Jump to topic:

United States of Obama?

DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2012 2:10:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Obama's campaign has desecrated the American Flag as a campaign ploy. Obama has replaced the stars (which depicts a new constellation, symbolizing the union, with each individual star being a republican state) with the Obama logo. The symbolism of the Obama flag, is that Obama unifies the united states.
http://www.ijreview.com...

Obama is a fascist. At the Democratic National Convention Clinton repetitively mentioned that Obama stood for collectivism, that Democrats stood for strength through unity, rather than individualism. Now the Obama administration is trying to propagandate the idea that Obama is the one that unites the states.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2012 2:23:28 PM
At 9/20/2012 2:10:23 PM, DanT wrote:
Obama's campaign has desecrated the American Flag as a campaign ploy. Obama has replaced the stars (which depicts a new constellation, symbolizing the union, with each individual star being a republican state) with the Obama logo. The symbolism of the Obama flag, is that Obama unifies the united states.

"Whether or not this is the fault of a staffer or is a concerted effort by the Obama campaign to make hay of the supposedly "divisive" comments of Mitt Romney pointing out to his donors in private the reality of his political situation is of little consequence."

Odds are its the first one

Obama is a fascist. At the Democratic National Convention Clinton repetitively mentioned that Obama stood for collectivism, that Democrats stood for strength through unity, rather than individualism.

So one persons opinion of what he thinks the party stands for counts as completely accurate evidence that any other member of the same party who didnt say those remarks are still completely fascist? Thats like me saying that since Romney once said that he likes firing people I use that statement to conclude that all Republicans are a**holes. (Which is complete crap)

Now the Obama administration is trying to propagandate the idea that Obama is the one that unites the states.

Its a drawing dude chill the f*ck out. Romney hung a Cayman Islands flag from his yacht once but that doesnt mean we can conclude he is going to sell out the United States to foreign governments.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2012 2:31:19 PM

Obama is a fascist. At the Democratic National Convention Clinton repetitively mentioned that Obama stood for collectivism, that Democrats stood for strength through unity, rather than individualism. Now the Obama administration is trying to propagandate the idea that Obama is the one that unites the states.

You'd appreciate this - http://reason.com...
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2012 3:06:43 PM
This is the political section. This is not a political issue. There is nothing to debate about this. It's just mudslinging.

Miscellaneous section is that way ----->
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2012 3:27:18 PM
At 9/20/2012 3:06:43 PM, FREEDO wrote:
This is the political section. This is not a political issue. There is nothing to debate about this. It's just mudslinging.

How is the Presidential campaign not a political issue?
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2012 4:29:54 PM
At 9/20/2012 3:27:18 PM, DanT wrote:

Why is universal healthcare not a political issue? Oh wait. That's completely irrelevant to the OP. Nevermind.

Everything outside the actual policies that would be implemented by a president has no place in intellectual conversations about the candidates. C'mon. Grow up.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2012 5:01:55 PM
At 9/20/2012 4:29:54 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 9/20/2012 3:27:18 PM, DanT wrote:

Why is universal healthcare not a political issue? Oh wait. That's completely irrelevant to the OP. Nevermind.

Everything outside the actual policies that would be implemented by a president has no place in intellectual conversations about the candidates. C'mon. Grow up.

Sig-worthy.
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2012 5:19:28 PM
Obama is a fascist.

Why you gotta pick on Obama. You pretend that the Right isn't equally fascist.

You are still trapped and enslaved by the false Left Right paradigm.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2012 5:33:07 PM
FAIL

He only has 10 stripes
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2012 5:52:24 PM
Oh ma gawd seriously? I'm not a fan of Obama but holding a fvcking flag to be holy is retarded.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2012 5:54:56 PM
At 9/20/2012 5:33:07 PM, 16kadams wrote:
FAIL

He only has 10 stripes

It's a promotional design not an actual reinvention of the flag genius.

People really should make sure they know what they're talking about before they shout "fail".....It's sad when someone fails in calling someone else a fail.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2012 6:44:47 PM
At 9/20/2012 5:54:56 PM, 000ike wrote:
FAIL

He only has 10 stripes

It's a promotional design not an actual reinvention of the flag genius.

People really should make sure they know what they're talking about before they shout "fail".....It's sad when someone fails in calling someone else a fail.

You don't think they should represent the flag properly?
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2012 8:26:55 PM

Funny thing is that the Republicans want to make it illegal to burn an american flag, but they want to burn Obama. When I see such petty politics being played out with such fevered pitch I can seriously imagine 25% of Republicans would really throw a can of gas on the guy and light a match if they knew they would get away with it.

I don't even like the guy.
Chaos88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 2:44:32 AM
At 9/20/2012 2:23:28 PM, imabench wrote:

"Whether or not this is the fault of a staffer or is a concerted effort by the Obama campaign to make hay of the supposedly "divisive" comments of Mitt Romney pointing out to his donors in private the reality of his political situation is of little consequence."

Odds are its the first one

Obama is a fascist. At the Democratic National Convention Clinton repetitively mentioned that Obama stood for collectivism, that Democrats stood for strength through unity, rather than individualism.

So one persons opinion of what he thinks the party stands for counts as completely accurate evidence that any other member of the same party who didnt say those remarks are still completely fascist? Thats like me saying that since Romney once said that he likes firing people I use that statement to conclude that all Republicans are a**holes. (Which is complete crap)

Now the Obama administration is trying to propagandate the idea that Obama is the one that unites the states.

Its a drawing dude chill the f*ck out. Romney hung a Cayman Islands flag from his yacht once but that doesnt mean we can conclude he is going to sell out the United States to foreign governments.

For future reference:

1. When Romney said he liked firing people, he was referring to the ability to take his business elsewhere, specifically health insurance providers. There is nothing wrong with the sentiment, except the way he said it. Who wants to keep paying a company for crappy service when they can "fire" them and go elsewhere?

2. The Cayman Island flag was not flown on Romney's yacht. It was a Romney event hosted by someone else; it was that person's yacht.

I just wanted to clarify. They were immaterial to your overall point, but I feel these statements should be corrected, in case anyone didn't know.
Frederick53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 1:32:33 PM
I don't like Obama at all, but I don't understand what you're doing other than complaining about a presidential candidate using American flag imagery. How is that so abhorrent or even unusual?
In 1975, the Second Vietnam War began -1Historygenius

Like no wonder that indian dude rejected you.- Darkkermit to royalpaladin

Social Darwinism is a justification- 1Historygenius

Equal opportunity exists, so there is no problem- EvanK
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 1:40:53 PM
Lol, why is it so popular to claim that one dislikes Obama?

I see nothing to dislike about the guy. He does his job, and he doesn't do it embarrassingly, and that's already two steps ahead of many heralded presidents of administrations past.

Y'all just a bunch of haters.
Frederick53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 2:08:28 PM
At 9/21/2012 1:40:53 PM, Ren wrote:

I see nothing to dislike about the guy. He does his job, and he doesn't do it embarrassingly, and that's already two steps ahead of many heralded presidents of administrations past.

Mmmmmmm, drone strikes, for one. Under Obama, there are no longer such things as "civilian casualities" among men of "combat age". As far as he's concerned, any man who's old enough to fight is an enemy and a potential target for a drone strike.

DeFool
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 2:37:13 PM

This is incorrect. If the flag at the Obama concerts has his campaign logo where the stars should be - then that is not an American flag, which has stars where the stars should be.

So nothing has been desecrated. You will be relieved, and I am glad to have been the one to reassure you.
DeFool
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 2:54:32 PM
Obama is a fascist.

There are necessary conditions that must be met before one may be called a fascist. I have included two of these in the following points:

1. A person must self-identify as a fascist: Otherwise, no matter how similar, the person is not a proponent of fascism. Similarly, despite President Obama's many similarities with Dwight D Eisenhower, he is not a Republican. Because he has not self-identified as a Republican. Can he secretly be a fascist? No. Whatever his ideology may be called by hyperbolic thumbsuckers, he is closer to Ike than he is to Mussolini.

2. He does not fit the definition of Fascist: In order to fit this description, he would have to support a "merging of the corporations and the state." Who says? Mussolini.
http://www.brainyquote.com...

3. There are real fascists out there. There are also Nazis, real ones. The guys with the swastika tattoos and the shaved heads - do they support Obama? No.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 3:00:26 PM
At 9/21/2012 2:08:28 PM, Frederick53 wrote:

Mmmmmmm, drone strikes, for one. Under Obama, there are no longer such things as "civilian casualities" among men of "combat age". As far as he's concerned, any man who's old enough to fight is an enemy and a potential target for a drone strike.

Obama didnt make it that way, his foreign policy cabinet did, the cabinet almost identical to the one under Bush
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 3:02:13 PM

Drones and the use thereof are controlled by several legislators throughout the world. Politically speaking, it probably has the least to do with Barack Obama. In terms of how they're used in this country, Congress writes the bills; Obama only passes them.

http://thehill.com...

I understand that part of his purpose is to act as the federal scapegoat, but for those of us who are informed, we should place focus where it's due. Congress writes laws, the President and his cabinet enforces them, and the courts interpret them.
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 3:04:13 PM
At 9/21/2012 3:00:26 PM, imabench wrote:

Obama didnt make it that way, his foreign policy cabinet did, the cabinet almost identical to the one under Bush

No no no. His foreign policy cabinet actually carries out the initiatives set out by bills written by congress.

One could, perhaps, credit them for his passing those bills...
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 3:14:49 PM
At 9/21/2012 3:04:13 PM, Ren wrote:

No no no. His foreign policy cabinet actually carries out the initiatives set out by bills written by congress.

Ok but we can agree that Obama himself didnt define what a combat age enemy or a civilian cabinet is correct?

Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 3:20:40 PM
At 9/21/2012 3:14:49 PM, imabench wrote:

Ok but we can agree that Obama himself didnt define what a combat age enemy or a civilian cabinet is correct?

