Total Posts:17|Showing Posts:1-17
Jump to topic:

median household income has fallen by 7.3 per

imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 1:22:07 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
During the time Barack Obama has been in office, I grew 4.5 inches
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 1:45:49 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/8/2012 1:10:13 AM, DontTreadOnMe wrote:
During the time Barack Obama has been in the White House, median household income has fallen by 7.3 percent.

http://www.forbes.com...

3-1 twitterers are better off though, than they were 4 years ago.
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
Stephen_Hawkins
Posts: 5,316
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 4:52:06 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Now compare this to other nations. Ferrara enjoys taking negative figures and using them to present bad news, even if they are reflective of every other nation as well, or even if the negative figures don't actually reflect true data.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 6:38:37 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/8/2012 1:10:13 AM, DontTreadOnMe wrote:
During the time Barack Obama has been in the White House, median household income has fallen by 7.3 percent.

http://www.forbes.com...

Factor in inflation its more like 15%.

In Ohio a family making 50K/year who own a home have a tax burden, including ALL fed, state, local taxes and imposed spending (car insurance, health care) of 60% of gross pay. And some say that is fair....
logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 6:39:54 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/8/2012 1:22:07 AM, imabench wrote:
During the time Barack Obama has been in office, I grew 4.5 inches

Silly one....you are projecting again. You wish statements of fact were post hoc.
Chaos88
Posts: 247
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2012 4:34:50 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
In Ohio a family making 50K/year who own a home have a tax burden, including ALL fed, state, local taxes and imposed spending (car insurance, health care) of 60% of gross pay. And some say that is fair....

False!

For a married family of three making $50K in 2011 with no itemized deductions, no childcare/health/other deduction/credits (except child tax credit), no use taxes, and both spouses work (for Ohio joint filing credit):

Federal tax: $2,294
Ohio state tax: $1,012 [1]
Municipal Tax (the largest I could find was 3% in Parma Heights): $1,352
School District tax (the largest in various areas was 2%): $901 [2]
Sales Tax (highest rate is 6%, assuming 50% of income is spent on this): $1,500

These taxes combined are only 14.12%.
If they own a home, there are many variables in play to make a broad statement. However, let's say they pay $3K in property taxes (still don't itemize), $300/month in health care, and $100/mo in car insurance.
Throw in payroll tax of 5.65%, and we get a grand tax of 35.37% of gross income.

This is a far cry from 60%. In fact, to hit 60%, as you claim, there needs to be an additional $12,000 in mandatory spending.

1. http://tax.ohio.gov...
2. http://tax.ohio.gov...
logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2012 8:51:43 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/9/2012 4:34:50 AM, Chaos88 wrote:
In Ohio a family making 50K/year who own a home have a tax burden, including ALL fed, state, local taxes and imposed spending (car insurance, health care) of 60% of gross pay. And some say that is fair....

False!

For a married family of three making $50K in 2011 with no itemized deductions, no childcare/health/other deduction/credits (except child tax credit), no use taxes, and both spouses work (for Ohio joint filing credit):

Federal tax: $2,294
Ohio state tax: $1,012 [1]
Municipal Tax (the largest I could find was 3% in Parma Heights): $1,352
School District tax (the largest in various areas was 2%): $901 [2]
Sales Tax (highest rate is 6%, assuming 50% of income is spent on this): $1,500

These taxes combined are only 14.12%.
If they own a home, there are many variables in play to make a broad statement. However, let's say they pay $3K in property taxes (still don't itemize), $300/month in health care, and $100/mo in car insurance.
Throw in payroll tax of 5.65%, and we get a grand tax of 35.37% of gross income.

This is a far cry from 60%. In fact, to hit 60%, as you claim, there needs to be an additional $12,000 in mandatory spending.

1. http://tax.ohio.gov...
2. http://tax.ohio.gov...

LOL who said three.....
FYI...Property tax. Sales tax, Fees....nice try. I live in ohio and never heard of a "school tax". Property tax in my area, not the highest, amounts to over 2% of assessment value..translation, 2100/100K.
Itemize....LOL, no mortgage, only itemization is the permitted deductible for Health Care. Car Insurance, a fee imposed by government. read the post again, do not add to or subtract from what I said.

After witholding....ya get back overage the following year 37,500
Prop tax......2500
Fees (taxes).....could be as low as 500, unlikely actual figure from Obama....over 2500
Sales tax...using an anual non food budget of 18,000 and not factoring Gasoline taxes at atual rate......1300
Total on the swag.....16,000

when adjusted for specifics....ie 50% of all monies spent goes to already paid corporate taxes....do the math.

Real numbers....36,400 after mandated witholding
Car Insurance (1500)
Health Insurance....(3200 for one)
Property tax....(5000)
Gasoline taxes...(1200) (bus pass more and Bus is owned by government)
Sales tax on just needed items...soap, towles, water, electri etc....(2200)
Addition "use fees".....(1500)
total to/for government......25,000 (included Health in withholding, not including co-pay or deductable)

wake up
Chaos88
Posts: 247
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2012 4:36:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/9/2012 8:51:43 AM, logicrules wrote:
At 9/9/2012 4:34:50 AM, Chaos88 wrote:
In Ohio a family making 50K/year who own a home have a tax burden, including ALL fed, state, local taxes and imposed spending (car insurance, health care) of 60% of gross pay. And some say that is fair....

False!

For a married family of three making $50K in 2011 with no itemized deductions, no childcare/health/other deduction/credits (except child tax credit), no use taxes, and both spouses work (for Ohio joint filing credit):

Federal tax: $2,294
Ohio state tax: $1,012 [1]
Municipal Tax (the largest I could find was 3% in Parma Heights): $1,352
School District tax (the largest in various areas was 2%): $901 [2]
Sales Tax (highest rate is 6%, assuming 50% of income is spent on this): $1,500

These taxes combined are only 14.12%.
If they own a home, there are many variables in play to make a broad statement. However, let's say they pay $3K in property taxes (still don't itemize), $300/month in health care, and $100/mo in car insurance.
Throw in payroll tax of 5.65%, and we get a grand tax of 35.37% of gross income.

This is a far cry from 60%. In fact, to hit 60%, as you claim, there needs to be an additional $12,000 in mandatory spending.

1. http://tax.ohio.gov...
2. http://tax.ohio.gov...

LOL who said three.....
You implied it when you said family. Most people think of family as a couple and child(ren).
FYI...Property tax. Sales tax, Fees....nice try.
What nice try? These are taxes, without which you don't even come close to 60%. Notice how you said 60%, and using these "nice try" taxes, you only attained 50%.

I live in ohio and never heard of a "school tax".
Not my fault you live in a a state and are unaware of taxes. I cited the source from the Ohio taxation authority, and you doubt me? You probably just don't live in an area that has one. But this does speak volumes of your grasp on tax issues, doesn't it?
Property tax in my area, not the highest, amounts to over 2% of assessment value..translation, 2100/100K.
Couldn't you just say 2.1%?
Itemize....LOL, no mortgage, only itemization is the permitted deductible for Health Care.
Can't speak for Ohio law, but federal itemization is not LOL. You can deduct state taxes and property taxes. So, even if you have no mortgage, you could still itemize on federal forms. If it is just you (no family, just you single taxpayer) and you say your property tax is $2,500, then you might itemize depending.
Car Insurance, a fee imposed by government. read the post again, do not add to or subtract from what I said.
I did add it in, read my post. I accounted for everything you said and nothing more. I said $100/month. I said it in the second calculation because it is unknown, unlike the income taxes which can be calculated. Why should anyone believe you when you can't read a response?

After witholding....ya get back overage the following year 37,500
1. withholding are not taxes, if you get them back
2. fine, you want to include it for taxes paid in 2011, fine. But you need to include the refund from 2010.
3. withholding vary by what you claim on W-4, so it is hard to compare, thus I used ACTUAL taxes owed. You could change your withholdings so less is withheld.
Prop tax......2500
I used a higher amount.
Fees (taxes).....could be as low as 500, unlikely actual figure from Obama....over 2500
Like what?
Sales tax...using an anual non food budget of 18,000 and not factoring Gasoline taxes at atual rate......1300
1. I had a higher amount
2. Your numbers equal 7.2%. According to my research, the highest sales tax was 6%.
Total on the swag.....16,000
When adding your numbers, I get $18,800, can you not do simple math? Regardless, this $18,800 is still only 37.6%. Pretty damn close to my estimated numbers, isn't it?

when adjusted for specifics ....ie 50% of all monies spent goes to already paid corporate taxes....do the math.
Hey, you said something correct, I think. Taxes do inflate costs.


Real numbers....36,400 after mandated witholding
Is the gross still $50K? If so, you should really change your withholding.
Car Insurance (1500)
Health Insurance....(3200 for one)
Is this mandated in Ohio? Because it is not federally, yet. If it is not mandated, it is not a tax issue, yet, is it?
Property tax....(5000)
With tax this high, itemizing is likely if single or HOH.
Gasoline taxes...(1200) (bus pass more and Bus is owned by government)
Gas tax S+F is 46.4 cents/gallon [1,2]. This is 2,586 gallons. At 20 mpg, this is 51,724 miles. Do you really drive this much? Also, this is easily over $8,000 in fuel expense.
Sales tax on just needed items...soap, towles, water, electri etc....(2200)
This means you spent no less than $36,666 in purchases, plus the $2200 in tax. Almost $39K, which is more than your take home pay. Plus you have your insurance and property tax and gas (over $15,000). These cannot be real numbers.
Addition "use fees".....(1500)
total to/for government......25,000 (included Health in withholding, not including co-pay or deductable)


wake up
I could if you made any sense and/or didn't lie.

1. http://tax.ohio.gov...
2. http://www.eia.gov...
logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 6:30:59 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/9/2012 4:36:26 PM, Chaos88 wrote:
At 9/9/2012 8:51:43 AM, logicrules wrote:
At 9/9/2012 4:34:50 AM, Chaos88 wrote:
In Ohio a family making 50K/year who own a home have a tax burden, including ALL fed, state, local taxes and imposed spending (car insurance, health care) of 60% of gross pay. And some say that is fair....

False!

For a married family of three making $50K in 2011 with no itemized deductions, no childcare/health/other deduction/credits (except child tax credit), no use taxes, and both spouses work (for Ohio joint filing credit):

Federal tax: $2,294
Ohio state tax: $1,012 [1]
Municipal Tax (the largest I could find was 3% in Parma Heights): $1,352
School District tax (the largest in various areas was 2%): $901 [2]
Sales Tax (highest rate is 6%, assuming 50% of income is spent on this): $1,500

These taxes combined are only 14.12%.
If they own a home, there are many variables in play to make a broad statement. However, let's say they pay $3K in property taxes (still don't itemize), $300/month in health care, and $100/mo in car insurance.
Throw in payroll tax of 5.65%, and we get a grand tax of 35.37% of gross income.

This is a far cry from 60%. In fact, to hit 60%, as you claim, there needs to be an additional $12,000 in mandatory spending.

1. http://tax.ohio.gov...
2. http://tax.ohio.gov...

LOL who said three.....
You implied it when you said family. Most people think of family as a couple and child(ren).
FYI...Property tax. Sales tax, Fees....nice try.
What nice try? These are taxes, without which you don't even come close to 60%. Notice how you said 60%, and using these "nice try" taxes, you only attained 50%.

I live in ohio and never heard of a "school tax".
Not my fault you live in a a state and are unaware of taxes. I cited the source from the Ohio taxation authority, and you doubt me? You probably just don't live in an area that has one. But this does speak volumes of your grasp on tax issues, doesn't it?
Property tax in my area, not the highest, amounts to over 2% of assessment value..translation, 2100/100K.
Couldn't you just say 2.1%?
Itemize....LOL, no mortgage, only itemization is the permitted deductible for Health Care.
Can't speak for Ohio law, but federal itemization is not LOL. You can deduct state taxes and property taxes. So, even if you have no mortgage, you could still itemize on federal forms. If it is just you (no family, just you single taxpayer) and you say your property tax is $2,500, then you might itemize depending.
Car Insurance, a fee imposed by government. read the post again, do not add to or subtract from what I said.
I did add it in, read my post. I accounted for everything you said and nothing more. I said $100/month. I said it in the second calculation because it is unknown, unlike the income taxes which can be calculated. Why should anyone believe you when you can't read a response?

After witholding....ya get back overage the following year 37,500
1. withholding are not taxes, if you get them back
2. fine, you want to include it for taxes paid in 2011, fine. But you need to include the refund from 2010.
3. withholding vary by what you claim on W-4, so it is hard to compare, thus I used ACTUAL taxes owed. You could change your withholdings so less is withheld.
Prop tax......2500
I used a higher amount.
Fees (taxes).....could be as low as 500, unlikely actual figure from Obama....over 2500
Like what?
Sales tax...using an anual non food budget of 18,000 and not factoring Gasoline taxes at atual rate......1300
1. I had a higher amount
2. Your numbers equal 7.2%. According to my research, the highest sales tax was 6%.
Total on the swag.....16,000
When adding your numbers, I get $18,800, can you not do simple math? Regardless, this $18,800 is still only 37.6%. Pretty damn close to my estimated numbers, isn't it?

when adjusted for specifics ....ie 50% of all monies spent goes to already paid corporate taxes....do the math.
Hey, you said something correct, I think. Taxes do inflate costs.


Real numbers....36,400 after mandated witholding
Is the gross still $50K? If so, you should really change your withholding.
Car Insurance (1500)
Health Insurance....(3200 for one)
Is this mandated in Ohio? Because it is not federally, yet. If it is not mandated, it is not a tax issue, yet, is it?
Property tax....(5000)
With tax this high, itemizing is likely if single or HOH.
Gasoline taxes...(1200) (bus pass more and Bus is owned by government)
Gas tax S+F is 46.4 cents/gallon [1,2]. This is 2,586 gallons. At 20 mpg, this is 51,724 miles. Do you really drive this much? Also, this is easily over $8,000 in fuel expense.
Sales tax on just needed items...soap, towles, water, electri etc....(2200)
This means you spent no less than $36,666 in purchases, plus the $2200 in tax. Almost $39K, which is more than your take home pay. Plus you have your insurance and property tax and gas (over $15,000). These cannot be real numbers.
Addition "use fees".....(1500)
total to/for government......25,000 (included Health in withholding, not including co-pay or deductable)


wake up
I could if you made any sense and/or didn't lie.

1. http://tax.ohio.gov...
2. http://www.eia.gov...

Ok....you win.....50%. Government ordered, or forced monopoly spending...
1. Car insurance
2. Home owners Insurance (for all who finance
3... Utilities
4. Health Care
5,...All fees charged by banks
6. Cable
7 Phone
Chaos88
Posts: 247
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 11:10:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/11/2012 6:30:59 AM, logicrules wrote:
At 9/9/2012 4:36:26 PM, Chaos88 wrote:

Ok....you win.....50%. Government ordered, or forced monopoly spending...
Of course I win, but we did not agree on 50%, as the only way you got that number was with impossible expenses. I believe I gave you a number of 35%, why not use that? Or does that not incite enough rage in people?

Furthermore, you list of forced spending does not hold, either.
1. Car insurance
Only if you own a car and drive on public roads.
2. Home owners Insurance (for all who finance
How is this forced? You choose to get a mortgage. Save you money and buy property outright to avoid this, then.
3... Utilities
Seriously?
Monopolies are for practicality purposes. Do you want five phone lines maintained by five different phone companies? Water lines? Electrical lines? Sewage lines?
4. Health Care
Not yet, but to be fair, when you include it, you should increase gross pay by the amount, if any, your employer pays on your behalf.
5,...All fees charged by banks
How is this a monopoly or government? I do not pay fees on my checking account, and I get interest on it. You are not required to have a bank account, it is your choice. If you are being charged fees solely for have an account, try a credit union, then.
6. Cable
Hardly a monopoly when there is the satelite alternative.
7 Phone
See: utility argument. Plus there are cell phone alternatives.

Why do you constantly exaggerate or lie in your arguments? Of the seven listed expenses, only one will be mandatory by government, and only two are mandatory (one by gov't) if you choose to accept the terms.
logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2012 6:00:13 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/11/2012 11:10:37 PM, Chaos88 wrote:
At 9/11/2012 6:30:59 AM, logicrules wrote:
At 9/9/2012 4:36:26 PM, Chaos88 wrote:

Ok....you win.....50%. Government ordered, or forced monopoly spending...
Of course I win, but we did not agree on 50%, as the only way you got that number was with impossible expenses. I believe I gave you a number of 35%, why not use that? Or does that not incite enough rage in people?

