Jump to topic:

Why are you voting for Obama?

Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 11:23:07 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
"sorry to come thru with the ignorance... but i'm voting for Obama BECAUSE he is black like me and i'm very very proud of it! Once i get into all them other political reasons, i might find out maybe there isn't much he can do despite all his will to succeed... but frankly it's fine with me... i didn't need another reason in the first place... him being half-black is way more than enough for me.

Ya'll kno how many white mothafuggaz got a job, are sitting behind a desk as we speak only because their azzes were white... ya'll have any idea how many much more qualified black job-applicants as much as this went down and is still goin down, i think "WE" deserve to do the same for a short minute..

ok, i'm done... ya'll can resume with the deeper arguments"

http://allhiphop.com...

Can somebody please kill at least half of the population in the US?
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 11:54:37 AM
At 9/8/2012 11:23:07 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
"sorry to come thru with the ignorance... but i'm voting for Obama BECAUSE he is black like me and i'm very very proud of it! Once i get into all them other political reasons, i might find out maybe there isn't much he can do despite all his will to succeed... but frankly it's fine with me... i didn't need another reason in the first place... him being half-black is way more than enough for me.

Ya'll kno how many white mothafuggaz got a job, are sitting behind a desk as we speak only because their azzes were white... ya'll have any idea how many much more qualified black job-applicants as much as this went down and is still goin down, i think "WE" deserve to do the same for a short minute..

At this point I would help kill these morons!
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 12:02:35 PM
At 9/8/2012 11:54:37 AM, imabench wrote:

At this point I would help kill these morons!

Wait a sec guys, gotta get my pitchfork and napalm launcher.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
LeafRod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 7:03:10 PM
There is also some white guy out there who is saying the exact same thing, with white and black switched. The difference is that one side has been the aggressor over the other for centuries. One side (blacks, before some serious morons come in here) still faces institutionalized discrimination, oppression, and overall equality.

Maybe you shouldn't vote for Obama JUST BECAUSE he is black, but the fact that he is black is a direct logical and/or related step to many other things which make it very defensible to vote for him, especially if you're black. If my race has faced inequality for all of American history, and suddenly one of us could be president, I'll probably vote for him or her.

I can guarantee you the pro-white, anti-black end of the spectrum extends far more extremely than your perceived pro-black, anti-white end of the spectrum. Why aren't you calling for a crusade to kill all of those people? As crude and dumb as that would be, too, it would be still be less so than what you're doing now.
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 7:58:17 PM

The final stage is about to commence.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 7:58:51 PM
Democrats will continue to abuse the minority vote as long as minorities make it clear that Democrat politicians will never be held accountable.

95% of the vote sends exactly that message.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 9:10:52 PM
At 9/8/2012 7:03:10 PM, LeafRod wrote:
There is also some white guy out there who is saying the exact same thing, with white and black switched. The difference is that one side has been the aggressor over the other for centuries. One side (blacks, before some serious morons come in here) still faces institutionalized discrimination, oppression, and overall equality.

Not only do blacks not face societal discrimination, but they are treated as equals in all manners of society. Then again, blacks are usually poorer, but that is due to genetic differences.

Regardless, previous aggression in no way justifies current stupidity. As for the the white guy "saying" it, I'm going to need to see some proof.

Maybe you shouldn't vote for Obama JUST BECAUSE he is black, but the fact that he is black is a direct logical and/or related step to many other things which make it very defensible to vote for him, especially if you're black. If my race has faced inequality for all of American history, and suddenly one of us could be president, I'll probably vote for him or her.

A vote is a reflection of the policies that you want a country to follow. If you vote for somebody and disregard their policies, then you are undermining the very essence of an informed democracy. Your vote is little more than racial gibberish and should not be allowed.

I can guarantee you the pro-white, anti-black end of the spectrum extends far more extremely than your perceived pro-black, anti-white end of the spectrum. Why aren't you calling for a crusade to kill all of those people? As crude and dumb as that would be, too, it would be still be less so than what you're doing now.

