How Racism Hurts White People *

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2012 10:10:46 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
This is a follow-up thread to Jimmy Crickets last one about White Suicide. Now
in todays world we are very aware that we are living in a sharply divided country
here in the US. And we are also living in perhaps the most racially charged
atmosphere since the 1960's. Racism hurts everyone of every race, color, or
creed. But what about the psychological toll it is taking on White America.
Some say that Obama was only elected President because he was African
American, and there was some White guilt in the electorial process and
he benefited from this alone. This may just be the actual thing again that gets him elected. Lets talk about the shame, guilt, anger, and resentment that Whites
feel daily once the are conscious about their own existence that may be questionable to many. Are they privileged ? Are they favored ? Are they automatically chosen based on the color of their skin and is this what keeps them ahead, economically speaking. There are some websites that I want you to read in your spare time, and then ask yourself, why is this a major issue for White America.
And why are they having such a hard time dealing with the harsh realities of being
born White. What do I mean by this ? Well then, just click on the links I posted below for more information. What do you think.

http://restructure.wordpress.com...
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2012 10:33:19 AM
At 9/10/2012 10:10:46 AM, inferno wrote:
in todays world we are very aware that we are living in a sharply divided country
he benefited from this alone. This may just be the actual thing again that gets him elected. Lets talk about the shame, guilt, anger, and resentment that Whites
feel daily once the are conscious about their own existence that may be questionable to many. Are they privileged ? Are they favored ? Are they automatically chosen based on the color of their skin and is this what keeps them ahead, economically speaking. There are some websites that I want you to read in your spare time, and then ask yourself, why is this a major issue for White America.
And why are they having such a hard time dealing with the harsh realities of being
born White. What do I mean by this ? Well then, just click on the links I posted below for more information. What do you think.

This one is going to sting the mess out of your typical racist. I cant wait for them to crawl out of their shell today, because I have a nuclear bomb waiting and more........
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2012 11:54:03 AM

I think you hit some very profound truths on the head. I would take it a step further as racism is not just a white issue. It is a world issue. All races are racist as a rule. Then, I take it even a step further. Race is just one category where people draw distinction where they see themselves in an in group and other people in an out group.

Every day people discriminate against people they perceive in an "out" group, whether it is race, religion, country or any other boundry. Since the current social group models of discrimination are not in national understanding we remain very ignorant as to what drives our perception of others.

I am throughly convinced that the human is designed to have a group mindset and gives preferential treatment to the groups they belong to. It takes training and understanding of those drivers to even have any type of hope to combat it. It is hard to overcome that and the best way to combat it is to expand membership into the group. In the case of race it requires being "color blind".

When you look at people who are clearly fearful of people in different groups, it stems from a complete lack of understanding. They are like an animal driven by genetics and experience in ways they can't understand and that fundamentally is ignorance.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2012 12:10:10 PM
At 9/10/2012 11:54:03 AM, slo1 wrote:

I think you hit some very profound truths on the head. I would take it a step further as racism is not just a white issue. It is a world issue. All races are racist as a rule. Then, I take it even a step further. Race is just one category where people draw distinction where they see themselves in an in group and other people in an out group.

Every day people discriminate against people they perceive in an "out" group, whether it is race, religion, country or any other boundry. Since the current social group models of discrimination are not in national understanding we remain very ignorant as to what drives our perception of others.

I am throughly convinced that the human is designed to have a group mindset and gives preferential treatment to the groups they belong to. It takes training and understanding of those drivers to even have any type of hope to combat it. It is hard to overcome that and the best way to combat it is to expand membership into the group. In the case of race it requires being "color blind".

When you look at people who are clearly fearful of people in different groups, it stems from a complete lack of understanding. They are like an animal driven by genetics and experience in ways they can't understand and that fundamentally is ignorance.

I believe that some Whites believe that they are the ones who are entitled
and should benefit from the system even more so. That is just my opinion.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2012 12:44:21 PM
At 9/10/2012 12:10:10 PM, inferno wrote:
in today's world we are very aware that we are living in a sharply divided country

I am thoroughly convinced that the human is designed to have a group mindset and gives preferential treatment to the groups they belong to. It takes training and understanding of those drivers to even have any type of hope to combat it. It is hard to overcome that and the best way to combat it is to expand membership into the group. In the case of race it requires being "color blind".

Of course some whites believe they are entitled and should benefit from the system, just like there are Asians who feel the same way, just like there are blacks who feel the same way. That is the point, it is a very natural way for humans to feel.

