Total Posts:75|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Obama now and then

Microsuck
Posts: 1,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2012 9:00:25 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Obama stated the following in his 2008 campaign:

If you don't have any fresh ideas, then you use stale tactics to scare voters. If you do not have a record to run on then you paint your opponent as someone people should run on.

In 2008, Obama promised not to run any negative ads and now we see that he is running the dirtiest campaign in US history's modern time.

"If you take into account all the people who are struggling for work, or have just stopped looking, the real unemployment rate is over 15 percent."
http://www.politifact.com...

This is an unacceptable number considering Obama predicted the unemployment rate to be only 5.5% by this time. If we continue with the same policies, the unemployment rate will be 9% by next year in the fourth quarter. http://www.cbo.gov...

The economy is an absolute disaster. As Obama himself admits:

If I can't turn this economy around in three years, it will be a one term proposition

How is the economy going to hurt Obama in this election?
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
imabench
Posts: 21,229
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2012 10:16:50 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/28/2012 9:00:25 AM, Microsuck wrote:
Obama stated the following in his 2008 campaign:

If you don't have any fresh ideas, then you use stale tactics to scare voters. If you do not have a record to run on then you paint your opponent as someone people should run on.

So whats your point?

In 2008, Obama promised not to run any negative ads and now we see that he is running the dirtiest campaign in US history's modern time.

You clearly know nothing about Bush's campaign in 2000. He claimed that McCain fathered an indian child or something and adopted her as his own daughter to cover it up, and thats not even the worst of it. Besides, dont act like Mitt Romney is a saint who has never done wrong....

"If you take into account all the people who are struggling for work, or have just stopped looking, the real unemployment rate is over 15 percent."
http://www.politifact.com...

Because Obama totally didnt have a disaster of an economy to deal with when he came into office thanks to the last guy or anything...

This is an unacceptable number considering Obama predicted the unemployment rate to be only 5.5% by this time.

then sue him for being too optimistic

If we continue with the same policies, the unemployment rate will be 9% by next year in the fourth quarter. http://www.cbo.gov...

Unemployment right now is at 8.2% which is much better than it was when the recession bottomed out....

The economy is an absolute disaster. As Obama himself admits:

If I can't turn this economy around in three years, it will be a one term proposition

That doesnt even come close to being an admission of failure. Hell that was said at the beginning of his campaign when he was still running for office and was in reference to the fact that if he couldnt change where we were heading, then hed be f*cked.

How is the economy going to hurt Obama in this election?

Depends on how warped your view of whats going on is
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2012 10:55:21 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/28/2012 10:16:50 AM, imabench wrote:
Unemployment right now is at 8.2% which is much better than it was when the recession bottomed out....

Do you honestly think that people who still don't have work, but no longer qualify for unemployment benefits, shouldn't be considered unemployed?

If you quote U-3, then that's what you are saying. You are saying people who stopped looking because they can't get a job or can't afford to, and people who are looking but not on benefits, don't count.
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
Microsuck
Posts: 1,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2012 11:06:00 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/28/2012 10:16:50 AM, imabench wrote:
At 8/28/2012 9:00:25 AM, Microsuck wrote:
Obama stated the following in his 2008 campaign:

If you don't have any fresh ideas, then you use stale tactics to scare voters. If you do not have a record to run on then you paint your opponent as someone people should run on.

So whats your point?

In 2008, Obama promised not to run any negative ads and now we see that he is running the dirtiest campaign in US history's modern time.

You clearly know nothing about Bush's campaign in 2000. He claimed that McCain fathered an indian child or something and adopted her as his own daughter to cover it up, and thats not even the worst of it. Besides, dont act like Mitt Romney is a saint who has never done wrong....

Newsflash: I do NOT support Romney NOR do I support McCain!
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
Microsuck
Posts: 1,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2012 11:06:25 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/28/2012 11:04:58 AM, Koopin wrote:
Imbench, if Obama was a girl, would you marry her?

