Total Posts:73|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

These RNC speeches are disturbing

000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2012 9:07:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
They're lying through their teeth, and the idiotic audience stands up and claps like they don't know what the speaker just did. For some reason I expected much better from John McCain and Mike Huckabee, but their speeches were vacuous attacks on the president and shameless pandering through applause lines. McCain repudiates Obama's foreign policy record (probably the most stellar accomplishment in conflict avoidance and quick action under this administration), asking for MORE INTERVENTION in the Middle East. And then what the hell do you make of this quote by Huckabee "President Obama finds human life disposable and expendable at any time even beyond the womb"?!!?

Don't ever attack Democrats for staging a false war on women because Republicans are openly staging a false war on religion! They take a secular administration with no special treatment of Christian ethics as an attack on religious freedom. They claim that Obama is stripping gun rights when he's actually INCREASED them more than the past administration. They claim that Obama did nothing about illegal immigration (that dishonest governor of Arizona), when he did MORE than the Bush Administration, and when pressured with that revelation, Jane Brewer was forced to reel back on the comment.

God I'm glad the DNC comes after the RNC, let America end these conventions with refreshing truth.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2012 9:14:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
They don't even talk about Romney/Ryan in their speeches. They talk about themselves 50% of the time, then tear down Obama the other 50%
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Frederick53
Posts: 1,037
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2012 9:15:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I heard McCain's speech on the radio, and I was a bit thrown off by his blind interventionist sentiment, but at least his heart seems to be in the right place... I guess.
In 1975, the Second Vietnam War began -1Historygenius

Like no wonder that indian dude rejected you.- Darkkermit to royalpaladin

Social Darwinism is a justification- 1Historygenius

Equal opportunity exists, so there is no problem- EvanK
jat93
Posts: 1,440
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2012 9:18:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/29/2012 9:07:01 PM, 000ike wrote:
They're lying through their teeth, and the idiotic audience stands up and claps like they don't know what the speaker just did. For some reason I expected much better from John McCain and Mike Huckabee, but their speeches were vacuous attacks on the president and shameless pandering through applause lines. McCain repudiates Obama's foreign policy record (probably the most stellar accomplishment in conflict avoidance and quick action under this administration), asking for MORE INTERVENTION in the Middle East. And then what the hell do you make of this quote by Huckabee "President Obama finds human life disposable and expendable at any time even beyond the womb"?!!?

Don't ever attack Democrats for staging a false war on women because Republicans are openly staging a false war on religion! They take a secular administration with no special treatment of Christian ethics as an attack on religious freedom. They claim that Obama is stripping gun rights when he's actually INCREASED them more than the past administration. They claim that Obama did nothing about illegal immigration (that dishonest governor of Arizona), when he did MORE than the Bush Administration, and when pressured with that revelation, Jane Brewer was forced to reel back on the comment.

God I'm glad the DNC comes after the RNC, let America end these conventions with refreshing truth.

Did you expect anything different?

And just out of curiosity, do you think the DNC is any less full of shameless pandering, and ad hominem/inaccurate attacks on the President when a Republican is in office regardless of what the President has actually done?

Welcome to politics. Parties want to appeal to their mostly ignorant and gullible bases by repeating easily remembered, succinct, and if need be, exaggerated or inaccurate attacks on the other side. It's the name of the game, and it's one any party has to play in order to win elections, particularly so in America.
thett3
Posts: 14,378
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2012 10:24:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/29/2012 9:18:37 PM, jat93 wrote:
At 8/29/2012 9:07:01 PM, 000ike wrote:
They're lying through their teeth, and the idiotic audience stands up and claps like they don't know what the speaker just did. For some reason I expected much better from John McCain and Mike Huckabee, but their speeches were vacuous attacks on the president and shameless pandering through applause lines. McCain repudiates Obama's foreign policy record (probably the most stellar accomplishment in conflict avoidance and quick action under this administration), asking for MORE INTERVENTION in the Middle East. And then what the hell do you make of this quote by Huckabee "President Obama finds human life disposable and expendable at any time even beyond the womb"?!!?