When you make it a "white" issue and ignore the greater context of it, you are simply engaging in the same racist behavior by creating this "out" group of whites who are in a different group than what you are. It makes no sense to only put whites in this "out" group, other than there may be an argument that whites are still the majority and can do more harm. That argument goes away as soon as something else is the majority.

Racism does not go away until we treat it holistically across all races and people start understanding it does not have to be a grouping that matters. Just like it does not matter to most people whether one is left or right handed. Note, it used to be that left handed people were discriminated against. Many a mother forced their child to write right handed versus their natural left handed.

I guess in a way I am arguing it is time to change the prevalent thought to include a color blind stance against racism. The new civil rights movement will need to take it on the chin for the rest of us to change mindsets in that type of way. That truly is the next evolution of civil rights in the US.

Of course I'm ahead of the game. Go forth and bash some folks who are still 1960's hold backs.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2012 12:54:34 PM
At 9/10/2012 12:44:21 PM, slo1 wrote:
in today's world we are very aware that we are living in a sharply divided country

I am thoroughly convinced that the human is designed to have a group mindset and gives preferential treatment to the groups they belong to. It takes training and understanding of those drivers to even have any type of hope to combat it. It is hard to overcome that and the best way to combat it is to expand membership into the group. In the case of race it requires being "color blind".

Of course some whites believe they are entitled and should benefit from the system, just like there are Asians who feel the same way, just like there are blacks who feel the same way. That is the point, it is a very natural way for humans to feel.

When you make it a "white" issue and ignore the greater context of it, you are simply engaging in the same racist behavior by creating this "out" group of whites who are in a different group than what you are. It makes no sense to only put whites in this "out" group, other than there may be an argument that whites are still the majority and can do more harm. That argument goes away as soon as something else is the majority.

Racism does not go away until we treat it holistically across all races and people start understanding it does not have to be a grouping that matters. Just like it does not matter to most people whether one is left or right handed. Note, it used to be that left handed people were discriminated against. Many a mother forced their child to write right handed versus their natural left handed.

I guess in a way I am arguing it is time to change the prevalent thought to include a color blind stance against racism. The new civil rights movement will need to take it on the chin for the rest of us to change mindsets in that type of way. That truly is the next evolution of civil rights in the US.

Of course I'm ahead of the game. Go forth and bash some folks who are still 1960's hold backs.

I agree that it is natural to feel like you are entitled to certain things based on the system alone. But this was not to bash White America in any way, shape or form.
It was to bring to ones attention about the destructive rhetoric and how this
social decadence is caused by those who do spitefully spew racist venom here
daily. One guy here is wondering why he feels this huge void inside his hateful soul. And this is the reason why he may want to kill himself. I hope that he does not though. Suicide gives you an automatic bid to you know where.
logicrules
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2012 2:26:35 PM

Curious....Are you a racist? Do you hate everyone?
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2012 5:12:13 PM
At 9/10/2012 2:26:35 PM, logicrules wrote:

No. Next time try asking an intelligent question and dont mess up this time around.
TheWaywardSon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2012 9:14:08 PM

I agree with you. The Japanese people for instance, (love them to death I was just living there for a year) are some of the most racist people historically when it comes to their treatment of Koreans and Chinese, although it has gotten a lot better recently. However, I think it is especially ironic for America because we are a country founded on immigrants, not just one country. While Japan's people are distinctly "Japanese," and have been for all of two thousand something years, their vision of racism is slightly different in my opinion. However, in the end I believe racism is racism so it doesn't really matter, I just think that it's especially ironic for the white American to be racist against blacks when they are cool with most every else from different countries as long as their skin is white. Also, the ciivil rights movement IN AMERICA is in a way more prevalent when it comes to black because well, look at U.S. History.
logicrules
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 6:23:49 AM
At 9/10/2012 5:12:13 PM, inferno wrote:
At 9/10/2012 2:26:35 PM, logicrules wrote:

No. Next time try asking an intelligent question and dont mess up this time around.

So, using your logic, asking someone if they are a racist is "unintelligent", however, telling someone he/she is a racist because of color is "intelligent". Would that be accurate?
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 9:26:45 AM
At 9/10/2012 9:14:08 PM, TheWaywardSon wrote:

I agree with you. The Japanese people for instance, (love them to death I was just living there for a year) are some of the most racist people historically when it comes to their treatment of Koreans and Chinese, although it has gotten a lot better recently. However, I think it is especially ironic for America because we are a country founded on immigrants, not just one country. While Japan's people are distinctly "Japanese," and have been for all of two thousand something years, their vision of racism is slightly different in my opinion. However, in the end I believe racism is racism so it doesn't really matter, I just think that it's especially ironic for the white American to be racist against blacks when they are cool with most every else from different countries as long as their skin is white. Also, the ciivil rights movement IN AMERICA is in a way more prevalent when it comes to black because well, look at U.S. History.