Heck no!
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2012 11:07:49 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/28/2012 11:06:00 AM, Microsuck wrote:
Newsflash: I do NOT support Romney NOR do I support McCain!

Well there's your problem!
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
Microsuck
Posts: 1,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2012 11:08:21 AM
Posted: 4 years ago

Unemployment right now is at 8.2% which is much better than it was when the recession bottomed out....

Uh, no. It is worse http://www.debate.org...
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
Microsuck
Posts: 1,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2012 11:09:05 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/28/2012 11:07:49 AM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 8/28/2012 11:06:00 AM, Microsuck wrote:
Newsflash: I do NOT support Romney NOR do I support McCain!

Well there's your problem!

How is it my problem? I support Johnson even if he isn't going to win.
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
imabench
Posts: 21,229
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2012 11:10:46 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/28/2012 10:55:21 AM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 8/28/2012 10:16:50 AM, imabench wrote:
Unemployment right now is at 8.2% which is much better than it was when the recession bottomed out....

Do you honestly think that people who still don't have work, but no longer qualify for unemployment benefits, shouldn't be considered unemployed?

Nope

If you quote U-3, then that's what you are saying.

The reason I quote U-3 is because it can still be used to measure the health of the economy even if it doesnt fit your standards, those standards being anything that doesnt make Obama look good. I know that Republicans will cling to any other measurement of unemployment they can find because they want to discredit Obama rather then do the unthinkable and maybe acknowledge that the economy is making progress in any form at all because its an election year.

The reason I use U-3 is to see if the economy is improving from the past or not, I dont use it for pinpoint accuracy of how the economy is doing right now.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2012 11:11:36 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/28/2012 11:09:05 AM, Microsuck wrote:
At 8/28/2012 11:07:49 AM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 8/28/2012 11:06:00 AM, Microsuck wrote:
Newsflash: I do NOT support Romney NOR do I support McCain!

Well there's your problem!

How is it my problem? I support Johnson even if he isn't going to win.

Eh, in Maryland it's ok. If you were in a state that was anywhere near swing, I would have to hurt you.
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
imabench
Posts: 21,229
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2012 11:11:50 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/28/2012 11:04:58 AM, Koopin wrote:
Imbench, if Obama was a girl, would you marry her?

Not into black chicks, i like white meat ;D
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Posts: 21,229
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2012 11:12:31 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/28/2012 11:06:00 AM, Microsuck wrote:

Newsflash: I do NOT support Romney NOR do I support McCain!

From the other stuff you post about it sure seems like it
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2012 11:12:44 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/28/2012 11:10:46 AM, imabench wrote:
At 8/28/2012 10:55:21 AM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 8/28/2012 10:16:50 AM, imabench wrote:
Unemployment right now is at 8.2% which is much better than it was when the recession bottomed out....

Do you honestly think that people who still don't have work, but no longer qualify for unemployment benefits, shouldn't be considered unemployed?

Nope

If you quote U-3, then that's what you are saying.

The reason I quote U-3 is because it can still be used to measure the health of the economy even if it doesnt fit your standards, those standards being anything that doesnt make Obama look good. I know that Republicans will cling to any other measurement of unemployment they can find because they want to discredit Obama rather then do the unthinkable and maybe acknowledge that the economy is making progress in any form at all because its an election year.

The reason I use U-3 is to see if the economy is improving from the past or not, I dont use it for pinpoint accuracy of how the economy is doing right now.

U-3 doesn't necessarily tell you if things are improving. If another million people fell off unemployment benefits, U3 would go down...

Would that mean we were improving?
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
imabench
Posts: 21,229
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2012 11:16:22 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/28/2012 11:08:21 AM, Microsuck wrote:

Unemployment right now is at 8.2% which is much better than it was when the recession bottomed out....

