Jump to topic:

Obama - Bush 2.0

Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 2:28:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
The election of President Obama was in no small part, a referendum on the administration of George W. Bush, and his victory was interpreted as a sound rebuke to eight years of open ended warfare, a vast and growing police state, the destruction of civil liberties, disregard for the Constitution, unchecked executive power, lies and broken promises, hypocrisy and arrogance, a lack of transparency in government, out-of-control federal spending, fever-pitch fearmongering, rampant corruption, and some really stupid gaffes. But what have we gotten instead?

http://www.humblelibertarian.com...

The author lists 100 reasons why Obama is a second George W. Bush. I think that his arguments are interesting and it shows the failure of both administrations. I want your thoughts to see if you agree with him or not.
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 2:40:05 PM
oh im sure that a website called "thehumblelibertarian.com" totally isnt biased towards both parties or anything....
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 2:47:21 PM
"24. Hillary Clinton Appointment - Unconstitutional. If you think I'm splitting hairs, you can bite me."

"46. I'm smart. You're dumb. - I'm smart. You're dumb. I'm right. You're wrong. Shut up and take it. That's pretty much what Obama said when asked about public opinion against raising the debt ceiling."

"50. "Mostly basketball." - It's crap like this."

"51. Inauguration Footprint - Despite claiming our environment is in a state of crisis, Obama's extravagant inauguration alone emitted over 500 million pounds of CO2."

"54. Earth Day Flights - Obama's Earth Day flights burned more than 9,000 gallons of fuel."

"73. Bailing out Greece - Meanwhile, as America faces a fiscal crisis in 2011 because of all the aforementioned spending bills in 2008 - 2009, Obama thinks we have enough money to bailout another country halfway around the world."

"81. Swine Flu - Jon Stewart says it best."

"92. Bowing - In 2009, President Obama actually bowed to a foreign monarch, King Abdullah. After a few more bowing gaffes like bowing to Japanese Emperor Akihito"

Not even toilets get filled with more sh*t then this website.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 2:49:01 PM
At 9/8/2012 2:47:21 PM, imabench wrote:
Not even toilets get filled with more sh*t then that website.

This website has its fair share too though!
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 2:52:12 PM
At 9/8/2012 2:28:17 PM, Microsuck wrote:
The election of President Obama was in no small part, a referendum on the administration of George W. Bush, and his victory was interpreted as a sound rebuke to eight years of open ended warfare, a vast and growing police state, the destruction of civil liberties, disregard for the Constitution, unchecked executive power, lies and broken promises, hypocrisy and arrogance, a lack of transparency in government, out-of-control federal spending, fever-pitch fearmongering, rampant corruption, and some really stupid gaffes. But what have we gotten instead?

The author lists 100 reasons why Obama is a second George W. Bush. I think that his arguments are interesting and it shows the failure of both administrations. I want your thoughts to see if you agree with him or not.

Spare me. There's nothing interesting in that apart from the fact that it's a comprehensive iteration of beliefs you already hold and other Libertarian talking points....broad-based criticism that accomplishes nothing except show that Obama and Bush belong to the same existing status quo. By that I mean, they both have mainstream ideologies and thus are mainstream presidents. The only commander in chief that list would not apply to is a Libertarian commander in chief.

I found the rhetoric on the wars pretty deceptive. Obama ended the war in Iraq and is ending Afghanistan next year. On the patriot act, he removed warrantless wiretapping. They accused him of "partisan tenor" which was a lie (Obama came to office with full bipartisan intentions and compromised a lot yet people don't credit him for it, because the House set up a road block and wouldn't meet him halfway). And they listed Osama Bin Laden's death as an Obama failure, which I thought only discredited the authors and no one else.

The website should be called more accurately, arrogant-hardnosed-dishonest-Libertarian.com
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 2:57:41 PM
At 9/8/2012 2:52:12 PM, 000ike wrote:

Spare me. There's nothing interesting in that apart from the fact that it's a comprehensive iteration of beliefs you already hold and other Libertarian talking points....broad-based criticism that accomplishes nothing except show that Obama and Bush belong to the same existing status quo. By that I mean, they both have mainstream ideologies and thus are mainstream presidents. The only commander in chief that list would not apply to is a Libertarian commander in chief.

I found the rhetoric on the wars pretty deceptive. Obama ended the war in Iraq and is ending Afghanistan next year. On the patriot act, he removed warrantless wiretapping. They accused him of "partisan tenor" which was a lie (Obama came to office with full bipartisan intentions and compromised a lot yet people don't credit him for it, because the House set up a road block and wouldn't meet him halfway). And they listed Osama Bin Laden's death as an Obama failure, which I thought only discredited the authors and no one else.

