Total Posts:35|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

I'm bored

000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2012 1:39:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Red is the color of blood, communism, fascism, death, and generally evil.

Blue is the color of peace, tranquility, liberty, happiness, nature (the sky, the ocean).

There is a reason why Republicans are the...red...party.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2012 1:49:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I would think that someone who was bored would have a better way of using his or her spare time creatively. ;)
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2012 1:53:10 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/1/2012 1:49:45 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
I would think that someone who was bored would have a better way of using his or her spare time creatively. ;)

I would think that someone who was commenting on a thread made by someone who was bored would have a better way of using his or her spare time creatively.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Deathbeforedishonour
Posts: 1,058
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2012 1:59:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/1/2012 1:53:10 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/1/2012 1:49:45 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
I would think that someone who was bored would have a better way of using his or her spare time creatively. ;)

I would think that someone who was commenting on a thread made by someone who was bored would have a better way of using his or her spare time creatively.

+1
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2012 2:04:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Liberal parties always chose red until 2000 when Tim Russart called republican states red and democrat states blue.

"This unofficial system of political colors used in the United States is the reverse of that in most other long-established democracies, where red represents left-wing and social democratic parties, and blue represents right-wing and conservative parties."
http://en.wikipedia.org...
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2012 2:11:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/1/2012 2:04:19 PM, 16kadams wrote:
Liberal parties always chose red until 2000 when Tim Russart called republican states red and democrat states blue.

"This unofficial system of political colors used in the United States is the reverse of that in most other long-established democracies, where red represents left-wing and social democratic parties, and blue represents right-wing and conservative parties."
http://en.wikipedia.org...

lmao 16k, you totally misread that...or you're dishonest (don't know which). Your quote is saying that in OTHER DEMOCRACIES red is liberal and blue is Conservative. Prior to 2000, it isn't that the U.S had reverse colors, it's that they had no official colors and often interchanged both.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2012 2:13:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/1/2012 1:53:10 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/1/2012 1:49:45 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
I would think that someone who was bored would have a better way of using his or her spare time creatively. ;)

I would think that someone who was commenting on a thread made by someone who was bored would have a better way of using his or her spare time creatively.

Of course, if you were to base solely my response to your thread as an entire characterization of how I use my spare time, as of now, then you are merely generalizing, unaware of whatever other enterprise(s) I am conducting right now, lol.

But I'll qualify my statement: that's one poor way to use your spare time, ike...
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2012 2:14:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/1/2012 2:13:02 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 9/1/2012 1:53:10 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/1/2012 1:49:45 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
I would think that someone who was bored would have a better way of using his or her spare time creatively. ;)

I would think that someone who was commenting on a thread made by someone who was bored would have a better way of using his or her spare time creatively.

Of course, if you were to base solely my response to your thread as an entire characterization of how I use my spare time, as of now, then you are merely generalizing, unaware of whatever other enterprise(s) I am conducting right now, lol.

But I'll qualify my statement: that's one poor way to use your spare time, ike...

no. I'm not considering just one thread, I'm considering 14 months worth of threads. Your only contribution to any thread is to jab at someone....and every time I point it out, you act like you don't know what I'm talking about.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2012 2:15:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/1/2012 2:11:11 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/1/2012 2:04:19 PM, 16kadams wrote:
Liberal parties always chose red until 2000 when Tim Russart called republican states red and democrat states blue.

"This unofficial system of political colors used in the United States is the reverse of that in most other long-established democracies, where red represents left-wing and social democratic parties, and blue represents right-wing and conservative parties."
http://en.wikipedia.org...

lmao 16k, you totally misread that...or you're dishonest (don't know which). Your quote is saying that in OTHER DEMOCRACIES red is liberal and blue is Conservative. Prior to 2000, it isn't that the U.S had reverse colors, it's that they had no official colors and often interchanged both.

