Jump to topic:

2000 Egyptions protest images of Mohammad

slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 2:54:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Some of the 2000 protesters climbed the US embassy walls to destroy the US flag.

Ironically, Republicans and current Democratic Administration want to imprison them in Gitmo them for defiling the image of their county. Fundamentalist Muslims want to shoot them and all other Americans in the head for living in the country which allowed private parties to make an image of Mohammad public.

Sigh.....................................

religion is really a destructive force on this earth in its current forms. To all peaceful people who practice peaceful religions, I'm sorry you have to get tossed in the mix with all the non-enlightened peoples.

http://www.newsdaily.com...
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 3:28:02 PM
The violent religious people on this Earth are a severe minority, you know that right?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 5:51:33 PM
At 9/11/2012 3:28:02 PM, OberHerr wrote:
The violent religious people on this Earth are a severe minority, you know that right?

Actually, no, I don't know that. I do know that people have and continue to use ideologies (religion is just one of the ideologies to throw in the mix) to justify violence against others.

Not to mention, I could probably say a majority of Japanese in 1953 were non-violent in action. That does not mean they did not support the empire and have no culpability in the entire matter.

What should one say, for example, when a Pakistani Christian shows up at a local police station bruised and beaten for allegedly defaming Islam by burning the Koran. A mosque broadcasted the accusations of the crime over their loudspeaker for goodness sake.

This is a state and people sanctioned law. I could pass it off and say the handful of people who harmed her or would harm her is a minority, but it is the majority that allows it to happen.

Ironically, it ends up that a cleric planted evidence of burning the Koran on her.

Also, ironically this little girls life is in danger and it is not because a majority of Pakistani Muslims are non violent.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 5:53:31 PM
At 9/11/2012 5:51:33 PM, slo1 wrote:

Actually, no, I don't know that. I do know that people have and continue to use ideologies (religion is just one of the ideologies to throw in the mix) to justify violence against others.

Not to mention, I could probably say a majority of Japanese in 1953 were non-violent in action. That does not mean they did not support the empire and have no culpability in the entire matter.

What should one say, for example, when a Pakistani Christian shows up at a local police station bruised and beaten for allegedly defaming Islam by burning the Koran. A mosque broadcasted the accusations of the crime over their loudspeaker for goodness sake.

This is a state and people sanctioned law. I could pass it off and say the handful of people who harmed her or would harm her is a minority, but it is the majority that allows it to happen.

Ironically, it ends up that a cleric planted evidence of burning the Koran on her.

Also, ironically this little girls life is in danger and it is not because a majority of Pakistani Muslims are non violent.

But, thats some Pakistani Muslims. You realize how small a percentage of Muslims alone that is right, let alone religious people in general?

And don't lump all Pakistanis in with it either.

InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 6:00:18 PM
This really doesn't surprise. Ever since the Muslim Brotherhood started getting support and finally got elected I knew Egypt was being radicalized. The Saudis are extremely successful in spreading their radical poisonous ideology.

Also, it's silly to protest about Muhammad pictures. Early Muslims depicted Muhammad and shias continue to do so today. It really only seems to be an issue in sunni Islam I have found.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 6:01:35 PM
At 9/11/2012 6:00:18 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
This really doesn't surprise. Ever since the Muslim Brotherhood started getting support and finally got elected I knew Egypt was being radicalized. The Saudis are extremely successful in spreading their radical poisonous ideology.

Also, it's silly to protest about Muhammad pictures. Early Muslims depicted Muhammad and shias continue to do so today. It really only seems to be an issue in sunni Islam I have found.

Which is the vast majority....

InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 6:07:02 PM
At 9/11/2012 6:01:35 PM, OberHerr wrote:

Which is the vast majority....

Well my point is that even early sunnis didn't have an issue. In fact, there wasn't even an issue until very recently. South Park actually aired one episode with a pretty badass depiction of Muhammad(he could shoot fireballs, 'nuff said) and muslims didn't protest at that time.
MattDescopa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 6:14:40 PM

You have a bias against Muslims in general, and its funny considering your a Muslim. Look at how much the secularization has seeped into your brain.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 6:17:13 PM
At 9/11/2012 6:14:40 PM, MattDescopa wrote:

You have a bias against Muslims in general, and its funny considering your a Muslim. Look at how much the secularization has seeped into your brain.

No, I only have a bias against the radical muslims who make us look like lunatics.
MattDescopa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 6:25:20 PM
At 9/11/2012 6:17:13 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

No, I only have a bias against the radical muslims who make us look like lunatics.