Don't ever attack Democrats for staging a false war on women because Republicans are openly staging a false war on religion! They take a secular administration with no special treatment of Christian ethics as an attack on religious freedom. They claim that Obama is stripping gun rights when he's actually INCREASED them more than the past administration. They claim that Obama did nothing about illegal immigration (that dishonest governor of Arizona), when he did MORE than the Bush Administration, and when pressured with that revelation, Jane Brewer was forced to reel back on the comment.

God I'm glad the DNC comes after the RNC, let America end these conventions with refreshing truth.

Did you expect anything different?

And just out of curiosity, do you think the DNC is any less full of shameless pandering, and ad hominem/inaccurate attacks on the President when a Republican is in office regardless of what the President has actually done?

Welcome to politics. Parties want to appeal to their mostly ignorant and gullible bases by repeating easily remembered, succinct, and if need be, exaggerated or inaccurate attacks on the other side. It's the name of the game, and it's one any party has to play in order to win elections, particularly so in America.

This x100. If you actually think that any politician actually believes half the bullsh1t that comes out of their mouths, you have another thing coming. Idiots believe in idiotic things. The majority of people are idiots, hence idiotic things will be said to appeal to voters
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
imabench
Posts: 21,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2012 10:25:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
what do you think would happen at the greatest republican circle jerking of the last four years?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Aaronroy
Posts: 749
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2012 10:28:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/29/2012 9:07:01 PM, 000ike wrote:
They're lying through their teeth, and the idiotic audience stands up and claps like they don't know what the speaker just did. For some reason I expected much better from John McCain and Mike Huckabee, but their speeches were vacuous attacks on the president and shameless pandering through applause lines. McCain repudiates Obama's foreign policy record (probably the most stellar accomplishment in conflict avoidance and quick action under this administration), asking for MORE INTERVENTION in the Middle East. And then what the hell do you make of this quote by Huckabee "President Obama finds human life disposable and expendable at any time even beyond the womb"?!!?

I guess, by default, this also includes HistoryGenius. xD
Don't ever attack Democrats for staging a false war on women because Republicans are openly staging a false war on religion! They take a secular administration with no special treatment of Christian ethics as an attack on religious freedom. They claim that Obama is stripping gun rights when he's actually INCREASED them more than the past administration. They claim that Obama did nothing about illegal immigration (that dishonest governor of Arizona), when he did MORE than the Bush Administration, and when pressured with that revelation, Jane Brewer was forced to reel back on the comment.

God I'm glad the DNC comes after the RNC, let America end these conventions with refreshing truth.
turn down for h'what
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2012 10:29:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/29/2012 9:18:37 PM, jat93 wrote:
At 8/29/2012 9:07:01 PM, 000ike wrote:
They're lying through their teeth, and the idiotic audience stands up and claps like they don't know what the speaker just did. For some reason I expected much better from John McCain and Mike Huckabee, but their speeches were vacuous attacks on the president and shameless pandering through applause lines. McCain repudiates Obama's foreign policy record (probably the most stellar accomplishment in conflict avoidance and quick action under this administration), asking for MORE INTERVENTION in the Middle East. And then what the hell do you make of this quote by Huckabee "President Obama finds human life disposable and expendable at any time even beyond the womb"?!!?

Don't ever attack Democrats for staging a false war on women because Republicans are openly staging a false war on religion! They take a secular administration with no special treatment of Christian ethics as an attack on religious freedom. They claim that Obama is stripping gun rights when he's actually INCREASED them more than the past administration. They claim that Obama did nothing about illegal immigration (that dishonest governor of Arizona), when he did MORE than the Bush Administration, and when pressured with that revelation, Jane Brewer was forced to reel back on the comment.

God I'm glad the DNC comes after the RNC, let America end these conventions with refreshing truth.

Did you expect anything different?

And just out of curiosity, do you think the DNC is any less full of shameless pandering, and ad hominem/inaccurate attacks on the President when a Republican is in office regardless of what the President has actually done?

