logicrules
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 9:14:33 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/7/2012 9:05:37 AM, TheAsylum wrote:
If so, we will, Get our butt kicked.

Well, that the USA is a nation of babies is another topic.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 9:15:52 AM
At 9/7/2012 9:04:22 AM, logicrules wrote:
The next war, one Declared by both houses of Congress by a 2/3 majority, will be with China. Comments?

thats moronic on so many levels
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
logicrules
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 9:18:40 AM
At 9/7/2012 9:15:52 AM, imabench wrote:
The next war, one Declared by both houses of Congress by a 2/3 majority, will be with China. Comments?

LOL prove it. Semper fi
Justin_Thiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 9:19:35 AM

My thought: "Maybe it's time to move to New Zealand or Australia..." LoL
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 9:20:29 AM
At 9/7/2012 9:18:40 AM, logicrules wrote:

LOL prove it. Semper fi
LOL
'sup DDO -- july 2013
CiRrK
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 9:25:02 AM

I predict that this most likely wouldnt come to pass unless something catastrophic happens against our allies Taiwan and/or Japan.

However, it is my analysis that China wont be able to become a military rival to the US due to economic (huge Chinese bubbles), political (unrest of the growing middle class) and demographic reasons (gender imbalance).
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 9:25:16 AM

LOL prove it. Semper fi

1) China is too valuable of a trading ally, The US has had a history of avoiding confrontation with China due to how valuable of a trading partner they are. In the 1990's when multiple cases of human rights violations were going on the US simply let it happen.

2) China is expected to have a heavily modernized military by 2020 and the US has only gone to war against countries with week militaries that can be overrun in a few weeks, they would never declare war on China because that would lead to a huge long and costly war

3) The public opinion of the war would be 0% since the people are already sick of wars that will give no benefits

4) You havent given any evidence of all stating why the US would go to war with China, no reason at all, and I see no incentive why they would go to war nor what would cost the war

5) There are numerous other hot spots in the world that could trigger US military intervention prior to China which can include Iran, Syria, Sudan, Somalia, etc
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 9:38:30 AM

Only if we can create intern camps for all walmart employees who are sympathizer to the Chinese cause. We could make the camps into factories to continue to make cheap goods for us.
logicrules
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 9:41:05 AM
At 9/7/2012 9:25:16 AM, imabench wrote:

LOL prove it. Semper fi

1) China is too valuable of a trading ally, The US has had a history of avoiding confrontation with China due to how valuable of a trading partner they are. In the 1990's when multiple cases of human rights violations were going on the US simply let it happen.
Trade? We owe them Billions
2) China is expected to have a heavily modernized military by 2020 and the US has only gone to war against countries with week militaries that can be overrun in a few weeks, they would never declare war on China because that would lead to a huge long and costly war
So we Lose the war
3) The public opinion of the war would be 0% since the people are already sick of wars that will give no benefits
LOL thats we are babies.....seperate issue
4) You havent given any evidence of all stating why the US would go to war with China, no reason at all, and I see no incentive why they would go to war nor what would cost the war

War is always ecconomic...we can never pay um back.....Dems will love it They Declare war and Golobal warming...the first green war.
5) There are numerous other hot spots in the world that could trigger US military intervention prior to China which can include Iran, Syria, Sudan, Somalia, etc
We dont owe them Money

mmmm Not so moronic after all
logicrules
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 9:42:36 AM
At 9/7/2012 9:38:30 AM, slo1 wrote:

Only if we can create intern camps for all walmart employees who are sympathizer to the Chinese cause. We could make the camps into factories to continue to make cheap goods for us.

Isn't working for Walmart voluntary internment Now?
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 9:47:38 AM
At 9/7/2012 9:41:05 AM, logicrules wrote:

LOL prove it. Semper fi

You have no idea how trading with overseas nations works do you?

So we Lose the war

Which is why we would avoid going to war with them in the first place

Now you are just being a dumba**

War is always ecconomic...we can never pay um back.....Dems will love it They Declare war and Golobal warming...the first green war.

Wars are fought for other reasons that arent economic you know... And your explanation that the Dems will love war against China is even more moronic then your other claim that we would declare war on China

We dont owe them Money

Not everything is driven by the national debt you know

God you're a dumba**, how about you give some reasons why China will be the next war we declare then.

logicrules
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 10:03:24 AM
At 9/7/2012 9:47:38 AM, imabench wrote:

LOL prove it. Semper fi

So we Lose the war

Wars are fought for other reasons that arent economic you know... And your explanation that the Dems will love war against China is even more moronic then your other claim that we would declare war on China

We dont owe them Money

God you're a dumba**, how about you give some reasons why China will be the next war we declare then.

The topic is war.....try to remain phungent. All wars are about money, ie currency. btw....i meant ALL
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 10:45:37 AM
At 9/7/2012 10:03:24 AM, logicrules wrote:
At 9/7/2012 9:47:38 AM, imabench wrote:

LOL prove it. Semper fi

So we Lose the war

We dont owe them Money

The topic is war.....try to remain phungent. All wars are about money, ie currency. btw....i mean ALL

So you don't have a reason. Got it

Also how was the war in Afghanistan about money and not about terrorism?

logicrules
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 10:59:12 AM

Also how was the war in Afghanistan about money and not about terrorism?