Give me one example of a white man purposefully stating that he will vote for Romney because he is white and disregard all of his policies.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 9:22:02 PM
Guys. No need to pretend. We ALL know that you guys are secretly all gonna vote for my main niqqa friend in office, Mr. BARACK Obama cuz he be a niqqa. But really, we is all niqqas inside. We is all bruthas.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
LeafRod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 9:36:57 PM
That was one of the most idiotic and ignorant responses I've ever seen on this board. Discrimination might not be as blatant as it was with slavery or Jim Crow, but it's foolish to deny that it still exists. I would get more into this, but it's clear that your problems run far deeper. Genetic differences? Are you kidding me? Since you apparently need evidence of racist white people (I'll get to that later), why don't you provide some evidence of your claim? Let me preempt you since I know you'll cite some idiotic, decades old study that has been refuted a countless number of times, but still, go ahead.

You have a problem with Obama's being black getting him a vote. Of course, chances are that since liberals have consistently been on the right side, at least compared to conservatives, of every civil rights issue in the country, this black person would have voted for Obama anyway. So really, your issue is just that Obama's being black is a significant advantage in his getting a vote from a black person. Do you really not think that Obama's being black hurts his getting vote from some white people?

I can't tell if your issue is with the existence of racists whites, or the idea that a racist white would hold Obama's blackness against him. I'm also not sure which is more idiotic. As for the former, there are numerous internet communities out there dedicated to anti-black discussion. As for the latter, that's like the definition of racism.

As for what you said about a vote, the fact that Obama is black means he is probably going to be more sympathetic to the plight of black America. Isn't that obvious? Having a President who shares something fundamental about your background - that same fundamental quality that leads to your discrimination from others - means a lot for how his actions will affect you.

And your last statement - no, I will not waste my time with that, because that is not what I said. I said that you can point some dude on a forum saying he will vote for Obama because he's black (by the way, you don't know what else factored into that guy's decision). Well, just as easily, I can point out some people who won't vote for him because he's black. Any racist white person. Not hard.

Honestly, I'm not that surprised to see such racist and blind drivel on this site, but usually it would be from some idiot who is older and no one listens to. But you're 16. And you think that blacks have genetic differences and that everything is equal? I can't tell if it's just youthful ignorance or something frightening that stems more from your background.
Frederick53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 10:36:16 PM
At 9/8/2012 9:10:52 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

Not only do blacks not face societal discrimination, but they are treated as equals in all manners of society. Then again, blacks are usually poorer, but that is due to genetic differences.

No, it has to do with societal stagnation. Blacks are usually born into poverty, and thus they are more likely to remain in poverty. If you're trying to suggest that the playing field is level, and all that is holding blacks back is their genetic inclination towards dumbness, then I take issue with that. Otherwise I agree that most black people vote for Obama mainly because he is black, but also because he promises upward mobility. That is obviously appealing to black voters.

Regardless, previous aggression in no way justifies current stupidity. As for the the white guy "saying" it, I'm going to need to see some proof.

A vote is a reflection of the policies that you want a country to follow. If you vote for somebody and disregard their policies, then you are undermining the very essence of an informed democracy. Your vote is little more than racial gibberish and should not be allowed.

Give me one example of a white man purposefully stating that he will vote for Romney because he is white and disregard all of his policies.
In 1975, the Second Vietnam War began -1Historygenius

Like no wonder that indian dude rejected you.- Darkkermit to royalpaladin

Social Darwinism is a justification- 1Historygenius

Equal opportunity exists, so there is no problem- EvanK
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 10:39:57 PM
At 9/8/2012 10:36:16 PM, Frederick53 wrote:

No, it has to do with societal stagnation. Blacks are usually born into poverty, and thus they are more likely to remain in poverty. If you're trying to suggest that the playing field is level, and all that is holding blacks back is their genetic inclination towards dumbness, then I take issue with that. Otherwise I agree that most black people vote for Obama mainly because he is black, but also because he promises upward mobility. That is obviously appealing to black voters.