"who make us look like lunatics." Who are you presenting yourself too? Europe, America etc?

Why do you value the majority opinion so much? Billions of people living all over the globe are simply sheep and follow the norms of their society. Only a small percentage of people form opinions which can be backed by a decent argument.

Don't forget that many people have a bias against other religions and cultures. Have a spine and don't value what others think so much.

You are pretending that the U.S, Britain etc are like "the popular people at school" that you have to impress so that you can feel "in".
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 6:28:05 PM
At 9/11/2012 6:25:20 PM, MattDescopa wrote:
At 9/11/2012 6:17:13 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

"who make us look like lunatics." Who are you presenting yourself too? Europe, America etc?

Why do you value the majority opinion so much? Billions of people living all over the globe are simply sheep and follow the norms of their society. Only a small percentage of people form opinions which can be backed by a decent argument.

Don't forget that many people have a bias against other religions and cultures. Have a spine and don't value what others think so much.

You are pretending that the U.S, Britain etc are like "the popular people at school" that you have to impress so that you can feel "in".

No, it's nothing to do with that. I'm just a reasonable human being that can see it's pathetic to protest over something stupid like cartoons. There's islamic extremists who are against any form of artistic expression and that's pathetic.
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 6:33:30 PM
At 9/11/2012 2:54:51 PM, slo1 wrote:
Some of the 2000 protesters climbed the US embassy walls to destroy the US flag.

Ironically, Republicans and current Democratic Administration want to imprison them in Gitmo them for defiling the image of their county. Fundamentalist Muslims want to shoot them and all other Americans in the head for living in the country which allowed private parties to make an image of Mohammad public.

Sigh.....................................

religion is really a destructive force on this earth in its current forms. To all peaceful people who practice peaceful religions, I'm sorry you have to get tossed in the mix with all the non-enlightened peoples.

I think every non-Muslim should draw a picture of Muhammad, just because we can.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
MattDescopa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 6:33:39 PM
At 9/11/2012 6:28:05 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

No, it's nothing to do with that. I'm just a reasonable human being that can see it's pathetic to protest over something stupid like cartoons. There's islamic extremists who are against any form of artistic expression and that's pathetic.

Why is it so stupid? The only reason you think its stupid is because the norm in your society is that cartoons are OK.

Why is it completely fine to draw cartoons?
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 6:37:06 PM
At 9/11/2012 6:33:39 PM, MattDescopa wrote:

Why is it so stupid? The only reason you think its stupid is because the norm in your society is that cartoons are OK.

Cartoons are a form of artistic expression, they're harmless. Besides, like I said even very recently sunni muslims didn't even seem to have an issue with it. They didn't protest when the first South Park Muhammad episode was aired.
MattDescopa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 6:40:47 PM
At 9/11/2012 6:37:06 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

Cartoons are a form of artistic expression, they're harmless. Besides, like I said even very recently sunni muslims didn't even seem to have an issue with it. They didn't protest when the first South Park Muhammad episode was aired.

Sorry to change the topic, but what is your opinion on Sunni Islam?
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 6:46:05 PM
At 9/11/2012 6:40:47 PM, MattDescopa wrote:

Well it's not my sect so obviously I don't have a hugely favourable opinion on it, especially not now with the Saudis funding everything and radicalizing everybody.
MattDescopa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 6:50:31 PM
At 9/11/2012 6:46:05 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/11/2012 6:40:47 PM, MattDescopa wrote:

Well it's not my sect so obviously I don't have a hugely favourable opinion on it, especially not now with the Saudis funding everything and radicalizing everybody.

whats your sect? Isn't there only 2-3?
MattDescopa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 6:51:34 PM
and plus do you really believe that Mohammed believes in your sect? Wouldn't the larger sect generally be more accurate on religious beliefs. I mean we don't go to Mormons to get a basic understanding of Christian theology.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 6:54:03 PM
At 9/11/2012 6:51:34 PM, MattDescopa wrote:
and plus do you really believe that Mohammed believes in your sect? Wouldn't the larger sect generally be more accurate on religious beliefs. I mean we don't go to Mormons to get a basic understanding of Christian theology.

I generally just call myself "Muslim" since the Qur'an itself forbids breaking into sects. Muhammad himself would have just been a muslim.
MattDescopa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 6:56:21 PM
At 9/11/2012 6:54:03 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

I generally just call myself "Muslim" since the Qur'an itself forbids breaking into sects. Muhammad himself would have just been a muslim.

The early Muslims were all the people you call Sunnis today. The only reason Sunnis started calling themselves sunni is because they had to differentiate fro shias. Sunni itself means following the teachings of mohammad whereas shia means following ali.

