Total Posts:67|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Mitt Romney killed bin Laden!

Microsuck
Posts: 1,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 11:11:40 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
"at least that's what 15% of Ohio Republicans and 15% of North Carolina Republicans believe. What is even more startling is that 47% of Ohio Republicans and 56% of North Carolina Republicans aren't sure if credit should go to Obama or Romney.

http://www.washingtonpost.com...

http://palmettopublicrecord.org...

Really? They're not sure? Mitt Romney didn't hold public office of any kind when Osama bin Laden was killed. No one in the military, special forces, or intelligence took orders or even vague suggestions from him, and yet sizable portions of Republicans in two states either aren't sure if credit should go to Mitt Romney, or are absolutely convinced that credit should go to Mitt Romney instead of, you know, they guy who actually made the call and gave the order.

Nothing can show just how wildly disconnected from reality conservolibertarians have become more than this.

I was shocked when Republicans (even Republicans on these forums) tried to give credit to Saint Bush in spite of all available evidence otherwise, but Mitt Romney? Really? Mitt Romney? At least Bush was president back when he closed down the office looking for bin Laden and gave the order that resulted in bin Laden escaping from Bora Bora.

To the conservatives of this forum: do any of you believe Mitt Romney is responsible for the death of bin Laden? Are you undecided about whether credit should go to Romney or Obama? If neither of these things are true, can you at least explain the reasoning that your fellow rightists are using to justify these insane opinions?
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 11:36:54 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
neither should get credit.

It was enhanced interrogations from Gitmo that found Osama; something Obama Opposed. All Obama did was give the green light; something only Democrats would be incompetent enough to not do. *cough* Clinton * cough*

Than after Osama was killed, Obama refused to release the tapes, giving conspiracy theorists amo to question whether Osama was alive or dead (and justly so). The reason Obama wanted the government to be the only ones privy to the proof of Osama's death is because he did not want to offend jihadists. In an extra measure he gave Osama Islamic funeral rights; just to make sure no Jihadist as offended.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 1:58:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/11/2012 11:36:54 AM, DanT wrote:
neither should get credit.

It was enhanced interrogations from Gitmo that found Osama; something Obama Opposed. All Obama did was give the green light; something only Democrats would be incompetent enough to not do. *cough* Clinton * cough*

Than after Osama was killed, Obama refused to release the tapes, giving conspiracy theorists amo to question whether Osama was alive or dead (and justly so). The reason Obama wanted the government to be the only ones privy to the proof of Osama's death is because he did not want to offend jihadists. In an extra measure he gave Osama Islamic funeral rights; just to make sure no Jihadist as offended.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Posts: 2,900
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 2:30:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
President Sarah Palin killed bin Laden. Stupid conspiracy theorists trying to give credit to Obama.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
Frederick53
Posts: 1,037
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 2:58:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/11/2012 11:36:54 AM, DanT wrote:
neither should get credit.

It was enhanced interrogations from Gitmo that found Osama; something Obama Opposed. All Obama did was give the green light; something only Democrats would be incompetent enough to not do. *cough* Clinton * cough*

Than after Osama was killed, Obama refused to release the tapes, giving conspiracy theorists amo to question whether Osama was alive or dead (and justly so). The reason Obama wanted the government to be the only ones privy to the proof of Osama's death is because he did not want to offend jihadists. In an extra measure he gave Osama Islamic funeral rights; just to make sure no Jihadist as offended.

Oh come on. Stop with the "Obama is too nice to our enemies" bullsh!t. He had Bin Laden killed. I'm pretty fvcking sure that giving Bin Laden funeral rights didn't make the Jihadists go "You know what, I think this Obama guy must be on our side."
In 1975, the Second Vietnam War began -1Historygenius

Like no wonder that indian dude rejected you.- Darkkermit to royalpaladin

Social Darwinism is a justification- 1Historygenius

Equal opportunity exists, so there is no problem- EvanK
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 3:10:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Navy SEALs killed Osama.....
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 3:13:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/11/2012 3:10:00 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Navy SEALs killed Osama.....

Bullets killed Osama.....
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 3:15:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/11/2012 3:13:51 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/11/2012 3:10:00 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Navy SEALs killed Osama.....

Bullets killed Osama.....

My point was, everyone gives Obama all the credit for Osama's death, when he just made a blatantly obvious decision to go get him....
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
slo1
Posts: 4,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 3:17:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/11/2012 11:11:40 AM, Microsuck wrote:
"at least that's what 15% of Ohio Republicans and 15% of North Carolina Republicans believe. What is even more startling is that 47% of Ohio Republicans and 56% of North Carolina Republicans aren't sure if credit should go to Obama or Romney.

http://www.washingtonpost.com...

http://palmettopublicrecord.org...

