Total Posts:23|Showing Posts:1-23
Jump to topic:

Blame

sadolite
Posts: 8,838
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2012 5:09:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
So when can people officially start blaming Obama for stuff? Right now as far as I can tell, everything is still all Bush's fault. Can I assume that if Obama is re elected the next 4 years will be of his doing and at the end of those 4 years the next President can blame Obama for everything for his or her first 4 years in office? Is this the correct depiction of how to be a President>>> The first 4 years you blame the previous President for everything, then the next 4 years, who gives a crap what you do because you wont be President again anyway. Then the cycle starts again?
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
imabench
Posts: 21,216
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2012 5:21:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/14/2012 5:09:37 PM, sadolite wrote:
So when can people officially start blaming Obama for stuff? Right now as far as I can tell, everything is still all Bush's fault. Can I assume that if Obama is re elected the next 4 years will be of his doing and at the end of those 4 years the next President can blame Obama for everything for his or her first 4 years in office?

Basically thats how it has always been.

Is this the correct depiction of how to be a President>>> The first 4 years you blame the previous President for everything, then the next 4 years, who gives a crap what you do because you wont be President again anyway. Then the cycle starts again?

Welcome to America.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2012 5:23:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
It convinces people, especially if the economy is in the tank. When it's doing great you poke at things like foreign policy, and social issues.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2012 5:24:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
to be fair, a lot of past policies don't have any good or negative effects until many years later. All the legislation that could have possibly led to the financial crisis of 2008 was caused by Bill Clinton, however Bush got all the blame.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
TheHitchslap
Posts: 1,231
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2012 5:25:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/14/2012 5:09:37 PM, sadolite wrote:
So when can people officially start blaming Obama for stuff? Right now as far as I can tell, everything is still all Bush's fault. Can I assume that if Obama is re elected the next 4 years will be of his doing and at the end of those 4 years the next President can blame Obama for everything for his or her first 4 years in office? Is this the correct depiction of how to be a President>>> The first 4 years you blame the previous President for everything, then the next 4 years, who gives a crap what you do because you wont be President again anyway. Then the cycle starts again?

The bullsh!t part of it all is fox news hassled about him 8 days into his presidency claiming his policies do not work. It was in an interview with Mitt Romney (who by the way would write a letter to Obama on how to formulate a healthcare system)
Bill O'Reilly would do the same after 6 weeks.
Hannity would do the same after 100 days.
In the words of Jon Stewart "COMON! He's had 8 days. His time is up on something that took our guy 8 YEARS to fix!"

LOL welcome to the world of a republican.
Thank you for voting!
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2012 7:13:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/14/2012 5:25:29 PM, TheHitchslap wrote:
At 9/14/2012 5:09:37 PM, sadolite wrote:
So when can people officially start blaming Obama for stuff? Right now as far as I can tell, everything is still all Bush's fault. Can I assume that if Obama is re elected the next 4 years will be of his doing and at the end of those 4 years the next President can blame Obama for everything for his or her first 4 years in office? Is this the correct depiction of how to be a President>>> The first 4 years you blame the previous President for everything, then the next 4 years, who gives a crap what you do because you wont be President again anyway. Then the cycle starts again?

The bullsh!t part of it all is fox news hassled about him 8 days into his presidency claiming his policies do not work. It was in an interview with Mitt Romney (who by the way would write a letter to Obama on how to formulate a healthcare system)
Bill O'Reilly would do the same after 6 weeks.
Hannity would do the same after 100 days.
In the words of Jon Stewart "COMON! He's had 8 days. His time is up on something that took our guy 8 YEARS to fix!"

LOL welcome to the world of a republican.

Woah... dude... Great arguments. I mean, FOX news is like totally biased and therefore all Republican ideals are totally crap- not to mention that just because FOX news is biased, Obama has been doing a great job..
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2012 7:21:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
It took conservatives around 8 years to start realizing that maybe Bush sucked a bit. There's a learning curb for liberals/conservatives when there's a liberal/conservatives president respectively so you'll do good to wait a few years until you expect liberals to realize Obama sucks too.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
imabench
Posts: 21,216
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2012 7:31:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/14/2012 7:21:55 PM, socialpinko wrote:
It took conservatives around 8 years to start realizing that maybe Bush sucked a bit. There's a learning curb for liberals/conservatives when there's a liberal/conservatives president respectively so you'll do good to wait a few years until you expect liberals to realize Obama sucks too.

If he gets re-elected.... If Romney wins then ill bet my left nut liberals everywhere in the future will defend Obama as having to deal with Bush's sh*t
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2012 7:33:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/14/2012 7:31:49 PM, imabench wrote:
At 9/14/2012 7:21:55 PM, socialpinko wrote:
It took conservatives around 8 years to start realizing that maybe Bush sucked a bit. There's a learning curb for liberals/conservatives when there's a liberal/conservatives president respectively so you'll do good to wait a few years until you expect liberals to realize Obama sucks too.

If he gets re-elected.... If Romney wins then ill bet my left nut liberals everywhere in the future will defend Obama as having to deal with Bush's sh*t

Aren't they already doing that?
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
sadolite
Posts: 8,838
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2012 8:12:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/14/2012 5:25:29 PM, TheHitchslap wrote:
At 9/14/2012 5:09:37 PM, sadolite wrote:
So when can people officially start blaming Obama for stuff? Right now as far as I can tell, everything is still all Bush's fault. Can I assume that if Obama is re elected the next 4 years will be of his doing and at the end of those 4 years the next President can blame Obama for everything for his or her first 4 years in office? Is this the correct depiction of how to be a President>>> The first 4 years you blame the previous President for everything, then the next 4 years, who gives a crap what you do because you wont be President again anyway. Then the cycle starts again?

The bullsh!t part of it all is fox news hassled about him 8 days into his presidency claiming his policies do not work. It was in an interview with Mitt Romney (who by the way would write a letter to Obama on how to formulate a healthcare system)
Bill O'Reilly would do the same after 6 weeks.
Hannity would do the same after 100 days.
In the words of Jon Stewart "COMON! He's had 8 days. His time is up on something that took our guy 8 YEARS to fix!"

LOL welcome to the world of a republican.

OK, now 4 years have passed. Can we now start blaming Obama for a crappy whatever. Or do we stay on the blame Bush thing untill after the election?
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
imabench
Posts: 21,216
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2012 8:24:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/14/2012 8:12:24 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 9/14/2012 5:25:29 PM, TheHitchslap wrote:
At 9/14/2012 5:09:37 PM, sadolite wrote:
So when can people officially start blaming Obama for stuff? Right now as far as I can tell, everything is still all Bush's fault. Can I assume that if Obama is re elected the next 4 years will be of his doing and at the end of those 4 years the next President can blame Obama for everything for his or her first 4 years in office? Is this the correct depiction of how to be a President>>> The first 4 years you blame the previous President for everything, then the next 4 years, who gives a crap what you do because you wont be President again anyway. Then the cycle starts again?

The bullsh!t part of it all is fox news hassled about him 8 days into his presidency claiming his policies do not work. It was in an interview with Mitt Romney (who by the way would write a letter to Obama on how to formulate a healthcare system)
Bill O'Reilly would do the same after 6 weeks.
Hannity would do the same after 100 days.
In the words of Jon Stewart "COMON! He's had 8 days. His time is up on something that took our guy 8 YEARS to fix!"

LOL welcome to the world of a republican.

OK, now 4 years have passed. Can we now start blaming Obama for a crappy whatever. Or do we stay on the blame Bush thing untill after the election?

My guess is people will still blame Bush initially after the election, but as Obama's second term (should he get it) goes on, more and more of the blame falls onto him. Unless the economy really picks up, then it will only make Bush that much worse and actually make Obama look good.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
TheHitchslap
Posts: 1,231
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2012 11:05:34 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/14/2012 8:12:24 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 9/14/2012 5:25:29 PM, TheHitchslap wrote:
At 9/14/2012 5:09:37 PM, sadolite wrote:
So when can people officially start blaming Obama for stuff? Right now as far as I can tell, everything is still all Bush's fault. Can I assume that if Obama is re elected the next 4 years will be of his doing and at the end of those 4 years the next President can blame Obama for everything for his or her first 4 years in office? Is this the correct depiction of how to be a President>>> The first 4 years you blame the previous President for everything, then the next 4 years, who gives a crap what you do because you wont be President again anyway. Then the cycle starts again?

The bullsh!t part of it all is fox news hassled about him 8 days into his presidency claiming his policies do not work. It was in an interview with Mitt Romney (who by the way would write a letter to Obama on how to formulate a healthcare system)
Bill O'Reilly would do the same after 6 weeks.
Hannity would do the same after 100 days.
In the words of Jon Stewart "COMON! He's had 8 days. His time is up on something that took our guy 8 YEARS to fix!"

LOL welcome to the world of a republican.

OK, now 4 years have passed. Can we now start blaming Obama for a crappy whatever. Or do we stay on the blame Bush thing untill after the election?

If he wins again, the next four years are all his to blame. But if you study economics, and notice all the Job creation acts (which combined have made 4.5 million jobs thus far) so long as he doesn't screw up the US will be fine.
Thank you for voting!
TheHitchslap
Posts: 1,231
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2012 11:06:49 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/14/2012 7:13:49 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 9/14/2012 5:25:29 PM, TheHitchslap wrote:
At 9/14/2012 5:09:37 PM, sadolite wrote:
So when can people officially start blaming Obama for stuff? Right now as far as I can tell, everything is still all Bush's fault. Can I assume that if Obama is re elected the next 4 years will be of his doing and at the end of those 4 years the next President can blame Obama for everything for his or her first 4 years in office? Is this the correct depiction of how to be a President>>> The first 4 years you blame the previous President for everything, then the next 4 years, who gives a crap what you do because you wont be President again anyway. Then the cycle starts again?

The bullsh!t part of it all is fox news hassled about him 8 days into his presidency claiming his policies do not work. It was in an interview with Mitt Romney (who by the way would write a letter to Obama on how to formulate a healthcare system)
Bill O'Reilly would do the same after 6 weeks.
Hannity would do the same after 100 days.
In the words of Jon Stewart "COMON! He's had 8 days. His time is up on something that took our guy 8 YEARS to fix!"

LOL welcome to the world of a republican.

Woah... dude... Great arguments. I mean, FOX news is like totally biased and therefore all Republican ideals are totally crap- not to mention that just because FOX news is biased, Obama has been doing a great job..

Just because I hate fox news doesn't mean I don't like everything Republicans stand for (remember our Iraq War debate that I beat you in??)
Thank you for voting!
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2012 11:07:22 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/15/2012 11:05:34 AM, TheHitchslap wrote:
At 9/14/2012 8:12:24 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 9/14/2012 5:25:29 PM, TheHitchslap wrote:
At 9/14/2012 5:09:37 PM, sadolite wrote:
So when can people officially start blaming Obama for stuff? Right now as far as I can tell, everything is still all Bush's fault. Can I assume that if Obama is re elected the next 4 years will be of his doing and at the end of those 4 years the next President can blame Obama for everything for his or her first 4 years in office? Is this the correct depiction of how to be a President>>> The first 4 years you blame the previous President for everything, then the next 4 years, who gives a crap what you do because you wont be President again anyway. Then the cycle starts again?

The bullsh!t part of it all is fox news hassled about him 8 days into his presidency claiming his policies do not work. It was in an interview with Mitt Romney (who by the way would write a letter to Obama on how to formulate a healthcare system)
Bill O'Reilly would do the same after 6 weeks.
Hannity would do the same after 100 days.
In the words of Jon Stewart "COMON! He's had 8 days. His time is up on something that took our guy 8 YEARS to fix!"

LOL welcome to the world of a republican.

OK, now 4 years have passed. Can we now start blaming Obama for a crappy whatever. Or do we stay on the blame Bush thing untill after the election?

If he wins again, the next four years are all his to blame. But if you study economics, and notice all the Job creation acts (which combined have made 4.5 million jobs thus far) so long as he doesn't screw up the US will be fine.

It's disingenuous to give the President credit for a recovery that is solely based on the business cycles of the free market. In fact, if anything, this recovery has been much slower than previous similarly sized ones.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
TheHitchslap
Posts: 1,231
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2012 11:15:53 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/15/2012 11:07:22 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 9/15/2012 11:05:34 AM, TheHitchslap wrote:
At 9/14/2012 8:12:24 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 9/14/2012 5:25:29 PM, TheHitchslap wrote:
At 9/14/2012 5:09:37 PM, sadolite wrote:
So when can people officially start blaming Obama for stuff? Right now as far as I can tell, everything is still all Bush's fault. Can I assume that if Obama is re elected the next 4 years will be of his doing and at the end of those 4 years the next President can blame Obama for everything for his or her first 4 years in office? Is this the correct depiction of how to be a President>>> The first 4 years you blame the previous President for everything, then the next 4 years, who gives a crap what you do because you wont be President again anyway. Then the cycle starts again?

The bullsh!t part of it all is fox news hassled about him 8 days into his presidency claiming his policies do not work. It was in an interview with Mitt Romney (who by the way would write a letter to Obama on how to formulate a healthcare system)
Bill O'Reilly would do the same after 6 weeks.
Hannity would do the same after 100 days.
In the words of Jon Stewart "COMON! He's had 8 days. His time is up on something that took our guy 8 YEARS to fix!"

LOL welcome to the world of a republican.

OK, now 4 years have passed. Can we now start blaming Obama for a crappy whatever. Or do we stay on the blame Bush thing untill after the election?

If he wins again, the next four years are all his to blame. But if you study economics, and notice all the Job creation acts (which combined have made 4.5 million jobs thus far) so long as he doesn't screw up the US will be fine.

It's disingenuous to give the President credit for a recovery that is solely based on the business cycles of the free market. In fact, if anything, this recovery has been much slower than previous similarly sized ones.

You strike me as a person who has no idea what acts Obama has passed.
American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009
and the Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010 have worked wonders. Your free market nonsense is nothing but corporate tyranny.

The effects early on? http://en.wikipedia.org...

and here is what you preach
http://en.wikipedia.org...

How in the fvck do you expect free market capitalism to come up? You would have made them plummet. They needed the stimulus for people to make a living. The package has actually SPED UP the recovery.

Care to spread more of your capitalistic propaganda?
Thank you for voting!
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2012 11:18:06 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/15/2012 11:15:53 AM, TheHitchslap wrote:
At 9/15/2012 11:07:22 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 9/15/2012 11:05:34 AM, TheHitchslap wrote:
At 9/14/2012 8:12:24 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 9/14/2012 5:25:29 PM, TheHitchslap wrote:
At 9/14/2012 5:09:37 PM, sadolite wrote:
So when can people officially start blaming Obama for stuff? Right now as far as I can tell, everything is still all Bush's fault. Can I assume that if Obama is re elected the next 4 years will be of his doing and at the end of those 4 years the next President can blame Obama for everything for his or her first 4 years in office? Is this the correct depiction of how to be a President>>> The first 4 years you blame the previous President for everything, then the next 4 years, who gives a crap what you do because you wont be President again anyway. Then the cycle starts again?

The bullsh!t part of it all is fox news hassled about him 8 days into his presidency claiming his policies do not work. It was in an interview with Mitt Romney (who by the way would write a letter to Obama on how to formulate a healthcare system)
Bill O'Reilly would do the same after 6 weeks.
Hannity would do the same after 100 days.
In the words of Jon Stewart "COMON! He's had 8 days. His time is up on something that took our guy 8 YEARS to fix!"

LOL welcome to the world of a republican.

OK, now 4 years have passed. Can we now start blaming Obama for a crappy whatever. Or do we stay on the blame Bush thing untill after the election?

If he wins again, the next four years are all his to blame. But if you study economics, and notice all the Job creation acts (which combined have made 4.5 million jobs thus far) so long as he doesn't screw up the US will be fine.

It's disingenuous to give the President credit for a recovery that is solely based on the business cycles of the free market. In fact, if anything, this recovery has been much slower than previous similarly sized ones.

You strike me as a person who has no idea what acts Obama has passed.
American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009
and the Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010 have worked wonders. Your free market nonsense is nothing but corporate tyranny.

The effects early on? http://en.wikipedia.org...

and here is what you preach
http://en.wikipedia.org...

How in the fvck do you expect free market capitalism to come up? You would have made them plummet. They needed the stimulus for people to make a living. The package has actually SPED UP the recovery.

Care to spread more of your capitalistic propaganda?

The awkward moment when a supposed Poli Sci major doesn't know a) how free markets work and b) that corporatism is different from laissez-faire.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
TheHitchslap
Posts: 1,231
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2012 11:23:17 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/15/2012 11:18:06 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 9/15/2012 11:15:53 AM, TheHitchslap wrote:
At 9/15/2012 11:07:22 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 9/15/2012 11:05:34 AM, TheHitchslap wrote:
At 9/14/2012 8:12:24 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 9/14/2012 5:25:29 PM, TheHitchslap wrote:
At 9/14/2012 5:09:37 PM, sadolite wrote:
So when can people officially start blaming Obama for stuff? Right now as far as I can tell, everything is still all Bush's fault. Can I assume that if Obama is re elected the next 4 years will be of his doing and at the end of those 4 years the next President can blame Obama for everything for his or her first 4 years in office? Is this the correct depiction of how to be a President>>> The first 4 years you blame the previous President for everything, then the next 4 years, who gives a crap what you do because you wont be President again anyway. Then the cycle starts again?

The bullsh!t part of it all is fox news hassled about him 8 days into his presidency claiming his policies do not work. It was in an interview with Mitt Romney (who by the way would write a letter to Obama on how to formulate a healthcare system)
Bill O'Reilly would do the same after 6 weeks.
Hannity would do the same after 100 days.
In the words of Jon Stewart "COMON! He's had 8 days. His time is up on something that took our guy 8 YEARS to fix!"

LOL welcome to the world of a republican.

OK, now 4 years have passed. Can we now start blaming Obama for a crappy whatever. Or do we stay on the blame Bush thing untill after the election?

If he wins again, the next four years are all his to blame. But if you study economics, and notice all the Job creation acts (which combined have made 4.5 million jobs thus far) so long as he doesn't screw up the US will be fine.

It's disingenuous to give the President credit for a recovery that is solely based on the business cycles of the free market. In fact, if anything, this recovery has been much slower than previous similarly sized ones.

You strike me as a person who has no idea what acts Obama has passed.
American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009
and the Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010 have worked wonders. Your free market nonsense is nothing but corporate tyranny.

The effects early on? http://en.wikipedia.org...

and here is what you preach
http://en.wikipedia.org...

How in the fvck do you expect free market capitalism to come up? You would have made them plummet. They needed the stimulus for people to make a living. The package has actually SPED UP the recovery.

Care to spread more of your capitalistic propaganda?

The awkward moment when a supposed Poli Sci major doesn't know a) how free markets work and b) that corporatism is different from laissez-faire.

The awkward moment when the poli sci major 1) actually DID study economics as a minor 2) actually knows how free markets work (Hint: THEY DON'T!) 3) that yes is true, however, laissez-faire is no different as it seeks to promote business hence 'let it be' it is still Corporate tyranny when it has the same result ... (organizations by vast majority fueled by profits and mindless ethics.)
Thank you for voting!
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2012 11:50:46 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/15/2012 11:23:17 AM, TheHitchslap wrote:
At 9/15/2012 11:18:06 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 9/15/2012 11:15:53 AM, TheHitchslap wrote:
At 9/15/2012 11:07:22 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 9/15/2012 11:05:34 AM, TheHitchslap wrote:
At 9/14/2012 8:12:24 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 9/14/2012 5:25:29 PM, TheHitchslap wrote:
At 9/14/2012 5:09:37 PM, sadolite wrote:
So when can people officially start blaming Obama for stuff? Right now as far as I can tell, everything is still all Bush's fault. Can I assume that if Obama is re elected the next 4 years will be of his doing and at the end of those 4 years the next President can blame Obama for everything for his or her first 4 years in office? Is this the correct depiction of how to be a President>>> The first 4 years you blame the previous President for everything, then the next 4 years, who gives a crap what you do because you wont be President again anyway. Then the cycle starts again?

The bullsh!t part of it all is fox news hassled about him 8 days into his presidency claiming his policies do not work. It was in an interview with Mitt Romney (who by the way would write a letter to Obama on how to formulate a healthcare system)
Bill O'Reilly would do the same after 6 weeks.
Hannity would do the same after 100 days.
In the words of Jon Stewart "COMON! He's had 8 days. His time is up on something that took our guy 8 YEARS to fix!"

LOL welcome to the world of a republican.

OK, now 4 years have passed. Can we now start blaming Obama for a crappy whatever. Or do we stay on the blame Bush thing untill after the election?

If he wins again, the next four years are all his to blame. But if you study economics, and notice all the Job creation acts (which combined have made 4.5 million jobs thus far) so long as he doesn't screw up the US will be fine.

It's disingenuous to give the President credit for a recovery that is solely based on the business cycles of the free market. In fact, if anything, this recovery has been much slower than previous similarly sized ones.

You strike me as a person who has no idea what acts Obama has passed.
American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009
and the Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010 have worked wonders. Your free market nonsense is nothing but corporate tyranny.

The effects early on? http://en.wikipedia.org...

and here is what you preach
http://en.wikipedia.org...

How in the fvck do you expect free market capitalism to come up? You would have made them plummet. They needed the stimulus for people to make a living. The package has actually SPED UP the recovery.

Care to spread more of your capitalistic propaganda?

The awkward moment when a supposed Poli Sci major doesn't know a) how free markets work and b) that corporatism is different from laissez-faire.

The awkward moment when the poli sci major 1) actually DID study economics as a minor 2) actually knows how free markets work (Hint: THEY DON'T!) 3) that yes is true, however, laissez-faire is no different as it seeks to promote business hence 'let it be' it is still Corporate tyranny when it has the same result ... (organizations by vast majority fueled by profits and mindless ethics.)

Enlighten me on how free markets promote tyranny and don't work, brah.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
TheHitchslap
Posts: 1,231
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2012 2:32:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/15/2012 11:50:46 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 9/15/2012 11:23:17 AM, TheHitchslap wrote:
At 9/15/2012 11:18:06 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 9/15/2012 11:15:53 AM, TheHitchslap wrote:
At 9/15/2012 11:07:22 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 9/15/2012 11:05:34 AM, TheHitchslap wrote:
At 9/14/2012 8:12:24 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 9/14/2012 5:25:29 PM, TheHitchslap wrote:
At 9/14/2012 5:09:37 PM, sadolite wrote:
So when can people officially start blaming Obama for stuff? Right now as far as I can tell, everything is still all Bush's fault. Can I assume that if Obama is re elected the next 4 years will be of his doing and at the end of those 4 years the next President can blame Obama for everything for his or her first 4 years in office? Is this the correct depiction of how to be a President>>> The first 4 years you blame the previous President for everything, then the next 4 years, who gives a crap what you do because you wont be President again anyway. Then the cycle starts again?

The bullsh!t part of it all is fox news hassled about him 8 days into his presidency claiming his policies do not work. It was in an interview with Mitt Romney (who by the way would write a letter to Obama on how to formulate a healthcare system)
Bill O'Reilly would do the same after 6 weeks.
Hannity would do the same after 100 days.
In the words of Jon Stewart "COMON! He's had 8 days. His time is up on something that took our guy 8 YEARS to fix!"

LOL welcome to the world of a republican.

OK, now 4 years have passed. Can we now start blaming Obama for a crappy whatever. Or do we stay on the blame Bush thing untill after the election?

If he wins again, the next four years are all his to blame. But if you study economics, and notice all the Job creation acts (which combined have made 4.5 million jobs thus far) so long as he doesn't screw up the US will be fine.

It's disingenuous to give the President credit for a recovery that is solely based on the business cycles of the free market. In fact, if anything, this recovery has been much slower than previous similarly sized ones.

You strike me as a person who has no idea what acts Obama has passed.
American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009
and the Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010 have worked wonders. Your free market nonsense is nothing but corporate tyranny.

The effects early on? http://en.wikipedia.org...

and here is what you preach
http://en.wikipedia.org...

How in the fvck do you expect free market capitalism to come up? You would have made them plummet. They needed the stimulus for people to make a living. The package has actually SPED UP the recovery.

Care to spread more of your capitalistic propaganda?

The awkward moment when a supposed Poli Sci major doesn't know a) how free markets work and b) that corporatism is different from laissez-faire.

The awkward moment when the poli sci major 1) actually DID study economics as a minor 2) actually knows how free markets work (Hint: THEY DON'T!) 3) that yes is true, however, laissez-faire is no different as it seeks to promote business hence 'let it be' it is still Corporate tyranny when it has the same result ... (organizations by vast majority fueled by profits and mindless ethics.)

Enlighten me on how free markets promote tyranny and don't work, brah.

Free markets were a causal factor to the 2008 recession. Corporations such as wall street relied on stimulus packages to survive .. a very socialistic policy not true capitalism.
All world economies are mixed economies by definition. We only say China is communist, or USA is capitalist not because they purely are, but because they lean MORE towards those policies. (capitalism would not have healthcare, employment insurance, etc...)
While most people claim that a perfectly competitive market would promote corporate social responsibility, this is not true. In fact with the following scandals we see organizations are actually given incentives to do the opposite:
Apple with child labor in China
Sears Auto Scandal
Ford Pinto scandals
Toyota Scandals
HP spying scandal
Compass Group UN bribery scandal
Bank of Credit and Commerce scandal
Kmart scandals
Duke energy
et cetera.

Finally the banking systems of the US is an excellent example (and a comparison to Canada)
http://www.google.ca...

as noted Citigroup, JPMorgan, Bank of America, and Wellsfargo have been taking in massive mergers while Canada actually prevented this from happening (government interference with free markets is not a free market) with CIBC whom wanted to merge into the US market. Reducing Canada's impact from the recession (and also prevents bank runs in Canada which has never happened to the best of my knowledge unlike the US which in early August 2007, the American firm, Countrywide Financial suffered a bank run as a consequence of the subprime mortgage crisis).

Now isn't this an infringement on liberty? NO. Why? Ever hear of the Plutonomy memo by citigroup? Look it up (and good luck finding it it's hard to get use google images because citigroup orders it down all the time). It talks about how corporations through free markets have dominated wealth in Canada, the US, and U.K. Though far worse in the US above all else, it really drives the point home about why we have to control corporations because otherwise we get a plutocracy. AKA A tyranny with a psudo-trickle down effect and the only thing saving you from them is voting which the memo was scared of. Even in schools banks offer more relief to those studying business instead of other stuff (corporate lawyers make far more than a criminal one) liberal arts make far less because they are useless to businesses. That's tyranny. The coercion of not being able to make a living will really impact someones life.

That's how free markets are tyrannical. Corporate lobbying, lack of responsibility, mergers, etc....
Thank you for voting!
TheHitchslap
Posts: 1,231
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2012 2:41:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/15/2012 11:50:46 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 9/15/2012 11:23:17 AM, TheHitchslap wrote:
At 9/15/2012 11:18:06 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 9/15/2012 11:15:53 AM, TheHitchslap wrote:
At 9/15/2012 11:07:22 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 9/15/2012 11:05:34 AM, TheHitchslap wrote:
At 9/14/2012 8:12:24 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 9/14/2012 5:25:29 PM, TheHitchslap wrote:
At 9/14/2012 5:09:37 PM, sadolite wrote:
So when can people officially start blaming Obama for stuff? Right now as far as I can tell, everything is still all Bush's fault. Can I assume that if Obama is re elected the next 4 years will be of his doing and at the end of those 4 years the next President can blame Obama for everything for his or her first 4 years in office? Is this the correct depiction of how to be a President>>> The first 4 years you blame the previous President for everything, then the next 4 years, who gives a crap what you do because you wont be President again anyway. Then the cycle starts again?

The bullsh!t part of it all is fox news hassled about him 8 days into his presidency claiming his policies do not work. It was in an interview with Mitt Romney (who by the way would write a letter to Obama on how to formulate a healthcare system)
Bill O'Reilly would do the same after 6 weeks.
Hannity would do the same after 100 days.
In the words of Jon Stewart "COMON! He's had 8 days. His time is up on something that took our guy 8 YEARS to fix!"

LOL welcome to the world of a republican.

OK, now 4 years have passed. Can we now start blaming Obama for a crappy whatever. Or do we stay on the blame Bush thing untill after the election?

If he wins again, the next four years are all his to blame. But if you study economics, and notice all the Job creation acts (which combined have made 4.5 million jobs thus far) so long as he doesn't screw up the US will be fine.

It's disingenuous to give the President credit for a recovery that is solely based on the business cycles of the free market. In fact, if anything, this recovery has been much slower than previous similarly sized ones.

You strike me as a person who has no idea what acts Obama has passed.
American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009
and the Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010 have worked wonders. Your free market nonsense is nothing but corporate tyranny.

The effects early on? http://en.wikipedia.org...

and here is what you preach
http://en.wikipedia.org...

How in the fvck do you expect free market capitalism to come up? You would have made them plummet. They needed the stimulus for people to make a living. The package has actually SPED UP the recovery.

Care to spread more of your capitalistic propaganda?

The awkward moment when a supposed Poli Sci major doesn't know a) how free markets work and b) that corporatism is different from laissez-faire.

The awkward moment when the poli sci major 1) actually DID study economics as a minor 2) actually knows how free markets work (Hint: THEY DON'T!) 3) that yes is true, however, laissez-faire is no different as it seeks to promote business hence 'let it be' it is still Corporate tyranny when it has the same result ... (organizations by vast majority fueled by profits and mindless ethics.)

Enlighten me on how free markets promote tyranny and don't work, brah.

You can see the plutonomy memo's here:
http://our99angrypercent.wordpress.com...
Thank you for voting!
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2012 5:46:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/14/2012 5:09:37 PM, sadolite wrote:
So when can people officially start blaming Obama for stuff? Right now as far as I can tell, everything is still all Bush's fault. Can I assume that if Obama is re elected the next 4 years will be of his doing and at the end of those 4 years the next President can blame Obama for everything for his or her first 4 years in office? Is this the correct depiction of how to be a President>>> The first 4 years you blame the previous President for everything, then the next 4 years, who gives a crap what you do because you wont be President again anyway. Then the cycle starts again?

You can blame Obama for anything you want... just have a valid argument to support it. Nothing irritates me more then listening to conservatives blaming Obama for the economy with no support other then the fact that the economy is bad and he is the president. Well, if that is the case then I can factually say that democratic presidents are better at creating private sector jobs then republican presidents:
http://www.politifact.com...
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2012 6:45:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/15/2012 2:41:41 PM, TheHitchslap wrote:
At 9/15/2012 11:50:46 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 9/15/2012 11:23:17 AM, TheHitchslap wrote:
At 9/15/2012 11:18:06 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 9/15/2012 11:15:53 AM, TheHitchslap wrote:
At 9/15/2012 11:07:22 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 9/15/2012 11:05:34 AM, TheHitchslap wrote:
At 9/14/2012 8:12:24 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 9/14/2012 5:25:29 PM, TheHitchslap wrote:
At 9/14/2012 5:09:37 PM, sadolite wrote:
So when can people officially start blaming Obama for stuff? Right now as far as I can tell, everything is still all Bush's fault. Can I assume that if Obama is re elected the next 4 years will be of his doing and at the end of those 4 years the next President can blame Obama for everything for his or her first 4 years in office? Is this the correct depiction of how to be a President>>> The first 4 years you blame the previous President for everything, then the next 4 years, who gives a crap what you do because you wont be President again anyway. Then the cycle starts again?

The bullsh!t part of it all is fox news hassled about him 8 days into his presidency claiming his policies do not work. It was in an interview with Mitt Romney (who by the way would write a letter to Obama on how to formulate a healthcare system)
Bill O'Reilly would do the same after 6 weeks.
Hannity would do the same after 100 days.
In the words of Jon Stewart "COMON! He's had 8 days. His time is up on something that took our guy 8 YEARS to fix!"

LOL welcome to the world of a republican.

OK, now 4 years have passed. Can we now start blaming Obama for a crappy whatever. Or do we stay on the blame Bush thing untill after the election?

