as it does to everyone I'm sure. The implications of tyrannical policy are in themselves dangerous and alarming. You don't need to add an element of science fiction to make them any more scary. Two things I'm wondering (and I think I've brought them up before) - What would the purpose of this "global take over" be for the people/ reptiles behind it, and how can we stop it? There aren't any real clear answers, because there isn't a clear problem. There are just facts we can take and speeches we can manipulate to make it seem as if messed up government is not only messed up but other-worldly and powerful beyond reason.
Tsar of DDO
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 2:46:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
These facts of tyranny are not used to prove the conspiracy, the conspiracy is already explicitly stated and admitted by the global elites themselves as well as insiders. The facts of tyranny simply show that the threat is real, the elites are serious, and they have the power and means to do it.

A major point the conspiracy theorists try to make is that these ideas are not farfetched and that it is fallacious to think that our government is the only one that would never harm it's people. We here to tell you that the Russians did it, the Koreans did it, the Germans did it, the Chinese did it, and yet you think somehow magically America won't do it?

I doesn't matter whether they are Reptilian or not, that's not even a subject I choose to talk about because it's not very tangible and doesn't matter that much.

.
.
.
.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 2:48:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/27/2012 2:26:24 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Why can women whine about an imaginary "right to privacy" in the case of abortion but the same right can't prevent BS like this?

@ConPo

The right to privacy is not imaginary; it's a direct extension of the right to autonomy. The decisions that people make regarding their bodies, health, etc. are not subject to public debate; they are a matter of personal consideration. You have no control over what I do to my body; it's not your body, it's my body.

Everyone has the right to privacy. I can't install cameras in your room, take nude pics, and distribute them on the internet. What you do in your room/home is a personal matter; it is not subject to public scrutiny. I can't debate about whether or not you should be able to eat at Taco Bell or take a specific prescription medicine because it's your body and your health; your private decisions are not subject to public debate.

Get it?

Now, what I do in private settings is private, but what I do in public settings is public. This is monitoring public settings; it is not monitoring private settings.

I AM opposed to this, but your argument is just nonsensical.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 2:48:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
@Geo: Everyone knows that the U.S. harms its own citizens. The CIA conducts experimental studies on prisoners without their consent.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 2:49:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/27/2012 10:58:45 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
http://www.prisonplanet.com...

Oh wait, I thought Alex Jones was a crazy conspiracy theorist when he said there is a plan to turn us into big brother 1984 police state.
Do you have more useful sources than Prisonplanet ma'am? Nope.
Stephen_Hawkins
Posts: 5,316
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 2:50:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/27/2012 1:01:15 PM, imabench wrote:
At 8/27/2012 12:57:50 PM, DanT wrote:

Just because people don't come to the same conclusion as you does not mean they don't understand what is happening. Your problem is that you see everything as confirmation of your belief in a global conspiracy, whether it is or not.

^ This x 10,000
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 2:58:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/27/2012 2:49:14 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 8/27/2012 10:58:45 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
http://www.prisonplanet.com...

Oh wait, I thought Alex Jones was a crazy conspiracy theorist when he said there is a plan to turn us into big brother 1984 police state.
Do you have more useful sources than Prisonplanet ma'am? Nope.

Oh right, Alex Jones just made up a story that Lancaster has a Cesna spy device flying around in the air. Thats why the LA Times reported the same thing: http://www.latimes.com...
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 3:04:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/27/2012 2:50:13 PM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
At 8/27/2012 1:01:15 PM, imabench wrote:
At 8/27/2012 12:57:50 PM, DanT wrote:
Just because people don't come to the same conclusion as you does not mean they don't understand what is happening. Your problem is that you see everything as confirmation of your belief in a global conspiracy, whether it is or not.

^ This x 10,000

"In politics, nothing happens by accident. If it happens, you can bet it was planned that way."
-- Franklin D. Roosevelt
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 3:08:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
You don't understand anything.

The premise is that there is a shadow government controlled by global elites who don't have our best interests in mind, but rather consolidation of power on a global scale.:

*sigh*

Geo, the slippery slope is that cities like Lancaster implementing these measures opens the door to more cities doing this, slowly encroaching more and more into people's lives. At the present time this has nothing to do with "shadowy goverment," it's just the City of Lancaster. Calm down.

You're basically saying "so what Alex Jones was right about Big Brother, even a broken clock is right sometimes." You gotta be kidding me, a big chunk of his entire premise has been proven true.:

It means he takes shreds of truth and stretches it to an illogical extreme.

But Alex Jones is absolutely correct when he days that they want to destroy our freedoms and invade our privacy.

There's the:
Patriot Act
Drones on the homeland
RFID chipped IDs, credit cards, cars, and devices
Police using cell phones to track your location
FEMA Camps found throughout the nation
More and more laws, a growing stack
The suspension of due process
UN Treaty that attempts to disarm law abiding citizens in America
TSA checkpoints
Devaluing the currency
The global elites openly and publically calling for New World Order
Bilderberg meetings held illegally and dictating US policy

And the list goes on. Alex Jones is correct, you are wrong.:

There is no "global elite," only marginally good people trying to do the right thing but going about it the wrong way. Worry about proving that the City of Lancaster is run by puppet masters or concede that you can't.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 3:14:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
This also happens to be monumentally stupid, inefficient, and unnecessarily expensive. To pay pilots, mount it with sophisticated surveillance systems, and fuel Cessna's all day long, is absurdly expensive for not a lot to show for the efforts.