Uh, no. It is worse http://www.debate.org...

the graph is clearly biased since it doesnt take into account that when Obama took office the economy was still dropping like a rock because of what happened to it under Bush. Obama had to stop the economy from falling before he could start making progress again so comparing unemployment right now to where it was at the start of his term is a pretty sh*tty argument and a hell of a strawman
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Posts: 21,229
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2012 11:17:33 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/28/2012 11:12:44 AM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 8/28/2012 11:10:46 AM, imabench wrote:
At 8/28/2012 10:55:21 AM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 8/28/2012 10:16:50 AM, imabench wrote:
Unemployment right now is at 8.2% which is much better than it was when the recession bottomed out....

Do you honestly think that people who still don't have work, but no longer qualify for unemployment benefits, shouldn't be considered unemployed?

Nope

If you quote U-3, then that's what you are saying.

The reason I quote U-3 is because it can still be used to measure the health of the economy even if it doesnt fit your standards, those standards being anything that doesnt make Obama look good. I know that Republicans will cling to any other measurement of unemployment they can find because they want to discredit Obama rather then do the unthinkable and maybe acknowledge that the economy is making progress in any form at all because its an election year.

The reason I use U-3 is to see if the economy is improving from the past or not, I dont use it for pinpoint accuracy of how the economy is doing right now.

U-3 doesn't necessarily tell you if things are improving. If another million people fell off unemployment benefits, U3 would go down...

Would that mean we were improving?

When your done dealing in hypothetical scenarios let me know so we can have a serious discussion
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2012 11:19:08 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/28/2012 11:17:33 AM, imabench wrote:
At 8/28/2012 11:12:44 AM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 8/28/2012 11:10:46 AM, imabench wrote:
At 8/28/2012 10:55:21 AM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 8/28/2012 10:16:50 AM, imabench wrote:
Unemployment right now is at 8.2% which is much better than it was when the recession bottomed out....

Do you honestly think that people who still don't have work, but no longer qualify for unemployment benefits, shouldn't be considered unemployed?

Nope

If you quote U-3, then that's what you are saying.

The reason I quote U-3 is because it can still be used to measure the health of the economy even if it doesnt fit your standards, those standards being anything that doesnt make Obama look good. I know that Republicans will cling to any other measurement of unemployment they can find because they want to discredit Obama rather then do the unthinkable and maybe acknowledge that the economy is making progress in any form at all because its an election year.

The reason I use U-3 is to see if the economy is improving from the past or not, I dont use it for pinpoint accuracy of how the economy is doing right now.

U-3 doesn't necessarily tell you if things are improving. If another million people fell off unemployment benefits, U3 would go down...

Would that mean we were improving?

When your done dealing in hypothetical scenarios let me know so we can have a serious discussion

It's not a hypothetical at all. Every month more people move from U3 to a different measure. It's happening.

You said you still consider people who are unemployed but not receiving benefits to be unemployed, but you act like things are getting better when they fall off?
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
imabench
Posts: 21,229
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2012 11:25:24 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/28/2012 11:19:08 AM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 8/28/2012 11:17:33 AM, imabench wrote:
At 8/28/2012 11:12:44 AM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 8/28/2012 11:10:46 AM, imabench wrote:
At 8/28/2012 10:55:21 AM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 8/28/2012 10:16:50 AM, imabench wrote:
Unemployment right now is at 8.2% which is much better than it was when the recession bottomed out....

Do you honestly think that people who still don't have work, but no longer qualify for unemployment benefits, shouldn't be considered unemployed?

Nope

If you quote U-3, then that's what you are saying.

The reason I quote U-3 is because it can still be used to measure the health of the economy even if it doesnt fit your standards, those standards being anything that doesnt make Obama look good. I know that Republicans will cling to any other measurement of unemployment they can find because they want to discredit Obama rather then do the unthinkable and maybe acknowledge that the economy is making progress in any form at all because its an election year.

The reason I use U-3 is to see if the economy is improving from the past or not, I dont use it for pinpoint accuracy of how the economy is doing right now.