Really? They're not sure? Mitt Romney didn't hold public office of any kind when Osama bin Laden was killed. No one in the military, special forces, or intelligence took orders or even vague suggestions from him, and yet sizable portions of Republicans in two states either aren't sure if credit should go to Mitt Romney, or are absolutely convinced that credit should go to Mitt Romney instead of, you know, they guy who actually made the call and gave the order.

Nothing can show just how wildly disconnected from reality conservolibertarians have become more than this.

I was shocked when Republicans (even Republicans on these forums) tried to give credit to Saint Bush in spite of all available evidence otherwise, but Mitt Romney? Really? Mitt Romney? At least Bush was president back when he closed down the office looking for bin Laden and gave the order that resulted in bin Laden escaping from Bora Bora.

To the conservatives of this forum: do any of you believe Mitt Romney is responsible for the death of bin Laden? Are you undecided about whether credit should go to Romney or Obama? If neither of these things are true, can you at least explain the reasoning that your fellow rightists are using to justify these insane opinions?

Pretty sad state of affairs. It does not surprise me in one bit. The truth is never the goal of either Republicans or Democrats for that matter. Ideology seems to come first before the truth.

I guarantee it many Republicans think Iran has nuclear weapons already. The TX conservatives I work around will not even to this day admit Iraq invasion was a mistake.

Humans have an odd habit of believing it is more important to be right than it is to uncover the truth. One would think they are compatible, but uncovering the truth often means not having an opinion to get in the way of finding the truth.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 3:19:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/11/2012 3:15:54 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 9/11/2012 3:13:51 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/11/2012 3:10:00 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Navy SEALs killed Osama.....

Bullets killed Osama.....

My point was, everyone gives Obama all the credit for Osama's death, when he just made a blatantly obvious decision to go get him....

Please don't parrot the ignorant detractions coming from the Republican base. There were significantly uncertain whether he was actually there in the compound, and many advised him not to go. and if he failed he would have been a truly devastating failure and all blame would fall on him. It was undoubtedly a gutsy decision, and anyone who says otherwise is unabashedly ignorant.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 3:25:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/11/2012 3:13:51 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/11/2012 3:10:00 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Navy SEALs killed Osama.....

Bullets killed Osama.....

If you're going to be obtuse...

It wasn't bullets, it would have been blood-loss or hydrostatic shock or something like that.

Getting shot doesn't kill you... it's when you stop bleeding, that's what kills you.
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 3:25:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/11/2012 3:19:57 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/11/2012 3:15:54 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 9/11/2012 3:13:51 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/11/2012 3:10:00 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Navy SEALs killed Osama.....

Bullets killed Osama.....

My point was, everyone gives Obama all the credit for Osama's death, when he just made a blatantly obvious decision to go get him....

Please don't parrot the ignorant detractions coming from the Republican base. There were significantly uncertain whether he was actually there in the compound, and many advised him not to go. and if he failed he would have been a truly devastating failure and all blame would fall on him. It was undoubtedly a gutsy decision, and anyone who says otherwise is unabashedly ignorant.

Oh, gimme a break, if he wasn't there, what would have happened? Nothing. Some slight repercussions, but nothing major at all.

He made the decisions anyone with half a brain would have made. And please don't parrot the liberal media "It was gutsy, he was SSSOOOOO brave, yadayadayada...." response.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 3:26:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/11/2012 3:25:38 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 9/11/2012 3:13:51 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/11/2012 3:10:00 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Navy SEALs killed Osama.....

Bullets killed Osama.....

If you're going to be obtuse...

It wasn't bullets, it would have been blood-loss or hydrostatic shock or something like that.

Getting shot doesn't kill you... it's when you stop bleeding, that's what kills you.

Actually, it was probably the severing of the nerves in his brain, since I believe they shot him first through the head, and then through the heart.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 3:28:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/11/2012 3:25:38 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 9/11/2012 3:13:51 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/11/2012 3:10:00 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Navy SEALs killed Osama.....

Bullets killed Osama.....

If you're going to be obtuse...

It wasn't bullets, it would have been blood-loss or hydrostatic shock or something like that.

Getting shot doesn't kill you... it's when you stop bleeding, that's what kills you.

lol yes. You're only furthering my point.

My point was that credit isn't just given to the final impetus, but all events and decisions that predicated it. To say that Obama deserves no credit because the SEAL team killed OBL, is like saying that the SEAL team deserves no credit because the bullet killed OBL.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 3:30:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/11/2012 3:28:52 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/11/2012 3:25:38 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 9/11/2012 3:13:51 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/11/2012 3:10:00 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Navy SEALs killed Osama.....

Bullets killed Osama.....

If you're going to be obtuse...

It wasn't bullets, it would have been blood-loss or hydrostatic shock or something like that.

Getting shot doesn't kill you... it's when you stop bleeding, that's what kills you.

lol yes. You're only furthering my point.

My point was that credit isn't just given to the final impetus, but all events and decisions that predicated it. To say that Obama deserves no credit because the SEAL team killed OBL, is like saying that the SEAL team deserves no credit because the bullet killed OBL.

Maybe the american people should get credit for wanting Osama Bin Laden to be killed, and demanding the government to do something, and through the same extension Mitt Romney as well :p.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 3:31:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/11/2012 3:30:54 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 9/11/2012 3:28:52 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/11/2012 3:25:38 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 9/11/2012 3:13:51 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/11/2012 3:10:00 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Navy SEALs killed Osama.....

Bullets killed Osama.....

If you're going to be obtuse...

It wasn't bullets, it would have been blood-loss or hydrostatic shock or something like that.

Getting shot doesn't kill you... it's when you stop bleeding, that's what kills you.

lol yes. You're only furthering my point.

My point was that credit isn't just given to the final impetus, but all events and decisions that predicated it. To say that Obama deserves no credit because the SEAL team killed OBL, is like saying that the SEAL team deserves no credit because the bullet killed OBL.

Maybe the american people should get credit for wanting Osama Bin Laden to be killed, and demanding the government to do something, and through the same extension Mitt Romney as well :p.

No, Osama gets ultimate credit for his demise, because without his actions he never would have become enemy #1.
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 3:32:39 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/11/2012 3:28:52 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/11/2012 3:25:38 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 9/11/2012 3:13:51 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/11/2012 3:10:00 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Navy SEALs killed Osama.....

Bullets killed Osama.....

If you're going to be obtuse...

It wasn't bullets, it would have been blood-loss or hydrostatic shock or something like that.

Getting shot doesn't kill you... it's when you stop bleeding, that's what kills you.

lol yes. You're only furthering my point.

My point was that credit isn't just given to the final impetus, but all events and decisions that predicated it. To say that Obama deserves no credit because the SEAL team killed OBL, is like saying that the SEAL team deserves no credit because the bullet killed OBL.

Ok, he doesn't deserve credit because he made the obvious decision, and how they even found Osama was because of information gotten from Gitmo water boarding, which he opposed until he finally got the memo that, hey this works really well. Plus, the info wasn't even gotten under his watch.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 3:34:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/11/2012 3:30:54 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 9/11/2012 3:28:52 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/11/2012 3:25:38 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 9/11/2012 3:13:51 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/11/2012 3:10:00 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Navy SEALs killed Osama.....

Bullets killed Osama.....

If you're going to be obtuse...

It wasn't bullets, it would have been blood-loss or hydrostatic shock or something like that.

Getting shot doesn't kill you... it's when you stop bleeding, that's what kills you.

lol yes. You're only furthering my point.

My point was that credit isn't just given to the final impetus, but all events and decisions that predicated it. To say that Obama deserves no credit because the SEAL team killed OBL, is like saying that the SEAL team deserves no credit because the bullet killed OBL.

Maybe the american people should get credit for wanting Osama Bin Laden to be killed, and demanding the government to do something, and through the same extension Mitt Romney as well :p.

Not quite, because none the actions you mentioned were directly responsible for the final outcome. Electing Obama was not done with the sole intention of eliminating OBL. So, no.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 3:38:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/11/2012 3:31:58 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 9/11/2012 3:30:54 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 9/11/2012 3:28:52 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/11/2012 3:25:38 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 9/11/2012 3:13:51 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/11/2012 3:10:00 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Navy SEALs killed Osama.....

Bullets killed Osama.....

If you're going to be obtuse...

It wasn't bullets, it would have been blood-loss or hydrostatic shock or something like that.

Getting shot doesn't kill you... it's when you stop bleeding, that's what kills you.

lol yes. You're only furthering my point.

My point was that credit isn't just given to the final impetus, but all events and decisions that predicated it. To say that Obama deserves no credit because the SEAL team killed OBL, is like saying that the SEAL team deserves no credit because the bullet killed OBL.

Maybe the american people should get credit for wanting Osama Bin Laden to be killed, and demanding the government to do something, and through the same extension Mitt Romney as well :p.

No, Osama gets ultimate credit for his demise, because without his actions he never would have become enemy #1.