Not a war by any standard other than propaganda. see above
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 11:01:20 AM

The topic is war.....try to remain phungent. All wars are about money, ie currency. btw....i meant ALL
So no religion, no ideology, no irredentism? Outside NATO wars hurt an economy more than they help it.

money =/= currency.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
logicrules
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 11:06:49 AM
At 9/7/2012 11:01:20 AM, Zetsubou wrote:

So no religion, no ideology, no irredentism? Outside NATO wars hurt an economy more than they help it.

money =/= currency.

No not exactly.....the act of waging war doesn't assist the eccon......the reason for waging is to get more currency, religion et al are just excuses...
tBoonePickens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 11:08:58 AM
Sure, but if China were to attack one of our allies: Japan, Taiwan, S. Korea, Philippines, etc. then the USA would retaliate. As far as the trading ally thing goes: China needs the US more than the US needs China. If we stopped importing ALL Chinese goods, what do you think would happen to China?

Depends what you mean by heavily modernized. In comparison to the US, China is not on par nor will it be by 2020. No way, no how. Our military is by FAR superior to the Chinese now and will remain so for the foreseeable future, ESPECIALLY 2020. China has 2 new aircraft carriers, only they're 40 year old Soviet diesel powered carriers! They are far behind technologically by several generations.

That's pure speculation in favor of your opinion. One can easily come up with a scenario in which a war with China could be popular with the American people. Also, we did reap benefits from the wars in the middle east: we have't had any 911-type attacks, our enemies have been drastically reduced and disrupted, etc. I would say that there have been prosecutorial mistakes in the wars from both sides of the political isle, and this has contributed to the weak popularity of the wars.

This is true; however, it doesn't take much creativity to come up with viable scenarios. China is already in the process of becoming a world power and expanding their sphere of influence.

This is also true. A war with China in the near future is not likely or at least not as likely as a war with many of the other nations which you have suggested.
WOS
: At 10/3/2012 4:28:52 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
: Without nothing existing, you couldn't have something.
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 11:46:42 AM
No they are only strong in numbers. We are the world's last superpower. We are still ranked as the world's greatest military power, and china is still ranked as #3.
http://www.globalfirepower.com...
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
Frederick53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 2:08:40 PM
Ok, if America IS going to have another completely legitimate war, then yes it will be with China. But chances are the US will never actually declare war again. At this point any conflict that we get involved in we can settle covertly and/or illegaly.
In 1975, the Second Vietnam War began -1Historygenius

Like no wonder that indian dude rejected you.- Darkkermit to royalpaladin

Social Darwinism is a justification- 1Historygenius

Equal opportunity exists, so there is no problem- EvanK
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 2:15:35 PM

We would not. China is the punching bag of the world and always has been. Superior armies have slaughtered supposedly "overwhelming" numbers of the Chinese. Everyone from the Mongolians, British and Japanese have done it. We far outstrip China in air power, naval power and nuclear weapon capabilities.

Honestly, the ignorance on this site makes me want to cry sometimes. I used to think this place was a bastion of intelligence but I'm quickly discovering it to be a haven for idiots.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 2:16:15 PM
At 9/7/2012 2:08:40 PM, Frederick53 wrote:
Ok, if America IS going to have another completely legitimate war, then yes it will be with China. But chances are the US will never actually declare war again. At this point any conflict that we get involved in we can settle covertly and/or illegaly.

Nothing is illegal in international politics until there is a one world government.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 2:23:20 PM
At 9/7/2012 2:15:35 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

We would not. China is the punching bag of the world and always has been. Superior armies have slaughtered supposedly "overwhelming" numbers of the Chinese. Everyone from the Mongolians, British and Japanese have done it. We far outstrip China in air power, naval power and nuclear weapon capabilities.

Honestly, the ignorance on this site makes me want to cry sometimes. I used to think this place was a bastion of intelligence but I'm quickly discovering it to be a haven for idiots.

China tactic: charge until the enemy runs out of bullets
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
logicrules
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 2:39:12 PM
At 9/7/2012 2:16:15 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

Nothing is illegal in international politics until there is a one world government.

We will.....we have ourselves boxed in. Heck we are practicing now.
Frederick53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 2:41:08 PM

By illegally I mean underhandedly. Mercenary armies (Guatemala, Nicaragua) and/or political genocide (Indonesia, about 800,000 killed) are things that have been far more convenient for the US in the past in place of a legitimate war.

logicrules
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 2:42:25 PM
For the we will get our posteriors kicked crowed....we sure will. The US is a bunch of cry babies, even the military. Heck we have weight rooms in combat zones that are used. In a full fledged real war it would take six months to clean the pool for the real warriors to take over.

Semper Fi
logicrules
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 2:44:15 PM
At 9/7/2012 2:41:08 PM, Frederick53 wrote:

By illegally I mean underhandedly. Mercenary armies (Guatemala, Nicaragua) and/or political genocide (Indonesia, about 800,000 killed) are things that have been far more convenient for the US in the past in place of a legitimate war.

Invasion?
Frederick53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 2:47:58 PM
At 9/7/2012 2:44:15 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 9/7/2012 2:41:08 PM, Frederick53 wrote:

Invasion?

Hm? No, I don't think that that would ever happen. You're talking about China, right?

OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 2:58:27 PM
Chance with NK, maybe Iran, but China?

Doubt it.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-