Jump to topic:

He's black

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2012 3:06:42 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
So my wife and I just stayed up to watch and old SNL and they were showing a preview for the next one, and it was going to be mocking the election. So the conversation went on as follows...

Wife - "Why do they gotta harass Obama?"

Me - "They were harassing Romney too."

Wife - "Yeah, but he's white. Obama's black. You can't harass him."

Me - "What?"

Wife - "You can't harass black people, they get all pissy."

I couldn't think of what to say after that so I figured I post it.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
NixonianVolkswagen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2012 3:08:11 AM
At 9/2/2012 3:06:42 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
So my wife and I just stayed up to watch and old SNL and they were showing a preview for the next one, and it was going to be mocking the election. So the conversation went on as follows...

Me - "What?"

I couldn't think of what to say after that so I figured I post it.

"I'm going to sex the racism out of you." ?
"There is an almost universal tendency, perhaps an inborn tendency, to suspect the good faith of a man who holds opinions that differ from our own opinions."

- Karl "Spartacus" Popper
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2012 3:14:46 AM
But Obama is half-caste so should we suppose he, and people like him, get half pissy?

I think she meant it was politically incorrect to harass them, though I thought that was only true if you were to harass black people on the basis of race.

I wouldn't think much of it. Otherwise: LOLOLOLOLOL U MARRIED A RACIST, NIGGA!
'sup DDO -- july 2013
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2012 6:37:16 AM
At 9/2/2012 3:14:46 AM, Zetsubou wrote:
LOLOLOLOLOL U MARRIED A RACIST, NIGGA!
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2012 10:39:29 AM
At 9/2/2012 3:14:46 AM, Zetsubou wrote:
But Obama is half-caste so should we suppose he, and people like him, get half pissy?

I think she meant it was politically incorrect to harass them, though I thought that was only true if you were to harass black people on the basis of race.

But, it's weird because she actually prefers his policies (or at least, the little that she knows about them. She hates politics).

I wouldn't think much of it. Otherwise: LOLOLOLOLOL U MARRIED A RACIST, NIGGA!

Yeah, but I thought she was only racist against Hispanics (most people in Portland are closet racists, and in Oregon, it is mostly against Hispanics).
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2012 10:47:21 AM
It is interesting though, that it considered much socially acceptable to make racist remarks against asians but not other races.

For example, facebook removed the aborignal meme, but the asian father is completley legit.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Frederick53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2012 10:53:38 AM
At 9/2/2012 10:47:21 AM, darkkermit wrote:
It is interesting though, that it considered much socially acceptable to make racist remarks against asians but not other races.

For example, facebook removed the aborignal meme, but the asian father is completley legit.

The reason why people are OK with racism towards Asians (and Jews) is because they are generally successful and people love to put down those who are better off than they are because it makes them feel better about themselves. Blacks and aboriginals on the other hand, are not very well off at all so people feel guilty about mocking them.
In 1975, the Second Vietnam War began -1Historygenius

Like no wonder that indian dude rejected you.- Darkkermit to royalpaladin

Social Darwinism is a justification- 1Historygenius

Equal opportunity exists, so there is no problem- EvanK
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2012 11:01:48 AM

Because there is much less hateful racism against asians than other races. However, the environment is getting rip for the change or all that.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2012 11:09:34 AM

1. People usually only exploit asian stereotypes, the majority of which are, frankly, compliments.

2. Asians while they have been discriminated against in American history, don't really have a history for it, so it isn't as sensitive a topic.

3. Asians are awesome in every way at everything, so I guess that's their revenge :p
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2012 11:15:20 AM
I'm more appalled that you watch SNL!!!
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2012 11:32:30 AM
At 9/2/2012 10:53:38 AM, Frederick53 wrote:

The reason why people are OK with racism towards Asians (and Jews) is because they are generally successful and people love to put down those who are better off than they are because it makes them feel better about themselves. Blacks and aboriginals on the other hand, are not very well off at all so people feel guilty about mocking them.

that's what i figured, just didn't want to say it.
Open borders debate:
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2012 1:37:08 PM

Me - "What?"

Me - "And white people do not?"

Wife - "They do, but Black people are scarier when harassed."

Me - "So are some white trash hillbillies."

Wife - "White trash hillbillies were not enslaved and forced to do hard labor for hundreds of years."

Me - "Yes they were. White people have been slaves to others throughout histories, in hundreds of countries all around the world. They have just as much of a right to be offended as black people do, to harrassment."

Wife - "So you are saying that Black people are just being Butt hurt about it, and our using it as an excuse to placate a sense of dominance, or importance over the white people now?"

Me - "Yes"

Wife - "Doesn't that make them just as racist, as they accuse us of being?"

Me - "Yes"

Wife - "Are we rascist for having this conversation?"

Me - "Yes. Everybody, can be accused of being rascist for some bull sh1t reason or another, but yes, considering about how you brought up the conversation about black people specifically taking more offense than white people, we have in fact discriminated an entire raced, based on the actions of probably only a few people from that race."

Wife - "Makes sense."

Me - "Now go make me a sandwich"

Wife - "Hey now you are being racist against woman!"

Me - "It's called sexist. And I'll be damned if expecting my woman to make me some food, is sexist, when I am the one who pays the rent, and all the bills, works 8 hours a day, five days a week, just to come home, tired and hungry, to listen to my wife sit on her lazy @ss, and mumble about nonsense on the T.V., while she reaps the benefits from my labours."

There, now your conversation is awesome.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
NixonianVolkswagen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2012 1:39:31 PM
At 9/2/2012 1:37:08 PM, TUF wrote:

Me - "What?"

Wife - "White trash hillbillies were not enslaved and forced to do hard labor for hundreds of years."

Me - "Yes they were. White people have been slaves to others throughout histories, in hundreds of countries all around the world. They have just as much of a right to be offended as black people do, to harrassment."

Wife - "So you are saying that Black people are just being Butt hurt about it, and our using it as an excuse to placate a sense of dominance, or importance over the white people now?"

Me - "Yes"

Me - "Yes"

Me - "Yes. Everybody, can be accused of being rascist for some bull sh1t reason or another, but yes, considering about how you brought up the conversation about black people specifically taking more offense than white people, we have in fact discriminated an entire raced, based on the actions of probably only a few people from that race."

Wife - "Makes sense."

Me - "It's called sexist. And I'll be damned if expecting my woman to make me some food, is sexist, when I am the one who pays the rent, and all the bills, works 8 hours a day, five days a week, just to come home, tired and hungry, to listen to my wife sit on her lazy @ss, and mumble about nonsense on the T.V., while she reaps the benefits from my labours."

I liked the bit where you equivocated growing up white and growing up black in America. That was my favorite part.
"There is an almost universal tendency, perhaps an inborn tendency, to suspect the good faith of a man who holds opinions that differ from our own opinions."

NixonianVolkswagen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2012 1:41:57 PM
At 9/2/2012 1:39:31 PM, NixonianVolkswagen wrote:

Me - "What?"

Me - "Yes"

Me - "Yes"

Wife - "Makes sense."

I liked the bit where you equivocated growing up white and growing up black in America. That was my favorite part.

Wait, forget the race issue for a second, how have I lived this long and not learned the proper usage of "equivocated"?

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2012 10:35:26 PM

Me - "What?"

Me - "Yes"

Me - "Yes"

Wife - "Makes sense."

I wouldn't trust her to make a sammich right.