Welcome to politics. Parties want to appeal to their mostly ignorant and gullible bases by repeating easily remembered, succinct, and if need be, exaggerated or inaccurate attacks on the other side. It's the name of the game, and it's one any party has to play in order to win elections, particularly so in America.

Yeah, but there's a difference between exaggerated facts/talking points and boldface lies. The Republican party this election cycle doesn't seem to be able to tell the difference.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2012 10:35:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/29/2012 9:07:01 PM, 000ike wrote:
They're lying through their teeth, and the idiotic audience stands up and claps like they don't know what the speaker just did. For some reason I expected much better from John McCain and Mike Huckabee, but their speeches were vacuous attacks on the president and shameless pandering through applause lines. McCain repudiates Obama's foreign policy record (probably the most stellar accomplishment in conflict avoidance and quick action under this administration), asking for MORE INTERVENTION in the Middle East. And then what the hell do you make of this quote by Huckabee "President Obama finds human life disposable and expendable at any time even beyond the womb"?!!?

Don't ever attack Democrats for staging a false war on women because Republicans are openly staging a false war on religion! They take a secular administration with no special treatment of Christian ethics as an attack on religious freedom. They claim that Obama is stripping gun rights when he's actually INCREASED them more than the past administration. They claim that Obama did nothing about illegal immigration (that dishonest governor of Arizona), when he did MORE than the Bush Administration, and when pressured with that revelation, Jane Brewer was forced to reel back on the comment.


He hasn't done anything regarding gun policy...

God I'm glad the DNC comes after the RNC, let America end these conventions with refreshing truth.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2012 10:39:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/29/2012 10:35:30 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 8/29/2012 9:07:01 PM, 000ike wrote:
They're lying through their teeth, and the idiotic audience stands up and claps like they don't know what the speaker just did. For some reason I expected much better from John McCain and Mike Huckabee, but their speeches were vacuous attacks on the president and shameless pandering through applause lines. McCain repudiates Obama's foreign policy record (probably the most stellar accomplishment in conflict avoidance and quick action under this administration), asking for MORE INTERVENTION in the Middle East. And then what the hell do you make of this quote by Huckabee "President Obama finds human life disposable and expendable at any time even beyond the womb"?!!?

Don't ever attack Democrats for staging a false war on women because Republicans are openly staging a false war on religion! They take a secular administration with no special treatment of Christian ethics as an attack on religious freedom. They claim that Obama is stripping gun rights when he's actually INCREASED them more than the past administration. They claim that Obama did nothing about illegal immigration (that dishonest governor of Arizona), when he did MORE than the Bush Administration, and when pressured with that revelation, Jane Brewer was forced to reel back on the comment.


He hasn't done anything regarding gun policy...

The fact that he supported a Congressional bill to allow the carry of firearms on national parks immediately comes to mind. There's a lot more dude

God I'm glad the DNC comes after the RNC, let America end these conventions with refreshing truth.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Contra
Posts: 3,941
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2012 10:41:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/29/2012 10:28:54 PM, Aaronroy wrote:
At 8/29/2012 9:07:01 PM, 000ike wrote:
They're lying through their teeth, and the idiotic audience stands up and claps like they don't know what the speaker just did. For some reason I expected much better from John McCain and Mike Huckabee, but their speeches were vacuous attacks on the president and shameless pandering through applause lines. McCain repudiates Obama's foreign policy record (probably the most stellar accomplishment in conflict avoidance and quick action under this administration), asking for MORE INTERVENTION in the Middle East. And then what the hell do you make of this quote by Huckabee "President Obama finds human life disposable and expendable at any time even beyond the womb"?!!?

I guess, by default, this also includes HistoryGenius. xD

Hilarious :D

Don't ever attack Democrats for staging a false war on women because Republicans are openly staging a false war on religion! They take a secular administration with no special treatment of Christian ethics as an attack on religious freedom. They claim that Obama is stripping gun rights when he's actually INCREASED them more than the past administration. They claim that Obama did nothing about illegal immigration (that dishonest governor of Arizona), when he did MORE than the Bush Administration, and when pressured with that revelation, Jane Brewer was forced to reel back on the comment.