I was asking where you fall in.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 7:03:21 PM
At 9/11/2012 6:56:21 PM, MattDescopa wrote:

The early Muslims were all the people you call Sunnis today. The only reason Sunnis started calling themselves sunni is because they had to differentiate fro shias. Sunni itself means following the teachings of mohammad whereas shia means following ali.

Actually, that's not entirely true since the sunnis follow the Sahih Bukhari and Sahih Muslim hadith books which were written down about 200 years later. Early muslims were following the Qur'an. As for my personal views I certainly favour the shia ideology over the sunni ideology. Ali was actually alive during Muhammad's time so his teachings are more credible to me than those of Bukhari.
MattDescopa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 7:07:22 PM
At 9/11/2012 7:03:21 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

Actually, that's not entirely true since the sunnis follow the Sahih Bukhari and Sahih Muslim hadith books which were written down about 200 years later. Early muslims were following the Qur'an. As for my personal views I certainly favour the shia ideology over the sunni ideology. Ali was actually alive during Muhammad's time so his teachings are more credible to me than those of Bukhari.

shiism? Dont they believe Ali is some sort of demi god? They say that Ali was all knowing, all perfect etc etc. These are only qualities which belong to God.

Also, Im pretty sure the hadiths were oral traditions which existed right from Mohammeds time. Whatever Ali said that is most credible has to come from the hadiths.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 7:11:55 PM
At 9/11/2012 7:07:22 PM, MattDescopa wrote:
At 9/11/2012 7:03:21 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

shiism? Dont they believe Ali is some sort of demi god? They say that Ali was all knowing, all perfect etc etc. These are only qualities which belong to God.

I personally don't, but meh. Also, you're probably thinking of Imam Mahdi. Really, the split occurred because shias believe Muhammad appointed Ali himself to be the successor while sunnis wanted an elected leader.

Also, Im pretty sure the hadiths were oral traditions which existed right from Mohammeds time. Whatever Ali said that is most credible has to come from the hadiths.

Well like anything else they could have been distorted. Have you heard of the children's game called "chinese whispers"? It's kind of like that. Sunnis and shias accept different hadith books and the shia ones, as far as I know, go back to Ali directly.
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 7:15:04 PM

You shut your mouth right now!!! I try to commit violent acts against the Kafir in the name of Allah, but sometimes life gets in the way. If anything, Islam is more violent than your near-complete religion. The more people are willing to die for a belief, the more likely it is true. Just ask William Lane Craig! He supports Islam through this teaching! Anyway, I'll try to commit more violence against my fellow man in the name of Islam, but it's just insulting to me and my faith to mockingly say, "violent religious people on this Earth are a severe minority." Where do you get off in insulting my religion like that?
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 7:16:56 PM
At 9/11/2012 7:15:04 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:

You shut your mouth right now!!! I try to commit violent acts against the Kafir in the name of Allah, but sometimes life gets in the way. If anything, Islam is more violent than your near-complete religion. The more people are willing to die for a belief, the more likely it is true. Just ask William Lane Craig! He supports Islam through this teaching! Anyway, I'll try to commit more violence against my fellow man in the name of Islam, but it's just insulting to me and my faith to mockingly say, "violent religious people on this Earth are a severe minority." Where do you get off in insulting my religion like that?

Shut up, troll. Hahaha. The real muslims are talking.
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 7:24:10 PM
At 9/11/2012 6:25:20 PM, MattDescopa wrote:

Exactly! This is why I absolutely detest "moderate Muslims" who wouldn't give their lives for the faith. They just follow society's norms and morality, without taking into account Quranic moral duties or obligations. The moderating effect on religion always comes from the outside, so it isn't Islam's fault for moderating its adherents' beliefs, it's the fault of modern society, science, reason, and Western music that praises sexual promiscuity.

True as well. I find diluted Muslim beliefs to be objectionable in light of what is at stake for the glorious religion of Islam.

Mash'Allah brother, may we seek the path to eternal life through martyrdom soon!
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 7:28:59 PM
At 9/11/2012 7:16:56 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/11/2012 7:15:04 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:

Shut up, troll. Hahaha. The real muslims are talking.

"Real Muslims?" Please, you wouldn't even martyr yourself for Islam. A "Real Muslim" is talking now, perhaps you should listen to my sagacity in these most important of matters.
MattDescopa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 7:33:22 PM
Im not a Muslim but believe in a theocracy, Abrahamic type theocracy at least.

Secularization is a form of theocracy through indirect means, so why is a theocracy so detested upon, majority opinion.