But, hey, what's new when it comes to government?

And Geo, not that I like this plan at all, but outdoors in public spaces, where everyone can already see you, implies no right to privacy. You can legally film people walking in common areas all day long if you want to because there is no expectation to privacy.

It's stupid, but perfectly legal.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 3:50:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/27/2012 3:08:23 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
Geo, the slippery slope is that cities like Lancaster implementing these measures opens the door to more cities doing this, slowly encroaching more and more into people's lives. At the present time this has nothing to do with "shadowy goverment," it's just the City of Lancaster. Calm down.

It's not a slippery slope because it's not just Lancaster. The entire nation is about to have thousands of drones sent to spy on Americans, this is fact. A team of Congressmen have already vocally expressed concerns about these thousands of spy drones over America. http://www.washingtontimes.com...

It means he takes shreds of truth and stretches it to an illogical extreme.

It has not much to do with logic, either his reports are true or they are false. He admits that he exaggerates the severity of what he is saying, but the meat and potatoes of what he is saying is true, it's in the legislation.

But Alex Jones is absolutely correct when he days that they want to destroy our freedoms and invade our privacy.

There's the:
Patriot Act
Drones on the homeland
RFID chipped IDs, credit cards, cars, and devices
Police using cell phones to track your location
FEMA Camps found throughout the nation
More and more laws, a growing stack
The suspension of due process
UN Treaty that attempts to disarm law abiding citizens in America
TSA checkpoints
Devaluing the currency
The global elites openly and publically calling for New World Order
Bilderberg meetings held illegally and dictating US policy

And the list goes on. Alex Jones is correct, you are wrong.:

There is no "global elite," only marginally good people trying to do the right thing but going about it the wrong way.

You'd have to be incredibly psychopathic to think that enslaving us is the right thing to do. So youre telling me that Harvard Graduate, Constitutional Law professor, Barack Obama accidently violated the Constitution multiple times because of his ignorance? Sorry, doesn't add up. Especially when you consider the fact that his advisor and mentor is an outspoken global fascist, Zbigniew Brzezinski.

Worry about proving that the City of Lancaster is run by puppet masters or concede that you can't.

Local governments tend not to be directly controlled by the global elites but the Federal government has set the precedent and the idea that it's ok to spy on it's citizens.

.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
YYW
Posts: 36,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 5:03:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/27/2012 12:55:02 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 8/27/2012 12:32:47 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 8/27/2012 11:20:05 AM, YYW wrote:
Alex Jones is an -arguably- insane consipracy theorist, David Ike too. But a broken clock is still right twice a day...

You don't understand anything.


That is the best forum response ever.

Not exactly sure what you mean by that. Although I am tempted to believe that you agree with Geo's diagnosis, albeit for different reasons, I am equally tempted to entertain the possibility that you just enjoyed the novelty value of his.... shall we call it "confidence." If it is the former, then lol. If it is the latter, then I felt the same way.
Tsar of DDO
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 7:26:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/27/2012 12:55:02 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 8/27/2012 12:32:47 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 8/27/2012 11:20:05 AM, YYW wrote:
Alex Jones is an -arguably- insane consipracy theorist, David Ike too. But a broken clock is still right twice a day...

You don't understand anything.


That is the best forum response ever.

Anyway, it feels weird that I don't mind this new surveillance measure. I actually appreciate it. I've been a victim of a number of violent crimes in the past and I'm willing to trade off this bit of privacy for added security.

Now I'm off; the slope of this thread seems a bit slippery.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Frederick53
Posts: 1,037
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 9:21:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/27/2012 2:48:59 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
@Geo: Everyone knows that the U.S. harms its own citizens. The CIA conducts experimental studies on prisoners without their consent.

The funny part is that all of the sh!t that the CIA has done is not classified like people think. It's not even a conspiracy. It's public knowledge. Hell, they had a special on CNN about it a few months ago!
In 1975, the Second Vietnam War began -1Historygenius

Like no wonder that indian dude rejected you.- Darkkermit to royalpaladin

Social Darwinism is a justification- 1Historygenius

Equal opportunity exists, so there is no problem- EvanK
ScottyDouglas
Posts: 2,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 9:28:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/27/2012 12:32:47 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 8/27/2012 11:20:05 AM, YYW wrote:
Alex Jones is an -arguably- insane consipracy theorist, David Ike too. But a broken clock is still right twice a day...

You don't understand anything.

The premise is that there is a shadow government controlled by global elites who don't have our best interests in mind, but rather consolidation of power on a global scale. Part of this global plan involves taking our freedoms away, enslavement, and bringing us closer to Big Brother 1984 combined with a more subtle Nazi Germany.

