Jump to topic:

Bill Clinton's approval rating on DDO

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 1:17:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
We have big issues for Bush and Obama showing where their approval ratings are at. I figured we might as well have a quick poll to see what DDO'ers think of Bill Clinton...

http://poll.pollcode.com...
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 1:23:14 PM
At 9/6/2012 1:20:34 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
Clinton was the best recent president since Reagan.

I wonder what it would have been like to be the age we are in the 1980's and 1990's.... 2 Great presidents and George HW Bush in between must have made those times a pretty cool times to be in America compared to what we have right now...
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 1:25:40 PM
At 9/6/2012 1:23:14 PM, imabench wrote:

I wonder what it would have been like to be the age we are in the 1980's and 1990's.... 2 Great presidents and George HW Bush in between must have made those times a pretty cool times to be in America compared to what we have right now...

Like living on a nice beach and getting a nasty hurricane in between the nice periods.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 1:26:24 PM
At 9/6/2012 1:25:40 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

Like living on a nice beach and getting a nasty hurricane in between the nice periods.

Was HW that bad? I always thought he was just a watered down continuation of Reagan

Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 1:27:31 PM
At 9/6/2012 1:26:24 PM, imabench wrote:
At 9/6/2012 1:25:40 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

Was HW that bad? I always thought he was just a watered down continuation of Reagan

A shill.
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 2:21:38 PM

Qquite frankly, the 1980s was a golden decade of politics everywhere.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
Frederick53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 2:31:08 PM
I like Clinton as a person (I seriously don't care that he cheated on his wife in the White House, that is not a very accurate means of judging of a person's intelligence or morality) and I like what he stands for, but militarily he was pretty irresponsible. He let those missiles fly, and they quite often hit civilians and non military targets simply out of bad intel and laziness, which I consider to be inexcusable.
In 1975, the Second Vietnam War began -1Historygenius

Like no wonder that indian dude rejected you.- Darkkermit to royalpaladin

Social Darwinism is a justification- 1Historygenius

Equal opportunity exists, so there is no problem- EvanK
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 4:20:39 PM
At 9/6/2012 1:17:36 PM, imabench wrote:
We have big issues for Bush and Obama showing where their approval ratings are at. I figured we might as well have a quick poll to see what DDO'ers think of Bill Clinton...:

One of the best fiscal presidents of the last century. That, in my book, is just about the most important aspect of the presidency.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 4:28:13 PM
"President Bush said, and it's a phrase I often use myself, that we needed a New World Order."
-- President Bill Clinton

"Rarely have Americans lived through so much change, in so many ways, in so short a time. Quietly, but with gathering force, the ground has shifted beneath our feet as we have moved into an Information Age, a global economy, a truly new world." 

-- President William Clinton "State of the Union Address" 1998 

"We must all be profoundly grateful for the magnificent achievements of our forbearers in this century. Yet perhaps in the daily press of events, in the clash of controversy, we don't see our own time for what it truly is – a new dawn for America." 

-- President William Clinton "State of the Union Address" 1999
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 4:35:15 PM
At 9/6/2012 4:28:13 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
"President Bush said, and it's a phrase I often use myself, that we needed a New World Order."

"Rarely have Americans lived through so much change, in so many ways, in so short a time. Quietly, but with gathering force, the ground has shifted beneath our feet as we have moved into an Information Age, a global economy, a truly new world." 

"We must all be profoundly grateful for the magnificent achievements of our forbearers in this century. Yet perhaps in the daily press of events, in the clash of controversy, we don't see our own time for what it truly is – a new dawn for America." 

you can leave now

TheAsylum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 4:40:32 PM
At 9/6/2012 4:28:13 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

They said it and no body listened, Heck, they still dont.
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 4:45:24 PM
At 9/6/2012 4:20:39 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 9/6/2012 1:17:36 PM, imabench wrote:
We have big issues for Bush and Obama showing where their approval ratings are at. I figured we might as well have a quick poll to see what DDO'ers think of Bill Clinton...:

One of the best fiscal presidents of the last century. That, in my book, is just about the most important aspect of the presidency.

One of?

The man proposed a budget that resulted in a budget surplus.

A surplus. Remember when such things existed??

He was the best.

He played the saxophone and charmed the pants off of women.

He was on the opening sequence of the Animaniacs.

The man got head in the Oval Office, got caught, apologized and literally crying on national television live, and still kept his wife, a woman so impressive, it would take her husband to be president to even be mentioned first.

He was an excellent speaker and continues to be. He has never left his post as a public servant, continuing to rally for his political initiatives, and travelling the world pursuing noble means.