Oh, absolutely; from what I can tell, we completely agree on this issue.

Sorry, just being a persnickety pita. :P
Df0512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 5:04:01 PM
This is why are country is so divided. Such an unwillingness to work together. Political parties have become nothing more than political gangs battling for territory. If Obama wins Romney isn't going to cooperate with him and vise versa. Here we have a post dedicated to bashing the president of the united states. The majority of Americans voted for him but still so much separation. Bipartisanship is a myth. It will never exist.ed
Frederick53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 11:23:01 PM
At 9/21/2012 3:20:40 PM, Ren wrote:
At 9/21/2012 3:14:49 PM, imabench wrote:

Oh, absolutely; from what I can tell, we completely agree on this issue.

Sorry, just being a persnickety pita. :P

I was using hyperbole, but anyway, when you start looking at things realistically it's hard to ever actually pin something directly on the president. We all judge presidents by what happens under their watch. And in my opinion, the fact that he allowed something like that to become law is more than enough to make me dislike him. Along with Guantanamo Bay remaining open and such.

DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 12:31:54 AM
FAIL

He only has 10 stripes

It's 9 stripes. The stamp act congress had only 9 colonies attending. The rebellious stripes originally had 9 stripes representing the 9 colonies to attend the stamp act congress. Those 9 stripes became 13 under the second continental congress. In 1794 the flag had 15 stripes, and in 1818 it reverted back to 13.
The stripes represent the autonomy, and the union jack represents the union of the states.
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 12:33:15 AM
At 9/21/2012 1:32:33 PM, Frederick53 wrote:
I don't like Obama at all, but I don't understand what you're doing other than complaining about a presidential candidate using American flag imagery. How is that so abhorrent or even unusual?

it violates the flag code. He can use the flag, but not desecrate it for political gain.
Frederick53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 1:04:36 AM
At 9/22/2012 12:33:15 AM, DanT wrote:
At 9/21/2012 1:32:33 PM, Frederick53 wrote:

it violates the flag code. He can use the flag, but not desecrate it for political gain.

What constitutes desecration?

DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 1:12:31 AM
At 9/21/2012 2:54:32 PM, DeFool wrote:
Obama is a fascist.

There are necessary conditions that must be met before one may be called a fascist. I have included two of these in the following points:

1. A person must self-identify as a fascist: Otherwise, no matter how similar, the person is not a proponent of fascism. Similarly, despite President Obama's many similarities with Dwight D Eisenhower, he is not a Republican. Because he has not self-identified as a Republican. Can he secretly be a fascist? No. Whatever his ideology may be called by hyperbolic thumbsuckers, he is closer to Ike than he is to Mussolini.

So if someone has a shrine to Mussolini in his closet, has a swastika tattooed on his dong, and openly praises the axis of evil; he is not an advocate of fascism, if he is registered as a libertarian? That's BS! Communism was outlawed in the US, but there are still communists in America.
If the policies you advocate match 100% of the policies fascist advocate, but you choose to cal yourself a libertarian; it does not make you a libertarian. A wolf dressed as a sheep is still a wolf.

2. He does not fit the definition of Fascist: In order to fit this description, he would have to support a "merging of the corporations and the state." Who says? Mussolini.
http://www.brainyquote.com...

wrong usage my friend

The Italian corporativo has two meanings; corporative and corporate. Both words can be reference to either collectivism or corporations depending on the usage.
http://en.wiktionary.org...

Definition of Corporate
(adj) corporate, collective (done by or characteristic of individuals acting together)
"a joint identity"; "the collective mind"; "the corporate good"
or
(organized and maintained as a legal corporation)
"a special agency set up in corporate form"; "an incorporated town"
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...

Adjective
corporate
unified into one body; collective
or
of, or relating to a corporation

of or shared by all the members of a group
or
Law (of a company or group of people) authorized to act as a single entity and recognized as such in law.
http://oxforddictionaries.com...

Definition of corporative

Based on collective action or responsibility
or
Pertaining to a corporation; corporate.

3. There are real fascists out there. There are also Nazis, real ones. The guys with the swastika tattoos and the shaved heads - do they support Obama? No.

Actually the American Nazi Party endorsed Obama's 2008 Campaign. Rocky Suhayda, the leader of the Nazi party said, "White people are faced with either a negro or a total nutter who happens to have a pale face, personally, I"d prefer the negro. National Socialists are not mindless haters. Here, I see a white man, who is almost dead, who declares he wants to fight endless wars around the globe to make the world safe for Judeo-capitalist exploitation...basically a continuation of the last eight years of Emperor Bush. Then, we have a black man, who loves his own kind, belongs to a Black-Nationalist religion, is married to a black women"when usually negroes who have "made it" immediately land a white spouse as a kind of prize"that"s the kind of negro that I can respect."
http://www.jewishjournal.com...

The American Nazi Party also endorsed Occupy Wall St.
http://www.fireandreamitchell.com...
http://www.freestaterevolution.com...