Jump to topic:

Republicans say more despicable things

TheWaywardSon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2012 2:10:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
This isn't necessarily a rampage on the Republican party, this is a debate about which party is worse when it comes to saying obscene, hostile, inappropriate, racist, sexist, immoral things. I think the Republicans are worse, and it's a big deal, seeing how it's one of the main reasons I don't think I'll vote for them anytime soon. Please give evidence or links to your claim. And WATCH THESE
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2012 2:23:24 PM
Extreme Republicans like Coulter, Beck and O'Reilly do so much harm to their party. They say outrageous things, and in doing so alienate themselves from reasonable people and make their party look bad.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2012 3:32:48 PM
You want videos of Democrat hacks saying stupid things? Congrats, you've proved something which has never been disputed, that Bill Orielly is an idiot.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2012 3:34:35 PM
At 8/31/2012 2:23:24 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
Extreme Republicans like Coulter, Beck and O'Reilly do so much harm to their party. They say outrageous things, and in doing so alienate themselves from reasonable people and make their party look bad.

^ agreed. Most people from both sides are reasonable, its the loud obnoxious ones who make everybody else look bad
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2012 3:41:35 PM
At 8/31/2012 3:32:48 PM, lewis20 wrote:
You want videos of Democrat hacks saying stupid things? Congrats, you've proved something which has never been disputed, that Bill Orielly is an idiot.

His point was that Republicans are more offensive and disrespectful all around. Just because you can point to some small incidences in the Democratic party doesn't mean the amounts are equal. They just aren't and GOP defenders should come to terms with that.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2012 3:45:16 PM
Wow... Your confirmation bias knows no bounds.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
mauricio2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2012 4:20:45 PM
At 8/31/2012 2:10:30 PM, TheWaywardSon wrote:
This isn't necessarily a rampage on the Republican party, this is a debate about which party is worse when it comes to saying obscene, hostile, inappropriate, racist, sexist, immoral things. I think the Republicans are worse, and it's a big deal, seeing how it's one of the main reasons I don't think I'll vote for them anytime soon. Please give evidence or links to your claim. And WATCH THESE

I say that we have to be fair here. these people are the trash of the republican party. Beyond far right conservatives who's views are based on the stupidest things and not personal opinion or educated opinion. We democrats have people like that too but ours are just emotional hippies like Oprah.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2012 4:23:42 PM
At 8/31/2012 4:20:45 PM, mauricio2 wrote:

I say that we have to be fair here. these people are the trash of the republican party. Beyond far right conservatives who's views are based on the stupidest things and not personal opinion or educated opinion. We democrats have people like that too but ours are just emotional hippies like Oprah.

Resolved: The economic policies of far-right conservatism are the based on the stupidest things.

K?
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Frederick53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2012 4:25:29 PM

I take MAJOR issue with this...

Because Oprah is NOT a hippy. She is not an EXAMPLE of a hippy. Hippies are a proud, noble, and long haired people, and they do not associate themselves with has been overweight TV show hosts, or anybody who earns a steady income for that matter.

But on a serious note I agree.
In 1975, the Second Vietnam War began -1Historygenius

Like no wonder that indian dude rejected you.- Darkkermit to royalpaladin

Social Darwinism is a justification- 1Historygenius

Equal opportunity exists, so there is no problem- EvanK
Frederick53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2012 4:26:58 PM
At 8/31/2012 4:23:42 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

Resolved: The economic policies of far-right conservatism are the based on the stupidest things.

K?

He's obviously talking about their borderline fascist social conservatism.

lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2012 4:34:31 PM
At 8/31/2012 3:41:35 PM, 000ike wrote:

His point was that Republicans are more offensive and disrespectful all around. Just because you can point to some small incidences in the Democratic party doesn't mean the amounts are equal. They just aren't and GOP defenders should come to terms with that.

You're kidding right? Democrats and Republicans are equally as bad, that almost seems like it should be a law it's been proven so many times. I'm not a fan of the GOP but I can more than rip into the Democrats when needed.

Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2012 5:20:14 PM
At 8/31/2012 4:26:58 PM, Frederick53 wrote:

K?

That's not conservatism; that's authoritarianism.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2012 5:45:00 PM
MSNBC is exact and opposite FOX news
Give me a fox news hack and I'll give you their MSNBC equivalent.

Frederick53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2012 5:48:05 PM
At 8/31/2012 5:20:14 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

K?

