Total Posts:26|Showing Posts:1-26
Jump to topic:

John Stewart to Debate Bill O'Reilly!!!!

imabench
Posts: 21,216
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2012 6:48:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
http://www.therumble2012.com...

SH*T IS GOING DOWN!!!!!! :D
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2012 6:49:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Can I have some Jon Stewart videos? Cause, from the video...it looks like one loud-mouthed jerk vs. someone I have no idea what the hell he even stands for.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Chicken
Posts: 1,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2012 6:50:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Oh Sh!t! Bill O'Reilly has been on Stewart's show twice already! SH!T JUST GOT REAL NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWw
Disciple of Koopin
Right Hand Chicken of the Grand Poobah DDO Vice President FREEDO

Servant of Kfc
Chicken
Posts: 1,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2012 6:51:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/18/2012 6:49:32 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Can I have some Jon Stewart videos? Cause, from the video...it looks like one loud-mouthed jerk vs. someone I have no idea what the hell he even stands for.

Jon Stewart is a liberal, but he's not extreme, he's a comedian (Although not as funny as Stephen Colbert) He is a jew (Not as funny as any other jewish comedian) But he is a good person and knows how to stay impartial.
Disciple of Koopin
Right Hand Chicken of the Grand Poobah DDO Vice President FREEDO

Servant of Kfc
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2012 6:58:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Stewart is going to be on Oreilly tonight, it's always good.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Frederick53
Posts: 1,037
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2012 7:07:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
This will be awesome!
In 1975, the Second Vietnam War began -1Historygenius

Like no wonder that indian dude rejected you.- Darkkermit to royalpaladin

Social Darwinism is a justification- 1Historygenius

Equal opportunity exists, so there is no problem- EvanK
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2012 7:18:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
He whooped Billy already.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2012 7:24:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Theyve already been on eachothers show 3 times already.

How about Noam Chomsky vs. Bill O'Reilly.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
airmax1227
Posts: 13,241
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2012 7:25:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/18/2012 6:51:36 PM, Chicken wrote:
At 9/18/2012 6:49:32 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Can I have some Jon Stewart videos? Cause, from the video...it looks like one loud-mouthed jerk vs. someone I have no idea what the hell he even stands for.

Jon Stewart is a liberal, but he's not extreme, he's a comedian (Although not as funny as Stephen Colbert) He is a jew (Not as funny as any other jewish comedian) But he is a good person and knows how to stay impartial.

Are you seriously saying Jon Stewart is the least funny Jewish comedian? I think Jamie Kennedy takes that prize easily. Also Stewart isn't impartial, he's on the left socially and economically and would be the first to admit it. It's also easier to poke fun at society from the left...

I don't care for the political views of either Stewart or O'Reilly, but I do find both of them to be very entertaining... This should be some quality entertainment.
Debate.org Moderator
airmax1227
Posts: 13,241
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2012 7:27:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/18/2012 7:24:24 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Theyve already been on eachothers show 3 times already.

How about Noam Chomsky vs. Bill O'Reilly.

Those were just quick interviews. I assume something more involved is planned here... Though I would like to see Chomsky interviewed by or debate O'Reilly.. that'd be interesting..
Debate.org Moderator
imabench
Posts: 21,216
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2012 7:30:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/18/2012 7:24:24 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Theyve already been on eachothers show 3 times already.

How about Noam Chomsky vs. Bill O'Reilly in a fight to the death


fixed it
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
MattDescopa
Posts: 356
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2012 7:47:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/18/2012 7:46:15 PM, darkkermit wrote:
none of them are really intellects so i don't see what's so great about it.

John Stewart is pretty smart. You can't really see it that clearly though because he is joking all the time.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2012 7:48:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/18/2012 7:46:15 PM, darkkermit wrote:
none of them are really intellects so i don't see what's so great about it.

entertainment > education for most people
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2012 7:48:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/18/2012 7:47:22 PM, MattDescopa wrote:
At 9/18/2012 7:46:15 PM, darkkermit wrote:
none of them are really intellects so i don't see what's so great about it.

John Stewart is pretty smart. You can't really see it that clearly though because he is joking all the time.

WheneverI turn on the daily show I see abouit 1/4 jokes, 3/4 standard lib'rul talking points.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Frederick53
Posts: 1,037
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2012 7:49:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/18/2012 7:30:40 PM, imabench wrote:
At 9/18/2012 7:24:24 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Theyve already been on eachothers show 3 times already.

How about Noam Chomsky vs. Bill O'Reilly in a fight to the death


fixed it

But I don't want Noam Chomsky to die.
In 1975, the Second Vietnam War began -1Historygenius

Like no wonder that indian dude rejected you.- Darkkermit to royalpaladin

Social Darwinism is a justification- 1Historygenius

Equal opportunity exists, so there is no problem- EvanK
jat93
Posts: 1,440
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2012 8:10:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/18/2012 7:48:48 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 9/18/2012 7:47:22 PM, MattDescopa wrote:
At 9/18/2012 7:46:15 PM, darkkermit wrote:
none of them are really intellects so i don't see what's so great about it.

