Obama went in, we were first.
Now, we're seventh.

Coincidence?

yes

I don't think so...

No recession, America was first.
Now, America is seventh.

Coincidence?

Notice the top six include Germany, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Finland and Switzerland, with England a close eighth (when looking at the report).
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
Ron-Paul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 11:44:59 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/5/2012 11:42:38 AM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
At 9/5/2012 11:39:07 AM, Ron-Paul wrote:
At 9/5/2012 11:23:19 AM, logicrules wrote:
At 9/5/2012 11:13:49 AM, Ron-Paul wrote:
Now, we're seventh.

Coincidence?

yes

I don't think so...

Now, America is seventh.

Coincidence?

Notice the top six include Germany, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Finland and Switzerland, with England a close eighth (when looking at the report).

Yeah, places that also had the recession...
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 11:48:30 AM
At 9/5/2012 11:44:59 AM, Ron-Paul wrote:
Now, we're seventh.

Coincidence?

yes

I don't think so...

Now, America is seventh.

Coincidence?

Isn't Germany becoming more capitalist?
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 11:48:51 AM
Oh, btw, serious fact drawn away from the report (stated implicitly then explicitly) environmentally speaking, countries with more environmentally friendly politics do better than their non-friendly competitors. Germany, the most friendly country to renewables is one of the fastest growing according to GINI indexes and the study. Same goes for Austria and Nordic nations, and Mauritius, Korean Republic, Indonesia, Mexico, China, etc (regarding growth).

Economic facts say so much when you get the right ones and ignore the rest...
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Ron-Paul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 11:50:19 AM
At 9/5/2012 11:48:51 AM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
Oh, btw, serious fact drawn away from the report (stated implicitly then explicitly) environmentally speaking, countries with more environmentally friendly politics do better than their non-friendly competitors. Germany, the most friendly country to renewables is one of the fastest growing according to GINI indexes and the study. Same goes for Austria and Nordic nations, and Mauritius, Korean Republic, Indonesia, Mexico, China, etc (regarding growth).

So?
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 11:52:09 AM
At 9/5/2012 11:48:30 AM, 16kadams wrote:
At 9/5/2012 11:44:59 AM, Ron-Paul wrote:
Now, we're seventh.

Coincidence?

yes

I don't think so...

Now, America is seventh.

Coincidence?

Isn't Germany becoming more capitalist?

How do you become "more capitalist"? That's like being "more pregnant": you either are or you're not.

Do you mean leaning to less subsidies and less tariffs and things like that? Then no, not at all. They're putting the same amount of subsidy and aid to the hard electronic industry, and more into trying to break back into the soft electronic industry (which is, imo, a fruitless endeavour). They're also a lot more interventionist than other nations to begin with (though many don't like to admit it): people invest there in certain industries not because of the freer markets, but because the market is in the Eurozone and subsidies are great to take advantage of, as well as the East German investment (though that has tapered out in the last few years).

Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 11:53:29 AM
At 9/5/2012 11:50:19 AM, Ron-Paul wrote:

So?

So Economic facts can say one thing or another. e.g. intervene more into the economy, or intervene less into the economy. I don't like these reports viewed short term as people essentially adopt a "omfg we need to stop all government spending" when anything goes downhill, regardless of proper causation and due process.

logicrules
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 11:54:15 AM
Now, we're seventh.

Coincidence?

yes

I don't think so...

Let me get this, you agree with the statistics concerning a global eccon, and use them as support that Obama is what exactly? Didn't the "to big to fail" construct come from GW?
Ron-Paul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 11:55:14 AM
At 9/5/2012 11:53:29 AM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:

So?

So Economic facts can say one thing or another. e.g. intervene more into the economy, or intervene less into the economy. I don't like these reports viewed short term as people essentially adopt a "omfg we need to stop all government spending" when anything goes downhill, regardless of proper causation and due process.

But if America is on top and drops six places..
Ron-Paul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 11:55:55 AM
At 9/5/2012 11:54:15 AM, logicrules wrote:
Now, we're seventh.

Coincidence?

yes

I don't think so...

