Total Posts:54|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Why should I vote for any of the candidates?

1dustpelt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 9:52:11 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I am currently undecided. In this thread, people from both sides will argue for their candidate and try to convince me.
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 9:59:57 AM
Romney: Drone killing innocents, military aggression against Iran, no substantial changes to the Federal Reserve, War on Drugs, no substantial reductions of the deficit, continued gov. expenditures growth, etc.

Obama: Drone killing innocents, military aggression against Iran, no substantial changes to the Federal Reserve, War on Drugs, no substantial reductions of the deficit, continued gov. expenditures growth, etc.

Tough choice...

Oh but wait Obama is a nice guy and look he's such an eloquent speaker hurr durr. On the other hand Romney was a businezz man and he totes knows how to do business and stuffs. Ahh gettin' wrapped up in dat electoral politics!!
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 10:06:43 AM
At 9/19/2012 9:52:11 AM, 1dustpelt wrote:
I am currently undecided. In this thread, people from both sides will argue for their candidate and try to convince me.

Vote Libertarian for liberty.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 10:07:15 AM
Your age says you're 99, so I can only assume you're 14. It's nice to try to learn about politics but you should really be focusing on high school right now.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 10:09:40 AM
At 9/19/2012 10:06:43 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:

Vote Libertarian for liberty.

Wait, can you even vote?
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
yoda878
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 10:13:10 AM
Going off your Big Issues on your profile I would say you should vote republican.

I don't see how you could be undecided after reading those.
Me
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 10:14:33 AM
At 9/19/2012 10:07:15 AM, Maikuru wrote:
Your age says you're 99, so I can only assume you're 14. It's nice to try to learn about politics but you should really be focusing on high school right now.

I dropped out of school. Best choice I ever made.
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
yoda878
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 10:15:52 AM
At 9/19/2012 10:14:33 AM, MouthWash wrote:

Um yesterday you were saying that you had a high IQ, and you deserved respect???
This does not sound smart to me......
Me
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 10:17:55 AM
At 9/19/2012 10:14:33 AM, MouthWash wrote:

lol, would you stop with this?
kfc
Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 10:28:35 AM

Gov. Gary Johnson - Superb track record, excellent human rights record (http://www.aclulibertywatch.org... ), and has a sensible plan to lower the deficit, balance the budget, etc. http://www.garyjohnson2012.com...
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 10:45:51 AM
Well for starters, if you want your vote to actually count you should stay away from third parties since in this election most of them wont even get 2% of the vote, including Gary Johnson.

Second, The two candidates are very different regarding social issues such as abortion, gay marriage, birth control, etc so if you are socially liberal or socially conservative, you are dealing with two candidates who are exact opposites.

Thirdly, you may want to consider which state you live in. If your state almost always votes Democrat or Republican, then your vote may not even have the potential to change anything. If you live in a swing state like I do (Florida) then your vote goes a long way in deciding the election, whereas if you live in some place like Arizona or Nebraska (long time Republican strongholds) then your vote has pretty much already been decided.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 10:49:39 AM
Actually dustpelt, since you live in Texas (A long time Republican stronghold) your vote probably wont mean much no matter who you vote for, so at this point you might as well vote for Romney to be with the popular kids :P
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 10:53:22 AM
Since your vote doesn't really matter anyway, you might as well vote for Gary Johnson.
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 12:35:59 PM
At 9/19/2012 10:45:51 AM, imabench wrote:
Well for starters, if you want your vote to actually count you should stay away from third parties since in this election most of them wont even get 2% of the vote, including Gary Johnson.

The problem is that when people stop saying this, then these minorities gets votes, but when you keep saying this, minorities never get the votes, and the problem continues. If you want to vote, don't vote arbitrarily for which candidate is worse, but use your vote to vote for a third candidate. A much better and much more important vote.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 3:04:36 PM
At 9/19/2012 12:35:59 PM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:

The problem is that when people stop saying this, then these minorities gets votes, but when you keep saying this, minorities never get the votes, and the problem continues. If you want to vote, don't vote arbitrarily for which candidate is worse, but use your vote to vote for a third candidate. A much better and much more important vote.

That in the end isnt going to make a damn difference

If youre going to back a third candidate, then back someone who actually has a chance of winning. Ross Perot was the last third party candidate who actually made a difference (Got almost 20% of the vote in 1992 compared to the .4% that Libertarians had in 2008) and he had a much more legit shot at winning since he centered around issues that most moderates could relate to instead of distant factions of political beliefs. Third party candidates these days are very fringe and there is no way in hell they could win because the only people they do appeal to outside their own party are people who simply are p*ssed off at the other two major parties.

If the driving force behind why people support a third party is based more on spite then appeal to undecided voters, then it says a lot about how disorganized they are and how their chances of making a difference are close to zero.

So Dustpelt, you live in Texas which is going to vote Republican no matter what you do, so you can throw your vote into whichever trashcan you want, but dont throw it into the libertarian trash can because they claim "it will truly make a statement" because the reality is, it doesnt, not in any state.

DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 3:22:43 PM

You should vote for someone, because otherwise the person who least shares your views might get elected. No candidate will share 100% of your political views.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 3:27:01 PM
At 9/19/2012 3:22:43 PM, DanT wrote:

You should vote for someone, because otherwise the person who least shares your views might get elected. No candidate will share 100% of your political views.

