Jump to topic:

Clarification

DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2012 10:05:04 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Why didn't Romney pick Ron Paul as his VP? He would have gotten so many independent, and undecided votes; maybe even some democratic votes. I'm sure Ron Paul would have accepted, unless he is completely insane, because as VP he could be in a better position to influence public policy, and would have a better chance of becoming president in future elections.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2012 10:31:44 AM
At 9/10/2012 10:05:04 AM, DanT wrote:
Why didn't Romney pick Ron Paul as his VP? He would have gotten so many independent, and undecided votes; maybe even some democratic votes.

Have you seen people's interpretation of Ron Paul? People call him unelectable and he has a lot in common with Sarah Palin considering hes not a team player for Republicans and more of someone concerned with his own political career. Also im pretty sure that Ron Paul refused to endorse Romney so I doubt he would work as his VP.....

I'm sure Ron Paul would have accepted, unless he is completely insane, because as VP he could be in a better position to influence public policy, and would have a better chance of becoming president in future elections.

That
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2012 10:39:39 AM
At 9/10/2012 10:31:44 AM, imabench wrote:

he has a lot in common with Sarah Palin considering hes not a team player for Republicans and more of someone concerned with his own political career.

Dafuq did I just read?
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2012 11:06:10 AM
Romney threatened Ron Paul with a PR A-bomb in which Romney would spend big money to ruin Ron Pauls name forever. This was confirmed by Pauls campaign manager on camera. And people actually thought Ron Paul liked Romney cause he backed off him, little did they know it was something even more sinister. Even Alex Jones couldn't have come up with that, even he was shocked.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2012 11:11:28 AM
At 9/10/2012 10:39:39 AM, socialpinko wrote:

he has a lot in common with Sarah Palin considering hes not a team player for Republicans and more of someone concerned with his own political career.

Dafuq did I just read?
kfc
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2012 11:12:30 AM

I have a suggestion for the next weekly stupid.
kfc
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2012 11:13:09 AM
At 9/10/2012 11:06:10 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Romney threatened Ron Paul with a PR A-bomb in which Romney would spend big money to ruin Ron Pauls name forever. This was confirmed by Pauls campaign manager on camera. And people actually thought Ron Paul liked Romney cause he backed off him, little did they know it was something even more sinister. Even Alex Jones couldn't have come up with that, even he was shocked.

A.) source please.
b.) he didn't back off. He is still bashing Romney.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2012 11:53:00 AM
At 9/10/2012 11:13:09 AM, DanT wrote:

A.) source please.

Oh, so now I'm a liar? It's one thing to ask for a source to a claim, but it's another to imply that I'm lying when I say that the proof of said claim was on camera and you say, no he wasn't on camera, prove it.

That's because Romney already won the nomination. They wanted him to stop with the devastating ads, Ron Paul can bash Romney all he wants, RNC is over.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2012 12:12:02 PM
At 9/10/2012 11:53:00 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
A.) source please.

Oh, so now I'm a liar? It's one thing to ask for a source to a claim, but it's another to imply that I'm lying when I say that the proof of said claim was on camera and you say, no he wasn't on camera, prove it.

Haha. Lol...

That's quite an extreme reaction to someone saying 'source please.'

Don't you think?

Oh, and still waiting on you showing where the arms treaty bans guns.
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2012 12:52:47 PM

A.) source please.

a.) Didn't call you a liar, I said "source please". I agree it's one thing to ask for a source and another to imply someone is a liar; I simply asked for a source.
b.) nowhere in that video was a threat made against Ron Paul. They were just interviewing Ron Paul's adviser. If there is a video of the threat, please provide that video.

That's because Romney already won the nomination. They wanted him to stop with the devastating ads, Ron Paul can bash Romney all he wants, RNC is over.

Ron Paul is helping Obama by turning Republicans against Romney. He is attacking both Obama and Romney, but by attacking Romney he is turning his Republican supporters against Romney, and weakening the Republican vote. How on earth did he get into congress? It's pure idiocy. I was once a Ron Paul supporter, but now I can say with 100% certainty that he is a insane fool who has hijacked the Libertarian party, and has used it to objectively promote collectivism by weakening the Republican party.

Yes he has the right to attack Romney, but having a right to do something does not mean it is right to do it. He ensuring that the person who is the least libertarian will be reelected. He is a complete fool, who is sabotaging his own cause!
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2012 1:40:55 PM
At 9/10/2012 12:52:47 PM, DanT wrote:

a.) Didn't call you a liar, I said "source please". I agree it's one thing to ask for a source and another to imply someone is a liar; I simply asked for a source.

I said that Ron Pauls adviser said they were threatened my Romney. You asked for a source, I gave you the source. Watch the video.