Bill Clinton is probably my favorite president.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 5:19:31 PM
At 9/6/2012 2:31:08 PM, Frederick53 wrote:
I like Clinton as a person (I seriously don't care that he cheated on his wife in the White House, that is not a very accurate means of judging of a person's intelligence or morality) and I like what he stands for, but militarily he was pretty irresponsible. He let those missiles fly, and they quite often hit civilians and non military targets simply out of bad intel and laziness, which I consider to be inexcusable.

I'd have to disagree and say cheating on your wife in the white house is a fair accurate means of judging a persons morality. I do agree that he, like most recent presidents, went little wild blowing sht up, like aspirin factories.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 5:21:39 PM
Clinton bad Star sex abuse scandle.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 5:23:20 PM
At 9/6/2012 5:21:39 PM, lannan13 wrote:
Clinton bad Star sex abuse scandle.

thats the biggest lump of meaningless words ive ever head

Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 5:26:49 PM
Clinton's boom wasn't exactly his accomplishment, but since people judge presidents on what happens during their terms, he was pretty fantastic.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 5:33:10 PM
At 9/6/2012 5:26:49 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Clinton's boom wasn't exactly his accomplishment, but since people judge presidents on what happens during their terms, he was pretty fantastic.

I assume you'll be applying the same logic to Obama? Or is this just another inconsistent reply you use to detract from a party when it's conducive to your purposes?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Frederick53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 5:37:14 PM
At 9/6/2012 5:19:31 PM, lewis20 wrote:
At 9/6/2012 2:31:08 PM, Frederick53 wrote:

I'd have to disagree and say cheating on your wife in the white house is a fair accurate means of judging a persons morality. I do agree that he, like most recent presidents, went little wild blowing sht up, like aspirin factories.

I know that I should have pointed this out before, but there's a difference between ethics and morals. What he did may have been unethical, but unless you subscribe to traditional religious values (you know, stone the adulterer and all that) then it was not really immoral. But that's just my opinion. And I have to say, I think that his biggest crime was getting caught. So many scandals like that have happened over the years, and yet usually the president (JFK, for one) gets away with it because no one found out until way after the fact.

Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 5:42:42 PM
At 9/6/2012 5:33:10 PM, 000ike wrote:

I assume you'll be applying the same logic to Obama? Or is this just another inconsistent reply you use to detract from a party when it's conducive to your purposes?

Actually, if you apply this logic to Obama- that a President is responsible for what happens in his term- then Obama would not do so well, considering that the recovery has been slow and unemployment is still above 8%.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 5:45:33 PM

Ya, Obama's bad economy wasn't his own doing, but since people judge presidents on what happens during their terms, he was pretty terrible.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 5:45:34 PM

Ike lets not pretend that the Republican controlled Congress shutting the f*ck up and working with Dems wasnt vital to their being a balanced budget....

16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 5:52:04 PM
At 9/6/2012 5:45:34 PM, imabench wrote:

Obama had a democratic congress for two years, nothing good happened. However, I think the president can be blamed for making regulations (they can do that), and, in the long term, what laws go into effect as they have to sign them. If that is the case, I support Clinton as the government had to close many times for the Republicans to pass the Clinton era budgets.

I really dislike all presidents to until Reagan, and even then he wasn't perfect.

Ike lets not pretend that the Republican controlled Congress shutting the f*ck up and working with Dems wasnt vital to their being a balanced budget....
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
TheAsylum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 6:28:28 PM
Yeah, almost impeached Bill, for monica lewenski and lying under oath. Now He is running around saying believe him and support Obama. He seems legit.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 6:30:56 PM
At 9/6/2012 6:28:28 PM, TheAsylum wrote:
Yeah, almost impeached Bill, for monica lewenski and lying under oath. Now He is running around saying believe him and support Obama. He seems legit.

If a president can balance the budget then he can force illegal immigrant girls under the age of 15 to smoke crack cocaine off of his own penis for all I care.....

TheAsylum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 6:38:18 PM
At 9/6/2012 6:30:56 PM, imabench wrote:

If a president can balance the budget then he can force illegal immigrant girls under the age of 15 to smoke crack cocaine off of his own penis for all I care.....

Yeah, we can see your standards are top-notch.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 6:39:26 PM
At 9/6/2012 6:38:18 PM, TheAsylum wrote:
At 9/6/2012 6:30:56 PM, imabench wrote:

Yeah, we can see your standards are top-notch.

Oh tell me then Bible worshipper, who do you think was a good president?

TheAsylum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 7:35:51 PM

You bullheadness smells bad. I dont worship the Bible. I worship Jesus. Jesus is the Word. He said so himself and you should know that, your Christian.
I liked JFK.
Frederick53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 8:20:02 PM
At 9/6/2012 7:35:51 PM, TheAsylum wrote:

You bullheadness smells bad. I dont worship the Bible. I worship Jesus. Jesus is the Word. He said so himself and you should know that, your Christian.
I liked JFK.

What a coincidence, because JFK had many many affairs. Bill Clinton only had one (if you could even call it an affair).