John Stewart is pretty smart. You can't really see it that clearly though because he is joking all the time.

WheneverI turn on the daily show I see abouit 1/4 jokes, 3/4 standard lib'rul talking points.

He definitely has a liberal bias, seeing as he is a liberal with socialist leanings (or at least a socialist past - he grew up admiring Eugene Debs). However, he is extremely witty and his satire is perfect. He is an equal opportunity basher. He exposes politicians' hypocrisy and lies, and spares no one and no topic. He exposes the ridiculousness, sensationalism and incompetence of both political parties. During the Iraq war where the MSM was cheerleading Bush policies, Jon Stewart questioned the truth of the motives and noted that Bush ran on a "humble" anti-nation building foreign policy. He is also respectful during debates and tries to be as intellectually honest as possible.

But maybe my favorite thing he's ever done is his exposure of the coordinated MSM blackout of Ron Paul, specifically after he won the Iowa Straw Poll and the whole media was focusing on Bachmann and Pawlenty as much as possible. Nowhere else on American TV will you find these kind of messages.

That he does this admirable job through wit and satire makes it a very satisfying mixture of news, political discussion, and comedy in my opinion.
yoda878
Posts: 902
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2012 9:42:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I am so excited, I cant wait... I've been looking for ward to the debate between Obama and Romney but now its gonna be even better!!!!

I watch both these guys and love their shows!!!!!!
Me
RoyLatham
Posts: 4,488
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 12:52:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
It should be a fun debate. Neither are great debaters, but they are both intelligent and quick-witted. They are both professional communicators.

A debate with Chomsky would be no fun. Chomsky speaks only in code, so you have to be a devout follower to understand what he is arguing. The late Bill Buckley would have been a good matchup with Chomsky.
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 2:29:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/19/2012 12:52:45 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
It should be a fun debate. Neither are great debaters, but they are both intelligent and quick-witted. They are both professional communicators.

A debate with Chomsky would be no fun. Chomsky speaks only in code, so you have to be a devout follower to understand what he is arguing. The late Bill Buckley would have been a good matchup with Chomsky.

Can't explain that!
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
jat93
Posts: 1,440
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 5:34:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/19/2012 12:52:45 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
It should be a fun debate. Neither are great debaters, but they are both intelligent and quick-witted. They are both professional communicators.

A debate with Chomsky would be no fun. Chomsky speaks only in code, so you have to be a devout follower to understand what he is arguing. The late Bill Buckley would have been a good matchup with Chomsky.


First of all, that's not true at all about Chomsky. He speaks and generally sticks to facts, and explains things pretty simply. I'm not a genius or anything, and I'm just 19, but I have never had a problem understanding Chomsky and I've read many of his books and watched many of his lectures. At least his stuff on politics, economics, governments, foreign policy... Not familiar with most of his linguistic stuff yet. But I've found that on the contrary he is incredibly clear and easy to understand.

Second, Chomsky and Buckley faced off against each other in 1969 on Buckley's show I believe. Check out the attached video. It's a pretty epic discussion, to say the least - two intellectual giants, both extremely persuasive and authoritative in their deliveries.
Chicken
Posts: 1,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2012 8:46:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/18/2012 7:25:24 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 9/18/2012 6:51:36 PM, Chicken wrote:
At 9/18/2012 6:49:32 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Can I have some Jon Stewart videos? Cause, from the video...it looks like one loud-mouthed jerk vs. someone I have no idea what the hell he even stands for.

Jon Stewart is a liberal, but he's not extreme, he's a comedian (Although not as funny as Stephen Colbert) He is a jew (Not as funny as any other jewish comedian) But he is a good person and knows how to stay impartial.

Are you seriously saying Jon Stewart is the least funny Jewish comedian? I think Jamie Kennedy takes that prize easily. Also Stewart isn't impartial, he's on the left socially and economically and would be the first to admit it. It's also easier to poke fun at society from the left...

I don't care for the political views of either Stewart or O'Reilly, but I do find both of them to be very entertaining... This should be some quality entertainment.

I apologize for the way i created that post, I actually meant that he is one of the funniest Jewish Comedians, as for the impartiality basis... I'm taking this from his countless interviews with Republicans and Democrats, including O'Reilly (I believe twice?)
Disciple of Koopin
Right Hand Chicken of the Grand Poobah DDO Vice President FREEDO

Servant of Kfc
Aaronroy
Posts: 749
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2012 9:50:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/18/2012 7:46:15 PM, darkkermit wrote:
none of them are really intellects so i don't see what's so great about it.

Are you kidding?

Stewart is extremely bright. I would go to as far as to say he is an intellectual; it just doesn't really show that much during his show because he is in comedy mode. He graduated near top of his class from William & Mary, as well.
turn down for h'what
imabench
Posts: 21,216
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2012 10:53:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Apparently during the debate, O'Reilly said that he wants Clint Eastwood to be president.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015