^ Completely true

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 3:50:13 PM
Obamney: Global fascist dictator, print trillions, love inflation, spy drones in America, multiple wars, continue Drug War, drone strikes, killing innocent civilians, destroy Internet freedoms, assassinate Americans, detain indefinitely with no trial, Patriot Act, eugenics, and shedding the Constitution.

Gary Johnson: Liberty, practical solutions, respecting the Constitution, end all wars, abolish IRS, end Drug War, sound economics, ending inflation, and diplomatic relations.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 3:54:26 PM
At 9/19/2012 3:50:13 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Obamney: Global fascist dictator, print trillions, love inflation, spy drones in America, multiple wars, continue Drug War, drone strikes, killing innocent civilians, destroy Internet freedoms, assassinate Americans, detain indefinitely with no trial, Patriot Act, eugenics, and shedding the Constitution.

Gary Johnson: Liberty, practical solutions, respecting the Constitution, end all wars, abolish IRS, end Drug War, sound economics, ending inflation, and diplomatic relations. Also un-electable.

You missed one.
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
Frederick53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 3:56:01 PM

You do realize that it is possible to get good grades in high school and also be politically aware right? In fact, knowing about economics, politics, and all the other stuff that people discuss here is extremely important, and it's something that most kids my age are encouraged to be ignorant of so that they can be easily manipulated. I'm not saying that that's what you're doing, but I'd never discourage a young person from caring about politics.
In 1975, the Second Vietnam War began -1Historygenius

Like no wonder that indian dude rejected you.- Darkkermit to royalpaladin

Social Darwinism is a justification- 1Historygenius

Equal opportunity exists, so there is no problem- EvanK
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 4:07:40 PM
At 9/19/2012 3:54:26 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
You missed one.

He is asking who he should vote for, not who is getting elected.

If Obamney is already going to be guaranteed to win, then voting for Obamney is a wasted vote. Thats like putting turbo boosters on the racecar thats already in the lead. If you really want to make a difference, give the car in 2nd place a boost and make a REAL change and an actual effort to do something good and worthwhile.

Nobody on the entire planet can give me ONE good reason why I should waste my time and vote for Obamney.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 4:08:39 PM
At 9/19/2012 4:07:40 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 9/19/2012 3:54:26 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
You missed one.

He is asking who he should vote for, not who is getting elected.

If Obamney is already going to be guaranteed to win, then voting for Obamney is a wasted vote. Thats like putting turbo boosters on the racecar thats already in the lead. If you really want to make a difference, give the car in 2nd place a boost and make a REAL change and an actual effort to do something good and worthwhile.

Nobody on the entire planet can give me ONE good reason why I should waste my time and vote for Obamney.

False premise that there is no difference between Obama and Romney.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 4:20:52 PM
At 9/19/2012 4:08:39 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
False premise that there is no difference between Obama and Romney.

Stance on Patriot Act: Same
Stance on Drug War: Same
Stance on Drones: Same
Stance on Civil Liberties: Same
Stance on War and Interventionism: Same
Stance on Nationalized Healthcare: Same
Stance on NDAA: Same
Stance on Patriot Act: Same
Stance on Foreign Aid: Same
Stance on Internet Freedoms: Same
Stance on Federal Reserve: Same
Stance on IRS: Same
Stance on Civil Liberties: Same
Stance on Spying on Americans: Same
Rhetoric: Different

And don't come at me with gay marriage and abortion either. Those two issues are like a fly in the ear of someone about to crash the titanic into an iceburg.

-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 4:24:36 PM
1 - I don't think their stances are the same on all of those.

2 - Having some of the same stances doesn't mean they are the same on all stances. The economy is vital right now, and they are very different there.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 5:52:57 PM
At 9/19/2012 4:24:36 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:

Prepare to be disappointed.

2 - Having some of the same stances doesn't mean they are the same on all stances. The economy is vital right now, and they are very different there.

Stance on the Federal Reserve: Same
Stance on Abolishing Income Tax: Same
Stance on the IRS: Same
Stance on TARP: Same
Stance on Devaluing the Dollar: Same
Stance on Gold/Silver Standard: Same

-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
MattDescopa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 6:01:13 PM
There is no real democracy in the U.S and there is no choice.

Choosing between republican and democrat is like choosing between Pepsi and Coke. Yup there is a real choice there.....
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 6:07:39 PM

psh millions of people vote, you're vote isn't going to count no matter what.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 7:38:37 PM
At 9/19/2012 5:52:57 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 9/19/2012 4:24:36 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:

So, if I can pick one, and show that they don't agree, you will concede?

Stance on taxes: Different. Did you know that EVERY candidate is against abolishing all government!>!>???!?? THEY ARE ALL THE SAME ZOMGGG!

Not so sure on that.

Not really. Romney wants to simplify the tax code, which would reduce the IRS.

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2012 10:02:52 AM
At 9/19/2012 7:38:37 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 9/19/2012 5:52:57 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

So, if I can pick one, and show that they don't agree, you will concede?

No, because I'm not speaking in absolutist terms. They are essentially the same, they simply have irrelevant nuances that don't make a real difference and don't change anything.

Stance on taxes: Different. Did you know that EVERY candidate is against abolishing all government!>!>???!?? THEY ARE ALL THE SAME ZOMGGG!

Neither one wants to abolish income tax.

Not so sure on that.

They both support giving money overseas.

Not really. Romney wants to simplify the tax code, which would reduce the IRS.

Lol @ simplify the tax code. That is so vague it's meaningless. Neither one will abolish the IRS.

Again, the same on these issues.

-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat