F**k Martin Bashir

socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2012 3:26:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
http://www.guardian.co.uk...

"When the video ended, Bashir asked Hardin for his reaction to Gen Dempsey's criticisms of the veterans group, and Hardin began replying with this very mild statement about Dempsey: "First of all, he serves President Obama right now, so it's not a surprising comment." Bashir immediately erupted in a ball of fiery rage, cutting Hardin off, refusing to let him speak, repeatedly demanding an apology for this grievous assault on the integrity of a military man, and then – when Hardin failed sufficiently to grovel for the crime of speaking ill of Gen Dempsey – Bashir kicked Hardin off the show by abruptly ending the interview."
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2012 3:35:21 PM
No to appear extremely partisan, but I can see how he's justified. It's rude to downplay the word of a high commanding officer in the military just like that...on top of those other soldiers being rude to the president. Did he have to cut him off? Probably not, but his comment was offensive and irreverent.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2012 3:37:47 PM
At 9/1/2012 3:35:21 PM, 000ike wrote:
No to appear extremely partisan, but I can see how he's justified. It's rude to downplay the word of a high commanding officer in the military just like that...on top of those other soldiers being rude to the president. Did he have to cut him off? Probably not, but his comment was offensive and irreverent.

Too late.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2012 3:39:08 PM
At 9/1/2012 3:37:47 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

Too late.

You're really annoying.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2012 3:40:47 PM
At 9/1/2012 3:39:08 PM, 000ike wrote:

Too late.

You're really annoying.

I'm genuinely hurt by this comment.

I thought I made contributions to this site. :(
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2012 3:43:42 PM

The problem is all he was able to get out was that he thought we shouldn't necessarily take the statement at face value. We can't know what his actual analysis of the statement was or if he was going to discredit the statement entirely because he got cut off.
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2012 3:58:38 PM
No to appear extremely partisan, but I can see how he's justified. It's rude to downplay the word of a high commanding officer in the military just like that...on top of those other soldiers being rude to the president. Did he have to cut him off? Probably not, but his comment was offensive and irreverent.:

So what? The whole point of journalism is to state categorical facts in a dispassionate and unbiased manner, not interrupt your own f*cking guest and demand he make an apology, then kick him off the air whenever his answer is unsatisfying. Bashir is welcomed to do that, but it just makes him look like a petulant @ss.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2012 4:40:58 PM

Not really an appearance is it? you just are extremely partisan.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2012 4:44:15 PM

Too late.

FAR too late.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Frederick53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2012 5:08:21 PM
At 9/1/2012 4:44:15 PM, OberHerr wrote:

Too late.

FAR too late.

Yeah...
In 1975, the Second Vietnam War began -1Historygenius

Like no wonder that indian dude rejected you.- Darkkermit to royalpaladin

Social Darwinism is a justification- 1Historygenius

Equal opportunity exists, so there is no problem- EvanK
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2012 5:17:39 PM
So 10 posts and 6 of them centered on whether Ike is partisan. Definitely my intention in creating this thread.
:
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2012 5:27:05 PM
At 9/1/2012 5:17:39 PM, socialpinko wrote:
So 10 posts and 6 of them centered on whether Ike is partisan. Definitely my intention in creating this thread.

You have succeeded.

*high fives Social*
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2012 5:34:38 PM
At 9/1/2012 5:17:39 PM, socialpinko wrote:

Tis a rare thread on DDO that does what the author intended it to do.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2012 6:09:44 PM
Common sense seems to be in short supply around here. Humpy Dumpty is affiliated with President Obama, which automatically means that he is using his uniform for politics. To state such an assertion about not playing partisan, while being partisan is hypocrisy and Christopher Hitchens' lookalike called him out appropriately on it.

I'm not good with names.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."