U-3 doesn't necessarily tell you if things are improving. If another million people fell off unemployment benefits, U3 would go down...

Would that mean we were improving?

When your done dealing in hypothetical scenarios let me know so we can have a serious discussion

It's not a hypothetical at all. Every month more people move from U3 to a different measure. It's happening.

People drop off from it all the time at a constant rate, not in a catastrophic cluster all of a sudden. If the same amount of people dropped off 6 months ago as the same amount who dropped off last month and the U-3 is still going down then that is an argument that things are in some sense improving

You said you still consider people who are unemployed but not receiving benefits to be unemployed, but you act like things are getting better when they fall off?

No idiot, im not saying that at all. When people fall off then that doesnt mean things are getting better and I never claimed it did. The fact is that people fall off all the time and if the number of people falling off remains the same for a period of time while the U-3 improves in the same amount of time, then that can be considered an improvement or at least a lessening in how fast things are worsening
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2012 11:28:02 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/28/2012 11:25:24 AM, imabench wrote:
At 8/28/2012 11:19:08 AM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 8/28/2012 11:17:33 AM, imabench wrote:
At 8/28/2012 11:12:44 AM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 8/28/2012 11:10:46 AM, imabench wrote:
At 8/28/2012 10:55:21 AM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 8/28/2012 10:16:50 AM, imabench wrote:
Unemployment right now is at 8.2% which is much better than it was when the recession bottomed out....

Do you honestly think that people who still don't have work, but no longer qualify for unemployment benefits, shouldn't be considered unemployed?

Nope

If you quote U-3, then that's what you are saying.

The reason I quote U-3 is because it can still be used to measure the health of the economy even if it doesnt fit your standards, those standards being anything that doesnt make Obama look good. I know that Republicans will cling to any other measurement of unemployment they can find because they want to discredit Obama rather then do the unthinkable and maybe acknowledge that the economy is making progress in any form at all because its an election year.

The reason I use U-3 is to see if the economy is improving from the past or not, I dont use it for pinpoint accuracy of how the economy is doing right now.

U-3 doesn't necessarily tell you if things are improving. If another million people fell off unemployment benefits, U3 would go down...

Would that mean we were improving?

When your done dealing in hypothetical scenarios let me know so we can have a serious discussion

It's not a hypothetical at all. Every month more people move from U3 to a different measure. It's happening.

People drop off from it all the time at a constant rate, not in a catastrophic cluster all of a sudden. If the same amount of people dropped off 6 months ago as the same amount who dropped off last month and the U-3 is still going down then that is an argument that things are in some sense improving

But you don't want to talk about it, you just want to use U3.

U3 doesn't mean the same thing it meant in the past. It's relationship to the other measures is changed, and you can't get the full picture just by looking at it.

But, go ahead and look at U3. Watch it tick all the way back up to 8.9% this year, and keep telling yourself things are getting better.

You said you still consider people who are unemployed but not receiving benefits to be unemployed, but you act like things are getting better when they fall off?

No idiot, im not saying that at all. When people fall off then that doesnt mean things are getting better and I never claimed it did. The fact is that people fall off all the time and if the number of people falling off remains the same for a period of time while the U-3 improves in the same amount of time, then that can be considered an improvement or at least a lessening in how fast things are worsening

well who is talking hypotheticals now? If the same number of people... lol
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2012 11:35:15 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Here you go Imabench, cause things are getting so much better.

U6 is up 0.5 percent from April to July.
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
imabench
Posts: 21,229
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2012 11:35:27 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/28/2012 11:28:02 AM, JaxsonRaine wrote:

But you don't want to talk about it, you just want to use U3.

Cause it still is good for something....

U3 doesn't mean the same thing it meant in the past. It's relationship to the other measures is changed, and you can't get the full picture just by looking at it.

Im not trying to get the full picture, im just looking to see if things are going better or worse

But, go ahead and look at U3. Watch it tick all the way back up to 8.9% this year, and keep telling yourself things are getting better.

