Protesting is Now Terrorism Says TSA

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 1:33:54 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Explain that.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Chaos88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 3:15:46 AM
Who is protesting and what was he doing?

This is vital information.

http://www.dailykos.com...

In this example, the sign read "You're being robbed", while outside a bank. A reasonable person could interpret that as meaning someone in the bank is currently robbing it or that this person is indeed about to rob the bank.

Another example of arresting protesters is from my local Occupy movement, OccupyMN. They have been arrested for not leaving the premises and having tents (for the purpose of sleeping), posting signs on government property, blocking traffic, and trespassing. None of these things are protected speech, but, if you ask them, they were arrested for protesting and nothing more, and their supporters spread these lies.

There is almost always more to the story. And this story, regarding the DNC, I am guessing it has to do with blocking exits. You cannot knowingly block an exit and disrupt the work of federal politicians (the conference is work related). A protest is knowingly going to disrupt the work, and if they are planning on blocking any exit or sidewalk (perhaps a sit-in), it very well could be a crime.

http://www.thepoliticalguide.com...
It would be paragraph A, section 2 or 3.
Again, this is my guess as to what is really happening.

Also, according to the video, it isn't the TSA that is saying protesting is illegal, it is the FBI. The guy mentioned the terror Watchlist, which is put out by the TSC, a part of the FBI.
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 11:33:56 AM
At 9/5/2012 1:33:54 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Explain that.

The TSA is the Transportation Security Administration. Although I disagree, I understand where they are coming from. Protesting at an airport can compromise airport security.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 12:18:39 PM
You guys are way off base here.

"An activist was designated as a terror suspect, put on a watchlist and arrested, ostensibly it seems to prevent him attending a protest at this week's Democratic National Convention in Charlotte."

http://www.infowars.com...
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 4:20:02 PM
At 9/5/2012 11:33:56 AM, DanT wrote:
Explain that.

The TSA is the Transportation Security Administration. Although I disagree, I understand where they are coming from. Protesting at an airport can compromise airport security.

^^^^^
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 4:24:54 PM
Protesting at an airport can compromise airport security.

Protesting at a political rally can compromise the politicians.
kfc
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 4:29:31 PM
At 9/5/2012 4:24:54 PM, Koopin wrote:

Exactly. He wasnt protesting at the airport. He was simply a documented activist on his way to the DNC.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 4:31:13 PM
At 9/5/2012 4:20:02 PM, imabench wrote:
Explain that.

^^^^^

Don't agree with that. That is wrong. Read my post, you have no excuse for ignorance. I had already made clear he wasn't protesting at the airport prior to you making this post.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
Chaos88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 4:37:32 PM
At 9/5/2012 12:18:39 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
You guys are way off base here.

"An activist was designated as a terror suspect, put on a watchlist and arrested, ostensibly it seems to prevent him attending a protest at this week's Democratic National Convention in Charlotte."

http://www.infowars.com...

You are missing the point. In this 12+ minute video, Mr. Jones spent about ten seconds talking about the guy, but never what he did to be put on the Watchlist (other than being an activist) or what he was planning on doing at the DNC. This is vital information, as it may be an indicator as to what this guy is like, and may even defend the government's action.

The RNC was held in MN in 2008, and people were arrested for planning to protest. Of course, these people were going to throw bags of urine (hardly free speech). Was this guy planning something similar? Was he going to egg on the protesters, to incite a riot? Did he make vague threats against the president or other politicians?Without this key piece of information, we cannot truly assess the nature of this issue.

Also, if you think objectively about it, is a massive protest terroristic in nature? You assemble dozens, hundreds, or thousands of people for the sole purpose of intimidation, and to use that intimidation to sway opinions. Also, these massive protests can easily become a mob, thus posing an immediate danger. A few people speaking their mind is one thing, but hundreds of people are another.

On a side note, Alex Jones is an inflammatory idiot. Not only does he cite his own network's source as his ONLY source, he can't even cite it properly. He first says the FBI considers IED's and bombing the pentagon EQUAL to protesting (all being low-level terrorism), but minutes later, he actually reads the paragraph and finds out the "list" he cited was a multiple-choice question. He does not recant his earlier statement.
Furthermore, he references many conspiracy issues and purposely uses buzz words and references (like banks owning America). I do not find him credible one bit, and with people like this, you need to analyze what they are saying carefully, and read between the lines.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 4:55:25 PM
At 9/5/2012 4:31:13 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Explain that.

^^^^^

Don't agree with that. That is wrong. Read my post, you have no excuse for ignorance. I had already made clear he wasn't protesting at the airport prior to you making this post.

Im not agreeing that he was protesting at all, im agreeing that protesting at an airport can compromise security. Thats all I agreed to.

Learn to read
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 4:58:59 PM
At 9/5/2012 4:31:13 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Explain that.