Social conservatism= traditionalism. Traditionalism tends to favor banning gay marriage, banning abortion, reversing social progress, etc. Social conservatism is authoritarian by default just like economic liberalism is authoritarian by default.

Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2012 5:49:20 PM
At 8/31/2012 5:48:05 PM, Frederick53 wrote:
At 8/31/2012 5:20:14 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

K?

Social conservatism= traditionalism. Traditionalism tends to favor banning gay marriage, banning abortion, reversing social progress, etc. Social conservatism is authoritarian by default just like economic liberalism is authoritarian by default.

I read "borderline fascist conservatism." My apologies.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2012 6:30:31 PM
I usually despise Ann Coulter but I saw her on O'Reilly a few weeks ago and she was spot on about everything she said. I rolled my eyes when they brought her in, but then she started making sense. Her problem still is her partisan blinders though, if she got rid of that, she would actually be pretty good.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2012 6:35:20 PM
Keith Olberman's worst person in the world skit wasn't hateful or despicable at all.
Stossel got on the worst person in the world for advocating a free market on organs.
Open borders debate:
TheWaywardSon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2012 6:41:14 PM
At 8/31/2012 5:45:00 PM, lewis20 wrote:

You have an MSNBC equivalent to Bill O'Reilly telling the son of a 9/11 victim that his mother would be ashamed of him? Or someone like Glenn Beck, who is actually insane?
TheWaywardSon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2012 6:43:43 PM
At 8/31/2012 6:30:31 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
I usually despise Ann Coulter but I saw her on O'Reilly a few weeks ago and she was spot on about everything she said. I rolled my eyes when they brought her in, but then she started making sense. Her problem still is her partisan blinders though, if she got rid of that, she would actually be pretty good.

There's also the whole extremist Christian thing. She thinks that Jews should "be perfected."
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2012 6:44:53 PM
At 8/31/2012 4:34:31 PM, lewis20 wrote:
At 8/31/2012 3:41:35 PM, 000ike wrote:

You're kidding right? Democrats and Republicans are equally as bad, that almost seems like it should be a law it's been proven so many times. I'm not a fan of the GOP but I can more than rip into the Democrats when needed.

Don't bother trying to reason with Ike about this. Democrats are lil' angels, everyone knows it. Can't do no wrong.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2012 6:46:27 PM
At 8/31/2012 6:41:14 PM, TheWaywardSon wrote:

You have an MSNBC equivalent to Bill O'Reilly telling the son of a 9/11 victim that his mother would be ashamed of him? Or someone like Glenn Beck, who is actually insane?

Context for first, and gimme a document signed by a doctor saying he is clinically insane.

Bidens actually insane! Obama is a terrorist!

Obama is friends with a terrorist!

Blah blah blah.....

twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2012 6:46:45 PM

I'm interested as who you think are the MSNBC equivalents of Beck and O'Reilly?
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2012 6:47:18 PM
At 8/31/2012 6:46:45 PM, twocupcakes wrote:

Keith Olbermann and Rachel Maddow.
Open borders debate:
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2012 6:47:56 PM

Kwith, Maddow, the View. Not sure if their all MSNBC, but the Liberal media equivalents.

OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2012 6:48:41 PM
At 8/31/2012 6:47:18 PM, darkkermit wrote:

Lol, 38 seconds apart.

twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2012 6:54:47 PM

Kwith, Maddow, the View. Not sure if their all MSNBC, but the Liberal media equivalents.

Lol, the people on the view seem pretty stupid. However, I feel the stupidest people on the View are the republicans. Not really sure who Kwith and Maddow are. I don't think the liberal crazies get as much publicity as the conservative crazies.

The black lady on the View (not whoopi goldberg) seems a very stupid. Check out this video.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2012 6:55:50 PM
Ed Schultz is terrible.
Rachael Maddow is terrible.
Chris Mathews is terrible.

twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2012 6:57:49 PM

I have seen some of Olberman. While he is biased, I don't think he reaches the level of ridiculousness as Beck and O'Reilly. But maybe I just haven't seen him enough.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2012 6:59:12 PM
At 8/31/2012 6:57:49 PM, twocupcakes wrote:

I have seen some of Olberman. While he is biased, I don't think he reaches the level of ridiculousness as Beck and O'Reilly. But maybe I just haven't seen him enough.

Well, the bias is strong for both sides. I see him as worst cause I'm conservative, which is the reverse for you I suspect.