Jump to topic:

Only Run and Vote With Knowledge

Ron-Paul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 12:17:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
WARNING: This is satire. However, it would be nice.

Ever wonder why people like Obama run for office and even get elected? Because half of the population knows NOTHING about the current political situation, economics, or anything of that nature. I propose a Governmental law saying people cannot run or vote without these qualifications:

Can only vote if:

1. You know the laws of supply and demand.
2. You read the Constitution
3. You know what each candidate stands for on each issue.
4. You took Macroeconomics.
5. You understand that no politician is the "magic bullet".
6. You actually know who the fvcking candidate's names are in advance.

Can only run if:

1. You get As in at least 6 economics classes.
2. You ACTUALLY provide transparency.
3. You aren't a bunch of hot air.
4. You read the constitution at least 10 times and get a 100 on a test on it.
5. You provide less than $5 million in personal campaign contributions.
6. You actually know how the fvcking political system works.

We need to pass a law preventing people from running and voting without these qualifications!

P.S. Notice how Obama dosen't fit any of the running qualifications. Johnson 2012!
LaissezFaire
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 12:29:27 PM
I doubt Gary Johnson would pass 1. His degree is in Political Science, and he doesn't seem to know very much about economics. I'd be surprised if he took 6 economics classes in college, much less aced all of them.
Should we subsidize education?
http://www.debate.org...

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 12:32:58 PM
I'd rather have a leader who concedes lack of knowledge and listens to experts on all issues than one who has his own to apply.

I'd rather have the speaker of Parliament in charge of governance than anyone else, in all honesty.

Further, the limitations you give are essentially "You must know X,Y and Z" for facts that the answers depend on actual belief. Let's go through the silliness of your points. Without using the internet to check elsewhere, how many of these questions can you answer:

You know what each candidate stands for on each issue

What is Jill Stein's position on foreign relations with Russia?
What is Gary Johnson's policy regarding American troops deployed in Eastern Europe?
What is Mitt Romney's position on abortion (notice how this changes depending on the wind blowing, and as such any question on this issue instantly means you failed)

Just picking a few. Of course, I'm now ignoring the cost, and still the fact that the majority of economic grads are left-wing, but that's more of an aside.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 12:34:46 PM
Wait... I'm on the great wall? I take my previous comment back...
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Ron-Paul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 12:42:20 PM
At 8/27/2012 12:29:27 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:
I doubt Gary Johnson would pass 1. His degree is in Political Science, and he doesn't seem to know very much about economics. I'd be surprised if he took 6 economics classes in college, much less aced all of them.

You do make an interesting point. Refer to run point 5.
Ron-Paul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 12:42:40 PM
At 8/27/2012 12:42:20 PM, Ron-Paul wrote:
At 8/27/2012 12:29:27 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:

You do make an interesting point. Refer to vote point 5.

Fixed.
Ron-Paul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 12:49:40 PM
At 8/27/2012 12:32:58 PM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
I'd rather have a leader who concedes lack of knowledge and listens to experts on all issues than one who has his own to apply.

Ok. I think we have run point 7: Be willing to compromise.
I'd rather have the speaker of Parliament in charge of governance than anyone else, in all honesty.

Further, the limitations you give are essentially "You must know X,Y and Z" for facts that the answers depend on actual belief. Let's go through the silliness of your points. Without using the internet to check elsewhere, how many of these questions can you answer:

I don't know. I discounted Stein from my vote when I discovered she was running under the Green Party.
What is Gary Johnson's policy regarding American troops deployed in Eastern Europe?
I wonder...
What is Mitt Romney's position on abortion (notice how this changes depending on the wind blowing, and as such any question on this issue instantly means you failed)

I think you pointed out run point 8: No flip-flopping. ESPECIALLY no Romney-style flip-flopping.
Just picking a few. Of course, I'm now ignoring the cost, and still the fact that the majority of economic grads are left-wing, but that's more of an aside.
Another good point, still, I prefer my presidents to have economic knowledge before they craft economic policy.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 12:54:40 PM
At 8/27/2012 12:17:35 PM, Ron-Paul wrote:

Ever wonder why people like Obama run for office and even get elected? Because half of the population knows NOTHING about the current political situation, economics, or anything of that nature. I propose a Governmental law saying people cannot run or vote without these qualifications:

Can only vote if:

Anyone could bullsh*t that

Read it or know it? theres a HUGE difference between the two

Given the huge number of issues and how many people are running this would probably f*ck over 99% of people

Took it or passed it? Also discriminates against immigrants

That completely discriminates against Ron Paul fans!

This one I do agree with

Can only run if:

6? good lord are there even that many?

Does this refer to releasing Tax returns?

I actually like this one a lot

Is the test true/false, multiple choice, or an essay test?

Yeah f*ck that

Like this one too
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 1:06:24 PM

Can only vote if:

Can only run if:

We need to pass a law preventing people from running and voting without these qualifications!

P.S. Notice how Obama dosen't fit any of the running qualifications. Johnson 2012!

Amen to that!!
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 1:11:02 PM
At 8/27/2012 12:49:40 PM, Ron-Paul wrote:

I advocate consensus politics, but adversary politics still is a major chunk of the political community. I don't know how much compromise one could handle.

I don't know. I discounted Stein from my vote when I discovered she was running under the Green Party.

lol.

I wonder...

It's actually quite weird tbh. The point is, though, these are all possible stances that one can be tested on. Try taking the UK citizenship test that was going to be initiated under the tories. I love it.

"Which one of these statements are correct:

Education at state schools in the UK is free and this includes the cost of school uniform etc.

Education at state schools in the UK is free but not school uniform and sportswear"

I want to kick the writer of the question out of the country.

But anyway, take a local citizenship test, and you'd be surprised how badly one does.

http://www.ukcitizenshiptest.co.uk...

I got ten out of twentyfour. I got the questions on the EU all right though! :P

I think you pointed out run point 8: No flip-flopping. ESPECIALLY no Romney-style flip-flopping.

True. But flip-flops could be genuine changes of opinion. It's a bit awkward to say "no contradictions".

Another good point, still, I prefer my presidents to have economic knowledge before they craft economic policy.

I'd prefer my PM to not craft economic policy at all, and let the Chancellor of the exchequer do that.

Ron-Paul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 1:18:08 PM
At 8/27/2012 12:54:40 PM, imabench wrote:

Can only vote if:

Anyone could bullsh*t that

At least they know.
2. You read and know the Constitution

Read it or know it? theres a HUGE difference between the two

Crap. Should have put read and know

Given the huge number of issues and how many people are running this would probably f*ck over 99% of people

I know. Exactly. People need to know more.
4. You took and passed Macroeconomics.

Crap again. Passed. And how does this discriminate? It's not like California is offering free classes to immigrants...

The stupid ones only. The true ones no.

This one I do agree with

Can only run if:

There's at least 66.

Does this refer to releasing Tax returns?

Yes.

I actually like this one a lot

How about all three? Most emphasis on the latter though.

Yeah f*ck that

Why?

Like this one too
Ron-Paul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 1:24:07 PM
At 8/27/2012 1:11:02 PM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
At 8/27/2012 12:49:40 PM, Ron-Paul wrote:

I advocate consensus politics, but adversary politics still is a major chunk of the political community. I don't know how much compromise one could handle.

Good point.

lol.

I wonder...

It's actually quite weird tbh. The point is, though, these are all possible stances that one can be tested on. Try taking the UK citizenship test that was going to be initiated under the tories. I love it.

Lol.
"Which one of these statements are correct:

Education at state schools in the UK is free and this includes the cost of school uniform etc.

True?
Education at state schools in the UK is free but not school uniform and sportswear"

I want to kick the writer of the question out of the country.

But anyway, take a local citizenship test, and you'd be surprised how badly one does.

http://www.ukcitizenshiptest.co.uk...

I got ten out of twentyfour. I got the questions on the EU all right though! :P

I'll have to study up first.

True. But flip-flops could be genuine changes of opinion. It's a bit awkward to say "no contradictions".

Another good point. But you can't deny that Romney' style is overkill.

I'd prefer my PM to not craft economic policy at all, and let the Chancellor of the exchequer do that.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 1:29:43 PM
At 8/27/2012 1:18:08 PM, Ron-Paul wrote:

I wont dispute that but we cant require them to know EVERYTHING otherwise that would eliminate EVERYONE

Crap again. Passed. And how does this discriminate? It's not like California is offering free classes to immigrants...

I mean adult immigrants who come from impoverished Hell-holes who didnt have a chance to take macroeconomics nor have a chance to take a course on it now

Whats the ratio of stupid ones to true ones?

Can only run if:

There's at least 66.

Wouldnt it be better if this was a requirement to head up the FED or to hold the office of OMB rather then the Presidency?

Sounds good to me

Yeah f*ck that

Why?

Who ban someone from running just for paying out of pocket for their own campaign with money they earned?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 1:30:55 PM
This is clearly designed to not make the blacks vote. I like it.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 1:33:26 PM
At 8/27/2012 1:30:55 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
This is clearly designed to not make the blacks vote. I like it.

LOL!

Ron-Paul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 1:36:21 PM
At 8/27/2012 1:29:43 PM, imabench wrote:

I wont dispute that but we cant require them to know EVERYTHING otherwise that would eliminate EVERYONE

Alright. How about most positions about the top four candidates

I mean adult immigrants who come from impoverished Hell-holes who didnt have a chance to take macroeconomics nor have a chance to take a course on it now

See the latter sentence.

Whats the ratio of stupid ones to true ones?

I don't know and I don't want to know.
Can only run if:

There's at least 66.

Wouldnt it be better if this was a requirement to head up the FED or to hold the office of OMB rather then the Presidency?
Now that you mention it, how about all three!

Sounds good to me

Yeah f*ck that

Why?

Who ban someone from running just for paying out of pocket for their own campaign with money they earned?

Because if that were the case, more money=victory, not whichever candidate the people like the best.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 1:40:40 PM
At 8/27/2012 1:36:21 PM, Ron-Paul wrote:

I could go for that

See the latter sentence.

?

Yeah f*ck that

Why?

Because if that were the case, more money=victory, not whichever candidate the people like the best.

More money doesnt always equal victory
http://abcnews.go.com...#

Ron-Paul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 1:42:55 PM
At 8/27/2012 1:40:40 PM, imabench wrote:

I could go for that

See the latter sentence.

?

"It's not like California is offering free college classes to immigrants..."

Yeah f*ck that

Why?

This is correct, yes, but not always. I don't think money should EVER turn the tide of an election.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 1:51:36 PM
At 8/27/2012 1:42:55 PM, Ron-Paul wrote:

See the latter sentence.

?

Not all immigrants live in California....

Yeah f*ck that

Why?

This is correct, yes, but not always. I don't think money should EVER turn the tide of an election.

As noble as that is you cant just take money out of politics.

Ron-Paul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 2:12:54 PM
At 8/27/2012 1:51:36 PM, imabench wrote:
At 8/27/2012 1:42:55 PM, Ron-Paul wrote:

See the latter sentence.

?

Not all immigrants live in California....

I know that, but financial aid is offered everywhere.

Yeah f*ck that

Why?

As noble as that is you cant just take money out of politics.

You did read the warning at the top of my original post, right?