^^^^^

On another note, could you perhaps give us an actual credible source for this story rather then cite sources that only fit in the realm of your imaginary view of the world? I doubt that a single person from infowars.com who went on record saying the TSA is looking for Al-Qaeda in your coffee is considered "credible"

DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 5:02:30 PM
At 9/5/2012 4:24:54 PM, Koopin wrote:

Lose a election =/= 9/11
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 5:40:55 PM
At 9/5/2012 4:37:32 PM, Chaos88 wrote:
The RNC was held in MN in 2008, and people were arrested for planning to protest. Of course, these people were going to throw bags of urine (hardly free speech). Was this guy planning something similar? Was he going to egg on the protesters, to incite a riot? Did he make vague threats against the president or other politicians?Without this key piece of information, we cannot truly assess the nature of this issue.

That's typically not the case though. Usually it's Alex Jones who goes deeper into the issues than the MSM. For example the Aurora shooting. He went deep into gunmans history, the eye-witness reports ignored by the media, the shooters father and ties to certain organizations, etc. Things the MSM fails to cover.

Also, if you think objectively about it, is a massive protest terroristic in nature? You assemble dozens, hundreds, or thousands of people for the sole purpose of intimidation, and to use that intimidation to sway opinions. Also, these massive protests can easily become a mob, thus posing an immediate danger. A few people speaking their mind is one thing, but hundreds of people are another.

You've just demonized the March on Washington. Congrats, you've been brainwashed by the global elites to believe that protesting is bad and dangerous.

On a side note, Alex Jones is an inflammatory idiot. Not only does he cite his own network's source as his ONLY source, he can't even cite it properly.

That is blatantly false and an outright lie. He does NOT use his network as his only source. He links to Federal government websites, PDFs of official documents from the Freedom of Information Act, interviews from insiders, as well as multiple citations from Associated Press, Huffington Post, Fox, CNN, Reuters, The New York Times, etc.

He first says the FBI considers IED's and bombing the pentagon EQUAL to protesting (all being low-level terrorism), but minutes later, he actually reads the paragraph and finds out the "list" he cited was a multiple-choice question. He does not recant his earlier statement.

Notice that he actually READ the documents and had them in hand and even showed himself finding out that it wasn't as bad. He could have cut that part out of the video, yet, he left it in there because he's honest unlike the deceitful indoctrination machines we call the mainstream media.

Furthermore, he references many conspiracy issues and purposely uses buzz words and references (like banks owning America).

Those aren't buzz words, those are just ways of describing what's happening in the system.

I do not find him credible one bit, and with people like this, you need to analyze what they are saying carefully, and read between the lines.

He's the most credible source for news. Everything he deals with is tangible with documents, news sources, and admissions on record to back it up. He has no left or right slant. He's not bought and paid for by the global elites and the corporate cronies.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 5:42:34 PM
You give me legitiamet source, I give you legitamet response.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 6:03:21 PM
At 9/5/2012 5:42:34 PM, OberHerr wrote:

You believe that news stations that are bought and paid for by global elites, corporatists, and partisans are "legitimate" sources.

You have zero basis for choosing mainstream media over Infowars and Alex Jones.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 6:11:51 PM
At 9/5/2012 6:03:21 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 9/5/2012 5:42:34 PM, OberHerr wrote:

You believe that news stations that are bought and paid for by global elites, corporatists, and partisans are "legitimate" sources.

You have zero basis for choosing mainstream media over Infowars and Alex Jones.

And you have zero proof for that the global elites, corporatists, and Parisians have "bought out" the news stations, and yet I'm suppose to follow you.

The problem with conspiracy theorists is that they see a plane in the sky, and make it into a spaceship.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Chaos88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 6:12:53 PM
At 9/5/2012 5:40:55 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 9/5/2012 4:37:32 PM, Chaos88 wrote:

That's typically not the case though. Usually it's Alex Jones who goes deeper into the issues than the MSM. For example the Aurora shooting. He went deep into gunmans history, the eye-witness reports ignored by the media, the shooters father and ties to certain organizations, etc. Things the MSM fails to cover.

What's not the case? Demonstrations going awry or Alex Jones' shallow reporting? If it is demonstrations, then I agree with you, the vast majority of demonstrations are do not result in mobs or have a vicious intent. However, of late, it seems to be the case, between "glitter bombs" and obstructing traffic and other things, certain protesters seem to be using actions more than words, thus gov't intervention is warranted.
If you are referring to Alex, this is shallow reporting in this case, and perhaps I spoke out of turn, but I doubt it. The issues where he goes deeper are likely issues he is trying to defend. You cite the Aurora shooting. People were nervous that this could be used to attack guns and the 2nd amendment. This argument is still self-serving.

You've just demonized the March on Washington. Congrats, you've been brainwashed by the global elites to believe that protesting is bad and dangerous.

Did I say the March on Washington, or any protest, was a bad thing? No. I merely said it was intimidating to see thousands of people. Tell me, are you going to counter-protest in you are outnumbered 100:1? Are you going to speak for the other side at a huge rally? No, because it is intimidating. Dare I say you were struck with terror...

On a side note, Alex Jones is an inflammatory idiot. Not only does he cite his own network's source as his ONLY source, he can't even cite it properly.

That is blatantly false and an outright lie. He does NOT use his network as his only source. He links to Federal government websites, PDFs of official documents from the Freedom of Information Act, interviews from insiders, as well as multiple citations from Associated Press, Huffington Post, Fox, CNN, Reuters, The New York Times, etc.