God I'm glad the DNC comes after the RNC, let America end these conventions with refreshing truth.

I can't tell if this is ironic or not. That's a sad reality.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2012 10:48:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/29/2012 10:39:13 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 8/29/2012 10:35:30 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 8/29/2012 9:07:01 PM, 000ike wrote:
They're lying through their teeth, and the idiotic audience stands up and claps like they don't know what the speaker just did. For some reason I expected much better from John McCain and Mike Huckabee, but their speeches were vacuous attacks on the president and shameless pandering through applause lines. McCain repudiates Obama's foreign policy record (probably the most stellar accomplishment in conflict avoidance and quick action under this administration), asking for MORE INTERVENTION in the Middle East. And then what the hell do you make of this quote by Huckabee "President Obama finds human life disposable and expendable at any time even beyond the womb"?!!?

Don't ever attack Democrats for staging a false war on women because Republicans are openly staging a false war on religion! They take a secular administration with no special treatment of Christian ethics as an attack on religious freedom. They claim that Obama is stripping gun rights when he's actually INCREASED them more than the past administration. They claim that Obama did nothing about illegal immigration (that dishonest governor of Arizona), when he did MORE than the Bush Administration, and when pressured with that revelation, Jane Brewer was forced to reel back on the comment.


He hasn't done anything regarding gun policy...

The fact that he supported a Congressional bill to allow the carry of firearms on national parks immediately comes to mind. There's a lot more dude

The point is no bill needed to be passed, it should have been a right already...

and

--Obama voted to allow reckless lawsuits against the gun industry (so you can sue Springfield because you accidentally killed your friend...)
--He ants to re-impose the assault weapons ban
--endorsed 500% increase in gun taxes
--has endorsed complete bans on handguns
--Supports gun registration
--Thinks gun stores within 5 miles of a park should be banned
--Supports micro-stamping
--supports mandatory gun training (you need to get trained if you want a gun)


God I'm glad the DNC comes after the RNC, let America end these conventions with refreshing truth.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
jat93
Posts: 1,440
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2012 10:52:06 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/29/2012 10:29:32 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 8/29/2012 9:18:37 PM, jat93 wrote:
At 8/29/2012 9:07:01 PM, 000ike wrote:
They're lying through their teeth, and the idiotic audience stands up and claps like they don't know what the speaker just did. For some reason I expected much better from John McCain and Mike Huckabee, but their speeches were vacuous attacks on the president and shameless pandering through applause lines. McCain repudiates Obama's foreign policy record (probably the most stellar accomplishment in conflict avoidance and quick action under this administration), asking for MORE INTERVENTION in the Middle East. And then what the hell do you make of this quote by Huckabee "President Obama finds human life disposable and expendable at any time even beyond the womb"?!!?

Don't ever attack Democrats for staging a false war on women because Republicans are openly staging a false war on religion! They take a secular administration with no special treatment of Christian ethics as an attack on religious freedom. They claim that Obama is stripping gun rights when he's actually INCREASED them more than the past administration. They claim that Obama did nothing about illegal immigration (that dishonest governor of Arizona), when he did MORE than the Bush Administration, and when pressured with that revelation, Jane Brewer was forced to reel back on the comment.

God I'm glad the DNC comes after the RNC, let America end these conventions with refreshing truth.

Did you expect anything different?

And just out of curiosity, do you think the DNC is any less full of shameless pandering, and ad hominem/inaccurate attacks on the President when a Republican is in office regardless of what the President has actually done?

Welcome to politics. Parties want to appeal to their mostly ignorant and gullible bases by repeating easily remembered, succinct, and if need be, exaggerated or inaccurate attacks on the other side. It's the name of the game, and it's one any party has to play in order to win elections, particularly so in America.

Yeah, but there's a difference between exaggerated facts/talking points and boldface lies. The Republican party this election cycle doesn't seem to be able to tell the difference.

Most of them know the difference, they just don't care about it.