No. Telling someone who has displayed and announced their own bigotry and hate for another race of people................That is justified. Are you not intelligent enough to understand that.
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 12:00:49 PM
Racists are not, and never have been, shy about how they feel. Therefore you should be able to produce polling data supporting your contention that nearly everyone is a racist. There is no such data.

Right after Obama was elected, his approval rating was close to 70%. Of those those not approving, the valid political reasons are apparent. It is impossible that a substantial number of people were opposed to Obama on account of race. The claim that racism is now at it's highest since 60s is unsupportable. Leftists need some excuse as to why government control is not bringing prosperity, and this is the best they can come with.
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 12:06:51 PM
At 9/11/2012 12:00:49 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
Racists are not, and never have been, shy about how they feel. Therefore you should be able to produce polling data supporting your contention that nearly everyone is a racist. There is no such data.

Right after Obama was elected, his approval rating was close to 70%. Of those those not approving, the valid political and economic reasons are apparent. It is impossible that a substantial number of people were opposed to Obama on account of race. The claim that racism is now at it's highest since 60s is unsupportable. Leftists need some excuse as to why government control is not bringing prosperity, and this is the best they can come with.

Agreed. Playing the race card is a last resort for failed policies.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 12:32:26 PM
At 9/11/2012 12:00:49 PM, RoyLatham wrote:

Right after Obama was elected, his approval rating was close to 70%. Of those those not approving, the valid political reasons are apparent. It is impossible that a substantial number of people were opposed to Obama on account of race. The claim that racism is now at it's highest since 60s is unsupportable. Leftists need some excuse as to why government control is not bringing prosperity, and this is the best they can come with.

This is not a Leftist agenda. It is about our relationships with each other in our country underneath the leadership of a Negro President.
This is an inevitable issue and it would not even matter if the media played a part or not. America is a race sick nation.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 2:37:34 PM
At 9/11/2012 12:43:34 PM, logicrules wrote:
Well without the White Vote Obama would not be president, ergo, the whites elected Obama.

That is good news as far as Im concerned. The GOP needs to become more diversifed.
TheWaywardSon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 3:35:38 PM
At 9/11/2012 9:26:45 AM, inferno wrote:

No. Telling someone who has displayed and announced their own bigotry and hate for another race of people................That is justified. Are you not intelligent enough to understand that.

I'm confused. I didn't get that message at all from what he said. i just got that he thinks that Racism should be applied more broadly. I VERY MUCH AGREE that Racism hurts white people in America and just about everything else you have been saying as well.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2012 9:10:40 AM
At 9/11/2012 3:35:38 PM, TheWaywardSon wrote:
At 9/11/2012 9:26:45 AM, inferno wrote:

I'm confused. I didn't get that message at all from what he said. i just got that he thinks that Racism should be applied more broadly. I VERY MUCH AGREE that Racism hurts white people in America and just about everything else you have been saying as well.

The whole ideology behind it oppresses the oppressed just as much.
logicrules
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2012 4:28:06 AM
At 9/11/2012 2:37:34 PM, inferno wrote:
Well without the White Vote Obama would not be president, ergo, the whites elected Obama.

That is good news as far as Im concerned. The GOP needs to become more diversifed.

LOL its not news unless you're almost years behind.
LordRenly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2012 7:48:19 AM
You stupid American racist and you hate black white green yellow blue red orange people that is why nobody like America because America think it so great and they are so mean to everybody.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2012 10:27:30 AM
At 9/14/2012 4:28:06 AM, logicrules wrote:
At 9/11/2012 2:37:34 PM, inferno wrote:

LOL its not news unless you're almost years behind.

Yeah. That would be the Grand Ole Party. The party or dinosaurs.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2012 10:51:34 AM
At 9/14/2012 7:48:19 AM, LordRenly wrote:
You stupid American racist and you hate black white green yellow blue red orange people that is why nobody like America because America think it so great and they are so mean to everybody.

What the f*ck did I just read?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2012 10:52:27 AM
At 9/14/2012 10:51:34 AM, imabench wrote:
At 9/14/2012 7:48:19 AM, LordRenly wrote:

What the f*ck did I just read?

......I known not.....but this is next weeks quote of the week.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-