The elites use various means to achieve this, primarily Problem-Reaction-Solution, the Hegelian Dialect applied politically. They create, manipulate, or take advantage of crisis and problems then offer "solutions" which were simply previously desired policies.

You're basically saying "so what Alex Jones was right about Big Brother, even a broken clock is right sometimes." You gotta be kidding me, a big chunk of his entire premise has been proven true.

The only things Alex Jones is wrong about are his predictions concerning the future like what specific staged false flags the government will commit next. He's not psychic so it is to be reasonably expected that his predictions will sometimes be wrong. He knows what the elites agenda is, he knows what they've done in the past to advance their agenda so he guesses what they might do next.

But Alex Jones is absolutely correct when he days that they want to destroy our freedoms and invade our privacy.

There's the:
Patriot Act
Drones on the homeland
RFID chipped IDs, credit cards, cars, and devices
Police using cell phones to track your location
FEMA Camps found throughout the nation
More and more laws, a growing stack
The suspension of due process
UN Treaty that attempts to disarm law abiding citizens in America
TSA checkpoints
Devaluing the currency
The global elites openly and publically calling for New World Order
Bilderberg meetings held illegally and dictating US policy

And the list goes on. Alex Jones is correct, you are wrong.
You are correct GEO. Now connect the dots because they are connectable.
TheAsylum
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 9:32:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/27/2012 10:58:45 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
"The Californian city of Lancaster will be the first to experience a "new era in law enforcement surveillance" with residents set to be watched by a permanent eye in the sky which will beam constant video footage back to police headquarters including crimes in progress as well as "scenes of mundane day-to-day life."

A Cessna plane fitted with sophisticated video surveillance technology will fly loops around the city and send footage directly back to a Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department dispatch center. Officials plan to add a second aircraft to the arsenal at a later date.

According to a report by ABC 7, the camera can zoom in to a person walking down the street from three miles away. The system also has a 5 second response time, meaning it can swiftly pinpoint a car and track its movements indefinitely.

Despite claims that the surveillance system will only target crimes in progress, officials admit that the video footage will be stored for two years and can be reviewed in case a crime or suspect was "unwittingly" captured on camera."

http://www.prisonplanet.com...

Oh wait, I thought Alex Jones was a crazy conspiracy theorist when he said there is a plan to turn us into big brother 1984 police state.



.
.
.
.

Hmmm... that's a place I'll probably never visit...
R0b1Billion
Posts: 3,733
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 9:39:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/27/2012 12:55:02 PM, Maikuru wrote:
I'm willing to trade off this bit of privacy for added security.

More tragic words were never spoken. Epic facepalm.

This is not only a huge step in the wrong direction for Geo's reasoning, but it is a horrible turn of events for environmentalism. Planes use an enormous amount of fuel. You see, for every time you double your speed, you quadruple your wind-resistance. By flying these massive wastes of energy over cities, we are taking a step away from sustainability. Obviously, other cities cannot continue to duplicate this scenario. But nobody thinks in these terms so fuckit I guess.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 9:41:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/27/2012 9:39:28 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
At 8/27/2012 12:55:02 PM, Maikuru wrote:
I'm willing to trade off this bit of privacy for added security.

More tragic words were never spoken. Epic facepalm.

This is not only a huge step in the wrong direction for Geo's reasoning, but it is a horrible turn of events for environmentalism. Planes use an enormous amount of fuel. You see, for every time you double your speed, you quadruple your wind-resistance. By flying these massive wastes of energy over cities, we are taking a step away from sustainability. Obviously, other cities cannot continue to duplicate this scenario. But nobody thinks in these terms so fuckit I guess.

Really? Really? Your problem with this is that it uses too much fuel?
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 9:48:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/27/2012 9:41:00 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 8/27/2012 9:39:28 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
At 8/27/2012 12:55:02 PM, Maikuru wrote:
I'm willing to trade off this bit of privacy for added security.

More tragic words were never spoken. Epic facepalm.

This is not only a huge step in the wrong direction for Geo's reasoning, but it is a horrible turn of events for environmentalism. Planes use an enormous amount of fuel. You see, for every time you double your speed, you quadruple your wind-resistance. By flying these massive wastes of energy over cities, we are taking a step away from sustainability. Obviously, other cities cannot continue to duplicate this scenario. But nobody thinks in these terms so fuckit I guess.

Really? Really? Your problem with this is that it uses too much fuel?

Lolol
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2012 12:21:00 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/27/2012 5:03:25 PM, YYW wrote:
At 8/27/2012 12:55:02 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 8/27/2012 12:32:47 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 8/27/2012 11:20:05 AM, YYW wrote:
Alex Jones is an -arguably- insane consipracy theorist, David Ike too. But a broken clock is still right twice a day...

You don't understand anything.


That is the best forum response ever.

Not exactly sure what you mean by that. Although I am tempted to believe that you agree with Geo's diagnosis, albeit for different reasons, I am equally tempted to entertain the possibility that you just enjoyed the novelty value of his.... shall we call it "confidence." If it is the former, then lol. If it is the latter, then I felt the same way.

I meant the phrase "You don't understand anything" made me laugh my butt off lol.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...