Then again, you also have the Democrats attacking Romney's business record as if he came into Bain Capital and treated workers like Hitler treated the Jews, accusing him of literally murdering a woman, saying that Romney's (non-existent or very minor) proposed spending cuts will worsen the economy and destroy Medicare forever, tying him to Todd Akin, asserting Romney hasn't paid any taxes for a decade... Both parties are practicing extreme and vicious negative campaigning full of ad hominems and attacking things that have nothing to do with the case for/against someone being President.

And in some things there might be a tiny sliver of truth but, like Republican attacks on Romney, it's mostly exaggerated. My point is I don't see any reason to believe that what you describe is exclusively limited to Republicans. Note: I am not defending Romney or the Republican Party by any means.
jat93
Posts: 1,440
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2012 10:54:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/29/2012 10:52:06 PM, jat93 wrote:
At 8/29/2012 10:29:32 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 8/29/2012 9:18:37 PM, jat93 wrote:
At 8/29/2012 9:07:01 PM, 000ike wrote:
They're lying through their teeth, and the idiotic audience stands up and claps like they don't know what the speaker just did. For some reason I expected much better from John McCain and Mike Huckabee, but their speeches were vacuous attacks on the president and shameless pandering through applause lines. McCain repudiates Obama's foreign policy record (probably the most stellar accomplishment in conflict avoidance and quick action under this administration), asking for MORE INTERVENTION in the Middle East. And then what the hell do you make of this quote by Huckabee "President Obama finds human life disposable and expendable at any time even beyond the womb"?!!?

Don't ever attack Democrats for staging a false war on women because Republicans are openly staging a false war on religion! They take a secular administration with no special treatment of Christian ethics as an attack on religious freedom. They claim that Obama is stripping gun rights when he's actually INCREASED them more than the past administration. They claim that Obama did nothing about illegal immigration (that dishonest governor of Arizona), when he did MORE than the Bush Administration, and when pressured with that revelation, Jane Brewer was forced to reel back on the comment.

God I'm glad the DNC comes after the RNC, let America end these conventions with refreshing truth.

Did you expect anything different?

And just out of curiosity, do you think the DNC is any less full of shameless pandering, and ad hominem/inaccurate attacks on the President when a Republican is in office regardless of what the President has actually done?

Welcome to politics. Parties want to appeal to their mostly ignorant and gullible bases by repeating easily remembered, succinct, and if need be, exaggerated or inaccurate attacks on the other side. It's the name of the game, and it's one any party has to play in order to win elections, particularly so in America.

Yeah, but there's a difference between exaggerated facts/talking points and boldface lies. The Republican party this election cycle doesn't seem to be able to tell the difference.

Most of them know the difference, they just don't care about it.

Then again, you also have the Democrats attacking Romney's business record as if he came into Bain Capital and treated workers like Hitler treated the Jews, accusing him of literally murdering a woman, saying that Romney's (non-existent or very minor) proposed spending cuts will worsen the economy and destroy Medicare forever, tying him to Todd Akin, asserting Romney hasn't paid any taxes for a decade... Both parties are practicing extreme and vicious negative campaigning full of ad hominems and attacking things that have nothing to do with the case for/against someone being President.

And in some things there might be a tiny sliver of truth but, like Republican attacks on Obama, it's mostly exaggerated. My point is I don't see any reason to believe that what you describe is exclusively limited to Republicans. Note: I am not defending Romney or the Republican Party by any means.

Of course I meant like Republican attacks on Obama not on Romney
Frederick53
Posts: 1,037
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2012 12:09:04 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/29/2012 10:48:44 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 8/29/2012 10:39:13 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 8/29/2012 10:35:30 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 8/29/2012 9:07:01 PM, 000ike wrote:
They're lying through their teeth, and the idiotic audience stands up and claps like they don't know what the speaker just did. For some reason I expected much better from John McCain and Mike Huckabee, but their speeches were vacuous attacks on the president and shameless pandering through applause lines. McCain repudiates Obama's foreign policy record (probably the most stellar accomplishment in conflict avoidance and quick action under this administration), asking for MORE INTERVENTION in the Middle East. And then what the hell do you make of this quote by Huckabee "President Obama finds human life disposable and expendable at any time even beyond the womb"?!!?

