Jump to topic:

Overall RNC Review!

1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2012 11:32:26 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Now allow me to explain the entire vacation I had. We stayed at the Ramada Inn and it was real dump. On our first day we noticed as we walked up the stairs that someone was smoking pot! We went up to our room and then went to eat. Since it was late, we decided to do nothing and wait for tomorrow (we had been on vacation a while, but we arrived in Tampa on Monday).

The next day, my father went down for the supposedly "luxurious" breakfast in the lobby. He arrived at 9 in the morning and nothing was set up at all. Where was breakfast? It was supposed to close at 10:30. The manager went and brought food for my dad. Dad ate in the lobby and talk to free ladies who we learned were the ones smoking pot in three rooms on the first floor. Guess who they wanted to see at the RNC? None other than Ron Paul! We then went into the city and I bought a lot of political buttons the first day. There we a lot of Ron Paul supporters down there waving signs and saying some bad stuff about Romney as if that would effect the delegate vote.

The next day, we went to Clearwater beach first where I bought a shirt with an obamanized picture of Ronald Reagan with "HOPE" below under him obviously. We went to the convention against and despite the nomination for Romney, the Ron Paul protesters were there. Also, the Maine delegation had apparently walked out with "Remember Maine 2012" stickers with Ron Paul on them. They handed out their OWN credentials to others allowing more people to get in. I bought more stuff and we later went to Irish pub where the Ron Paul supporters were having a party. It was fun! We got here them talk about how great infowars.com is and that there should no taxes at all even if that is not possible! Also about the NWO and stuff. Its becoming more and more clear the Libertarians are just conspiracy idiots sometimes.

Then we went to Ybor City on the next day, which is the cigar capital of the world. It is very Hispanic (specifically, Cuban) and there are many cigar stores there. My dad bought several cigars from various shops. The delegates were down there to (they came in buses) and were talking politics in the lounges and bars while smoking cigars. We went to the convention again and meet Tommy Thompson there, a former Wisconsin governor and now candidate for the Senate. We had more fun there, the city and its people are nice there are many GOP vendors where you can buy buttons and shirts and hats. Somebody was selling and political version of the "Cat and the Hat"!

On Thursday we enjoyed going again to the beaches and the convention center and had a lot of fun again. Because were could not get in the center we watched Romney speak on the TV. The convention then ended.

Overall we had fun there!
"The chief business of the American people is business." - Calvin Coolidge

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...
NixonianVolkswagen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2012 11:59:57 AM
What I'm getting from this is that your father and you are pretty tight, which I respect.
"There is an almost universal tendency, perhaps an inborn tendency, to suspect the good faith of a man who holds opinions that differ from our own opinions."

- Karl "Spartacus" Popper
1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2012 12:29:08 PM
At 9/2/2012 11:59:57 AM, NixonianVolkswagen wrote:
What I'm getting from this is that your father and you are pretty tight, which I respect.

What do you mean?

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...
NixonianVolkswagen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2012 12:52:50 PM
At 9/2/2012 12:29:08 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:

What do you mean?

It sounds like it was a great trip because you got to spend time with your Pops, which is cool, and refreshingly nonpartisan.
"There is an almost universal tendency, perhaps an inborn tendency, to suspect the good faith of a man who holds opinions that differ from our own opinions."

- Karl "Spartacus" Popper
1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2012 1:02:09 PM
At 9/2/2012 12:52:50 PM, NixonianVolkswagen wrote:
At 9/2/2012 12:29:08 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:

What do you mean?

It sounds like it was a great trip because you got to spend time with your Pops, which is cool, and refreshingly nonpartisan.

Yeah! He is actually a police officer and worked riot control up in St. Paul for the 2008 convention. He told me St. Paul was like a war zone compared to Tampa!

lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2012 1:49:09 PM
Libertarians are better than Republicans.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2012 6:32:51 PM
At 9/2/2012 6:16:39 PM, Apollo.11 wrote:
So....you didn't actually see the convention...?
I'm outa here.

Yes I did.

Apollo.11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2012 6:34:56 PM
At 9/2/2012 6:32:51 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:
I'm outa here.

Yes I did.

Who was speaking?
Sapere Aude!
1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2012 9:55:12 PM
At 9/2/2012 6:34:56 PM, Apollo.11 wrote:
I'm outa here.

Yes I did.

Who was speaking?

Romney, Rubio, Eastwood....

Apollo.11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2012 10:06:13 PM
At 9/2/2012 9:55:12 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:
I'm outa here.

Yes I did.

Who was speaking?

You got to go inside the convention center?
Sapere Aude!
1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2012 10:03:07 AM
At 9/2/2012 10:06:13 PM, Apollo.11 wrote:
At 9/2/2012 9:55:12 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:
I'm outa here.

Yes I did.

Who was speaking?

You got to go inside the convention center?

No.