Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 10:57:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
...was bada**.

Here's the text:
http://www.politico.com...

Post a full video if you find one.
Republicans should be mopping their bloody carcasses off the floor about now...if any still exist after that.
Sapere Aude!
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 11:05:16 PM
It was an impressive speech.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 11:09:13 PM
Agreed!
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 11:11:32 PM
I just find it interesting that bill clinton went on to complain that the republicans "hate" the president, and says he never hated republicans, and then goes onto crititize republicans in a hateful manner. Even though that's all the republicans are doing to Obama.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Apollo.11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 11:13:36 PM
At 9/5/2012 11:05:16 PM, Contra wrote:
It was an impressive speech.

Are you kidding me?! "Impressive?!"

Geez...That speech made the second time in my life that I associated the name 'Bill Clinton' with rape. It was much more than impressive. It was the collective summation of everything the Republicans aren't: factual, energetic, inspiring, bada**.

Let's see if Obama can top that.
Sapere Aude!
Apollo.11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 11:15:51 PM
At 9/5/2012 11:11:32 PM, darkkermit wrote:
I just find it interesting that bill clinton went on to complain that the republicans "hate" the president, and says he never hated republicans, and then goes onto crititize republicans in a hateful manner. Even though that's all the republicans are doing to Obama.

That was many things. 'Hateful' wasn't one of them. That was a logical destruction of the GOP's childish arguments. Hateful is what I would have been were I given the podium. Refuting fallacious arguments is not hateful, it is fundamentally necessary in our political system.
Sapere Aude!
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 11:17:48 PM
At 9/5/2012 11:15:51 PM, Apollo.11 wrote:
At 9/5/2012 11:11:32 PM, darkkermit wrote:

That was many things. 'Hateful' wasn't one of them. That was a logical destruction of the GOP's childish arguments. Hateful is what I would have been were I given the podium. Refuting fallacious arguments is not hateful, it is fundamentally necessary in our political system.

Assertions =/= logical destruction of GOP's "childish arguments"
Open borders debate:
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 11:26:32 PM
I think that Clinton's and Michelle Obama's speeches combined has had as much inspiration as all of the Republican convention's speeches combined.....
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 11:38:39 PM
At 9/5/2012 11:26:32 PM, imabench wrote:
I think that Clinton's and Michelle Obama's speeches combined has had as much inspiration as all of the Republican convention's speeches combined.....

Agreed 100%, I'm not Democrat or Republican but the DNC speeches have been far and beyond more intelligent, factual, and civil than the Republicans. A big difference I have been observing is that the DNC defends Obama with comparatively less attacks on Romney, but the RNC seemed to be resting its case on how crappy Obama is, not why Romney/Ryan would be a better alternative. 1000x more impressed with the DNC despite the fact that I disagree with Obama and Romney on the vast majority of stuff that matters
Apollo.11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 12:10:53 AM

Definitely disagree. I legitimately think that the Republicans managed to create negative inspiration.
Sapere Aude!
Shisno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 2:13:53 AM
At 9/6/2012 12:10:53 AM, Apollo.11 wrote:

Definitely disagree. I legitimately think that the Republicans managed to create negative inspiration.

I don't know. That talk Clint Eastwood had with the chair was pretty inspiring.
"To the gentleman who spoke just now... Excuse me, but would you care to die?"
-Shelly de Killer
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 8:57:55 AM
The speech was classic Bill Clinton. Clinton is the most charming an persuasive liar in all of politics. When Clinton said "I did not have sexual relations with that woman." He overflowed with sincerity, he waved his finger to emphasize the point, and told us all to listen carefully, because it was solid fact. Well, gotcha. It was a lie told by a master of the craft.

The details in Clinton's speech were rank with lies and distortions. Clinton started as a firm leftist, but the Gingrich Revolution in 1994 gave Republicans control of the House, and Clinton wisely moderated. The balanced budgets were Gingrich products that Clinton vetoed repeatedly until finally relenting. One major deregulation of banking that led to later problems was a bipartisan effort that Clinton signed into law.