Being born into poverty is the dependent variable, while the independent variable is the intelligence of blacks, which has been empirically proven to be lower than whites.

http://www.news-medical.net...
Frederick53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 10:47:33 PM
At 9/8/2012 10:39:57 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 9/8/2012 10:36:16 PM, Frederick53 wrote:

Being born into poverty is the dependent variable, while the independent variable is the intelligence of blacks, which has been empirically proven to be lower than whites.

http://www.news-medical.net...

Hm... I can't argue with that study, it's pretty water tight. Anybody else care to try?
In 1975, the Second Vietnam War began -1Historygenius

Like no wonder that indian dude rejected you.- Darkkermit to royalpaladin

Social Darwinism is a justification- 1Historygenius

Equal opportunity exists, so there is no problem- EvanK
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 11:25:00 PM
One big issue with black people is less what their born into and their average IQ, but more their culture of laziness.

No, I'm not saying this is every black person out there, but a lot of their culture, mainly in big cities, is its cool to have a lot of girls that you got pregnant, its cool to be in a gang, your a warrior, ect.

LeafRod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 11:40:07 PM
I'm sure you're going to call this a cop out and feel smugly justified in your perceived victory, but I just don't care. I have absolutely no interest in "discussion" with a some 16 year old on Debate.org who is trying to scientifically justify racism. Too many people here cling to their ideas of intelligence and intellectual superiority, and even more disturbingly labels and grouping of people (ironic considering their inflated senses of self worth), no doubt in an effort to compensate for inadequacies in their everyday lives. I called it pseudo-intellectualism when I came here a couple of years ago; this is probably getting even deeper into the root of the matter.

Continue wallowing in your ignorance; there is little reason for me to care because the crazed minority that believes in this garbage is just that: a minority that is getting smaller and smaller. I would rather work to decrease institutionalized and insidious racism in my own community among good people, my friends, than deal with fundamentally psychotic people who I don't even know. Such is the torture of internet forums, I guess. Goodbye.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 11:46:24 PM
At 9/8/2012 11:40:07 PM, LeafRod wrote:
I'm sure you're going to call this a cop out and feel smugly justified in your perceived victory, but I just don't care. I have absolutely no interest in "discussion" with a some 16 year old on Debate.org who is trying to scientifically justify racism. Too many people here cling to their ideas of intelligence and intellectual superiority, and even more disturbingly labels and grouping of people (ironic considering their inflated senses of self worth), no doubt in an effort to compensate for inadequacies in their everyday lives. I called it pseudo-intellectualism when I came here a couple of years ago; this is probably getting even deeper into the root of the matter.

Continue wallowing in your ignorance; there is little reason for me to care because the crazed minority that believes in this garbage is just that: a minority that is getting smaller and smaller. I would rather work to decrease institutionalized and insidious racism in my own community among good people, my friends, than deal with fundamentally psychotic people who I don't even know. Such is the torture of internet forums, I guess. Goodbye.

Translation: I can't refute your arguments, so I'm revert to Ad Hominem.

LeafRod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 11:47:29 PM
OberHerr: the 15 year old white Christian from Indiana who is an expert on blacks and "black culture."

By the way, I thought I would just briefly point out one hilarious thing about the article: number 4 is the only point that doesn't hinge on the validity of IQ scores, but rather the scores as numbers themselves. It then points out the incredible correlation between brain size and IQ... 0.40. LOL!
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 11:50:34 PM
At 9/8/2012 11:47:29 PM, LeafRod wrote:
OberHerr: the 15 year old white Christian from Indiana who is an expert on blacks and "black culture."

By the way, I thought I would just briefly point out one hilarious thing about the article: number 4 is the only point that doesn't hinge on the validity of IQ scores, but rather the scores as numbers themselves. It then points out the incredible correlation between brain size and IQ... 0.40. LOL!

I've spent the last three spring breaks in New Orleans building houses for those that are still homeless from Katrina.

I would bet my arse I know a lot more about the black culture than you do.