If you read the history there was no official color before 2000. And of they interchanged then your argunment in the OP is invalid. Tell the truth: all you want is a flame war
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2012 2:16:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/1/2012 2:14:54 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/1/2012 2:13:02 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 9/1/2012 1:53:10 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/1/2012 1:49:45 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
I would think that someone who was bored would have a better way of using his or her spare time creatively. ;)

I would think that someone who was commenting on a thread made by someone who was bored would have a better way of using his or her spare time creatively.

Of course, if you were to base solely my response to your thread as an entire characterization of how I use my spare time, as of now, then you are merely generalizing, unaware of whatever other enterprise(s) I am conducting right now, lol.

But I'll qualify my statement: that's one poor way to use your spare time, ike...

no. I'm not considering just one thread, I'm considering 14 months worth of threads. Your only contribution to any thread is to jab at someone....and every time I point it out, you act like you don't know what I'm talking about.


I acknowledge that I have jabbed someone., including you, 000ike..and I will acknowledge it now, though I won't acknowledge that that is the only thing I have done in response to a good couple of forum threads..
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
ScottyDouglas
Posts: 2,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2012 2:19:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/1/2012 2:15:56 PM, 16kadams wrote:
. Tell the truth: all you want is a flame war

Thats nothing new 16K. Thats everyday. He isnt the only one neither.
TheAsylum
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2012 2:19:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2012 2:21:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Since when is red the colour of fascism? Lolz.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com...
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2012 2:21:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/1/2012 1:49:45 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
I would think that someone who was bored would have a better way of using his or her spare time creatively. ;)

I should also note that this comment was a sarcastic remark, not a jab. A real jab might have been even more acerbic, lol.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2012 2:22:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/1/2012 2:21:18 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Since when is red the colour of fascism? Lolz.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com...

http://fc06.deviantart.net... That's more along what I was thinking,.....you moron.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2012 2:23:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/1/2012 2:22:37 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/1/2012 2:21:18 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Since when is red the colour of fascism? Lolz.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com...

http://fc06.deviantart.net... That's more along what I was thinking,.....you moron.

Fascism=/= Nazism.

Lol you dumb.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2012 2:26:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/1/2012 2:23:42 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 9/1/2012 2:22:37 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/1/2012 2:21:18 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Since when is red the colour of fascism? Lolz.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com...

http://fc06.deviantart.net... That's more along what I was thinking,.....you moron.

Fascism=/= Nazism.

Lol you dumb.

The Nazis were fascist.

Lol you dumb.

This isn't as fun as I thought it would be.. .
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2012 2:27:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/1/2012 2:26:28 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/1/2012 2:23:42 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 9/1/2012 2:22:37 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/1/2012 2:21:18 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Since when is red the colour of fascism? Lolz.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com...

http://fc06.deviantart.net... That's more along what I was thinking,.....you moron.

Fascism=/= Nazism.

Lol you dumb.

The Nazis were fascist.

Lol you dumb.

This isn't as fun as I thought it would be.. .

Yes, the Nazis were fascists, but not all fascists are Nazis. That's called a Fallacy of Composition.

Red was the colour of Nazism, not fascism.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2012 2:27:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/1/2012 2:26:28 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/1/2012 2:23:42 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 9/1/2012 2:22:37 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/1/2012 2:21:18 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Since when is red the colour of fascism? Lolz.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com...

http://fc06.deviantart.net... That's more along what I was thinking,.....you moron.

Fascism=/= Nazism.

Lol you dumb.

The Nazis were fascist.

Lol you dumb.

This isn't as fun as I thought it would be.. .

That doesn't make Nazism the same as fascism...it makes Nazism a variety and form of the more generic Fascism...
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2012 2:32:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/1/2012 2:27:48 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 9/1/2012 2:26:28 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/1/2012 2:23:42 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 9/1/2012 2:22:37 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/1/2012 2:21:18 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Since when is red the colour of fascism? Lolz.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com...

http://fc06.deviantart.net... That's more along what I was thinking,.....you moron.

Fascism=/= Nazism.

Lol you dumb.

The Nazis were fascist.

Lol you dumb.

This isn't as fun as I thought it would be.. .

That doesn't make Nazism the same as fascism...it makes Nazism a variety and form of the more generic Fascism...

Children, children. Stop, take a breath, and look at what we're arguing about.

Have we really sunk low to criticize parties by FVCKING COLOR ASSOCIATION?
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2012 2:34:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/1/2012 2:32:57 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 9/1/2012 2:27:48 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 9/1/2012 2:26:28 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/1/2012 2:23:42 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 9/1/2012 2:22:37 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/1/2012 2:21:18 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Since when is red the colour of fascism? Lolz.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com...

http://fc06.deviantart.net... That's more along what I was thinking,.....you moron.

Fascism=/= Nazism.

Lol you dumb.

The Nazis were fascist.

Lol you dumb.

This isn't as fun as I thought it would be.. .

That doesn't make Nazism the same as fascism...it makes Nazism a variety and form of the more generic Fascism...

Children, children. Stop, take a breath, and look at what we're arguing about.

Have we really sunk low to criticize parties by FVCKING COLOR ASSOCIATION?

What,...I just wanted to see where it would lead :p
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2012 2:38:06 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/1/2012 2:36:57 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
That's why I pick Obama over Romney. Blue is my favorite color.

I bet you at least 10% of the electorate actually does vote like that
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2012 2:38:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
P1 Anything associated with Nazism is bad

P2 The colour white is associated with Nazism

P3 Apple is distinctly known for its portrayal of the colour white on its products

C1 Apple is bad
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2012 2:42:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/1/2012 2:38:31 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
P1 Anything associated with Nazism is bad

P2 The colour white is associated with Nazism

P3 Apple is distinctly known for its portrayal of the colour white on its products

C1 Apple is bad

Boom! Logic FTW.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,748
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2012 2:47:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/1/2012 2:38:06 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/1/2012 2:36:57 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
That's why I pick Obama over Romney. Blue is my favorite color.

I bet you at least 10% of the electorate actually does vote like that

Haha lol, maybe. There is a such thing as color psychology.

http://psychology.about.com...

Blue calls to mind feelings of calmness or serenity. It is often described as peaceful, tranquil, secure, and orderly.

Maybe this is why liberals can be portrayed as "chilled out hippie people".

Red is considered an intense, or even angry, color that creates feelings of excitement or intensity.

Maybe this is why republicans can be portrayed as "old stubborn angry people".

IDK lol
NixonianVolkswagen
Posts: 481
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2012 2:10:02 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
*bursts through a plate glass window, riding a flaming terrorist like a skateboard, we land heavily on the stairs leading down into the pool where 000ike has tired of his floating court of rubber ducks, the terrorist's spine making a dutiful snapping sound whilst a cloud of silently screaming bubbles erupt from the shallow water lapping gently above his head - I pull out my Chicago Bulls novelty handgun and blow 000ike's plastic heir to pieces, before winding up my terrorist's foot and hovering swiftly down the adjoining hall... several moments later, a giant marble Abraham Lincoln clutching an hourglass lurches after me...*
"There is an almost universal tendency, perhaps an inborn tendency, to suspect the good faith of a man who holds opinions that differ from our own opinions."

- Karl "Spartacus" Popper
Cermank
Posts: 3,773
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2012 4:01:22 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/1/2012 1:39:30 PM, 000ike wrote:
Red is the color of blood, communism, fascism, death, and generally evil.

Blue is the color of peace, tranquility, liberty, happiness, nature (the sky, the ocean).

There is a reason why Republicans are the...red...party.

Communism is... evil?

Ignorance. It hurts.
JamaisVu44
Posts: 5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2012 4:16:21 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/2/2012 4:01:22 AM, Cermank wrote:
At 9/1/2012 1:39:30 PM, 000ike wrote:
Red is the color of blood, communism, fascism, death, and generally evil.

Blue is the color of peace, tranquility, liberty, happiness, nature (the sky, the ocean).

There is a reason why Republicans are the...red...party.

Communism is... evil?

Ignorance. It hurts.

Yes, communism is evil.