Well you see in math you learn that 8.9% is higher than 8.2%, so if the U-3 does go up to 8.9% then I know it means things are not getting better, and implying that I dont only makes you look like a d*ck


You said you still consider people who are unemployed but not receiving benefits to be unemployed, but you act like things are getting better when they fall off?

No idiot, im not saying that at all. When people fall off then that doesnt mean things are getting better and I never claimed it did. The fact is that people fall off all the time and if the number of people falling off remains the same for a period of time while the U-3 improves in the same amount of time, then that can be considered an improvement or at least a lessening in how fast things are worsening

well who is talking hypotheticals now? If the same number of people... lol

if you would like to provide a table showing that there is a much larger number of people dropping out of the workforce this month then five or six months ago then I would happily eat my own words. If you dont then I have no reason to believe that my assumption is false or that your theory is true
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Posts: 21,229
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2012 11:36:37 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/28/2012 11:29:06 AM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 8/28/2012 11:25:24 AM, imabench wrote:
No idiot,

I now officially hate you, flame on moron.

join the club, you'll fit right in with scotty douglas and godsconservativegirl (not the best people to be compared to)
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Posts: 21,229
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2012 11:38:43 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/28/2012 11:35:15 AM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
Here you go Imabench, cause things are getting so much better.

U6 is up 0.5 percent from April to July.

Use to be north of 16% but its come down a bit since then wouldnt you agree?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2012 11:39:41 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/28/2012 11:35:27 AM, imabench wrote:
At 8/28/2012 11:28:02 AM, JaxsonRaine wrote:

But you don't want to talk about it, you just want to use U3.

Cause it still is good for something....

U3 doesn't mean the same thing it meant in the past. It's relationship to the other measures is changed, and you can't get the full picture just by looking at it.

Im not trying to get the full picture, im just looking to see if things are going better or worse

LOL!

HAHAHAHAHHAAH

SIGGGEDDDDDD

You don't care if the employment situation in America is getting better, YOU JUST CARE IF U3 GOES DOWN! lol.

But, go ahead and look at U3. Watch it tick all the way back up to 8.9% this year, and keep telling yourself things are getting better.

Well you see in math you learn that 8.9% is higher than 8.2%, so if the U-3 does go up to 8.9% then I know it means things are not getting better, and implying that I dont only makes you look like a d*ck

Again. Just because U3 goes down DOESN'T MEAN THINGS ARE GETTING BETTER.

You admitted you purposefully don't want the big picture, you just want to know if U3 is getting better. That's nothing short of dishonesty.


You said you still consider people who are unemployed but not receiving benefits to be unemployed, but you act like things are getting better when they fall off?

No idiot, im not saying that at all. When people fall off then that doesnt mean things are getting better and I never claimed it did. The fact is that people fall off all the time and if the number of people falling off remains the same for a period of time while the U-3 improves in the same amount of time, then that can be considered an improvement or at least a lessening in how fast things are worsening

well who is talking hypotheticals now? If the same number of people... lol

if you would like to provide a table showing that there is a much larger number of people dropping out of the workforce this month then five or six months ago then I would happily eat my own words. If you dont then I have no reason to believe that my assumption is false or that your theory is true

Ah, gotcha.

You're right, with no BoP. I'm wrong, with all the BoP.

WTH is wrong with you?
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2012 11:42:52 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/28/2012 11:38:43 AM, imabench wrote:
At 8/28/2012 11:35:15 AM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
Here you go Imabench, cause things are getting so much better.

U6 is up 0.5 percent from April to July.

Use to be north of 16% but its come down a bit since then wouldnt you agree?

Yeah, it did used to be north of 16%.

Now it's on its way back up.

Your point is: "Well, things are getting worse, but that doesn't matter because they've been worse in the past."

So sad...

Let me tell you something about markets. When there is a big move one way, there is almost always a bounce back the other way. Even if the trend is continuing, you always get these little correctional movements.

