Jump to topic:

The looming "war with Iran."

MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 4:48:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Read before posting your theories: http://blogs.jpost.com...
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
Frederick53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 5:04:11 PM
I think that this reaffirms what most sensible people here have been saying.
In 1975, the Second Vietnam War began -1Historygenius

Like no wonder that indian dude rejected you.- Darkkermit to royalpaladin

Social Darwinism is a justification- 1Historygenius

Equal opportunity exists, so there is no problem- EvanK
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 8:59:41 AM
From the article:

"Last month, Netanyahu made his strategy clear. "The paradox is that if [the Iranians] actually believe that they are going to face the military option, then you probably will not need the military option," he said in an interview with Fox News."

In my old days I would have said, that is a really good strategy. Now I have come to decide that politicians using "psychology" as a means of foreign policy is extremely dangerous.

What is he going to do next, reverse psychology? "Iran, go ahead and build a bomb......"

Politicians need to start putting the truth in their foreign relation strategy and stop playing psychologist. What is simply wrong about stating:

"Iran, we will support your nuclear industry as long as it is fully disclosed. We will all you access to ours for monitoring and we will have access to yours and at anytime it is found that there is covert operations going on pertaining to nuclear weapons development or materials above a certain grade, we will require a $1 trillion payment to the UN which will be taken if not willingly given."

Of course the above is a method for people who really want to stop the advancement of nuclear weapons, not those who really want to continue to seek advantage over their adversaries.

Instead we are going to get a bunch of "psychology" spewed at us and oh by the way, we will not be told when anything is a bluff or not and as a result public opinion will move to support a war because of the level of psychology used as propaganda.

We got suckered into Iraq and we are getting suckered into Iran.
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 9:13:52 AM
If Israel feels the treat is real then they should move in. If they trust their intel and feel such a threat then load the guns and march. This is no one else's war. Israel has never fought a war to subjugate a nation and it's not easy.

If the USA fears Iran too they can join in but I don't think it does.

I don't work at Mossad's or the CIA's top office so I don't know the truth but if the threat is real Israel shouldn't hesitate to act. If they act and it was a lie Israel's public image will never recover.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 3:54:27 PM
At 9/7/2012 8:59:41 AM, slo1 wrote:
From the article:

"Last month, Netanyahu made his strategy clear. "The paradox is that if [the Iranians] actually believe that they are going to face the military option, then you probably will not need the military option," he said in an interview with Fox News."

In my old days I would have said, that is a really good strategy. Now I have come to decide that politicians using "psychology" as a means of foreign policy is extremely dangerous.

What is he going to do next, reverse psychology? "Iran, go ahead and build a bomb......"

Politicians need to start putting the truth in their foreign relation strategy and stop playing psychologist. What is simply wrong about stating:

"Iran, we will support your nuclear industry as long as it is fully disclosed. We will all you access to ours for monitoring and we will have access to yours and at anytime it is found that there is covert operations going on pertaining to nuclear weapons development or materials above a certain grade, we will require a $1 trillion payment to the UN which will be taken if not willingly given."

Right... so apparently you know a lot about this topic. Except that the IAEA offered to do just that. And they refused.

Try doing research before pretending to be an expert on something, OK?
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)