Jump to topic:

Politics? B.S b.s b.s b.s b.s!

mauricio2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 9:39:40 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'm sure we can all agree that politics today and almost always have been full of B.S and most of politicians out there are just feeding us B.S. Till recently I use to think that we had a honest government and that those men out there (Politicians) where doing good and only good for our state but after becoming a member of this very website and meeting all these people , they pointed out the facts and the sad truth about our country and the rest of the world. but before all this I wanted to become a politician and my purpose for wanting to be one was to help improve my state and it's people but now I don't think that's even possible and also , I do not want to be a part of the B.S circle going on in there. is there anyway or any chance of becoming a politician and have decency and do good for any normal person who's tired of standing by while watching these other politicians feed us this disgusting bull?
logicrules
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 9:41:50 AM
At 9/5/2012 9:39:40 AM, mauricio2 wrote:
I'm sure we can all agree that politics today and almost always have been full of B.S and most of politicians out there are just feeding us B.S. Till recently I use to think that we had a honest government and that those men out there (Politicians) where doing good and only good for our state but after becoming a member of this very website and meeting all these people , they pointed out the facts and the sad truth about our country and the rest of the world. but before all this I wanted to become a politician and my purpose for wanting to be one was to help improve my state and it's people but now I don't think that's even possible and also , I do not want to be a part of the B.S circle going on in there. is there anyway or any chance of becoming a politician and have decency and do good for any normal person who's tired of standing by while watching these other politicians feed us this disgusting bull?

nope
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 11:55:23 AM
If you behave like that, simply put, no. Get a grip, realise what being a politician is. It's compromising on issues which may be held dear to you just enough to stay in power to enact all your other legislation. It's a game of diplomacy, debate and marketing. People just get annoyed when their ideology isn't good at these three things.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
logicrules
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 12:04:48 PM
At 9/5/2012 11:55:23 AM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
If you behave like that, simply put, no. Get a grip, realise what being a politician is. It's compromising on issues which may be held dear to you just enough to stay in power to enact all your other legislation. It's a game of diplomacy, debate and marketing. People just get annoyed when their ideology isn't good at these three things.

I merely answered the first asked question, thereby making further comment indicative of stupidity. The answer reamains no, we can not ALL agree.
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 12:10:21 PM
At 9/5/2012 12:04:48 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 9/5/2012 11:55:23 AM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:

I merely answered the first asked question, thereby making further comment indicative of stupidity. The answer reamains no, we can not ALL agree.

Oh, sorry. Let me try it again.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 12:10:29 PM
At 9/5/2012 9:41:50 AM, logicrules wrote:

nope

Chaos88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 4:54:39 PM

There is a 100% chance you can be an upstanding stateman while running for office and being in office.
However, there is only a 10% chance you will be elected, and only a 1% chance you will be effective while in office.

The main reason is, while in office, comprimise is key. If you vote on my bill, I'll vote on yours. By presenting the facts in a certain light, you can force others to vote on your bill, but this may impede your character.
The main reason you won't get elected is because issues are more complex than they seem. And to answer any legitimate question, you need to give a minute explaination, which, quite frankly, no one wants to hear. Those with you care not for your reasons, and those against you (by party or by issue) don't have the intellectual integrity, curiousity, or ability to critically think about your comments.
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 7:10:36 PM
At 9/5/2012 4:54:39 PM, Chaos88 wrote:

There is a 100% chance you can be an upstanding stateman while running for office and being in office.
However, there is only a 10% chance you will be elected, and only a 1% chance you will be effective while in office.

The main reason is, while in office, comprimise is key. If you vote on my bill, I'll vote on yours. By presenting the facts in a certain light, you can force others to vote on your bill, but this may impede your character.
The main reason you won't get elected is because issues are more complex than they seem. And to answer any legitimate question, you need to give a minute explaination, which, quite frankly, no one wants to hear. Those with you care not for your reasons, and those against you (by party or by issue) don't have the intellectual integrity, curiousity, or ability to critically think about your comments.

Now that is BS. Look up all of the data that goes to research of each bill that gets passed or debated in politics.

NHS Bill

http://www.legislation.gov.uk... (Actual NHS Bill, third draft)

http://www.parliament.uk... (8 days of the third reading)

http://services.parliament.uk...
(All Amednment papers)

I can go on. The amount of hard work, sweat and tears that go into each bill, to word it in such a way that everyone gets what they want, is testament to the hard work each and every politician has to do to get anything done.

We can extend this through to look at every debate, every review, every questioning of every representative and only prove more that this is hard work.

We can keep going and going and going and going with this.

Chaos88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 1:13:43 AM
At 9/5/2012 7:10:36 PM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
At 9/5/2012 4:54:39 PM, Chaos88 wrote:

Now that is BS. Look up all of the data that goes to research of each bill that gets passed or debated in politics.

NHS Bill

http://www.legislation.gov.uk... (Actual NHS Bill, third draft)

http://www.parliament.uk... (8 days of the third reading)

http://services.parliament.uk...
(All Amednment papers)

I can go on. The amount of hard work, sweat and tears that go into each bill, to word it in such a way that everyone gets what they want, is testament to the hard work each and every politician has to do to get anything done.

We can extend this through to look at every debate, every review, every questioning of every representative and only prove more that this is hard work.

We can keep going and going and going and going with this.

The bills are hard work, not the explanations given for their support expressed directly to the voters. Outside of political junkies, no one will listen to a ten minute explanation of why a bill is bad, they only want their talking points so they can get back to American Idol and Jersey Shore. Keep in mind that President Obama won with nothing more than "Hope and Change" and the fact he wasn't Bush or his party. Obama spoke very well, but never really said anything.

Candidate debates are often fluff, and often irrelevant. Do you really think a Democrat is going to change their mind during the presidential debate? No. An independant voter is the only likely person to truly desire a debate. Keep in mind that the debate only allows 90 seconds or three minutes to answer with no time to let anything sink in, that is akin to DDO only allowing 2,000 characters.

In my experience in the real world, people will say their opinion, allow me to retort, then state their counter argument, and that is as far as political discussion goes in America. I have been told flat out by people that they will not do the research, like telling me one specific loophole for the rich. They just parrot the talking points.

Maybe in the U.K. it's different, but here in the U.S., people are lazy and stupid, and politicians probably like it that way. Frankly, we get the government we deserve.