Yes, but If Bill Clintron withdrew troops from the middle east, Osama never would've attacked, so Clinton deserves credit for killing Osama, by allowing the events for 9/11 to take place.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 3:39:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/11/2012 3:34:09 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/11/2012 3:30:54 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 9/11/2012 3:28:52 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/11/2012 3:25:38 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 9/11/2012 3:13:51 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/11/2012 3:10:00 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Navy SEALs killed Osama.....

Bullets killed Osama.....

If you're going to be obtuse...

It wasn't bullets, it would have been blood-loss or hydrostatic shock or something like that.

Getting shot doesn't kill you... it's when you stop bleeding, that's what kills you.

lol yes. You're only furthering my point.

My point was that credit isn't just given to the final impetus, but all events and decisions that predicated it. To say that Obama deserves no credit because the SEAL team killed OBL, is like saying that the SEAL team deserves no credit because the bullet killed OBL.

Maybe the american people should get credit for wanting Osama Bin Laden to be killed, and demanding the government to do something, and through the same extension Mitt Romney as well :p.

Not quite, because none the actions you mentioned were directly responsible for the final outcome. Electing Obama was not done with the sole intention of eliminating OBL. So, no.

What is directly responsible?
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 3:40:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/11/2012 3:32:39 PM, OberHerr wrote:

Ok, he doesn't deserve credit because he made the obvious decision, and how they even found Osama was because of information gotten from Gitmo water boarding, which he opposed until he finally got the memo that, hey this works really well. Plus, the info wasn't even gotten under his watch.

You're stupid. (I'm going to start responding to your comments like this from now on)

"Rather than being indecisive about the raid, Obama ordered the operation against the advice of his defense secretary, who had started working for Nixon's National Security Council when Obama was only 13, and against the advice of Vice President Joe Biden, who was elected to the Senate when Obama was 11. Also advocating a course of action other than the raid was Gen. James "Hoss" Cartwright, Obama's then-No. 2 military adviser.

And rather than scaling back the scope of the bin Laden raid, in fact, it was Obama who ordered more choppers to go on the operation, according to Adm. Mike Mullen, then chairman of the Joint Chiefs of the Staff, who told me, "Obama is the one that put in the Chinook-47s. He is the one that said, 'There is not enough backup.' "
Instead of dithering, Obama was deeply involved in a decision that, after all, had the potential to destroy his presidency if the operation had turned into a fiasco similar to the Iran hostage rescue debacle of 1980. The possibility of a similar debacle was a serious concern of Gates. And Obama was solely responsible for the decision to give the "go" for the operation despite the fact that there was no proof that bin Laden was living in Abbottabad, only a circumstantial case that he was."(http://www.cnn.com... )
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 3:41:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/11/2012 3:10:00 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Navy SEALs killed Osama.....

False.

Kidney failure killed Osama 10 years ago.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 3:42:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/11/2012 3:39:35 PM, darkkermit wrote:

What is directly responsible?

Actions done with deliberate intentions toward a certain goal....where, should that goal be accomplished, those actions can be credited. The election of Obama is not a part of that series, for he was not elected by the American people with the sole and deliberate intention of eliminating Osama Bin Laden. That's what directly responsible means.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 3:44:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/11/2012 3:41:02 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 9/11/2012 3:10:00 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Navy SEALs killed Osama.....

False.

Kidney failure killed Osama 10 years ago.

what would be the incentive to state that Osama bin Laden is dead.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 3:46:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/11/2012 3:42:19 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/11/2012 3:39:35 PM, darkkermit wrote:

What is directly responsible?

Actions done with deliberate intentions toward a certain goal....where, should that goal be accomplished, those actions can be credited. The election of Obama is not a part of that series, for he was not elected by the American people with the sole and deliberate intention of eliminating Osama Bin Laden. That's what directly responsible means.

I didn't say that it was the election of Obama that caused his death. Otherwise, how could Romney be responsible when he probably voted for Mccain. Just that the american people wanted Osama Bin Laden dead. If the american people didn't care, then no resources would be diverted to this goal, and Osama Bin Laden would still be alive.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Stephen_Hawkins
Posts: 5,316
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 3:48:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/11/2012 3:25:48 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 9/11/2012 3:19:57 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/11/2012 3:15:54 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 9/11/2012 3:13:51 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/11/2012 3:10:00 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Navy SEALs killed Osama.....

Bullets killed Osama.....

My point was, everyone gives Obama all the credit for Osama's death, when he just made a blatantly obvious decision to go get him....

Please don't parrot the ignorant detractions coming from the Republican base. There were significantly uncertain whether he was actually there in the compound, and many advised him not to go. and if he failed he would have been a truly devastating failure and all blame would fall on him. It was undoubtedly a gutsy decision, and anyone who says otherwise is unabashedly ignorant.