Furthermore, you list of forced spending does not hold, either.
1. Car insurance
Only if you own a car and drive on public roads.
2. Home owners Insurance (for all who finance
How is this forced? You choose to get a mortgage. Save you money and buy property outright to avoid this, then.
3... Utilities
Seriously?
Monopolies are for practicality purposes. Do you want five phone lines maintained by five different phone companies? Water lines? Electrical lines? Sewage lines?
4. Health Care
Not yet, but to be fair, when you include it, you should increase gross pay by the amount, if any, your employer pays on your behalf.
5,...All fees charged by banks
How is this a monopoly or government? I do not pay fees on my checking account, and I get interest on it. You are not required to have a bank account, it is your choice. If you are being charged fees solely for have an account, try a credit union, then.
6. Cable
Hardly a monopoly when there is the satelite alternative.
7 Phone
See: utility argument. Plus there are cell phone alternatives.

Why do you constantly exaggerate or lie in your arguments? Of the seven listed expenses, only one will be mandatory by government, and only two are mandatory (one by gov't) if you choose to accept the terms.

LOL...There are alternatives.....can and string is always an option. Though, I do not consider phone a utility...go figure. You support high taxes to pay work fare recipients (all government employees, yes military too). I do not, I think 50% is unfair. I think any who make less than 50K should pay no taxes. I think 75% of ALL government employees should be fired, cut. I think all elected representatives should not be paid. I think to big to fail should be replaced with to big to exist. I think Romney and Obama are two sides of the same coin. I think there are too many laws, we should eliminate all passed after 1930. I think the best best way to ensure failure is for the government to make it a priority.

There now you know what I think, but not how I got there.
Chaos88
Posts: 247
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2012 9:46:29 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/12/2012 6:00:13 AM, logicrules wrote:
At 9/11/2012 11:10:37 PM, Chaos88 wrote:
At 9/11/2012 6:30:59 AM, logicrules wrote:
At 9/9/2012 4:36:26 PM, Chaos88 wrote:

Ok....you win.....50%. Government ordered, or forced monopoly spending...
Of course I win, but we did not agree on 50%, as the only way you got that number was with impossible expenses. I believe I gave you a number of 35%, why not use that? Or does that not incite enough rage in people?

Furthermore, you list of forced spending does not hold, either.
1. Car insurance
Only if you own a car and drive on public roads.
2. Home owners Insurance (for all who finance
How is this forced? You choose to get a mortgage. Save you money and buy property outright to avoid this, then.
3... Utilities
Seriously?
Monopolies are for practicality purposes. Do you want five phone lines maintained by five different phone companies? Water lines? Electrical lines? Sewage lines?
4. Health Care
Not yet, but to be fair, when you include it, you should increase gross pay by the amount, if any, your employer pays on your behalf.
5,...All fees charged by banks
How is this a monopoly or government? I do not pay fees on my checking account, and I get interest on it. You are not required to have a bank account, it is your choice. If you are being charged fees solely for have an account, try a credit union, then.
6. Cable
Hardly a monopoly when there is the satelite alternative.
7 Phone
See: utility argument. Plus there are cell phone alternatives.

Why do you constantly exaggerate or lie in your arguments? Of the seven listed expenses, only one will be mandatory by government, and only two are mandatory (one by gov't) if you choose to accept the terms.

LOL...There are alternatives.....can and string is always an option. Though, I do not consider phone a utility...go figure. You support high taxes to pay work fare recipients (all government employees, yes military too). I do not, I think 50% is unfair. I think any who make less than 50K should pay no taxes. I think 75% of ALL government employees should be fired, cut. I think all elected representatives should not be paid. I think to big to fail should be replaced with to big to exist. I think Romney and Obama are two sides of the same coin. I think there are too many laws, we should eliminate all passed after 1930. I think the best best way to ensure failure is for the government to make it a priority.

There now you know what I think, but not how I got there.

You are so trenched in your beliefs, that you can't think straight. You keep saying 50%, when it is clearly not; I have proven this three times. Once hypothetically, once with numbers you gave, and once with "real" numbers which had spending at over $70K on $50k gross.

You are so entrenched in your false statitcs that you keep changing them. This is evidenced by your claim that the rate was 60% in taxes and forced spending, then with "real" numbers, it was 50% (though it was impossible), and finally it was 50% taxes, forced spending, and monopoly payments. Amazingly, with three different stats at your disposal, you have zero evidence to support any of them. In fact, you didn't even know about taxes in your own state (school district tax), yet you ignorantly spout out stats you must have heard and cling to them after they're disproven.

More over, you have no evidence that I support high taxes. Did I say I do? No. My only comment on this thread is that your stat of 60% tax rate was false. Apparently, I care more about the truth than you.