Don't ever attack Democrats for staging a false war on women because Republicans are openly staging a false war on religion! They take a secular administration with no special treatment of Christian ethics as an attack on religious freedom. They claim that Obama is stripping gun rights when he's actually INCREASED them more than the past administration. They claim that Obama did nothing about illegal immigration (that dishonest governor of Arizona), when he did MORE than the Bush Administration, and when pressured with that revelation, Jane Brewer was forced to reel back on the comment.


He hasn't done anything regarding gun policy...

The fact that he supported a Congressional bill to allow the carry of firearms on national parks immediately comes to mind. There's a lot more dude

The point is no bill needed to be passed, it should have been a right already...

and

--Obama voted to allow reckless lawsuits against the gun industry (so you can sue Springfield because you accidentally killed your friend...)
--He ants to re-impose the assault weapons ban
--endorsed 500% increase in gun taxes
--has endorsed complete bans on handguns
--Supports gun registration
--Thinks gun stores within 5 miles of a park should be banned
--Supports micro-stamping
--supports mandatory gun training (you need to get trained if you want a gun)


God I'm glad the DNC comes after the RNC, let America end these conventions with refreshing truth.

And he has not acted on ANY of those things, and there is nothing to suggest that he'll pay any more attention to gun rights in his possible second term than he did in his first. Can't you just accept that on certain issues Obama is not as hard leftist as you think he is? If anything, he's resisting a massive wave of outcry from his own party to increase regulation of guns and he's taking a lot of flak for not doing anything about it.
In 1975, the Second Vietnam War began -1Historygenius

Like no wonder that indian dude rejected you.- Darkkermit to royalpaladin

Social Darwinism is a justification- 1Historygenius

Equal opportunity exists, so there is no problem- EvanK
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2012 1:02:51 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I actually set aside some time to listen to the headliners. Then Ann Romney came on and completely derailed that plan. The woman delivered the most robotic, unsettling speech I've ever seen. She is a literal Stepford wife.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
adontimasu
Posts: 93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2012 1:54:40 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/29/2012 10:48:44 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 8/29/2012 10:39:13 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 8/29/2012 10:35:30 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 8/29/2012 9:07:01 PM, 000ike wrote:
They're lying through their teeth, and the idiotic audience stands up and claps like they don't know what the speaker just did. For some reason I expected much better from John McCain and Mike Huckabee, but their speeches were vacuous attacks on the president and shameless pandering through applause lines. McCain repudiates Obama's foreign policy record (probably the most stellar accomplishment in conflict avoidance and quick action under this administration), asking for MORE INTERVENTION in the Middle East. And then what the hell do you make of this quote by Huckabee "President Obama finds human life disposable and expendable at any time even beyond the womb"?!!?

Don't ever attack Democrats for staging a false war on women because Republicans are openly staging a false war on religion! They take a secular administration with no special treatment of Christian ethics as an attack on religious freedom. They claim that Obama is stripping gun rights when he's actually INCREASED them more than the past administration. They claim that Obama did nothing about illegal immigration (that dishonest governor of Arizona), when he did MORE than the Bush Administration, and when pressured with that revelation, Jane Brewer was forced to reel back on the comment.


He hasn't done anything regarding gun policy...