If he wins again, the next four years are all his to blame. But if you study economics, and notice all the Job creation acts (which combined have made 4.5 million jobs thus far) so long as he doesn't screw up the US will be fine.

It's disingenuous to give the President credit for a recovery that is solely based on the business cycles of the free market. In fact, if anything, this recovery has been much slower than previous similarly sized ones.

You strike me as a person who has no idea what acts Obama has passed.
American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009
and the Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010 have worked wonders. Your free market nonsense is nothing but corporate tyranny.

The effects early on? http://en.wikipedia.org...

and here is what you preach
http://en.wikipedia.org...

How in the fvck do you expect free market capitalism to come up? You would have made them plummet. They needed the stimulus for people to make a living. The package has actually SPED UP the recovery.

Care to spread more of your capitalistic propaganda?

The awkward moment when a supposed Poli Sci major doesn't know a) how free markets work and b) that corporatism is different from laissez-faire.

The awkward moment when the poli sci major 1) actually DID study economics as a minor 2) actually knows how free markets work (Hint: THEY DON'T!) 3) that yes is true, however, laissez-faire is no different as it seeks to promote business hence 'let it be' it is still Corporate tyranny when it has the same result ... (organizations by vast majority fueled by profits and mindless ethics.)

Enlighten me on how free markets promote tyranny and don't work, brah.

You can see the plutonomy memo's here:
http://our99angrypercent.wordpress.com...

This is not free market capitalism. This is crony corporatism perpetuated by government action in favour of large business.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
TheHitchslap
Posts: 1,231
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2012 9:32:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/15/2012 6:45:59 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 9/15/2012 2:41:41 PM, TheHitchslap wrote:
At 9/15/2012 11:50:46 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 9/15/2012 11:23:17 AM, TheHitchslap wrote:
At 9/15/2012 11:18:06 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 9/15/2012 11:15:53 AM, TheHitchslap wrote:
At 9/15/2012 11:07:22 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 9/15/2012 11:05:34 AM, TheHitchslap wrote:
At 9/14/2012 8:12:24 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 9/14/2012 5:25:29 PM, TheHitchslap wrote:
At 9/14/2012 5:09:37 PM, sadolite wrote:
So when can people officially start blaming Obama for stuff? Right now as far as I can tell, everything is still all Bush's fault. Can I assume that if Obama is re elected the next 4 years will be of his doing and at the end of those 4 years the next President can blame Obama for everything for his or her first 4 years in office? Is this the correct depiction of how to be a President>>> The first 4 years you blame the previous President for everything, then the next 4 years, who gives a crap what you do because you wont be President again anyway. Then the cycle starts again?

The bullsh!t part of it all is fox news hassled about him 8 days into his presidency claiming his policies do not work. It was in an interview with Mitt Romney (who by the way would write a letter to Obama on how to formulate a healthcare system)
Bill O'Reilly would do the same after 6 weeks.
Hannity would do the same after 100 days.
In the words of Jon Stewart "COMON! He's had 8 days. His time is up on something that took our guy 8 YEARS to fix!"

LOL welcome to the world of a republican.

OK, now 4 years have passed. Can we now start blaming Obama for a crappy whatever. Or do we stay on the blame Bush thing untill after the election?

If he wins again, the next four years are all his to blame. But if you study economics, and notice all the Job creation acts (which combined have made 4.5 million jobs thus far) so long as he doesn't screw up the US will be fine.

It's disingenuous to give the President credit for a recovery that is solely based on the business cycles of the free market. In fact, if anything, this recovery has been much slower than previous similarly sized ones.

You strike me as a person who has no idea what acts Obama has passed.
American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009
and the Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010 have worked wonders. Your free market nonsense is nothing but corporate tyranny.

The effects early on? http://en.wikipedia.org...

and here is what you preach
http://en.wikipedia.org...

How in the fvck do you expect free market capitalism to come up? You would have made them plummet. They needed the stimulus for people to make a living. The package has actually SPED UP the recovery.

Care to spread more of your capitalistic propaganda?

The awkward moment when a supposed Poli Sci major doesn't know a) how free markets work and b) that corporatism is different from laissez-faire.

The awkward moment when the poli sci major 1) actually DID study economics as a minor 2) actually knows how free markets work (Hint: THEY DON'T!) 3) that yes is true, however, laissez-faire is no different as it seeks to promote business hence 'let it be' it is still Corporate tyranny when it has the same result ... (organizations by vast majority fueled by profits and mindless ethics.)

Enlighten me on how free markets promote tyranny and don't work, brah.

You can see the plutonomy memo's here:
http://our99angrypercent.wordpress.com...

This is not free market capitalism. This is crony corporatism perpetuated by government action in favour of large business.

That's the thing your not understanding. Free market capitalism CAUSES corporatism.
Thank you for voting!