Total Posts:6|Showing Posts:1-6
Jump to topic:

In Alabama Bear wrestling matches are banned

Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2012 10:41:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
There are much more dumber laws. This one can easily be justified on animal rights grounds.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2012 10:43:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I've hear about this, Mississippi has a big problem with contraband wrestling bears being smuggled across the boarder and fighting people in modern day speak easys.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2012 10:46:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/4/2012 10:41:48 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
There are much more dumber laws. This one can easily be justified on animal rights grounds.

Is it people fighting bears or bears fighting bears? Also what's the criteria for animal cruelty? If it's bear fighting a person is it ok if the bear throws the first punch? Or is it like MMA and they both must consent to beating each other into submission.
Just seems like letting dogs kill each other is animal cruelty but fighting a bear doesn't feel like it for some reason.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2012 10:49:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/4/2012 10:46:32 PM, lewis20 wrote:
At 9/4/2012 10:41:48 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
There are much more dumber laws. This one can easily be justified on animal rights grounds.

Is it people fighting bears or bears fighting bears?

People.

Also what's the criteria for animal cruelty?

Harm done to animals for entertainment or miscellaneous purposes.

If it's bear fighting a person is it ok if the bear throws the first punch?

That would be self-defence.

Or is it like MMA and they both must consent to beating each other into submission.

A bear can't consent so....

Just seems like letting dogs kill each other is animal cruelty but fighting a bear doesn't feel like it for some reason.

Why not? You're still harming the animal.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2012 11:02:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/4/2012 10:49:40 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 9/4/2012 10:46:32 PM, lewis20 wrote:
At 9/4/2012 10:41:48 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
There are much more dumber laws. This one can easily be justified on animal rights grounds.

Is it people fighting bears or bears fighting bears?

People.

Also what's the criteria for animal cruelty?

Harm done to animals for entertainment or miscellaneous purposes.

If it's bear fighting a person is it ok if the bear throws the first punch?

That would be self-defence.

Or is it like MMA and they both must consent to beating each other into submission.

A bear can't consent so....


Just seems like letting dogs kill each other is animal cruelty but fighting a bear doesn't feel like it for some reason.

Why not? You're still harming the animal.

I was rambling, really not making a point other than animals are of a lower importance to us and can't consent but we allow people who can consent to partake in a sport we consider below animals.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler