Total Posts:21|Showing Posts:1-21
Jump to topic:

Why Aren't You Voting For Gary Johnson

GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 5:27:11 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Why aren't you voting for Gary Johnson.
List your reasons.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Posts: 2,900
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 5:36:41 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/8/2012 5:27:11 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Why aren't you voting for Gary Johnson.
List your reasons.

I'm not old enough to vote.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 8:31:27 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
1. I can't vote. 2. I don't know his platform that well. 3. I wouldn't if I could vote because it would be throwing my vote away.

And, Geo, how do you know Gary J isn't a Rothschild, or Illuminati member in disguise, trying to make people think he's not?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 8:44:55 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/8/2012 5:27:11 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Why aren't you voting for Gary Johnson.
List your reasons.

1. "If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal" - Emma Goldman

That pretty much sums it up. Any circumstance in which my vote would actually matter certainly does not apply to this election, so it wouldn't be worth my time or effort.
President of DDO
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 10:15:54 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/8/2012 8:44:55 AM, Danielle wrote:
At 9/8/2012 5:27:11 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Why aren't you voting for Gary Johnson.
List your reasons.

1. "If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal" - Emma Goldman

That pretty much sums it up. Any circumstance in which my vote would actually matter certainly does not apply to this election, so it wouldn't be worth my time or effort.

Because he can't win, and he steals more votes that would otherwise go to Romney. And Romney is the better candidate, imo, for fixing our economy.
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
Stephen_Hawkins
Posts: 5,316
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 10:20:06 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/8/2012 8:44:55 AM, Danielle wrote:
At 9/8/2012 5:27:11 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Why aren't you voting for Gary Johnson.
List your reasons.

1. "If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal" - Emma Goldman

That pretty much sums it up. Any circumstance in which my vote would actually matter certainly does not apply to this election, so it wouldn't be worth my time or effort.

2. "Voting is the most precious right of every citizen, and we have a moral obligation to ensure the integrity of our voting process."
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 10:44:16 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Not old enough.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
imabench
Posts: 21,220
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 12:02:06 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
1) Waste of a vote
2) Dont know anything about him since hes only famous for riding Ron Paul's Coattails
3) His fans are annoying as hell
4) They cant even get elected to state positions as part of the Libertarian party, they have to latch on to the Republican party which implies that the libertarian party cannot organize well enough to compete even with my support
5) I am an obnoxious liberal who still likes Obama at this point
6) All third party movements crash into the ground hard after 1 or 2 runs (Remember Russ Perot?) so it is in my belief that Libertarianism could possibly just be a fad

And most importantly:

7) Even if they do get elected theres no way in hell they could get anything done because all Legislation passes through Congress who wouldnt pass anything the Libertarian president proposed, making him useless.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 12:04:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/8/2012 12:02:06 PM, imabench wrote:
1) Waste of a vote
2) Dont know anything about him since hes only famous for riding Ron Paul's Coattails
3) His fans are annoying as hell
4) They cant even get elected to state positions as part of the Libertarian party, they have to latch on to the Republican party which implies that the libertarian party cannot organize well enough to compete even with my support
5) I am an obnoxious Conservative who still likes Romney at this point
6) All third party movements crash into the ground hard after 1 or 2 runs (Remember Russ Perot?) so it is in my belief that Libertarianism could possibly just be a fad

And most importantly:

7) Even if they do get elected theres no way in hell they could get anything done because all Legislation passes through Congress who wouldnt pass anything the Libertarian president proposed, making him useless.

And this, with my some fix's.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
imabench
Posts: 21,220
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 1:21:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/8/2012 12:04:07 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 9/8/2012 12:02:06 PM, imabench wrote:
1) Waste of a vote
2) Dont know anything about him since hes only famous for riding Ron Paul's Coattails
3) His fans are annoying as hell
4) They cant even get elected to state positions as part of the Libertarian party, they have to latch on to the Republican party which implies that the libertarian party cannot organize well enough to compete even with my support
5) I am an obnoxious Conservative who still likes Romney at this point
6) All third party movements crash into the ground hard after 1 or 2 runs (Remember Russ Perot?) so it is in my belief that Libertarianism could possibly just be a fad

And most importantly:

7) Even if they do get elected theres no way in hell they could get anything done because all Legislation passes through Congress who wouldnt pass anything the Libertarian president proposed, making him useless.

And this, with my some fix's.

HAR HAR HAR HURR DURR DURRRRR
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 3:20:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/8/2012 8:44:55 AM, Danielle wrote:
1. "If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal" - Emma Goldman

That pretty much sums it up. Any circumstance in which my vote would actually matter certainly does not apply to this election, so it wouldn't be worth my time or effort.

Voting has already mattered. Ron Paul won 5 states, enough to get a speaking spot at the RNC, the GOP blatantly snubbed him and blocked him out and now people are outraged and aware of the conspiracy against liberty. If no one voted, Ron Paul wouldn't even be mentioned.

If a candidate wins by a landslide, there's nothing the establishment can do. They rely on the media to brainwash people so that they don't have to commit voter fraud to make the establishment candidate win.

You can say voting doesn't matter all you want but a vote for Gary Johnson is making a statement. If no one turns out for Johnson, that would be really quite sad and disappointing and we would deserve whatever we got coming to us.

.
.
.
.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 3:27:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/8/2012 12:02:06 PM, imabench wrote:
7) Even if they do get elected theres no way in hell they could get anything done because all Legislation passes through Congress who wouldnt pass anything the Libertarian president proposed, making him useless.

If he gets elected as President, how can you seriously think that the Libertarians either a) Won't have a majority or b) won't be substantial in the legislative process?
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
imabench
Posts: 21,220
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 3:56:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/8/2012 3:20:19 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 9/8/2012 8:44:55 AM, Danielle wrote:
1. "If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal" - Emma Goldman

That pretty much sums it up. Any circumstance in which my vote would actually matter certainly does not apply to this election, so it wouldn't be worth my time or effort.

Voting has already mattered. Ron Paul won 5 states, enough to get a speaking spot at the RNC, the GOP blatantly snubbed him and blocked him out and now people are outraged and aware of the conspiracy against liberty. If no one voted, Ron Paul wouldn't even be mentioned.

If a candidate wins by a landslide, there's nothing the establishment can do. They rely on the media to brainwash people so that they don't have to commit voter fraud to make the establishment candidate win.

You can say voting doesn't matter all you want but a vote for Gary Johnson is making a statement.

A very very very very small and incoherant statement that wont matter once the votes are tallied up

If no one turns out for Johnson, that would be really quite sad and disappointing and we would deserve whatever we got coming to us.

That just gave me a thought
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Posts: 21,220
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 4:54:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/8/2012 3:27:07 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 9/8/2012 12:02:06 PM, imabench wrote:
7) Even if they do get elected theres no way in hell they could get anything done because all Legislation passes through Congress who wouldnt pass anything the Libertarian president proposed, making him useless.

If he gets elected as President, how can you seriously think that the Libertarians either a) Won't have a majority or b) won't be substantial in the legislative process?

A) For starters there isnt nearly enough libertarian support to land seats in Congress as true libertarians. The ones who are in Congress currently are classified as Republicans because unlike Libertarians, Republicans and Democrats have massive amounts of support and funding across the nation and Libertarians just dont have the resources or support to try to challenge them to get maybe 20 seats, let alone a majority. Also libertarians are spread out very far and wide and for every 1 libertarian there must be at least 30 Dems or Reps who can cancel out their power.... Logistical wise Libertarians would never be able to get control of Congress anytime soon, especially for this election

B) If they do clinch power, all the reforms a president has to make goes through Congress first, and since Dems and Reps will still be squarely in control, there would be bilateral support AGAINST any purely libertarian legislation.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 4:58:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/8/2012 4:54:01 PM, imabench wrote:
At 9/8/2012 3:27:07 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 9/8/2012 12:02:06 PM, imabench wrote:
7) Even if they do get elected theres no way in hell they could get anything done because all Legislation passes through Congress who wouldnt pass anything the Libertarian president proposed, making him useless.

If he gets elected as President, how can you seriously think that the Libertarians either a) Won't have a majority or b) won't be substantial in the legislative process?

A) For starters there isnt nearly enough libertarian support to land seats in Congress as true libertarians. The ones who are in Congress currently are classified as Republicans because unlike Libertarians, Republicans and Democrats have massive amounts of support and funding across the nation and Libertarians just dont have the resources or support to try to challenge them to get maybe 20 seats, let alone a majority. Also libertarians are spread out very far and wide and for every 1 libertarian there must be at least 30 Dems or Reps who can cancel out their power.... Logistical wise Libertarians would never be able to get control of Congress anytime soon, especially for this election

Your statement presupposed that they will win a presidential election.

B) If they do clinch power, all the reforms a president has to make goes through Congress first, and since Dems and Reps will still be squarely in control, there would be bilateral support AGAINST any purely libertarian legislation.

If you win a presidential election, it is almost guaranteed that you will have a lot of seats in the legislative process.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
imabench
Posts: 21,220
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 5:03:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/8/2012 4:58:54 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 9/8/2012 4:54:01 PM, imabench wrote:
At 9/8/2012 3:27:07 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 9/8/2012 12:02:06 PM, imabench wrote:
7) Even if they do get elected theres no way in hell they could get anything done because all Legislation passes through Congress who wouldnt pass anything the Libertarian president proposed, making him useless.

If he gets elected as President, how can you seriously think that the Libertarians either a) Won't have a majority or b) won't be substantial in the legislative process?

A) For starters there isnt nearly enough libertarian support to land seats in Congress as true libertarians. The ones who are in Congress currently are classified as Republicans because unlike Libertarians, Republicans and Democrats have massive amounts of support and funding across the nation and Libertarians just dont have the resources or support to try to challenge them to get maybe 20 seats, let alone a majority. Also libertarians are spread out very far and wide and for every 1 libertarian there must be at least 30 Dems or Reps who can cancel out their power.... Logistical wise Libertarians would never be able to get control of Congress anytime soon, especially for this election

Your statement presupposed that they will win

Im saying IF they won a presidential election then they wouldnt be able to change the US to their values because if Gary Johnson did win, then The Dems and Reps would still have a crippling majority in Congress and would prevent Libertarians from changing anything

B) If they do clinch power, all the reforms a president has to make goes through Congress first, and since Dems and Reps will still be squarely in control, there would be bilateral support AGAINST any purely libertarian legislation.

If you win a presidential election, it is almost guaranteed that you will have a lot of seats in the legislative process.

Yes but in the scenario of this election, the way Libertarians have been campaigning they seem to try to go for the presidency more than for more power in Congress.... And in the off chance that they do win the presidency they still wont have even close to a majority of the seats in Congress
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 5:14:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
To win presidency, you must win States. For you to win States, you must have majorities within that State. If you win the States, and hence the presidency, then you must have majorities within the State. Hence, for State and local elections, it is logical to assume that the person who won the presidency will win a fair deal of them.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Ultra
Posts: 47
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 5:43:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I am not at all in favor of Johnson's fiscal platform, but I still would love for him to reach that 15% threshold in the polls, just so that we could have a third candidate up there debating with Romney and Obama. Remember how much interest was sparked in the 92 elections because of Perot? Honestly, there is a disappointing lack of interest when it comes to modern politics. Maybe a third candidate would be just the thing to revive interest in this election, and increase turnout for all three candidates.