Jump to topic:

Gary Johnson or Chains: Take Your Pick

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 7:15:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
"Oh, youre voting for the lesser of two evils? Tell me how voting for evil has been working out for you."
-- Condescending Wonka
http://cdn.memegenerator.net...

Joe Biden was right when he slipped up and admitted that the banks subsidized by the government (and vise versa) will put you all back in chains.

40 Points That Prove That Barack Obama And Mitt Romney Are Essentially The Same Candidate
http://www.infowars.com...

The real choice is either Gary Johnson or Obamney, freedom or fascism. Very easy and simple choice to make.

If you absolutely refuse to vote Johnson, at least vote for David Rockefeller and demote him to President.

"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 7:22:02 PM
At 9/6/2012 7:17:36 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
Why is everything you post just other people's work?

Nope, go browse the politics forum or my debate history. I have built many cases of my own.

Do you expect us to argue with you, or infowars?

You dont want citations? If I say "Obamney," I think it helps that I post a link to an article documenting why they are the same.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 7:25:07 PM
At 9/6/2012 7:18:01 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
What about Stein?

Lol.

If she was a Green Libertarian like Ralph Nader then sure, but it appears she is just another Green Liberal.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 7:26:26 PM
40 Stupidities from Infowars

3. Mitt Romney says that Barack Obama's bailout of the auto industry was actually his idea. False. Romney opposed the bailout and wanted the industry to immediately go through restructuring. I thought infowars was always right and factual?

5. They both believe in big government and they both have a track record of being big spenders while in office. False. Romney's spending shrank as governor when adjusted for inflation.

12. Barack Obama and Mitt Romney have both been big promoters of universal health care. Their approaches were completely different. Romneycare is Massachusettscare, seeing as Romney opposed much of it. But it doesn't do a candidate good to say "I don't support this law that I signed".

15. Neither candidate wants to eliminate the income tax or the IRS. That doesn't make them the same. Romney wants to cut personal taxes, cut corporate taxes, and move to a territorial tax system. Obama doesn't want to do all that. Their policies are not the same. That's almost the same as saying "They both have policies about government spending, so they are the same".

16. Both candidates want to keep personal income tax rates at the exact same levels for the vast majority of Americans. Uh... seriously? THIS IS THE SITE YOU GET YOUR FACTS FROM?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!??! So, cutting tax rates across the board now qualifies as keeping rates at the exact same level? So full of fail.

Annoyed at the stretching of single facts into multiple facts. Both support Bernanke, AND think he did a good job, AND would reappoint him... that's not really three things. Same with patriot act and NDAA.

23. Barack Obama has not closed Guantanamo Bay like he promised to do, and Mitt Romney actually wants to double the number of prisoners held there. How is that being similar? Obama wants to close it, but can't.

25. They both support the job-killing "free trade" agenda of the global elite. Seriously? Yeah, their positions on trade are totally the same...

Shall I keep going?
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 7:29:26 PM
At 9/6/2012 7:22:02 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 9/6/2012 7:17:36 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
Why is everything you post just other people's work?

Nope, go browse the politics forum or my debate history. I have built many cases of my own.

Do you expect us to argue with you, or infowars?

You dont want citations? If I say "Obamney," I think it helps that I post a link to an article documenting why they are the same.

Still waiting for you to prove that they are going to take my guns. A simple quotation of the treaty will suffice.

Your arguments seem to all be stolen from infowars. Either quotes, or plagiarism.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 7:33:44 PM
At 9/6/2012 7:26:26 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
40 Stupidities from Infowars

3. Mitt Romney says that Barack Obama's bailout of the auto industry was actually his idea. False. Romney opposed the bailout and wanted the industry to immediately go through restructuring. I thought infowars was always right and factual?

5. They both believe in big government and they both have a track record of being big spenders while in office. False. Romney's spending shrank as governor when adjusted for inflation.

12. Barack Obama and Mitt Romney have both been big promoters of universal health care. Their approaches were completely different. Romneycare is Massachusettscare, seeing as Romney opposed much of it. But it doesn't do a candidate good to say "I don't support this law that I signed".

15. Neither candidate wants to eliminate the income tax or the IRS. That doesn't make them the same. Romney wants to cut personal taxes, cut corporate taxes, and move to a territorial tax system. Obama doesn't want to do all that. Their policies are not the same. That's almost the same as saying "They both have policies about government spending, so they are the same".

16. Both candidates want to keep personal income tax rates at the exact same levels for the vast majority of Americans. Uh... seriously? THIS IS THE SITE YOU GET YOUR FACTS FROM?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!??! So, cutting tax rates across the board now qualifies as keeping rates at the exact same level? So full of fail.

Annoyed at the stretching of single facts into multiple facts. Both support Bernanke, AND think he did a good job, AND would reappoint him... that's not really three things. Same with patriot act and NDAA.

23. Barack Obama has not closed Guantanamo Bay like he promised to do, and Mitt Romney actually wants to double the number of prisoners held there. How is that being similar? Obama wants to close it, but can't.

25. They both support the job-killing "free trade" agenda of the global elite. Seriously? Yeah, their positions on trade are totally the same...

Shall I keep going?

Obama and Romney are going to pursue the same basic policies, Don't know why you are trying to defend or define differences in either candidate as they don't exist. Other than your apparent hate for Geo and inforwars
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 7:37:29 PM
At 9/6/2012 7:33:44 PM, lewis20 wrote:
Obama and Romney are going to pursue the same basic policies, Don't know why you are trying to defend or define differences in either candidate as they don't exist. Other than your apparent hate for Geo and inforwars

I'm not defining differences. The differences exist. In record, and in policy.
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 7:38:03 PM
At 9/6/2012 7:37:29 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 9/6/2012 7:33:44 PM, lewis20 wrote:

I'm not defining differences. The differences exist. In record, and in policy.