The prosperity of the 90s was mainly a result of computers being brought into industry yielding major productivity improvements. Clinton cut capital gains taxes to spur investment; that's a Romney policy to which Obama is opposed.

The military was cut dramatically under Clinton, helping to balance the budget. 600,000 troops were cut at one time. Everyone agreed tat with the Cold War over, there was no need for a military--a bipartisan mistake.

The housing crash was a direct result of Democrat continuing to run Fannie and Freddie and issuing bad loans as a matter of policy.

There is a message here for debaters: a convincing lie does not equate to truth. Clinton is a charming guy. Libs love him for his truthiness, never mind it's all a story.
Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 9:01:38 AM
At 9/5/2012 11:38:39 PM, jat93 wrote:

Agreed 100%, I'm not Democrat or Republican but the DNC speeches have been far and beyond more intelligent, factual, and civil than the Republicans. A big difference I have been observing is that the DNC defends Obama with comparatively less attacks on Romney, but the RNC seemed to be resting its case on how crappy Obama is, not why Romney/Ryan would be a better alternative. 1000x more impressed with the DNC despite the fact that I disagree with Obama and Romney on the vast majority of stuff that matters

I agree with this statemetn. I'm disappointed in the GOP because they have been every bit as negative as Obama.
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 9:05:09 AM
At 9/6/2012 8:57:55 AM, RoyLatham wrote:
The speech was classic Bill Clinton. Clinton is the most charming an persuasive liar in all of politics. When Clinton said "I did not have sexual relations with that woman." He overflowed with sincerity, he waved his finger to emphasize the point, and told us all to listen carefully, because it was solid fact. Well, gotcha. It was a lie told by a master of the craft.

The details in Clinton's speech were rank with lies and distortions. Clinton started as a firm leftist, but the Gingrich Revolution in 1994 gave Republicans control of the House, and Clinton wisely moderated. The balanced budgets were Gingrich products that Clinton vetoed repeatedly until finally relenting. One major deregulation of banking that led to later problems was a bipartisan effort that Clinton signed into law.

The prosperity of the 90s was mainly a result of computers being brought into industry yielding major productivity improvements. Clinton cut capital gains taxes to spur investment; that's a Romney policy to which Obama is opposed.

The military was cut dramatically under Clinton, helping to balance the budget. 600,000 troops were cut at one time. Everyone agreed tat with the Cold War over, there was no need for a military--a bipartisan mistake.

The housing crash was a direct result of Democrat continuing to run Fannie and Freddie and issuing bad loans as a matter of policy.

There is a message here for debaters: a convincing lie does not equate to truth. Clinton is a charming guy. Libs love him for his truthiness, never mind it's all a story.

This. Clinton was almost as bad of a President as Obama. He is a liar and should not be taken seriously.
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 11:07:59 AM
At 9/5/2012 10:57:56 PM, Apollo.11 wrote:
...was bada**.

Here's the text:
http://www.politico.com...

Post a full video if you find one.
Republicans should be mopping their bloody carcasses off the floor about now...if any still exist after that.

Bill Clinton essentially said Democrats are for "strength through unity"; he is admitting democrats are fascists.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 1:11:24 PM

The details in Clinton's speech were rank with lies and distortions. Clinton started as a firm leftist, but the Gingrich Revolution in 1994 gave Republicans control of the House, and Clinton wisely moderated. The balanced budgets were Gingrich products that Clinton vetoed repeatedly until finally relenting.

Im going to need sources for those....

One major deregulation of banking that led to later problems was a bipartisan effort that Clinton signed into law.

Wait what? I thought you were always pro-deregulation! Hell isnt that why you give Obama so much hell because you think hes going to regulate the market to death?

So we should have kept those troops for no reason and lost ground in fighting the deficit?

Gonna need a souce showing it was purely the Dems and not both parties.

Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 1:14:22 PM
At 9/6/2012 9:05:09 AM, Microsuck wrote:

This. Clinton was almost as bad of a President as Obama. He is a liar and should not be taken seriously.