The fact that he supported a Congressional bill to allow the carry of firearms on national parks immediately comes to mind. There's a lot more dude

The point is no bill needed to be passed, it should have been a right already...

and

--Obama voted to allow reckless lawsuits against the gun industry (so you can sue Springfield because you accidentally killed your friend...)
--He ants to re-impose the assault weapons ban
--endorsed 500% increase in gun taxes
--has endorsed complete bans on handguns
--Supports gun registration
--Thinks gun stores within 5 miles of a park should be banned
--Supports micro-stamping
--supports mandatory gun training (you need to get trained if you want a gun)

Some of which seems reasonable. Although, my only real agreement is mandatory gun training (because someone should not have a gun if they can't even fire it straight; how is that efficient in self defense?), gun registration (to track a gun to its owner in cases of murder), and microstamping (to connect a bullet to the gun, and, mixed with registration, the gun to its owner in cases of murder).
jat93
Posts: 1,440
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2012 4:37:14 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/30/2012 1:02:51 AM, Maikuru wrote:
I actually set aside some time to listen to the headliners. Then Ann Romney came on and completely derailed that plan. The woman delivered the most robotic, unsettling speech I've ever seen. She is a literal Stepford wife.

No wonder she and Mittens have had such a - what did she call it, "storybook marriage"? They sound perfect for each other.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2012 8:29:34 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I watched Ann Romney and Chris Christie speak on the first night. Chris Christie played up his image as the boisterous, no-nonsense Republican who's not afraid to say "no" to spending. I thought he nailed it. One thing I noticed about him is that he hardly ever appears to rely on reading the teleprompter. He obviously does, but he is very engaging. He clearly knows what he's talking about. While every politician recites well-prepared, carefully constructed speeches with talking points - and Christie is no different - his delivery seems effortless and therefore the content of what he's saying seems genuine.

Of course, at these political conventions (which are essentially pep rallies) the speeches are meant to spew ideological rhetoric with gung-ho "Yay America" sentiments to rally support. The content is absolutely useless. It's just stuff that sounds good. The intent is to convey a feel-good appeal, and I thought the Republicans I saw speak did just that. While Ann Romney did seem like a Stepford wife, she didn't make any mistakes.

I didn't get to see McCain's speech, but I read an article from TIME magazine this morning pointing out some of the lies he told regarding America's relationship and standing in the Middle East. Apparently McCain takes "war hawk" to a new level. It seems like if it were up to him, he'd support full-scale war everywhere, whenever possible.

http://swampland.time.com...
President of DDO
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2012 8:38:40 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Terry Goodkind
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2012 6:51:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Condi was the only one with a good speech, but then again, she didn't talk much about Romney or Obama
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2012 7:01:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/30/2012 8:29:34 AM, Danielle wrote:
I watched Ann Romney and Chris Christie speak on the first night. Chris Christie played up his image as the boisterous, no-nonsense Republican who's not afraid to say "no" to spending. I thought he nailed it. One thing I noticed about him is that he hardly ever appears to rely on reading the teleprompter. He obviously does, but he is very engaging. He clearly knows what he's talking about. While every politician recites well-prepared, carefully constructed speeches with talking points - and Christie is no different - his delivery seems effortless and therefore the content of what he's saying seems genuine.

Of course, at these political conventions (which are essentially pep rallies) the speeches are meant to spew ideological rhetoric with gung-ho "Yay America" sentiments to rally support. The content is absolutely useless. It's just stuff that sounds good. The intent is to convey a feel-good appeal, and I thought the Republicans I saw speak did just that. While Ann Romney did seem like a Stepford wife, she didn't make any mistakes.

I didn't get to see McCain's speech, but I read an article from TIME magazine this morning pointing out some of the lies he told regarding America's relationship and standing in the Middle East. Apparently McCain takes "war hawk" to a new level. It seems like if it were up to him, he'd support full-scale war everywhere, whenever possible.

http://swampland.time.com...

Couldn't agree with you more there. I watched Rand Paul's speech, Chris Christie's speech and Paul Ryan's speech and couldn't help notice how more reptlian brain felt a surge in hope and patrioism and support for Mitt Romney. Of course, I realize it is a lot of BS, even though I'd like to feel that way.

I actually went to see Obama speak in 2008. when I was more left-wing I felt the same way when he spoke.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2012 7:04:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/30/2012 6:56:06 PM, Koopin wrote:
If only they were all like Obama and told the truth...

Actually Koopin, the national media is a frenzy over the nature of Paul Ryan's speech, saying that it's perhaps the most dishonest in recent political history. The independent fact checkers say that while skewing truth is not new to politics, the amount of dishonesty in the RNC speeches is unprecedented, crossing the line between exaggerated truth, and outright lies.

