Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 7:06:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
This news absolutely makes my day!

Gary Johnson Files Anti-Trust Lawsuit To Get Into Presidential Debates

Libertarian presidential candidate Gary Johnson filed an anti-trust lawsuit in federal court Friday to try to force his way into next month's presidential debates.

Johnson, who first sought the GOP primary nomination before launching a third-party bid, is suing the nonpartisan Commission on Presidential Debates and both the Democratic and Republican parties, calling the CPD a "conspiracy."

http://www.buzzfeed.com...

Go get 'em Johnson!
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 8:17:09 PM
Good. I hope he gets into the debates. He's going to inject real and substantial issues into the debates for once.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 8:18:48 PM
At 9/21/2012 8:17:09 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Good. I hope he gets into the debates. He's going to inject real and substantial issues into the debates for once.

Yup. If he gets in and does well, how much damage will he do?
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 8:19:55 PM
1) Did he just now figure out they werent going to let him into debates? Because I think the rest of us saw this coming months ago

2) Will the justice system process this in time? It takes weeks just to handle a parking ticket how the hell is this going to be ruled on and judged in time for him to actually get in the debates?

3) Is this only to get himself into the debates or is this for ALL the third party candidates?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Ron-Paul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 8:22:39 PM
At 9/21/2012 8:19:55 PM, imabench wrote:
1) Did he just now figure out they werent going to let him into debates? Because I think the rest of us saw this coming months ago

I think he knew that, but this is just a drastic measure.
2) Will the justice system process this in time? It takes weeks just to handle a parking ticket how the hell is this going to be ruled on and judged in time for him to actually get in the debates?

I'm sure this case will be given some priority.
3) Is this only to get himself into the debates or is this for ALL the third party candidates?

At least Jill Stein and Virgil Goode. Others I'm not sure about. I can't imagine Johnson being able to be in it under the lawsuit without at least those two.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 8:25:40 PM
At 9/21/2012 8:22:39 PM, Ron-Paul wrote:

At least Jill Stein and Virgil Goode. Others I'm not sure about. I can't imagine Johnson being able to be in it under the lawsuit without at least those two.

I can understand not letting the Nazi Party on, but where does the line get drawn between who gets on or not?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Ron-Paul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 8:26:57 PM
At 9/21/2012 8:25:40 PM, imabench wrote:
At 9/21/2012 8:22:39 PM, Ron-Paul wrote:

I can understand not letting the Nazi Party on, but where does the line get drawn between who gets on or not?

They're relatively minor in just the scope of third parties.
Chicken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 9:30:35 PM

Free Chicken for all who attend?
Disciple of Koopin
Right Hand Chicken of the Grand Poobah DDO Vice President FREEDO

Servant of Kfc
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 9:59:23 PM

If Johnson did get into the debates, and even if the other two candidates did, that would be much more interesting than now. It'd be nice to see candidates not sponsored by big business.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 9:21:55 AM
It won't hold up, the big dogs are going to shut it down and America will have to listen to the same lie from two different people.
kfc