In this case, that is exactly what he did. Again, maybe I jumped the gun. So, I hereby recant my claim that he always does these things, but that this time he did, and so, this time, I have an issue.

He first says the FBI considers IED's and bombing the pentagon EQUAL to protesting (all being low-level terrorism), but minutes later, he actually reads the paragraph and finds out the "list" he cited was a multiple-choice question. He does not recant his earlier statement.

Notice that he actually READ the documents and had them in hand and even showed himself finding out that it wasn't as bad. He could have cut that part out of the video, yet, he left it in there because he's honest unlike the deceitful indoctrination machines we call the mainstream media.

Notice that he had the document and either misread, which hurts his credibility, or he mislead everyone on purpose (perhaps hoping they don't do the research and don't have the attention span to listen for another five minutes when he corrects himself). Does he not do show prep?
I have only heard one other person do this one time, and it was fairly recently. Ed Schultz (another idiot) accused Romney of enjoying firing people, then listened to the clip and said "Oh, I agree with that, that's not so bad".

Furthermore, he references many conspiracy issues and purposely uses buzz words and references (like banks owning America).

Those aren't buzz words, those are just ways of describing what's happening in the system.

And are unrelated to the issue at hand. Listen to the first two minutes. I honestly thought he wasn't going to talk about the arrest.

I do not find him credible one bit, and with people like this, you need to analyze what they are saying carefully, and read between the lines.

He's the most credible source for news. Everything he deals with is tangible with documents, news sources, and admissions on record to back it up. He has no left or right slant. He's not bought and paid for by the global elites and the corporate cronies.

So, he is the most credible source, yet he doesn't read/understand the document he references and he usually goes into detail, but not this time when it is very important to do so, on an issue of upmost importance by his own admission.
Yeah, he sounds credible.
Chaos88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 6:14:32 PM
At 9/5/2012 6:11:51 PM, OberHerr wrote:
The problem with conspiracy theorists is that they see a plane in the sky, and make it into a spaceship.

No, the problem with conspiracy theorists is that they say "you can't trust anybody, but you can trust me".
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 6:24:12 PM
At 9/5/2012 6:14:32 PM, Chaos88 wrote:

No, the problem with conspiracy theorists is that they say "you can't trust anybody, but you can trust me".

Both accounts are false.

"I let the information guide me, not preconceived idea."
-- David Icke
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 6:28:58 PM
Protesters should be shot, hanged, quartered, and then have their dismembered body parts unrecognizably charred for their heinous acts of treason.

Well, either that or the TSA should respect the Constitution. I'm undecided with the former or the latter.

Decisions, decisions.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Chaos88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 6:34:27 PM
At 9/5/2012 6:24:12 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 9/5/2012 6:14:32 PM, Chaos88 wrote:

Both accounts are false.

How is my statement false? You can't trust MSM becuase of the corporate influence, Alex Jones tells me so. But, why should I believe Mr. Jones...
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 7:11:43 PM
At 9/5/2012 6:34:27 PM, Chaos88 wrote:
How is my statement false? You can't trust MSM becuase of the corporate influence, Alex Jones tells me so. But, why should I believe Mr. Jones...

Because he actually has sources, government documents, and uncensored facts.

Jones says Murdoch and Soros own the MSM. Oh look:

"It turns out that Soros' influence doesn't just include connections to top mainstream news organizations such as NBC, ABC, The New York Times and Washington Post. It's bought him connections to the underpinnings of the news business. The Columbia Journalism Review, which bills itself as "a watchdog and a friend of the press in all its forms,"  lists several investigative reporting projects funded by one of Soros foundations."

http://www.foxnews.com...

"In the 1950s and 60s, [Murdoch] acquired various newspapers in Australia and New Zealand, before expanding into the United Kingdom in 1969, taking over the "News of the World" followed closely by "The Sun". He moved to New York in 1974 to expand into the US market and became a naturalised
 US citizen in 1985.[5]
 In 1981, he bought"The Times", his first British broadsheet.
In 1986, keen to adopt newer electronic publishing technologies, he consolidated his UK printing operations in Wapping, causing bitter industrial disputes. His News Corporation acquired Twentieth Century Fox (1985), HarperCollins (1989)[10] and"The Wall Street Journal" (2007). He formed BSkyB in 1990 and during the 1990s expanded into Asian networks and South American television. By 2000 Murdoch's News Corporation owned over 800 companies in more than 50 countries with a net worth of over $5 billion."

http://en.m.wikipedia.org...

-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
Chaos88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 7:36:00 PM
At 9/5/2012 7:11:43 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 9/5/2012 6:34:27 PM, Chaos88 wrote:

Because he actually has sources, government documents, and uncensored facts.

1. Not on this story.
2. You mean the government that is owned by the banks? How can those be credible if he flouts their incredibility?
3. The MSM also has these, but they can't be trusted according to you and Mr. Jones because of their corporate masters and liberal slant, but your sources and facts can be trusted, even when they are not named or existant, as is the case in this story.