If you disagree, how about you, oh, I don't know... address the points I made? You know, like a logical approach to discussing things?
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 7:40:38 PM
What about Stein?

I'm pulling for her and Obama. Either one will do.
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 7:41:22 PM
At 9/6/2012 7:25:07 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
What about Stein?

Lol.

If she was a Green Libertarian like Ralph Nader then sure, but it appears she is just another Green Liberal.

This.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 7:43:57 PM

lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 7:46:39 PM

Spending Rose 5% under Romney every year. Assuming you blindly follow the Feds definition of inflation.
http://www.politifact.com...

lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 7:49:08 PM

Kidding right? Terrible argument, Romney has been on both sides of the issue.

JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 7:50:03 PM
At 9/6/2012 7:43:57 PM, lewis20 wrote:

1 - Clip lied. GM has not paid back its bailout. They are currently, IIRC, $15 billion short. Not to mention the $45 billion in taxes that they aren't having to pay.

2 - Romney did advocate what happened. GM was given billions of dollars to restructure... it didn't work. GM went bankrupt. Romney's plan? Let GM go bankrupt, so they can restructure and come out strong.

Sorry, but MSNBC lied(surprise).

It wasn't the bailout that saved the auto industry. It was them going through bankruptcy, and it could have been handled much better.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 7:51:11 PM

? I can't even follow you're logic anymore. Neither candidate has proposed across the board tax cuts. The only difference in income tax policy is the 5% for the highest tax bracket.

JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 7:52:56 PM
At 9/6/2012 7:46:39 PM, lewis20 wrote:

Spending Rose 5% under Romney every year. Assuming you blindly follow the Feds definition of inflation.
http://www.politifact.com...

FROM YOUR OWN LINK!

"For the inflation-adjusted numbers, spending fell by about three-tenths of 1 percent over the five-year period discussed above, or by about four-tenths of 1 percent percent over the three-year alternative period. Those are small declines, but they are declines."
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 7:53:06 PM
At 9/6/2012 7:50:03 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:

1 - Clip lied. GM has not paid back its bailout. They are currently, IIRC, $15 billion short. Not to mention the $45 billion in taxes that they aren't having to pay.

2 - Romney did advocate what happened. GM was given billions of dollars to restructure... it didn't work. GM went bankrupt. Romney's plan? Let GM go bankrupt, so they can restructure and come out strong.

It wasn't the bailout that saved the auto industry. It was them going through bankruptcy, and it could have been handled much better.

What worked or didn't work is irrelevant, both Romney and Obama supported the same policy, that is government funded bailout.

JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 7:57:45 PM
At 9/6/2012 7:51:11 PM, lewis20 wrote:

? I can't even follow you're logic anymore. Neither candidate has proposed across the board tax cuts. The only difference in income tax policy is the 5% for the highest tax bracket.

Wow...

Just wow...

See, this is what I get frustrated with. Romney hasn't propsed tax cuts, huh?

http://www.mittromney.com...

Make permanent, across-the-board 20 percent cut in marginal rates

What is a 'cut in marginal rates' if it isn't a cut?
LeafRod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 7:58:27 PM
"29. Both candidates earned a degree from Harvard University."

What a joke.

More similarities between Obama and Romney:

41. Both have two eyes.
42. Both are men.
43. Neither is a Russian named Stepan.
44. Both are alive.
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 7:58:39 PM
At 9/6/2012 7:53:06 PM, lewis20 wrote:
At 9/6/2012 7:50:03 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:

What worked or didn't work is irrelevant, both Romney and Obama supported the same policy, that is government funded bailout.

NO. ROMNEY DIDN"T SUPPORT THE BAILOUT.

Romney supported GM going through bankruptcy. Not being handed checks. They are not the same thing.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 8:12:00 PM
At 9/6/2012 7:58:27 PM, LeafRod wrote:

What a joke.

41. Both have two eyes.
42. Both are men.
44. Both are alive.

45. Both are (ALLEGEDLY) human.
46. Both are controlled by the Illluminati.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 8:27:48 PM
If the guy that gets all of his arguments and worldviews from memes and infowars supports Gary Johnson........ Then thats all the reason I need to not vote for Gary Johnson.....
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 8:30:04 PM
At 9/6/2012 8:27:48 PM, imabench wrote:
If the guy that gets all of his arguments and worldviews from memes and infowars supports Gary Johnson........ Then thats all the reason I need to not vote for Gary Johnson.....

My favorite part, is if you ask him to defend something that infowars posts... he'll quote infowars...
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 8:30:25 PM
At 9/6/2012 8:12:00 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 9/6/2012 7:58:27 PM, LeafRod wrote:

What a joke.

41. Both have two eyes.
42. Both are men.
44. Both are alive.

45. Both are (ALLEGEDLY) human.
46. Both are controlled by the Illluminati.

47. Both have families
48. Both want to be president
49. Both have the letter M in their last name
50. Both have money

Cant trust them at all
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 8:30:48 PM
At 9/6/2012 8:30:04 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 9/6/2012 8:27:48 PM, imabench wrote:

My favorite part, is if you ask him to defend something that infowars posts... he'll quote infowars...

^^^^

Ron-Paul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 9:09:14 PM
At 9/6/2012 7:15:44 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
"Oh, youre voting for the lesser of two evils? Tell me how voting for evil has been working out for you."
-- Condescending Wonka
http://cdn.memegenerator.net...

Lol that's my profile picture.