There's a difference in what their doing here and what politicians usually do. Please don't strawman it.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
UnStupendousMan
Posts: 3,475
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2012 7:04:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/29/2012 9:07:01 PM, 000ike wrote:
They're lying through their teeth, and the idiotic audience stands up and claps like they don't know what the speaker just did. For some reason I expected much better from John McCain and Mike Huckabee, but their speeches were vacuous attacks on the president and shameless pandering through applause lines. McCain repudiates Obama's foreign policy record (probably the most stellar accomplishment in conflict avoidance and quick action under this administration), asking for MORE INTERVENTION in the Middle East.

I also find this disappointing; Interventionism has been the drumbeat of Obama's foreign policy.

And then what the hell do you make of this quote by Huckabee "President Obama finds human life disposable and expendable at any time even beyond the womb"?!!?

Don't ever attack Democrats for staging a false war on women because Republicans are openly staging a false war on religion! They take a secular administration with no special treatment of Christian ethics as an attack on religious freedom. They claim that Obama is stripping gun rights when he's actually INCREASED them more than the past administration. They claim that Obama did nothing about illegal immigration (that dishonest governor of Arizona), when he did MORE than the Bush Administration, and when pressured with that revelation, Jane Brewer was forced to reel back on the comment.

God I'm glad the DNC comes after the RNC, let America end these conventions with refreshing truth.

Like everyone at the DNC will be perfectly honest and sane.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2012 7:12:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Ike, you just keep on playing to this retarded notion that the Democrats are somehow inherently better than the Republicans in every way.

Their beliefs may be different, but at the end of the day, their all politicians, just playing to the crowd.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2012 7:14:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/30/2012 7:12:26 PM, OberHerr wrote:

Their beliefs may be different, but at the end of the day, their all politicians, just playing to the crowd.

this
kfc
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2012 7:32:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/30/2012 7:12:26 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Ike, you just keep on playing to this retarded notion that the Democrats are somehow inherently better than the Republicans in every way.

Their beliefs may be different, but at the end of the day, their all politicians, just playing to the crowd.

Yes, I understand that they are all politicians, but there's a certain proximity of dishonesty that is the norm. Not that it is justified, but it means that at some point not only does the dishonesty become too frequent, but also too audacious and wrong. Limits like that are why even the GOP needed to chastise Todd Akin. Paul Ryan LITERALLY LIED. He didn't just twist truth, or exaggerate, or omit details. He LIED. He said that a car manufacturing plant closed because of Obama's policies when it actually closed before Obama entered office.

This is not normal dishonesty, the media is in an uproar over it, and I won't let you gloss over it by dimming the line between the 2 parties.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2012 7:44:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/30/2012 7:32:54 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 8/30/2012 7:12:26 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Ike, you just keep on playing to this retarded notion that the Democrats are somehow inherently better than the Republicans in every way.

Their beliefs may be different, but at the end of the day, their all politicians, just playing to the crowd.

Yes, I understand that they are all politicians, but there's a certain proximity of dishonesty that is the norm. Not that it is justified, but it means that at some point not only does the dishonesty become too frequent, but also too audacious and wrong. Limits like that are why even the GOP needed to chastise Todd Akin. Paul Ryan LITERALLY LIED. He didn't just twist truth, or exaggerate, or omit details. He LIED. He said that a car manufacturing plant closed because of Obama's policies when it actually closed before Obama entered office.

This is not normal dishonesty, the media is in an uproar over it, and I won't let you gloss over it by dimming the line between the 2 parties.

Oh, whoopdeedoo, like Obama, or Biden, have never lied. Check under "Obama's Campaign Promises". The only reason you give a darn about it is because Ryan said it. IF Obambi had said it, you would be questioning the credibility of the source of it.

And, if a Democratically dominated media get in a uproar over how the Republicans running mate lied about something, it means about....zilch.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2012 9:07:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
CLINT EASTWOOD!

nac
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-