And, what race I am, my age, ect. does not invalid my point, so get your thumb out of your @$$ and refute my arguments rather than slandering.

LeafRod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2012 12:05:52 AM
"I've spent three week-long periods building houses in Louisiana. I know about blacks!"

"What race I am makes no difference on what I know about a race's 'culture'"

What "point" did you make? Blacks have a culture of laziness? That isn't a point; it's a broad, unsupported, and racist blanket statement based on nothing more than your own extremely limited experiences as an outsider looking in. And maybe this is reasoning is somewhat circular, but the fact that you would make that "point" and try to push it as legitimate illustrates your clear inability for type of critical thinking on this topic that might actually lend some legitimacy to something you said in the first place. But that's fine, you're only 15. Just try not to be such a fool that you get killed before you get old enough.
LeafRod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2012 12:08:04 AM
Don't know why I didn't notice this earlier... but as long as we're on the topic of avoiding arguments, I seem to recall a long post made by me that has gone without a response beyond a link to an article.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2012 12:08:24 AM
At 9/8/2012 11:47:29 PM, LeafRod wrote:

Since the race realist position doesn't state "all whites are smarter than all blacks", the fact that there is a correlation between brain size and IQ, and that blacks on average have a lower brain size is enough to prove the position.
Open borders debate:
LeafRod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2012 12:13:45 AM
0.40 isn't a correlation. And prove what position? That white people score higher on IQ tests than black people? We all know that. The difference is that some people, like I said, cling to their notions of IQ and intelligence, probably because it makes them feel better about themselves. The other people aren't racists.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2012 12:21:06 AM
At 9/9/2012 12:13:45 AM, LeafRod wrote:
0.40 isn't a correlation.

Pearson correlation. It measures how much two variables are correlated with one another. That R value you get If you are plugging in data and graphing in on excel.

And prove what position? That white people score higher on IQ tests than black people? We all know that. The difference is that some people, like I said, cling to their notions of IQ and intelligence, probably because it makes them feel better about themselves. The other people aren't racists.

Speculating of course. Do you hold the view that the black and white IQ gap can be explained through environmental factors alone, or that genetics play a role? What do you mean by "cling to their notions of IQ and intelligence"?
Open borders debate:
LeafRod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2012 12:40:21 AM
Haha dude, I know it's a Pearson correlation. A 0.40 correlation is not significant. Citing a low correlation like that as a correlation is the hallmark of someone who is looking for statistics to prove his hypothesis, as opposed to forming a hypothesis after finding his data, which is in turn the hallmark of someone who is not doing a good study... which in this case is the hallmark of a racist. But I digress.

Honestly I haven't looked that much into that specific part of it, but I would probably lean towards the view that it is environmental factors (which run much deeper than some might think), not entirely rigorous studies, and inherent biases in IQ tests. Part of what I mean when I say cling is that people often seem to assume that IQ tests are perfectly unbiased and fair. They aren't. And more of what I mean when I say cling is the notion of intelligence itself. I don't really buy into the whole idea of intelligence - it kind of bothers me. Throughout my life everyone I've met has been way better than I am and way worse than I am at different things; I don't know how you can definitively say that there is one overarching and significant, let alone measurable, thing that governs all these different skillsets. And obviously, by extension, another part of what I mean when I say cling is that there is actually some significant connection between these two things. If intelligence is truly something, that these IQ tests are what measures it. I reject these notions; at the very least they should not be taken as fact.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2012 12:40:23 AM
At 9/9/2012 12:05:52 AM, LeafRod wrote:
"I've spent three week-long periods building houses in Louisiana. I know about blacks!"

"What race I am makes no difference on what I know about a race's 'culture'"

What "point" did you make? Blacks have a culture of laziness? That isn't a point; it's a broad, unsupported, and racist blanket statement based on nothing more than your own extremely limited experiences as an outsider looking in. And maybe this is reasoning is somewhat circular, but the fact that you would make that "point" and try to push it as legitimate illustrates your clear inability for type of critical thinking on this topic that might actually lend some legitimacy to something you said in the first place. But that's fine, you're only 15. Just try not to be such a fool that you get killed before you get old enough.

