Total Posts:19|Showing Posts:1-19
Jump to topic:

Jesse Ventura Running For President in 2016!

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2012 1:45:54 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Jesse Ventura is going to run for President with NO party affiliation, he's running as Jesse Ventura. The conditions being that he be on the ballot in all 50 states and be allowed in the debates. He's got 4 years to create a movement and gain campaign strength.

Jesse Ventura is probably by far the best debater in politics and would be even more effective than Ron Paul because he can't be bullied and he's more aggressive.

Jesse Ventura 2016.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
DontTreadOnMe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2012 1:58:09 AM
I would love to see him in the debates.
He would get destroyed in the media for thinking 9/11 was a inside job.

But I'm focusing on Gary Johnson right now.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2012 10:36:31 AM
There was a time when I hung on his every word, but after he personally slighted me at BUD/S, he's on my sh*t list.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2012 10:48:52 AM
Behold! Its the number of f*cks I give!

(motions toward an empty corner of the room to symbolize how I dont care at all for him)
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2012 10:50:26 AM
"........"

^ is how much anyone really cares, cept you Geo.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2012 12:58:42 PM
At 9/14/2012 10:50:26 AM, OberHerr wrote:
"........"

I care, any libertarian will care, many anarchists will care, people who want to end the wars might care, people who want to end the war on drugs/assault on our civil liberties might care, etc...

Jesse Ventura won governorship (of Minnesota) on a 3rd party ticket, he's a former professional wrestler, he's had a moderately successful career as an actor, and is a best selling author. He's outspoken, a very strong debater, very honest and personable and likeable. He has quite an interesting/impressive resume and personality, and that makes him pretty well known and famous, and that makes the news of his future campaign noteworthy. Especially given the rise of the libertarian movement which is only getting bigger as the years go by. You have an obvious inclination to downplay anything related to the libertarian movement as boring irrelevant stuff that nobody except Geo cares about, but that's not true - it's probably the fastest growing and most dedicated political movement in America today, and the amount of people that would consider voting for Ventura ranks in the millions without a doubt, so kindly stop being a condescending jerk.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2012 1:21:57 PM
At 9/14/2012 12:58:42 PM, jat93 wrote:
"........"

I care, any libertarian will care, many anarchists will care, people who want to end the wars might care, people who want to end the war on drugs/assault on our civil liberties might care, etc...

Jesse Ventura won governorship (of Minnesota) on a 3rd party ticket, he's a former professional wrestler, he's had a moderately successful career as an actor, and is a best selling author. He's outspoken, a very strong debater, very honest and personable and likeable. He has quite an interesting/impressive resume and personality, and that makes him pretty well known and famous, and that makes the news of his future campaign noteworthy. Especially given the rise of the libertarian movement which is only getting bigger as the years go by. You have an obvious inclination to downplay anything related to the libertarian movement as boring irrelevant stuff that nobody except Geo cares about, but that's not true - it's probably the fastest growing and most dedicated political movement in America today, and the amount of people that would consider voting for Ventura ranks in the millions without a doubt, so kindly stop being a condescending jerk.

I will bet you $10,000 he doesn't even get 3% of the vote
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2012 1:31:28 PM
At 9/14/2012 1:21:57 PM, imabench wrote:
"........"

I wouldn't accept that bet because the party system these days makes it almost impossible for 3rd party candidates to get as much money, exposure/publicity, debate offers, endorsements, etc. Still, that wasn't my point. My point was that Jesse Ventura announcing that he will be running in 2016 constitutes legit news, and it's like not like it's something nobody except Geo cares about. Ventura would get interest from all sorts of people - libertarians, anarchists, anti-war people, anti-war on drugs/pro-civil liberties, those who want an honest politician/someone who speaks their mind, those drawn by his celebrity appeal... And the thing is, with Ventura it's harder to just say "oh he's crazy forget about it" because he is amazing and aggressive in debates, unlike Ron Paul who is pretty bad at speaking and defending himself and who kind of gives off this "old crazy grandpa" vibe. Ventura's arguments are not as easy to dismiss as simply kooky and insane.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2012 1:39:48 PM
Ace Ventura 2016.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2012 1:55:00 PM
"........"

I bet you "10,000 he wins no seats, and will be no higher in any location 1% of the votes.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2012 5:27:01 PM
What's his political/economic ideology?
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2012 5:41:15 PM
At 9/14/2012 1:55:00 PM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
"........"

I bet you "10,000 he wins no seats, and will be no higher in any location 1% of the votes.

I wouldnt even take that bet because I know that Jesse Ventura isnt going to accomplish sh*t in his campaign.

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2012 5:43:29 PM
Jat93 before:

"the amount of people that would consider voting for Ventura ranks in the millions without a doubt, so kindly stop being a condescending jerk."

Jat93 after:

"I wouldn't accept that bet because the party system these days makes it almost impossible for 3rd party candidates to get as much money, exposure/publicity, debate offers, endorsements, etc"

I have done my part, I must go now, my people need me

*flies away*

Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2012 5:52:24 PM
At 9/14/2012 5:27:01 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

I believe he is socially liberal, economically conservative.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2012 5:57:30 PM
At 9/14/2012 5:52:24 PM, Contra wrote:
At 9/14/2012 5:27:01 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

I believe he is socially liberal, economically conservative.

once you go deeper though you may not like what you find