By the way, I didn't ask what you thought about the government. Thanks for telling me, but I don't know why you did, as it takes away from the issue at hand.

However, since you think that $50K should pay no taxes, it isn't really relevant if they are paying 50 or 60%, as you say, or 35%, as I say, since it is more than zero. So, why cling to the higher number when it has been proven false? It doesn't affect your argument that taxes should be zero, and it gives you credibility because you aren't spreading misinformation.
But, for whatever reason, you won't change your view on an insignificant detail, given the context.
logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2012 11:00:33 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
You are so trenched in your beliefs, that you can't think straight. You keep saying 50%, when it is clearly not; I have proven this three times. Once hypothetically, once with numbers you gave, and once with "real" numbers which had spending at over $70K on $50k gross.

You are so entrenched in your false statitcs that you keep changing them. This is evidenced by your claim that the rate was 60% in taxes and forced spending, then with "real" numbers, it was 50% (though it was impossible), and finally it was 50% taxes, forced spending, and monopoly payments. Amazingly, with three different stats at your disposal, you have zero evidence to support any of them. In fact, you didn't even know about taxes in your own state (school district tax), yet you ignorantly spout out stats you must have heard and cling to them after they're disproven.

More over, you have no evidence that I support high taxes. Did I say I do? No. My only comment on this thread is that your stat of 60% tax rate was false. Apparently, I care more about the truth than you.

By the way, I didn't ask what you thought about the government. Thanks for telling me, but I don't know why you did, as it takes away from the issue at hand.

However, since you think that $50K should pay no taxes, it isn't really relevant if they are paying 50 or 60%, as you say, or 35%, as I say, since it is more than zero. So, why cling to the higher number when it has been proven false? It doesn't affect your argument that taxes should be zero, and it gives you credibility because you aren't spreading misinformation.
But, for whatever reason, you won't change your view on an insignificant detail, given the context.

LOL....Let's use you're method...You are so entrenched in your mythology that you believe you are logical. You are so used to conformity that your fail to question anything you get from a government source. You are a product of a poor system which permits you to interpose terms having entirely different meanings and argue your doing so is acceptable because, it is conformity. (affect is not effect, effect follows cause)

You are, in all likelihood, a sycophant by nature.
Chaos88
Posts: 247
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2012 7:20:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/12/2012 11:00:33 AM, logicrules wrote:
You are so trenched in your beliefs, that you can't think straight. You keep saying 50%, when it is clearly not; I have proven this three times. Once hypothetically, once with numbers you gave, and once with "real" numbers which had spending at over $70K on $50k gross.

You are so entrenched in your false statitcs that you keep changing them. This is evidenced by your claim that the rate was 60% in taxes and forced spending, then with "real" numbers, it was 50% (though it was impossible), and finally it was 50% taxes, forced spending, and monopoly payments. Amazingly, with three different stats at your disposal, you have zero evidence to support any of them. In fact, you didn't even know about taxes in your own state (school district tax), yet you ignorantly spout out stats you must have heard and cling to them after they're disproven.

More over, you have no evidence that I support high taxes. Did I say I do? No. My only comment on this thread is that your stat of 60% tax rate was false. Apparently, I care more about the truth than you.

By the way, I didn't ask what you thought about the government. Thanks for telling me, but I don't know why you did, as it takes away from the issue at hand.

However, since you think that $50K should pay no taxes, it isn't really relevant if they are paying 50 or 60%, as you say, or 35%, as I say, since it is more than zero. So, why cling to the higher number when it has been proven false? It doesn't affect your argument that taxes should be zero, and it gives you credibility because you aren't spreading misinformation.
But, for whatever reason, you won't change your view on an insignificant detail, given the context.

LOL....Let's use you're method...You are so entrenched in your mythology that you believe you are logical. You are so used to conformity that your fail to question anything you get from a government source. You are a product of a poor system which permits you to interpose terms having entirely different meanings and argue your doing so is acceptable because, it is conformity. (affect is not effect, effect follows cause)

You are, in all likelihood, a sycophant by nature.

SIGH...
You have stated three different stats in this thread, proving none of them.
You have accused me of making up a tax, which actually helps your argument, because you have never heard of it, when it is a state tax in your state.
You have accused me of defending high taxes, with zero evidence.
You go on a tyraid of why the government sucks, which isn't relevant to the thread.