Let me get this, you agree with the statistics concerning a global eccon, and use them as support that Obama is what exactly? Didn't the "to big to fail" construct come from GW?

The drop didn't occur until Obama became president.
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 11:59:58 AM
At 9/5/2012 11:55:14 AM, Ron-Paul wrote:

So?

OMFG I DID NOT NOTICE THAT WE NEED TO DESTROY CONGRESS INVADE INDONESIA AND FOCUS ON OUR PRETZEL INDUSTRY

...I mean, did you expect me to post something different? I don't understand what I didn't cover. We get a report, this single company says that regarding these factors America is doing worse in this tiny period of time in the middle of a recession where everything's FUBAR, and so we need to have some massive overhaul of everything? No, of course not. There's a quote I'll find soon which is apt.

Ron-Paul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 12:02:06 PM
At 9/5/2012 11:59:58 AM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:

So?

OMFG I DID NOT NOTICE THAT WE NEED TO DESTROY CONGRESS INVADE INDONESIA AND FOCUS ON OUR PRETZEL INDUSTRY

...I mean, did you expect me to post something different? I don't understand what I didn't cover. We get a report, this single company says that regarding these factors America is doing worse in this tiny period of time in the middle of a recession where everything's FUBAR, and so we need to have some massive overhaul of everything? No, of course not. There's a quote I'll find soon which is apt.

If something is broken, why not fix it?
logicrules
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 12:03:10 PM
At 9/5/2012 11:55:55 AM, Ron-Paul wrote:
At 9/5/2012 11:54:15 AM, logicrules wrote:
Now, we're seventh.

Coincidence?

yes

I don't think so...

The drop didn't occur until Obama became president.

mmm well then you accept the statistics of the global economists and as such support Obama,s construct. I do not. The statistics are flawed to the extent they are based on formulae, which are based on assumptions. The US position in the world is one heck of alot more complicated than Obama. You keep blamein him though....
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 12:08:18 PM
At 9/5/2012 12:02:06 PM, Ron-Paul wrote:
At 9/5/2012 11:59:58 AM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:

So?

If something is broken, why not fix it?

1) What is proposed is not a fix, but a massive excessive overhaul of the entire system. It's the same reason I criticise the Occupy movement: yes, there's a recession, that's something that happens in a capitalist system. That still doesn't mean we should completely abolish money and all live in the wild getting to know our inner child and start loving the environment.

2) The fix is time, and the system in place. Do you propose you can do what no other government can, and reduce the entire deficit of a modernised country within, say, a year, without completely crushing the country's economy? George Osbourne thought he could: he failed, put us (brits) into a double-dip recession and screwed everyone about. Fixes don't take 4 years, and claiming you can do it that quickly is lunacy. Hell, I'll be surprised if it is fixed in the full 8 that's possible in America. Hollande sensibly predicted it would be until 2017 at the earliest for the French to recover, and that wasn't a bad economy all balanced up. In Britain we've all came to our senses (even the tories) that a one parliament cure for the deficit isn't going to happen. Simply put, what is happening is the obvious, the predicted, and the planned, and people are getting their panties in a twist over it.

3) I found the quotation: ". Madmen in authority, who hear voices in the air, are distilling their frenzy from some academic scribbler of a few years back." It'll be months now instead, but you'll be damned certain that any information that can be thrown at the opposition will be done without tact now with so little time left before election.

DontTreadOnMe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 12:17:59 PM
At 9/5/2012 12:16:03 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 9/5/2012 12:07:59 PM, DontTreadOnMe wrote:
Have a debate about it no need to argue.

To funny.....

hehehe
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 12:19:54 PM

So?

Basically he's pointing out that you're full of sh*t
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 12:44:08 PM
At 9/5/2012 12:19:54 PM, imabench wrote:

So?

Basically he's pointing out that you're full of sh*t

What? No, I seriously believe that we should start investing into our pretzel industry more heavily. What if those pesky Japanese muscle in? We need to protect ourselves. With missiles. Pretzel seeking missiles. ...that's not a bad idea actually.