The website should be called more accurately, arrogant-hardnosed-dishonest-Libertarian.com:

If you're going to suck off Obama, can you at least cup the balls when doing so? Get off his nuts.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 2:59:05 PM
all-in-all that's a sh!tty and disreputable list, who's author(s) didn't have enough sense to at least appear fair minded, so that maybe non-Libertarian readers could take it more seriously.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
TheAsylum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 3:01:10 PM
At 9/8/2012 2:59:05 PM, 000ike wrote:
all-in-all that's a terrible and disreputable list, who's author(s) didn't have enough sense to at least appear fair minded, so that maybe any readers could take it more seriously.
^I agree.
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 3:09:06 PM

"If I was wrong, you'd only need one" Albert Einstein, when there were 100 arguments against his general theory.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 3:10:09 PM
At 9/8/2012 2:57:41 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 9/8/2012 2:52:12 PM, 000ike wrote:

The website should be called more accurately, arrogant-hardnosed-dishonest-Libertarian.com:

If you're going to suck off Obama, can you at least cup the balls when doing so? Get off his nuts.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 3:11:42 PM
let me add to the list in a manner that is equal too or better in quality of reasoning then what the website originally posted.

101) Both Obama and Bush are humans
102) Both Obama and Bush held political office
103) Both Obama and Bush have been called morons
104) Both Obama and Bush have the letter B in their last name
105) Both Obama and Bush were at one point president of the United States
106) Both Obama and Bush have appointed people to be their Vice President
107) Both Obama and Bush use toilet paper
108) Both Obama and Bush have their two front teeth
109) Both Obama and Bush have two daughters
110) Both Obama and Bush have signed legislation.

TheAsylum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 3:49:18 PM
At 9/8/2012 3:11:42 PM, imabench wrote:
let me add to the list in a manner that is equal too or better in quality of reasoning then what the website originally posted.

101) Both Obama and Bush are humans
102) Both Obama and Bush held political office
103) Both Obama and Bush have been called morons
104) Both Obama and Bush have the letter B in their last name
105) Both Obama and Bush were at one point president of the United States
106) Both Obama and Bush have appointed people to be their Vice President
107) Both Obama and Bush use toilet paper
108) Both Obama and Bush have their two front teeth
109) Both Obama and Bush have two daughters
110) Both Obama and Bush have signed legislation.

ROFL
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2012 10:36:56 AM
Clearly, in trying to get to 100 points, the author became a bit more lighthearted/facetious/sarcastic. All those who copied a few of the points that fell under these categories to portray the list as totally ridiculous are ignoring the more substantive facts the author brings up, including most of points 1 to 32.

On matters of foreign policy, civil liberties, and the police state, Obama and Bush policies are remarkably similar. (Refer to points 1 - 32, with the exception of the ones about Hilary appointment and faith based initiatives they are pretty spot on.) Pretty crazy since Obama was so popular precisely because those Bush era policies were not.

It's appalling to see people dismissing the truth about our 1 party system, as clearly demonstrated by the first 30 or so points here, just because not all of the 100 points were serious and factual. Clearly stuff about the President's dog and sporting habits are not as important as his consistent voting for the war in Iraq as Senator and dragging it on for years longer than he had promised as President, Afghanistan surge, bombing campaigns in Yemen, Somalia, Pakistan, and Libya, the rise of drone warfare, the Patriot Act, TSA, War on Drugs, suspending Habeus Corpus, bailing out wealthy corporations, etc.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2012 10:42:22 AM
At 9/9/2012 10:36:56 AM, jat93 wrote:
Clearly, in trying to get to 100 points, the author became a bit more lighthearted/facetious/sarcastic. All those who copied a few of the points that fell under these categories to portray the list as totally ridiculous are ignoring the more substantive facts the author brings up, including most of points 1 to 32.

On matters of foreign policy, civil liberties, and the police state, Obama and Bush policies are remarkably similar. (Refer to points 1 - 32, with the exception of the ones about Hilary appointment and faith based initiatives they are pretty spot on.) Pretty crazy since Obama was so popular precisely because those Bush era policies were not.

It's appalling to see people dismissing the truth about our 1 party system, as clearly demonstrated by the first 30 or so points here, just because not all of the 100 points were serious and factual. Clearly stuff about the President's dog and sporting habits are not as important as his consistent voting for the war in Iraq as Senator and dragging it on for years longer than he had promised as President, Afghanistan surge, bombing campaigns in Yemen, Somalia, Pakistan, and Libya, the rise of drone warfare, the Patriot Act, TSA, War on Drugs, suspending Habeus Corpus, bailing out wealthy corporations, etc.

Speaking for myself, I only quoted the points where the author was completely serious, and his points were still dishonest BS.

"I found the rhetoric on the wars pretty deceptive. Obama ended the war in Iraq and is ending Afghanistan next year. On the patriot act, he removed warrantless wiretapping. They accused him of "partisan tenor" which was a lie (Obama came to office with full bipartisan intentions and compromised a lot yet people don't credit him for it, because the House set up a road block and wouldn't meet him halfway). And they listed Osama Bin Laden's death as an Obama failure, which I thought only discredited the authors and no one else."