You're comparing Clinton, who managed to balance the budget several years in a row with help from Congress and stay out of any costly wars, to being just as bad as Obama, the man libertarians crucify as being a disaster for the national debt and inherited two wars costing over $500 billion a year each?

Where do you libertarians get off?

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 1:45:40 PM
At 9/6/2012 1:42:53 PM, jm_notguilty wrote:
At 9/6/2012 11:30:51 AM, DanT wrote:
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net...

http://i.imgur.com...

That's the most bullsh!t definition I've ever seen.

+1

darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 1:49:13 PM

Isn't that the strategy of the incumbent though? The incumbent should be more focused on boasting his own accomplishments rather than attacking the other candidate. While the challenger should be focused on attacking the incumbent.
Open borders debate:
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 1:51:56 PM
At 9/6/2012 1:49:13 PM, darkkermit wrote:

Isn't that the strategy of the incumbent though? The incumbent should be more focused on boasting his own accomplishments rather than attacking the other candidate. While the challenger should be focused on attacking the incumbent.

yeah but since Romney's support among voters comes from the fact that hes NOT Obama, hes kind of forced to paint himself as the exact opposite of Obama which pushes Romney further into a corner. Obama on the other hand doesnt have to change his game form any past incumbent at all and can even make a larger reach for independent voters since Romney really didnt get a chance to do so during the RNC....

jm_notguilty
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 2:00:36 PM
LOL I can't help but notice that the Clinton speech was so awesomely, inspiringly and persuasively badass that critics attack the speaker instead of the speech per se. Playing the 'liar' card? Really?
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 2:21:28 PM
Definitely awesome speech by Bill Clinton. Republicans know that he will be instrumental in convincing undecided voters and independents, so they actually try to pit Clinton against Obama. It's quite pathetic really.

This is my order of best speeches.

1. Michele Obama
2. Bill Clinton
3. Julian Castro
4. Deval Patrick

I hope the president knocks it out of the park tonight
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 6:32:22 PM
One common theme at the DNC was "we're all in this together." Smells a little like Socialism. I'm not kidding, "we're all in this together"? What does that mean? We should all use the wealth to create the roads, bridges, healthcare, welfare, social security, etc, all that could be more efficiently and effectively provided by the private sector?
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 6:36:12 PM
At 9/6/2012 6:32:22 PM, Contra wrote:
One common theme at the DNC was "we're all in this together." Smells a little like Socialism. I'm not kidding, "we're all in this together"? What does that mean? We should all use the wealth to create the roads, bridges, healthcare, welfare, social security, etc, all that could be more efficiently and effectively provided by the private sector?

Contra, go to your room

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 6:38:48 PM

They're saying that success isn't achieved on the back of one man, but with the combined effort of others. It reinforces the idea that we have to account for the health of others and account for justice and fair play.

You knew that damn well,...Become a Libertarian if you like, but please, please don't become one the annoying one's that have nothing but rhetoric and call everything leftwing socialist. It's unbecoming
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 6:58:04 PM
At 9/6/2012 6:38:48 PM, 000ike wrote:

They're saying that success isn't achieved on the back of one man, but with the combined effort of others. It reinforces the idea that we have to account for the health of others and account for justice and fair play.

You knew that damn well,...Become a Libertarian if you like, but please, please don't become one the annoying one's that have nothing but rhetoric and call everything leftwing socialist. It's unbecoming

We're all in this together=/=We should all pledge our duties to a collective.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 7:00:59 PM
At 9/6/2012 6:58:04 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

We're all in this together = we should all pledge our duties to a collective.

There! If that's the level of argumentation you want to engage in (mindless uncorroborated assertions), I'll be happy to oblige.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 7:03:20 PM
At 9/6/2012 7:00:59 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/6/2012 6:58:04 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

We're all in this together = we should all pledge our duties to a collective.

There! If that's the level of argumentation you want to engage in (mindless uncorroborated assertions), I'll be happy to oblige.

Lol, you're pathetic. Simply because we all leach of the externalities of one's own selfish behaviour does not mean that we should replace it with collective behaviour.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."