Oh, gimme a break, if he wasn't there, what would have happened? Nothing. Some slight repercussions, but nothing major at all.

He made the decisions anyone with half a brain would have made. And please don't parrot the liberal media "It was gutsy, he was SSSOOOOO brave, yadayadayada...." response.

I always wonder what the rest of the group there wanted to do. I mean, if it really was 50/50 he was there, there may be safer options (e.g. stake it out in some context) or riskier options (watch out the hideout to use Osama essentially as "bait" to see the top dogs of Al Qaeda go in and out and capture all the important people before going after Osama). It was the centrist option, in short.

I do think it was gutsy. There was a good chance of a shitstorm coming up if he was wrong, and his major strength, foreign relations, taking a serious hit (especially if up against candidates who actually had a good foreign affairs record - or had a foreign affairs record), and similar problems. It wasn't "brave", because gutsy means you took a risk for a reward. Bravery implies some duty of some kind, or doing it for a "higher cause". Quite frankly, he did it because it was a decision he felt was most apt.

And for the record, if he didn't go in, there wouldn't be a massive insult to his name regarding it: it was a military operation, which meant it was classified, and thus didn't have to be released. That is just a lie by someone who loves Obama rather than any ideology.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 3:48:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/11/2012 3:46:45 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 9/11/2012 3:42:19 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/11/2012 3:39:35 PM, darkkermit wrote:

What is directly responsible?

Actions done with deliberate intentions toward a certain goal....where, should that goal be accomplished, those actions can be credited. The election of Obama is not a part of that series, for he was not elected by the American people with the sole and deliberate intention of eliminating Osama Bin Laden. That's what directly responsible means.

I didn't say that it was the election of Obama that caused his death. Otherwise, how could Romney be responsible when he probably voted for Mccain. Just that the american people wanted Osama Bin Laden dead. If the american people didn't care, then no resources would be diverted to this goal, and Osama Bin Laden would still be alive.

Then we can credit them too. What's your point? I've established that there's an obvious cap on who/what deserves credit,...now you just seem to be grasping at straws.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 3:48:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/11/2012 3:40:13 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/11/2012 3:32:39 PM, OberHerr wrote:

Ok, he doesn't deserve credit because he made the obvious decision, and how they even found Osama was because of information gotten from Gitmo water boarding, which he opposed until he finally got the memo that, hey this works really well. Plus, the info wasn't even gotten under his watch.

You're stupid. (I'm going to start responding to your comments like this from now on)

Suits your holier-than-thou attitude toward us lowly people that disagreed that Obama is the messiah.


"Rather than being indecisive about the raid, Obama ordered the operation against the advice of his defense secretary, who had started working for Nixon's National Security Council when Obama was only 13, and against the advice of Vice President Joe Biden, who was elected to the Senate when Obama was 11. Also advocating a course of action other than the raid was Gen. James "Hoss" Cartwright, Obama's then-No. 2 military adviser.

And rather than scaling back the scope of the bin Laden raid, in fact, it was Obama who ordered more choppers to go on the operation, according to Adm. Mike Mullen, then chairman of the Joint Chiefs of the Staff, who told me, "Obama is the one that put in the Chinook-47s. He is the one that said, 'There is not enough backup.' "
Instead of dithering, Obama was deeply involved in a decision that, after all, had the potential to destroy his presidency if the operation had turned into a fiasco similar to the Iran hostage rescue debacle of 1980. The possibility of a similar debacle was a serious concern of Gates. And Obama was solely responsible for the decision to give the "go" for the operation despite the fact that there was no proof that bin Laden was living in Abbottabad, only a circumstantial case that he was."(http://www.cnn.com... )

Wanna know what would have destroyed his presidency more? If he hadn't. And, wow, some people on his staff wanna paint him as a daring bad@$$. Whoopteedo.

And, it wouldn't have destroyed his presidency if it had been false, it would have hurt him, but as we know, as long as you have almost all the media on your side, you just can't do no wrong. He's done worse as it is, what with drone strikes and such. So, no it wasn't that risky. And I doubt there was "little evidence in favor of it".....

And, oh he ordered the extra guys?! WOW! Gee willickers, thats just great. So, he should get every ounce of credit for the entire operation, cause he made the maybe slightly risky obvious decision.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 3:51:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/11/2012 3:41:02 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 9/11/2012 3:10:00 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Navy SEALs killed Osama.....

False.

Kidney failure killed Osama 10 years ago.

And you sir can shut the hell up.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-