Your strategy is to pick a very limited short-term trend, and say we are still below a recent high, so things are looking better.
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
imabench
Posts: 21,229
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2012 11:43:57 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/28/2012 11:39:41 AM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 8/28/2012 11:35:27 AM, imabench wrote:
At 8/28/2012 11:28:02 AM, JaxsonRaine wrote:

But you don't want to talk about it, you just want to use U3.

Cause it still is good for something....

U3 doesn't mean the same thing it meant in the past. It's relationship to the other measures is changed, and you can't get the full picture just by looking at it.

Im not trying to get the full picture, im just looking to see if things are going better or worse

LOL!

HAHAHAHAHHAAH

SIGGGEDDDDDD

You don't care if the employment situation in America is getting better, YOU JUST CARE IF U3 GOES DOWN! lol.

You really are an idiot if THAT is what you got from what I said

But, go ahead and look at U3. Watch it tick all the way back up to 8.9% this year, and keep telling yourself things are getting better.

Well you see in math you learn that 8.9% is higher than 8.2%, so if the U-3 does go up to 8.9% then I know it means things are not getting better, and implying that I dont only makes you look like a d*ck

Again. Just because U3 goes down DOESN'T MEAN THINGS ARE GETTING BETTER.

You admitted you purposefully don't want the big picture, you just want to know if U3 is getting better. That's nothing short of dishonesty.

Well then sue me for looking at things compared to how they were 6 months ago instead of the whole 3 and a half years....

You said you still consider people who are unemployed but not receiving benefits to be unemployed, but you act like things are getting better when they fall off?

No idiot, im not saying that at all. When people fall off then that doesnt mean things are getting better and I never claimed it did. The fact is that people fall off all the time and if the number of people falling off remains the same for a period of time while the U-3 improves in the same amount of time, then that can be considered an improvement or at least a lessening in how fast things are worsening

well who is talking hypotheticals now? If the same number of people... lol

if you would like to provide a table showing that there is a much larger number of people dropping out of the workforce this month then five or six months ago then I would happily eat my own words. If you dont then I have no reason to believe that my assumption is false or that your theory is true

Ah, gotcha.

You're right, with no BoP. I'm wrong, with all the BoP.

Well why would I trust the hypothetical opinion of you who most people dont take seriously more than my own which have no evidence against them?

WTH is wrong with you?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
TheHitchslap
Posts: 1,231
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2012 11:46:09 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/28/2012 11:06:25 AM, Microsuck wrote:
At 8/28/2012 11:04:58 AM, Koopin wrote:
Microsuck, if Obama was a girl, would you marry her?

Heck yes! Hell it wouldn't even matter if he was a girl! I need to add some mocha in the family latte anyways!

Fix'd
Thank you for voting!
imabench
Posts: 21,229
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2012 11:48:04 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/28/2012 11:42:52 AM, JaxsonRaine wrote:

Your strategy is to pick a very limited short-term trend, and say we are still below a recent high, so things are looking better.

better than before =/= better overall and i dont claim that it is nor have I said that it does in the past (how many words do you put in my mouth on any given post?)
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2012 11:49:43 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/28/2012 11:43:57 AM, imabench wrote:
You really are an idiot if THAT is what you got from what I said

No, you only care about how U3 changes, without looking at the movement to other indicators. That means you don't care about the real situation.

Idiot.

Well then sue me for looking at things compared to how they were 6 months ago instead of the whole 3 and a half years....

Like I said, selective time frame.

The last 3-4 months isn't a valid time frame. The last 3.5 years isn't a valid time frame.

The only valid time frame for you is the highest point til now, right? Just whatever makes Obama look best.

Well why would I trust the hypothetical opinion of you who most people dont take seriously more than my own which have no evidence against them?

Haha, nice. You ignore BoP, and resort not only to ad hominem, but actually using ad hominem as the basis of your reasoning for not needing to meet BoP!

Classic.
twocupcakes: 15 = 13