"Romney threatened to destroy Ron Pauls name forever if they didn't stand down."
-- Doug Weed

b.) nowhere in that video was a threat made against Ron Paul. They were just interviewing Ron Paul's adviser. If there is a video of the threat, please provide that video.

If you think that Romney would blackmail somebody in front of a camera, you are retarded. The video I posted was Ron Pauls adviser explaining why they stood down and not attack Romney. He said they were threatened by a PR A-bomb from Romney.

Ron Paul is helping Obama by turning Republicans against Romney. He is attacking both Obama and Romney, but by attacking Romney he is turning his Republican supporters against Romney, and weakening the Republican vote. How on earth did he get into congress? It's pure idiocy. I was once a Ron Paul supporter, but now I can say with 100% certainty that he is a insane fool who has hijacked the Libertarian party, and has used it to objectively promote collectivism by weakening the Republican party.

Yes he has the right to attack Romney, but having a right to do something does not mean it is right to do it. He ensuring that the person who is the least libertarian will be reelected. He is a complete fool, who is sabotaging his own cause!

Let me get this through your head. Romney is NOT more Libertarian than Obama. They are both fascists. Does Romney oppose the Patriot Act? No. Does he oppose NDAA? No. Does he support peace? No, he supports war. Does he oppose Cybersecurity Act? No. Does he want to audit/abolish the Fed? No. Does he support the restoration of civil liberties and the constitution? NO.

So what the fvck is the difference. None.

-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2012 1:45:37 PM
http://www.infowars.com...

Good grief, just post the link from infowars. I mean, we know that's where you get your info, geo, so no point just paraphrasing it without showing the link (and the video is in that page as well)

Give the minute that it is said as well. I always ask for that with long videos, as it otherwise comes off as if you are trying to waste someone's time by making them watch a 21 minute video.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
Chaos88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2012 2:09:32 PM
Why didn't Romney pick Ron Paul as his VP? He would have gotten so many independent, and undecided votes; maybe even some democratic votes. I'm sure Ron Paul would have accepted, unless he is completely insane, because as VP he could be in a better position to influence public policy, and would have a better chance of becoming president in future elections.

Have you considered Ron Paul would have said no? After all, if Romney = Obama, and Ron Paul stands for something, taking a VP position would be a comprimising role with little chance of payoff (making the changes he desires).
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2012 2:45:59 PM
At 9/10/2012 1:40:55 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 9/10/2012 12:52:47 PM, DanT wrote:

I said that Ron Pauls adviser said they were threatened my Romney. You asked for a source, I gave you the source. Watch the video.

OK let me rephrase. Credible source please?
"Romney threatened to destroy Ron Pauls name forever if they didn't stand down."
-- Doug Weed

Thats just Political rhetoric. Ron Paul tries to turn Republicans against Romney, so Romney threatens to do the same back if Ron does not stop; you than take the side of the guy who initiated the dispute because Romney threaten to do what Ron was already doing if Ron didn't stop.

If Ron punched Romney in the face, and Romney said "stop or I'll punch back"; who is in the wrong?

If you think that Romney would blackmail somebody in front of a camera, you are retarded. The video I posted was Ron Pauls adviser explaining why they stood down and not attack Romney. He said they were threatened by a PR A-bomb from Romney.

Ron paul PR bombed Romney, so Romney threaten to do the same if he didn't stop? How dare he!

Let me get this through your head. Romney is NOT more Libertarian than Obama. They are both fascists. Does Romney oppose the Patriot Act? No. Does he oppose NDAA? No. Does he support peace? No, he supports war. Does he oppose Cybersecurity Act? No. Does he want to audit/abolish the Fed? No. Does he support the restoration of civil liberties and the constitution? NO.

Assertions and card stacking
So what the fvck is the difference. None.

Wanna debate me on that?

DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2012 2:47:16 PM
At 9/10/2012 2:09:32 PM, Chaos88 wrote:

Have you considered Ron Paul would have said no? After all, if Romney = Obama, and Ron Paul stands for something, taking a VP position would be a comprimising role with little chance of payoff (making the changes he desires).

Romney =\= Obama
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2012 2:56:58 PM
At 9/10/2012 11:12:30 AM, Koopin wrote:

I have a suggestion for the next weekly stupid.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Chaos88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2012 3:08:42 PM
At 9/10/2012 2:47:16 PM, DanT wrote:

Romney =\= Obama

From a Ron Paul's POV, they are close enough, and too far away from what he was running on.
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2012 3:28:24 PM
At 9/10/2012 3:08:42 PM, Chaos88 wrote:

Romney =\= Obama

From a Ron Paul's POV, they are close enough, and too far away from what he was running on.

Ron Paul has done very well painting himself as a libertarian, but if you ask me he is trying to be as libertarian as he can be. He is not a natural libertarian; that is to say I highly doubt he truly believes in libertarianism. He just knows the benefits of being libertarian in Texas. He ran as a Republican since 1956; in 1988 (nearly 2 decades after the Libertarian party was created) he ran as a Libertarian, and every year after he ran as a Republican.
Chaos88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2012 3:34:59 PM
At 9/10/2012 3:28:24 PM, DanT wrote:

Romney =\= Obama

Ron Paul has done very well painting himself as a libertarian, but if you ask me he is trying to be as libertarian as he can be. He is not a natural libertarian; that is to say I highly doubt he truly believes in libertarianism. He just knows the benefits of being libertarian in Texas. He ran as a Republican since 1956; in 1988 (nearly 2 decades after the Libertarian party was created) he ran as a Libertarian, and every year after he ran as a Republican.

So, because of how he has painted himself, and how he is viewed by his fervent followers, he could not accept the VP nomination, as it would weaken his image, regardless of whether or not the image is true.
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2012 4:00:58 PM
At 9/10/2012 3:34:59 PM, Chaos88 wrote:
At 9/10/2012 3:28:24 PM, DanT wrote:

Romney =\= Obama

So, because of how he has painted himself, and how he is viewed by his fervent followers, he could not accept the VP nomination, as it would weaken his image, regardless of whether or not the image is true.

He has ran as a Republican since 1956! Romney is not a collectivist, he is (classic) Liberal-Conservative, whereas Obama is a populist (possibly even a socialist). He endorsed Pat Buchanan in 1992, and served as his campaign adviser. Ron Paul's campaign adviser, Doug Wead, was adviser to both Bush sr and Bush jr, and was Special Assistant to Bush sr.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2012 4:11:00 PM

Dafuq did I just read?

Let me put it a different way.

Ron Paul is more concerned with his own political aspirations than he would be for campaigning for somebody he wouldnt even endorse.... If he did agree to be Romney's Vice President he wouldnt be a benefit, he would be a liability since much of what he advocates and stands for goes directly against what Republicans believe in.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2012 5:50:09 PM
At 9/10/2012 4:11:00 PM, imabench wrote:

Dafuq did I just read?

Ron Paul is more concerned with his own political aspirations than he would be for campaigning for somebody he wouldnt even endorse.... If he did agree to be Romney's Vice President he wouldnt be a benefit, he would be a liability since much of what he advocates and stands for goes directly against what Republicans believe in.

He is a Republican! He has been Republican since 1956. The only year he was affiliated with the Libertarian party was when he ran as a libertarian during the 1988 presidential campaign
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2012 6:25:22 PM
At 9/10/2012 5:50:09 PM, DanT wrote:

Dafuq did I just read?

He is a Republican! He has been Republican since 1956. The only year he was affiliated with the Libertarian party was when he ran as a libertarian during the 1988 presidential campaign

He labels himself as a republican for the sake of being able to stay in Congress and have access to their resources and fan base. He has voted against numerous plans and proposals that were widely backed by Republicans and has never once endorsed a republican candidate for president.

Dont be fooled just because there is an "R" next to his name on the ballot. He has the views of a libertarian and acts like one too.

DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2012 7:25:20 PM
At 9/10/2012 6:25:22 PM, imabench wrote:
At 9/10/2012 5:50:09 PM, DanT wrote:

Dafuq did I just read?

He labels himself as a republican for the sake of being able to stay in Congress

Stay in congress my a**, he joined the Republican Party in 1956 at the age of 21. On August 15, 1971 he decided to run for congress as a Republican. The Libertarian Party was founded December 11, 1971. He was first elected in 1979 as a Republican, and he remained a Republican until 1988 when he switched to a Libertarian in order to run for President. (He's an opportunist who knew he could not gain the Republican nomination). After failing miserably (he had no electoral votes), he claimed that the election was in order to spread awareness of libertarian ideals to the youth, so that he could falsely claim it as a victory for libertarianism. After the election he switched back to the Republican Party, and backed Paleoconservative Pat Buchanan in 1992. He than ran for President in 2008, not only hurting McCain, but also hurting libertarian Bob Barr. When he dropped out his supporters started the Tea Party movement.

and have access to their resources and fan base. He has voted against numerous plans and proposals that were widely backed by Republicans and has never once endorsed a republican candidate for president.

Pat Buchanan in 1992

Dont be fooled just because there is an "R" next to his name on the ballot. He has the views of a libertarian and acts like one too.
It's all for show. You can tell he is trying to act libertarian. You know how Johnny Rotten from the sex pistols use to be a good singer, but now it's obvious he is trying too hard. It's kinda like that. You can tell Ron Paul is trying to be Libertarian; as a result he comes off as eccentric. He doesn't even know which type of libertarianism he adheres to. His form of libertarianism is inconsistent, and contradictory.