And your 19. Whoopdeefvckingdo. I do know quite a bit about inner-city black culture.

Ask anyone, not from the city themselves, who has worked in those areas, and they will tell you the same things.

I also notice how you never refute, only make fun of.

LeafRod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2012 12:45:53 AM
"Multiple people who share my exact perspective agree with me, therefore my position must be correct"

I've refuted, but you can't see past my jokes. You are pretty easy to make fun of. I couldn't post here if I couldn't make fun of you - there is nothing entertaining about disciplined arguing in these types of situations. If it's about such an abhorrent topic but with someone I actually know, then it's worth it in and of itself. If it's about a more enjoyable topic, like baseball or something, with someone I don't know, then it's worth it in and of itself. But if it's neither of those things, like arguing with a white privileged 15 year old about why it's ignorant for him to talk about "black culture" being lazy, then I need a little fun to keep myself sane.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2012 12:54:44 AM
At 9/9/2012 12:45:53 AM, LeafRod wrote:
"Multiple people who share my exact perspective agree with me, therefore my position must be correct"

I've refuted, but you can't see past my jokes. You are pretty easy to make fun of. I couldn't post here if I couldn't make fun of you - there is nothing entertaining about disciplined arguing in these types of situations. If it's about such an abhorrent topic but with someone I actually know, then it's worth it in and of itself. If it's about a more enjoyable topic, like baseball or something, with someone I don't know, then it's worth it in and of itself. But if it's neither of those things, like arguing with a white privileged 15 year old about why it's ignorant for him to talk about "black culture" being lazy, then I need a little fun to keep myself sane.

Hehe, I love how you make assumptions. Love it.

Regardless, you will find that no one will respect you, or your arguments on this site if all you do is make fun of those you think are stupid, and don't actually argue. There is plenty to argue with this topic. It's not racism, you just take it that way because you have no refutation for it.

Tell me, what did I say in my statement about black culture that was wrong? Disprove it. Disprove what I said. And try to do it without trying to belittle my arguments by saying I'm "privileged" "white" "fifteen"or anything like that.

Another thing people will refuse to take you seriously for: trying to assert that your smarter/better/more knowledgeable about something because of age, or race.

Experience is all that matters, but age does not go hand in hand with it.

LeafRod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2012 1:20:22 AM
Don't you realize I don't care about respect on Debate.org? Especially considering that its constituents are people like you, who don't understand the stupidity and ignorance of a statement like "you just take it as racism because you can't refute it." Especially when you combine that with the amount of inflated self-worth you must have to think that you have made any sort of point. I can't refute nothing. That's probably why you don't think I've refuted what you've said.

The fact that you are trying to condense "black culture" into a little idea based on your couple of weeks in Louisiana is naive and pathetic. Why don't you understand that perspective matters? Calling you "white" and "privileged" is not belittling your arguments - it is pointing out that you're not black. You don't know what it's like to be black. You have no idea. So do you realize how much you're marginalizing a race, how racist you're being, by trying to make some definitive statement on black culture?

Like I said, I can't disprove what you said, because it has no substance behind it. To disprove something is to remove all its substance, such that what remains is the statement itself. When you start with only the statement, there is nothing else to remove.

So let's delve a little more into whatever you're trying to say. How are you defining black culture? What constitutes black culture? Let me guess: it's some dudes you saw in Louisiana; it's some hip-hop music video you saw. What you are perceiving as "black culture" is probably less about being black than it is about being poor, or American society in general, or numerous other things. For every thing that you can point out as a "lazy" aspect of "black culture," I can probably point out something similar in American society as a whole. But then this entire argument just devolves into anecdotal evidence and inductive reasoning, and that is not the way to do anything.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2012 1:25:30 AM
I'll respond to the rest later, but what I saw, an learned about it was from a, guess what? BLACK pastor there, who has worked there for 30 years.

He said almost exactly what I said, specifically. And, yes it was clear when people pointed things out.