You now accuse me of believing everything the government tells me, when the only thing the government has told me IS WHAT TAX IS OWED AND HOW THEY FIGURE IT. This is the only government source you have knowledge of my accepting, and I crunched the numbers myself. Who should I believe on this topic if not the taxing authority?

I don't understand you LogicRules. You make valid points in other threads, but here, you barely defend yourself, you respond with derision, you attack me personally, make up stats, extrapolate wildly, and go off on tangents. It's like talking to a wall. I would call you a troll, but I know you don't act like this with others.

So, if I am a sycophant, you are either an idiot or a zealot, and as a result, you either are incapable of understanding my points, or refuse to. I'll let you decide.

Regardless, I'm done with this conversation. I tire of your derision, your insults, and your made up stats, which was the whole point of my engaging you.
logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2012 5:41:52 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/13/2012 7:20:23 PM, Chaos88 wrote:
At 9/12/2012 11:00:33 AM, logicrules wrote:
You are so trenched in your beliefs, that you can't think straight. You keep saying 50%, when it is clearly not; I have proven this three times. Once hypothetically, once with numbers you gave, and once with "real" numbers which had spending at over $70K on $50k gross.

You are so entrenched in your false statitcs that you keep changing them. This is evidenced by your claim that the rate was 60% in taxes and forced spending, then with "real" numbers, it was 50% (though it was impossible), and finally it was 50% taxes, forced spending, and monopoly payments. Amazingly, with three different stats at your disposal, you have zero evidence to support any of them. In fact, you didn't even know about taxes in your own state (school district tax), yet you ignorantly spout out stats you must have heard and cling to them after they're disproven.

More over, you have no evidence that I support high taxes. Did I say I do? No. My only comment on this thread is that your stat of 60% tax rate was false. Apparently, I care more about the truth than you.

By the way, I didn't ask what you thought about the government. Thanks for telling me, but I don't know why you did, as it takes away from the issue at hand.

However, since you think that $50K should pay no taxes, it isn't really relevant if they are paying 50 or 60%, as you say, or 35%, as I say, since it is more than zero. So, why cling to the higher number when it has been proven false? It doesn't affect your argument that taxes should be zero, and it gives you credibility because you aren't spreading misinformation.
But, for whatever reason, you won't change your view on an insignificant detail, given the context.

LOL....Let's use you're method...You are so entrenched in your mythology that you believe you are logical. You are so used to conformity that your fail to question anything you get from a government source. You are a product of a poor system which permits you to interpose terms having entirely different meanings and argue your doing so is acceptable because, it is conformity. (affect is not effect, effect follows cause)

You are, in all likelihood, a sycophant by nature.

SIGH...
You have stated three different stats in this thread, proving none of them.
You have accused me of making up a tax, which actually helps your argument, because you have never heard of it, when it is a state tax in your state.
You have accused me of defending high taxes, with zero evidence.
You go on a tyraid of why the government sucks, which isn't relevant to the thread.

You now accuse me of believing everything the government tells me, when the only thing the government has told me IS WHAT TAX IS OWED AND HOW THEY FIGURE IT. This is the only government source you have knowledge of my accepting, and I crunched the numbers myself. Who should I believe on this topic if not the taxing authority?

I don't understand you LogicRules. You make valid points in other threads, but here, you barely defend yourself, you respond with derision, you attack me personally, make up stats, extrapolate wildly, and go off on tangents. It's like talking to a wall. I would call you a troll, but I know you don't act like this with others.

So, if I am a sycophant, you are either an idiot or a zealot, and as a result, you either are incapable of understanding my points, or refuse to. I'll let you decide.

Regardless, I'm done with this conversation. I tire of your derision, your insults, and your made up stats, which was the whole point of my engaging you.

Good....go use you can and string, ride your bike and pretend you support fairness and liiberty.
angelicaB
Posts: 2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2012 11:58:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
The United States Census releases an annual report of several things such as economic standing from the previous years' data. This year's release, covering 2011, has just been unveiled. Among other findings, the Census found poverty rates hardly changed and the median income dropped, nationwide. It isn't exactly a secret that the past few years haven"t exactly been kind to a lot of people. Many lost their jobs and a lot of people are struggling to get hired, even those with a good education. There are jobs, but the bulk of them aren"t exactly the kind of employment one can build much of a life on.